Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,002 members, 7,849,038 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:46 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (883019 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:44am On Dec 15, 2015
meetmal03:
Increase your chances of taking in by creating a conducive environment in your womb for the baby to thrive in.
Are you pregnant already and need a complete supply of all the nutrients including folic acid for your unborn child?

Then you need Naturemade parental Multi + Dha softgel.

Nature Made Prenatal plus DHA Liquid SoftGel combines all of the key nutrients from a prenatal multivitamin with 200 mg DHA into ONE SINGLE SOFTGEL

Helps to support a healthy pregnancy and the baby’s development

Only one softgel a day has all the nutrients that you need.

You dont need to take any other thing till you give birth .
It is made in USA.

5 months supply is for 8000 naira saving you money that you would have used for pregnacare for 5 months.

To get one, go to the Nigerian supplier site www.mifant.com and get a bottle.
Text: 08104323941
Whatsapp: +447423097893

Cldn't you have been discreet with your reference or comparison?. In your bid to market your product, you don't have to de-market another company's product by being specific with it's brandname. Simply use ...... 'Saving you money you would have used on other prenatal supplements...

Don't incur a libel suit for your baby company

3 Likes

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hello Doctor, Please help me with the interpretation of this u/s report b4 I see my doctor.
The uterus is empty anteverted and within the normal limit. L = 48mm Ap = 32mm. The endometrial plate is prominent. No uterine fibroid seen. The POD/ Adnaxae are free. Impression : Normal Scan.
I do not understand the aspect of " endometrial plate is prominent" please is this something to worry about and does it affect fertility. I will appreciate your prompt response. Thank You!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 2:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
Laralabelle.... Ur report indicates all is well.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
matrix199:
Laralabelle.... Ur report indicates all is well.
Thank u so much.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olamitie: 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2015
Please have had three miscarriages in a row, all in first trimester, please what are the necessary test i need to check what is wrong? Dnt want to do any unneccesary one cos of financial constraint,im just a teacher.my blood group is O+ undecided thnks

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Blessedmum(f): 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
Gud day Doc, here is Dh's latest Sfa result, plz help torchlight it.Thanks.

Appearance: Watery
Viscosity: Normal
Volume: 2ml
Motility: Active 10%, Sluggish 40%, Dead 50%
Total Count: 56*10 raise to power 6 cells/ml(50-150*10) raise to power 6
Morphology: Normal 70%, Abnormal 30%
Pus Cells: ++
R.B.C: Nil
Epithelial Cells: 2-4Hpf
No infection.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olaronkecristian(f): 8:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
olaronkecristian:
on the 5th of Dec, 2015, I was diagnosed with high growth of staphylococcus infection, I took streptomycin injection from 7th to 16th Dec. I was expecting my af on the 18th But till today it never see Am. I now did hpt, I saw two clear lines to the glory of God. my fear now is that Hope d injection and lime that I took with gangaria all in the name of staphylococcus wont affect the foetus. thanks for your response. sorry for the long story.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:32am On Dec 22, 2015
olamitie:
Please have had three miscarriages in a row, all in first trimester, please what are the necessary test i need to check what is wrong? Dnt want to do any unneccesary one cos of financial constraint,im just a teacher.my blood group is O+ undecided thnks

Check for bacterial infection. Run a progesterone assay. Run a pelvic scan.

Possible causes of your miscarriages are low progesterone to sustain the pregnancy.

A threat from a standing or lingering infection cld lead to miscarriage.

Anembryonic gestation is also a possible cause. So your partner shld also run a seminal analysis to check the quality of his sperm, since poor seemen quality cld lead to this.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:43am On Dec 22, 2015
Blessedmum:
Gud day Doc, here is Dh's latest Sfa result, plz help torchlight it.Thanks.

Appearance: Watery
Viscosity: Normal
Volume: 2ml
Motility: Active 10%, Sluggish 40%, Dead 50%
Total Count: 56*10 raise to power 6 cells/ml(50-150*10) raise to power 6
Morphology: Normal 70%, Abnormal 30%
Pus Cells: ++
R.B.C: Nil
Epithelial Cells: 2-4Hpf
No infection.

