Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,881 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878292 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldengift(f): 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
Good day everyone. Please I need a good gynaecologist in lagos I have been TTC for almost 3 years now. I need a good and well experienced doc to help me. Will really appreciate
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
Goldengift:
Good day everyone. Please I need a good gynaecologist in lagos I have been TTC for almost 3 years now. I need a good and well experienced doc to help me. Will really appreciate

What part of lagos area are you?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
missnigeria:
This is really serious o!yesterday I did a pregnancy strip test(urine),it is positive,i dint beliv it.I had to go to lab to do another test(blood) to confirm,it also came out positve.Infact i dont know what to do again because myself&my hubby has decided no more children,dats why i distance myself from my hubby.we met only once when baby was 9month,im still breastfeeding my 10month old baby&i hav decided to breastfeed him for 1yr 6months.infact i hav not even seen my period since i gave birth to him.I dint even know how to go about all this becos they said its not good to breastfeed a baby while pregnant.PLS DOCTORS IN THE HOUSE WHAT IS THE NEXT LINE OF ACTION.PLS HELP.THANKS

You only have one choice, keep the pregnancy and discontinue bre*stfeeding.

Still cnt believe what kind of coincidence happened! sad
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldengift(f): 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ikeja.
Marc9:

What part of lagos area are you?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
Goldengift:
Ikeja.

Western Avenue axis.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
Marc9:
Can't believe I was proved wrong by a lady! This is a d***ace to me! Jeez!

I resign! sad

You don't know all,and you can't know all!

If not now or very soon,breastfeeding as some thought as a form of contraception during pueperium will only be a thing of the classic!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MumZ(f): 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2014
Marc9:

I resign! sad

cheesy would it av been better if it was a guy, don't worry, stufs hapn. dat lady knows her stuffs well, u ll do well 2 always believe her. Pele u here, n no resign o, many pple r lookn up 2 ur input here, I know u r joking sha.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
marc 22222

If you've not observed your period since you gave birth, then it's unlikely you're pregnant. The symptoms you're experincing could actually be something else, say like PMS. But I'd have expected you to use a PT strip to rule out pregnancy

Now here's the deal. One of the reasons why breastfeeding mothers do not menstruate after childbirth is because of the high prolactin level in their blood. When the babies suckle, they stimulate the bre*st in producing more milk, indirectly increasing the level of prolactin as well. An increase in prolactin triggers a negative feed in which GnRH stimulates low secretion of estrogen and progesterone. So, as long as you're still breastfeeding him regularly, that would inhibit the secretion of hormones responsible for menstruation

[quote author=tchiwinnie
:
its very very possible dat u re pregnant, esp if u re nt on any contraceptive and having unprotected sex. Do a pt to b sure. And no, there s no adverse effect on ur baby.U dont need to stop breastfeeding.

Even without menstruating?
Did you take in without menstruating? Normally, regular menstruation signals ovulation preceded. Did you not read the part she said she's yet to menstruate after she gave birth? The only possibility lies in a coincidence where her first ovulation after childbirth results to fertilization, without a chance of menstruating

Like I said, I deal in logic, and sometimes nature proves logic wrong.

The bolded phrases show I never completely ruled out conception. I only said it has to be coincidental for such to happen, and it happened.

Twinnie, my apology. I rather someone like you gets it right over me.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
missnigeria:
This is really serious o!yesterday I did a pregnancy strip test(urine),it is positive,i dint beliv it.I had to go to lab to do another test(blood) to confirm,it also came out positve.Infact i dont know what to do again because myself&my hubby has decided no more children,dats why i distance myself from my hubby.we met only once when baby was 9month,im still breastfeeding my 10month old baby&i hav decided to breastfeed him for 1yr 6months.infact i hav not even seen my period since i gave birth to him.I dint even know how to go about all this becos they said its not good to breastfeed a baby while pregnant.PLS DOCTORS IN THE HOUSE WHAT IS THE NEXT LINE OF ACTION.PLS HELP.THANKS

It is not suicidal for the baby if by 9months you put a halt to lactation.

