Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,106 members, 7,835,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (881406 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Osagbovo2(m): 8:51am On Dec 28, 2015
Hello doc. Please I really need serious help about my cholesterol level based on the test carried out
Totasl cholesterol. 234mg/dl. (100-200)mg/dl
The lab/ doc said it was high and I was asked to buy Coldliver oil (omega) and B-complex
But I need your advise on the best fruit and medication to take because the cholesterol level is aways high any time I went for check up even after taken pils.
Thanks sir very Urgent
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 7:32am On Dec 29, 2015
elly26:
Hello Doc, I have a mensural cycle of 33days and it's been regular, I was xpecting it on the 24th of this month yet it did not come, went for a pregnancy test it came out negative yet I have sore breast and bloating. pls help av been trying to conceive for some time.

Get a PT strip and run a home test. Use early morning urine to run the test. If it doesn't show two red lines, then it's a confirmation you're not pregnant.

High physical or mental stress level may just be the factor responsible for your menstrual delay. Perhaps, there was a medication you took that may have disrupted your hormone balance.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 7:52am On Dec 29, 2015
Osagbovo2:
Hello doc. Please I really need serious help about my cholesterol level based on the test carried out
Totasl cholesterol. 234mg/dl. (100-200)mg/dl
The lab/ doc said it was high and I was asked to buy Codliver oil (omega) and B-complex
But I need your advice on the best fruit and medication to take because the cholesterol level is aways high any time I went for check up even after taken pils.
Thanks sir very Urgent

You have what is known as 'familial hypercholesterolaemia'. It's a kind of hereditary condition. It explains why the cholesterol level appears high anytime you have it checked.

You can manage the condition by exercising regularly. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Get vitamin B supplement. Mind your lifestyle. If you smoke or drink, you may have to quit. Always have your blood cholesterol level monitored.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Osagbovo2(m): 7:57am On Dec 29, 2015
Thanks doc. You made my day!!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by elly26: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2015
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Xtiana250: 11:20am On Dec 29, 2015
@Matrix199,Thanks for ur response! Wot abt my progesterone? I'm just wondering, could there possibly be a link between Af getting lighter and shorter by me having high prolactin and low progesterone?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by moonert(f): 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
Good day doctors. I am 31weeks pregnant and my pcv dropped from33% to 28%. Am scared it may go lower than it is before my edd. please what can I do to increase it? thank you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by soonest(f): 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
moonert:
Good day doctors. I am 31weeks pregnant and my pcv dropped from33% to 28%. Am scared it may go lower than it is before my edd. please what can I do to increase it? thank you.
Hi moonert, you can increase your hematinics to twice daily.
2. Add steamed ugu to most of your meals. Steam it with crayfish, tomatoes and onions.
3. Try and eat meat/fish/egg daily.
With these your pcv should come up before your edd. I suppose you have had 2 IPTs. All the best
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
@moonert, the post above just said it all.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
Xtiana250:
@Matrix199,Thanks for ur response! Wot abt my progesterone? I'm just wondering, could there possibly be a link between Af getting lighter and shorter by me having high prolactin and low progesterone?

Yes there is. High prolactin has an impact on AF. High level of prolactin interrupts the secretion of progesterone, the hormone that aids endometrial formation. The higher the level of prolactin in the blood, the lower the amount of progesterone secretion. I think a progesterone level greater than 25mmol/L leads to heavy menstrual flow. A 14mmol/L level may lead to moderate or light menstrual flow.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nipheme(f): 4:32am On Dec 30, 2015
c
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Orente21(f): 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2016
Hello doctor,pls i need ur help.av being try 2get pregnant 4months now bt i culdnt. I alway av sex frequent on the week of ovulation and days after bt no luck. My period r nt regular right fr the start bt i av 27,28,29 constantly. Pls help,wat can i do,am gettin worried.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by phykiesexy: 7:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
[quote author=olaronkecristian post=41218975][/quote]

Call this number 07057882254. U wld b fine. N u will smile n thank me later.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 11:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Orente21:
Hello doctor,pls i need ur help.av being try 2get pregnant 4months now bt i culdnt. I alway av sex frequent on the week of ovulation and days after bt no luck. My period r nt regular right fr the start bt i av 27,28,29 constantly. Pls help,wat can i do,am gettin worried.

Has your DH been checked okay? If he is, then attention shld be focused on ur AF. The reason why conception has been unsuccessful is your menstrual irregularity. Your cycle is inconsistent. It's either you Anovulate, or you've had hypotrophied endometrium(due to low progesterone, resulting to unsuccessful implantation).

The right thing to do is visit a hospital and seek the services of a gynae.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Orente21(f): 6:12am On Jan 02, 2016
matrix199:

Has your DH been checked okay? If he is, then attention shld be focused on ur AF. The reason why conception has been unsuccessful is your menstrual irregularity. Your cycle is inconsistent. It's either you Anovulate, or you've had hypotrophied endometrium(due to low progesterone, resulting to unsuccessful implantation).

The right thing to do is visit a hospital and seek the services of a gynae.
Tanx. I ll do that. DH has not being check considering that, bt ll do dt. can't it b corrected, and aw long ll it take to b pregnant if treated.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 7:35am On Jan 02, 2016
Orente21:
Tanx. I ll do that. DH has not being check considering that, bt ll do dt. can't it b corrected, and aw long ll it take to b pregnant if treated.

It's necessary dh gets checked. A seminal analysis test is advised.