His challenge lies in motility. Seems most of his sperm cells are immotile, with half been dead.

He needs to improve the quality of his sperm.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:55am On Dec 22, 2015
olaronkecristian:
Reference to the complaint above

Well, I can't really say if the embryo was affected by the antibiotic and "gbogbonishe" you took, but I think it's less likely it did, since the pregnancy is stil running.

I'll advise you run a fetal ultrasound at week 8.

Also, heavy staph infection may pose as a threat to the pregnancy. Keep your doctor informed in time on any development.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olamitie: 7:07am On Dec 22, 2015
matrix199:

Check for bacterial infection. Run a progesterone assay. Run a pelvic scan.

Possible causes of your miscarriages are low progesterone to sustain the pregnancy.

A threat from a standing or lingering infection cld lead to miscarriage.

Anembryonic gestation is also a possible cause. So your partner shld also run a seminal analysis to check the quality of his sperm, since poor seemen quality cld lead to this.

thanks for your response, heart beat was detected in the first and third pregnancy before i miscarried so i dnt tink it anembroynic gestation, i was given progesterone shot in the 3rd pregnancy but still miscarried early, how do i check for bacterial infection?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
olamitie:
thanks for your response, heart beat was detected in the first and third pregnancy before i miscarried so i dnt tink it anembroynic gestation, i was given progesterone shot in the 3rd pregnancy but still miscarried early, how do i check for bacterial infection?

Run endocervical swab m/c/s
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tng(f): 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hello,

I am about 8 wks pregnant. Apart from the usual nausea, i keep having stomach upset and i am basically grounded. Cant do too much around the house or at work, cant eat well and just generaly unweĺl. I am currently on promethazine and paracetamol but its not doing much for me. What can i do?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 4:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
tng:
Hello,

I am about 8 wks pregnant. Apart from the usual nausea, i keep having stomach upset and i am basically grounded. Cant do too much around the house or at work, cant eat well and just generaly unweĺl. I am currently on promethazine and paracetamol but its not doing much for me. What can i do?

There's nothing more you can do than endure the discomforts. It's just aggravated pregnancy symptoms, most common in primigravida. I'm sure it's your first pregnancy. Just be strong, the discomforts would abate sooner.

And please, discontinue the use of paracetamol. It's contra-indicated in pregnancy. Keep in touch with your gynae.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
I went for an ultrasound scan, and it shows everything is normal, but i still can't get pregnant
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tng(f): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
matrix199:

There's nothing more you can do than endure the discomforts. It's just aggravated pregnancy symptoms, most common in primigravida. I'm sure it's your first pregnancy. Just be strong, the discomforts would abate sooner.
[b]
And please, discontinue the use of paracetamol. It's contra-indicated in pregnancy. [/b]Keep in touch with your gynae.

Oh really? Thanks for the info. Actually its my third.
Thanks for your response
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tng(f): 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
matrix199:

And please, discontinue the use of paracetamol. It's contra-indicated in pregnancy
. Keep in touch with your gynae.

Really? Thanks for the info. Actually its my third. Thanks for your response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Blessedmum(f): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
matrix199:

His challenge lies in motility. Seems most of his sperm cells are immotile, with half been dead.

He needs to improve the quality of his sperm.

Thanks doc,I already told him dis, I jst wanted him to see this coz he's being misled by d lab scientist who carried out d test.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olamitie: 10:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
matrix199:

Run endocervical swab m/c/s
thanks, is it same as hvs m/c/s
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by olaronkecristian(f): 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2015
matrix199:

Well, I can't really say if the embryo was affected by the antibiotic and "gbogbonishe" you took, but I think it's less likely it did, since the pregnancy is stil running.

I'll advise you run a fetal ultrasound at week 8.