It is of your choice to bre.astfeed your baby in the little hours of pregnancy or not!

Anyway,why the disallow?

As a nursingmother lactates,the production of milk is as a result of the functional interraction of prolactin and the oxytocin hormone.This result to some flux of uterine musculature contraction often appearing as afterpain.Some felt that this contraction brought about by the breastfeeding act can provide an unawesome environment for the baby or probably cause an abortion.

Well,the contraction is not as assumed as you have once accepted.The contraction is quite minimal and the likelihood of an abortion from such a muscular exercise per se is overtly slim.

To keep the pregnancy or do away with it is yours to make!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
MumZ:

cheesy would it av been better if it was a guy, don't worry, stufs hapn. dat lady knows her stuffs well, u ll do well 2 always believe her. Pele u here, n no resign o, many pple r lookn up 2 ur input here, I know u r joking sha.

Loool! I was just kidding . Thanx all the same!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
Marc9:

I resign! sad
can u imagine?lol grin so na because i m a lady. hhhnmm. okk. in medicine/knowledge, gender doesnt really matter o. we re all open to knowlegde anytym.
U kno, dat feedbk mechanism u were explaining kinda wanes wt tym. wot i mean d mechanism is more 'intact' esp during EBF. Dont kno if u undstd me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
Marc9:

Still cnt believe what kind of coincidence happened! sad
Now u come again. grin . she doesnt need to stop br*astfeeding. pregnancy s nt a contraindication to bre*stfeeding
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
tchiwinnie:
can u imagine?lol grin so na because i m a lady. hhhnmm. okk. in medicine/knowledge, gender doesnt really matter o. we re all open to knowlegde anytym.
U kno, dat feedbk mechanism u were explaining kinda wanes wt tym. wot i mean d mechanism is more 'intact' esp during EBF. Dont kno if u undstd me

Anu go'm! sad
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 2:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
Marc9:

Still cnt believe what kind of coincidence happened! :
(
. it happens. in fact, for me if a nursing mother comes wt PMS like symptoms, i think of pregnancy first b4 any oda thing, whether or nt her period has resumed.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 2:39pm On Dec 09, 2014
Marc9:

Anu go'm! sad
grin. Nwayo nu
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 2:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
missnigeria:
My dear, pls just calm down. it has already happened.Adjust urself/plan and accept it. Who knows, wot blessing dis child ll b in d future. Pls kp d pregnancy wt joy.Wen u gv birth to dis one, try and do sm form of family planning. And u can continue breastfeeding, it doessnt affect ur baby adversely. Wishing u d best dear.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 09, 2014
tchiwinnie:

Now u come again. grin . she doesnt need to stop br*astfeeding. pregnancy s nt a contraindication to bre*stfeeding

You wan pull stuff with me abi? Eh? Eh? angry

Well, its her choice. I never said its bad breastfeeding while pregnant. Some factors determine if the pregnant nursing mothers should continue breastfeeding, or go on weaning. smiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by missnigeria: 7:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
Thank you all,but i still cant believe im pregnant.its as if im still dreaming.anyway God knows the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
zeemoh2012:
Pls how do I count my LMP? Because my LMP started with spotting 4 like 3 days b4 d main flow started on d 4th day and it lasted 9 days and I conceived in d circle so my questn is do I start d counting frm d day of d spotting or d day d flow started? Tnx
this post needs attention pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hotmomma(f): 12:47am On Dec 10, 2014
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by khatea: 1:31am On Dec 10, 2014
hotmomma:
good morning doctor, please i need your help, i have regular cycles and ovulation but no pregnancy for months now. after sex, i tend to remain in a lying position for 30minutes or more but when i stand up, the whole semen pours out. please what do you suspect? also what can my husband take to boast spermcount please.

?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 10, 2014
hotmomma:
good morning doctor, please i need your help, i have regular cycles and ovulation but no pregnancy for months now. after sex, i tend to remain in a lying position for 30minutes or more but when i stand up, the whole semen pours out. please what do you suspect? also what can my husband take to boast spermcount please.

