Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (881396 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
excellence44:

hello Sir a pregnant woman has not been able to poop for the past 4days now. I need ur help.

She's having constipation. She needs to increase her fibre intake. Let her take lots of fresh vegetables like steamed pumpkin leaves, eggplant, cucumber, fruits, and lots of water. The urge to defaecate will build, and eventually, when she poohs, she won't find it difficult to empty her bowel.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 04, 2016
matrix199:

She's having constipation. She needs to increase her fibre intake. Let her take lots of fresh vegetables like steamed pumpkin leaves, eggplant, cucumber, fruits, and lots of water. The urge to defaecate will build, and eventually, when she poohs, she won't find it difficult to empty her bowel.
she's been taken lots of oranges egg plant and veg. Thanks a lot
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 04, 2016
Doc, I only took clomid last month, so I got my period on the 36thdays, instead of 29thdays, which it's my normal cycle, will i get my normal 29day Cycle back
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:25am On Jan 04, 2016
99billiondollar:
Doc, I only took clomid last month, so I got my period on the 36thdays, instead of 29thdays, which it's my normal cycle, will i get my normal 29day Cycle back

Having back your usual 29day cycle shouldn't be your concern. You should be particular about having a normal, consistent cycle.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 04, 2016
matrix199:

Having back your usual 29day cycle shouldn't be your concern. You should be particular about having a normal, consistent cycle.

Exactly, any help
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:48am On Jan 04, 2016
folash:
pls where is Dr omicron and luckyg. hope all is well with them?
I have been good, thanks. Just got busier offline.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by omicron(m): 10:50am On Jan 04, 2016
rainyday:
Where is doc omicron? we miss u oo! hope u r good
I am fine dear, thanks. I missed the thread too. Happy new year, and really wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by havenly(f): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2016
Good day doc,please I need ur counsel. I got married early last year,and around October, I took antibiotics with my hubby and I actually conceived but I didn't know till the pregnancy was about 7 weeks,at my first ultrasound, I was told to redo after two weeks.to cut the long story short,I miscarried the baby at the first trimester,around early December. I was told no need for evacuation because the process was complete,but I used antibiotics.
I have not seen my period yet,and I really wish to conceive immediately, pls what drugs can I use to ensure ovulation and what could have caused the miscarriage and what can I do to prevent another occurence. thanks sir.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
havenly:
Good day doc,please I need ur counsel. I got married early last year,and around October, I took antibiotics with my hubby and I actually conceived but I didn't know till the pregnancy was about 7 weeks,at my first ultrasound, I was told to redo after two weeks.to cut the long story short,I miscarried the baby at the first trimester,around early December. I was told no need for evacuation because the process was complete,but I used antibiotics.
I have not seen my period yet,and I really wish to conceive immediately, pls what drugs can I use to ensure ovulation and what could have caused the miscarriage and what can I do to prevent a recurrence. Thanks sir.

Let's begin with......
1. How old are you?
2. What was the indication for the antibiotics you and your dh took?
3. Was the miscarried preg your first conception?
4. Who did you refer to as.. "I was told"?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Orente21(f): 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
matrix199:

Has your DH been checked okay? If he is, then attention shld be focused on ur AF. The reason why conception has been unsuccessful is your menstrual irregularity. Your cycle is inconsistent. It's either you Anovulate, or you've had hypotrophied endometrium(due to low progesterone, resulting to unsuccessful implantation).

The right thing to do is visit a hospital and seek the services of a gynae.
hello doctor, I visited d hospital today, d doctor placed me on antibiotics for 7 days and told me I ll b on clomid and vitamin b or so on the 1 st day of my next AF. I was not check at all but I narrated medical history to her. Am I go to go?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 4:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
Orente21:
hello doctor, I visited d hospital today, d doctor placed me on antibiotics for 7 days and told me I ll b on clomid and vitamin b or so on the 1 st day of my next AF. I was not check at all but I narrated medical history to her. Am I good to go?

At first I wondered why the antibiotics, but I figured the need must have come from your history. Well, you're good to go.

Best of hope.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by havenly(f): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
matrix199:

Let's begin with......
1. How old are you?
2. What was the indication for the antibiotics you and your dh took?
3. Was the miscarried preg your first conception?
4. Who did you refer to as.. "I was told"?

Thanks for ur response, in answering your questions.
1.) I am 30 yrs old
2.) The infection (can't remember the name), was susceptible to oflaxacin,so i used the antibiotics for 2 wks.
3.)the miscarriage was my first conception
4.)The radiologist,where I did the first ultrasound told me scan wasn't showing anything for the pregnancy of more than 12 weeks.
Thanks sir
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by okhionkpai: 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
matrix199:

In a menstrual cycle, 5-day period is usually the fertile period, in which fertilization can take place. The rest of the days is non-fertile period. If you're trying to conceive, it's imperative to concentrate on intercourse within the fertile zone. Everyday intercourse does not increase the chances of conception. Rather, everyday may render both partners lethargic, and may deplete the man's sperm reserve when it wld really matter.

So your wife was right. You guys shld consider and concentrate on having intercourse when she's in her fertile period. Her fertile period begins 3-days to her ovulation, and 1-day after(5-days in total). You can then minimize the frequency you have sex after her fertile days.

Best of hope!