Also, heavy staph infection may pose as a threat to the pregnancy. Keep your doctor informed in time on any development.
thanks doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 4:49am On Dec 24, 2015
olamitie:
thanks, is it same as hvs m/c/s
Somehow the same, just that sample is taken from the cervix area.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by embassy69: 12:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
Pls where can nuchal translucency scan be done in Anambra, Enugu state or Asaba
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2015
embassy69:
Pls where can nuchal translucency scan be done in Anambra, Enugu state or Asaba

Try N.S.C in Enugu. It's somewhere around Agbani road, in Enugu.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by debehh: 8:33am On Dec 27, 2015
matrix199:

Do you know what postinor is? I can sense you don't. Postinor is an emergency oral contraceptive pill. You don't take it like you take your antimalarial drug for prophylaxis. Postinor is an emergency pill. You're meant to take it when the situation you find urslf in having sex is beyond ur control. But from the complaint, I can tell you take this pill regularly after sex. I may be wrong tho. But you just have to be careful how you take this pill. It has some short and long terms adverse effects. Postinor works by inhibiting the secretion of progestational hormones, thus preventing implantation. It ends up imbalancing the hormones, leading to menstrual irregularities.

You had sex on the 17th of nov, 5days after the start of your period. Pregnancy was unlikely cos you were in ur safe period, except in a Short Menstrual Cycle of 21days, or as you mentioned, irregular periods where spotting or vaginal bleeding may be misconstrued for menstrual periods and you lose chart of the actual safe and unsafe periods.

You're not pregnant. You may run the scan if you wish to, though it's not necessary. I'll also advise you visit a gynae at the nearest hospital for review.

tnk u doc. I went 4 d scan n d man said he thinks im showing signs of early pregnancy bt dat he wasnt sure. So he asked me to go for anoda blood pt and also a trans vaginal scan. He said d TVS was going to confirm it. D blood pt came out negative. Wen he carried out d TVS, he said my womb was empty. And dat dia is nothing in it 4 now. That was on d 21st. Today is the 46th day of my menstrual cycle. No period yet. Do i need to run another pt? Ive been having some pain in my abdomen. Thank u. Merry christmas.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
debehh:

tnk u doc. I went 4 d scan n d man said he thinks im showing signs of early pregnancy bt dat he wasnt sure. So he asked me to go for anoda blood pt and also a trans vaginal scan. He said d TVS was going to confirm it. D blood pt came out negative. Wen he carried out d TVS, he said my womb was empty. And dat dia is nothing in it 4 now. That was on d 21st. Today is the 46th day of my menstrual cycle. No period yet. Do i need to run another pt? Ive been having some pain in my abdomen. Thank u. Merry christmas.

I don't think it's pregnancy. It's actually amenorrhea. Your amenorrhea is due to hormonal imbalance. The postinor must have disrupted your hormones. If you wld have to run an investigation, hormonal assay is the right investigation to run, with pelvic scan(to check the POD, cos PID may also be responsible for ur amenorrhea).
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by fame12k(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
@matrix199, and other doctors in the house, I am a graduate of human anatomy, both at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, I am well grounded in human structure and function, radiography anatomy and theoretical aspect of ultrasound scan, but can't operate an ultrasound machine.
I would appreciate it if I can get an hospital to learn ultrasonography. I am a fast learner and have being preparing myself for the task by studying different books on obstetrics and gynaecology ultrasound.
Wouldn't mind working for the hospital free for few months.
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Xtiana250: 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
Hello doc,pls can u help me and interprete my test result.it states here ;progesterone 14.2(2.5-32)mmol/L. Prolactin 27(8.3-20)ng/ml.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
Xtiana250:
Hello doc,pls can u help me and interprete my test result.it states here ;progesterone 14.2(2.5-32)mmol/L. Prolactin 27(8.3-20)ng/ml.

Your prolactin is high.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by debehh: 7:21am On Dec 28, 2015
matrix199:

I don't think it's pregnancy. It's actually amenorrhea. Your amenorrhea is due to hormonal imbalance. The postinor must have disrupted your hormones. If you wld have to run an investigation, hormonal assay is the right investigation to run, with pelvic scan(to check the POD, cos PID may also be responsible for ur amenorrhea).

tnk u doc. Ill do dat.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tutucious(f): 7:44am On Dec 28, 2015
Edited
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by elly26: 8:26am On Dec 28, 2015
Hello Doc, I have a mensural cycle of 33days and it's been regular, I was xpecting it on the24th of this month yet it did not come, went for a pregnancy test it came out negative yet I have sore breast and bloating. pls help av been trying to conceive for some time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.