Actually, there's nothing abnormal in flow-back ejaculatiion. Most ladies do experince it. In some cases, too much seemen could be responsible for flow-back ejaculatiion. In some other cases, hydrospermia(watery sperm) could be responsible, although hydrospermia doesn't necessarily spell out low sperm count.

Flow-back ejaculatiion simply reduces the chances of achieving fertilization, but in some cases where the ladies use their discretion well, it favours them.

The mistake you, and other ladies make is the position of lie. After intercourse, lying horizontally doesn't aid the seemen to flow in fully. The seemen simply remains in the vagina. But the best position is the pelvic-up inclination. The lady is expected to place a pillow under her hip/pelvis either during intercourse, or after intercourse, and remain in that position for awhile. With the pillow under, the hip is elevated higher, and gravity works in her favour by aiding the seemen to flow inside the cervix into the uterus, then down to the fallopian tube.

So, next time after intercourse, you should place a big pillow under your hip in order to raise it higher. God will do the rest!

2 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tchiwinnie: 8:54am On Dec 10, 2014
zeemoh2012:
this post needs attention pls
hi dear. are u in ur 1st trimester? u cld do an early scan to date ur pregnancy since u re in doubt. U cld also calculate frm wen d main flow started. In all, d diff btwn d 2dates is just 3days, so it wont really affect ur EDD much. Cheers
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 9:21am On Dec 10, 2014
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 9:23am On Dec 10, 2014
Good a.m to all, pls is it normal to be having milk vaginal discharge everyday, l do observe it every evening @ 10w+ pg
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 10, 2014
Bograd83:
Good a.m to all, pls is it normal to be having milk vaginal discharge everyday, l do observe it every evening @ 10w+ pg

Is the whitish discharge offensive? Does it itch?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
Marc9:

Is the whitish discharge offensive? Does it itch?
No, it doesn't itch
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2014
Bograd83:
No, it doesn't itch

Then it's likely a normal discharge(gestational discharge).
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Bograd83(f): 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2014
Marc9:

Then it's likely a normal discharge(gestational discharge).
tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by hotmomma(f): 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kuby22: 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
hello, i have been a silent reader on this forum.
i have being ttc for 3yrs now.
i did my hormonal profile test in July this year
this is d report of d assay done on cd 21:
progesterone 34.95ng/ml
cd 3
FSH 6.76mIU/ml
LH 4.00mIU/ml
prolactin 16.29 ng/ml
ultrasound findings
normal anteverted non gravid uterus. it contains
solitary
intramural hypoechoic mass measuring 3.64 x 3.00
cm
displacing the endomerium anteriorly. however normal
endomerial thickness noted. nomal size on boh sides
of the
ovaries no cyst.
i just did my hsg test in November last month and the
result is the cervical canal is normal in calibre and
shows a
smooth outline.
uterine cavity is normal in size and shows a fairly
regular outline.
both fallopian tubes are outlined to their fimbrial ends
and there is spillage of contrast from both fallopian
tubes.
contrast is noted to coat the bowel loops.
.awaiting suggestions thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2014
kuby22:
hello, i have been a silent reader on this forum.
i have being ttc for 3yrs now.
i did my hormonal profile test in July this year
this is d report of d assay done on cd 21:
progesterone 34.95ng/ml
cd 3
FSH 6.76mIU/ml
LH 4.00mIU/ml
prolactin 16.29 ng/ml
ultrasound findings
normal anteverted non gravid uterus. it contains
solitary
intramural hypoechoic mass measuring 3.64 x 3.00
cm
displacing the endomerium anteriorly. however normal
endomerial thickness noted. nomal size on boh sides
of the
ovaries no cyst.
i just did my hsg test in November last month and the
result is the cervical canal is normal in calibre and
shows a
smooth outline.
uterine cavity is normal in size and shows a fairly
regular outline.
both fallopian tubes are outlined to their fimbrial ends
and there is spillage of contrast from both fallopian
tubes.
contrast is noted to coat the bowel loops.
.awaiting suggestions thank you.

Your hormones are optimal.
Your uterus is well positioned
Your tubes are ok.
There's nothing wrong with you!

Has your husband run Seminal Analysis?

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.