I can't be specific on how quick conception wld happen after checks and treatment, because other factors may be responsible for the failure, like the position of the uterus. Thus, you should run a pelvic scan as well. But I'm confident you'll take in after checks and treatment.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by herboshedhe(f): 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
Hello Doc,kindly. help my friend find the right treatment for pelvic inflammatory disease?She has taken series of antibiotic prescription from the doctors yet after undergoing medical test,she still feels the abdominal pain,such that she can hardly sit up...Thanks for your contributions...she took flagyl,vit C,pcm,and ciprotab antibiotics
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2016
herboshedhe:
Hello Doc,kindly. help my friend find the right
treatment for pelvic inflammatory disease?She has taken
series of antibiotic prescription from the doctors yet after
undergoing medical test,she still feels the abdominal
pain,such that she can hardly sit up...Thanks for your
contributions...she took flagyl,vit C,pcm,and ciprotab antibiotics

I wld have to take history and review to really understand why the PID stil stands. Here's one of the reasons why the PID recurs...... If your PID was sexually contracted, ur partner's exclusion from treatment may not help matters, because after u've had treatment, and you engage him sexually, he wld re-infect you. So, both parties shld be placed on treatment.

Also, it's very imperative to have follow up after main treatments. Very vital.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 2:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
Good day doctor, please what common symptoms does someone with uterine scarring/adhesions have. And can it be diagnosed by pelvic ultrasound?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RAKITIC: 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
What could be the cause of frequent passing out of gas, belching and rumbling of the stomach even when i'm not hungry
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by herboshedhe(f): 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
matrix199:

I wld have to take history and review to really understand why the PID stil stands. Here's one of the reasons why the PID recurs...... If your PID was sexually contracted, ur partner's exclusion from treatment may not help matters, because after u've had treatment, and you engage him sexually, he wld re-infect you. So, both parties shld be placed on treatment.

Also, it's very imperative to have follow up after main treatments. Very vital.

Alright sir
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 4:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
RAKITIC:
What could be the cause of frequent passing out of gas, belching and rumbling of the stomach even when i'm not hungry

How often do you empty your bowel? When last did you cleanse your colon?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RAKITIC: 4:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
matrix199:

How often do you empty your bowel? When last did you cleanse your colon?
mostly twice a day. Clean colon how?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
RAKITIC:
mostly twice a day. Clean colon how?

When last did you purge your large intestine with laxative?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by RAKITIC: 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
matrix199:

When last did you purge your large intestine with laxative?
never did. How can i do that?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
RAKITIC:
never did. How can i do that?

You've never had your colon cleansed b4?.... Jeez! Your fart must be so toxic then.

Go to the pharmacy, tell the pharmacist you need laxative for colon cleansing, he'll dispense it to you. Then have your colon cleansed, before your gut turns radioactive.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
Dazzle86:
Good day doctor, please what common symptoms does someone with uterine scarring/adhesions have. And can it be diagnosed by pelvic ultrasound?

The symptoms include light menstrual flow, and sometimes, pelvic pain. And yes, it can be diagnosed by pelvic ultrasound, HSG, and hysteroscopy. Hysteroscopy gives a clearer insight.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by okhionkpai: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
Hello Doctor please i want to know if having sex everyday will reduce my chances of getting a woman pregnant. My wife and i have sex everyday sometimes twice a day. Now we are ready to start a family. We have been trying to conceive and she complains that sex everyday will delay conception by reducing sperm count and quality via we should have sex twice a week then have it everyday during her ovulation window. Both of us are medically ok. My S.a was over 70million normal sperm being 65% while abnormal sperm was 35%. Her ultrasound scan says her womb is normal,she has a regular cycle and ovulates. Is she right?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Dazzle86(f): 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
matrix199:

The symptoms include light menstrual flow, and sometimes, pelvic pain. And yes, it can diagnosed by pelvic ultrasound, HSG, and hysteroscopy. Hysteroscopy gives a clearer insight.

Thanks Doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
matrix199:

You've never had your colon cleansed b4?.... Jeez! Your fart must be so toxic then.

Go to the pharmacy, tell the pharmacist you need laxative for colon cleansing, he'll dispense it to you. Then have your colon cleansed, before your gut turns radioactive.

hello Sir a pregnant woman has not been able to poop for the past 4days now. I need ur help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 11:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
okhionkpai:
Hello Doctor please i want to know if having sex everyday will reduce my chances of getting a woman pregnant. My wife and i have sex everyday sometimes twice a day. Now we are ready to start a family. We have been trying to conceive and she complains that sex everyday will delay conception by reducing sperm count and quality via we should have sex twice a week then have it everyday during her ovulation window. Both of us are medically ok. My S.a was over 70million normal sperm being 65% while abnormal sperm was 35%. Her ultrasound scan says her womb is normal,she has a regular cycle and ovulates. Is she right?

In a menstrual cycle, 5-day period is usually the fertile period, in which fertilization can take place. The rest of the days is non-fertile period. If you're trying to conceive, it's imperative to concentrate on intercourse within the fertile zone. Everyday intercourse does not increase the chances of conception. Rather, everyday may render both partners lethargic, and may deplete the man's sperm reserve when it wld really matter.

So your wife was right. You guys shld consider and concentrate on having intercourse when she's in her fertile period. Her fertile period begins 3-days to her ovulation, and 1-day after(5-days in total). You can then minimize the frequency you have sex after her fertile days.

Best of hope!

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.