Thanks doctor. I have another question.
Will having sex during the two week wait prevent implantation.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 8:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
havenly:

Thanks for ur response, in answering your questions.
1.) I am 30 yrs old
2.) The infection (can't remember the name), was susceptible to oflaxacin,so i used the antibiotics for 2 wks.
3.)the miscarriage was my first conception
4.)The radiologist,where I did the first ultrasound told me scan wasn't showing anything for the pregnancy of more than 12 weeks.
Thanks sir

Ok. I think it was a bacterial infection, and it was heavy. The infection may have threatened the pregnancy into aborting.

The reason why your period ceased is hormonal imbalance. You have to treat the infection completely, then get your hormones balanced, before ttc. That's the way to prevent a recurrence.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 8:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
okhionkpai:

Thanks doctor. I have another question.
Will having sex during the two week wait prevent implantation.

Sex doesn't prevent or hinder implantation.

Let me recommend 3 times a week coital session for you guys. Hope u're not a too much sex demander?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mbula(f): 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
gopd day doc, pls I am a first time mum, had my baby through cs on 7th of oct, my menstral cycle has always been 24 days lasting for 3 days and regular.i had my period on 19th dec after delivery in oct, and it lasted for 2 days, just yesterday, another period started.making it only 15days interval....pls is all well.i am scared.thanx as I await ur responds....
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 10:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
mbula:
gopd day doc, pls I am a first time mum, had my baby through cs on 7th of oct, my menstral cycle has always been 24 days lasting for 3 days and regular.i had my period on 19th dec after delivery in oct, and it lasted for 2 days, just yesterday, another period started.making it only 15days interval....pls is all well.i am scared.thanx as I await ur responds....

Though, having a 15day menstrual interval isn't normal, all is well. The problem is that order has not been fully restored. The subsequent period presented too early because hormonal balance hasn't be restored.

Give it time, you'll observe your regular menstruation as it was before.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mbula(f): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
matrix199:

Though, having a 15day menstrual interval isn't normal, all is well. The problem is that order has not been fully restored. The subsequent period presented too early because hormonal balance hasn't be restored.

Give it time, you'll observe your regular menstruation as it was before.

thanx doc, I agree with you beacuse the first period that came on 19th didn't flow well. same with what I am seeing now.i end up using one pad a day as I only see blood when I wipe.it isn't flowing like usual period.though I saw a medium size cloted blood this afternoon.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by okhionkpai: 9:22am On Jan 05, 2016
matrix199:

Sex doesn't prevent or hinder implantation.

Let me recommend 3 times a week coital session for you guys. Hope u're not a too much sex demander?
lol doc. We have a very active sex life,cos i have high libido. I will stick to the 3 times a week. It's baby time sacrifices have to be made.
Thank you Doc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Chili89: 9:44am On Jan 05, 2016
Hello Doc, I'm four weeks preg and having serious catarrh and sneezing, pls wat drug do you suggest I take?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 10:35am On Jan 05, 2016
Chili89:
Hello Doc, I'm four weeks preg and having serious catarrh and sneezing, pls wat drug do you suggest I take?

Have you been on routine supplements like folic acid, calcium, B-complex, vitamin C and E? If you've been, you may have to increase your vitamin C dose. If you've not been, you should begin the routine supplements today.

Mind the cold weather. Avoid having your bath with cold water. Always leep under the blanket till the weather improves..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Qmab: 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello doc. Is oral intake of Andrews liver salt, alabukun and alcohol a safe means of abortion of first trimester pregnancy?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 3:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
Qmab:
Hello doc. Is oral intake of Andrews liver salt, alabukun and alcohol a safe means of abortion of first trimester pregnancy?

Only if the lady is suicidal.

Irony of life..... What others are in dire need of. Please, for the love of God, convince whoever it is to keep the preg.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
omicron:
I am fine dear, thanks. I missed the thread too. Happy new year, and really wish you all the best.
YĆ aay!!!! Welcome back! U were missed sir. Good to read from u again

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
Good day Doc
please, I want u to explain dis scan result cos I dnt really understand it
Pelvic Scan
Uterus 36mm AP
36mm TS
68mm LS
Endometrium normal
nil gestation sac
Ovaries. normal 29mm left cyst
Adnexa nil POD fluid collection
Diagnosis. Normal uterus
Left cyclical cyst

D doc also said I av released an egg
I did d scan today.. is it possible to conceive dis period cos av been TTC for 4 mnths nw
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Rukkington(f): 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
Good day Doc
Pelvic Scan
Uterus 36mm AP
36mm TS
68mm LS
Endometrium normal
nil gestation sac
Diagnosis. Normal uterus
Left cyclical cyst

I did d scan today.. is it possible to conceive dis period cos av been TTC for 4 mnths nw

Your response will be highly appreciated
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rofemiguwa(f): 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
Gud day docs. I am 5months gone.all I have is folic acid and astyfer. I wanted to buy pregnacare but my doc said recent studies shows d suppplement makes babies big therefore resulting in mothers going for CS to deliver 4pplus babies.
I don't know if that is true.
My question is this two drugs enuf?.
Also what fruits shud I avoid in pregnancy??

I also love swimming but haven't gone since I got preggy, I feel so hot recently and have a great urge to go swim. Shud I indulge mysef. Is it safe for my baby.
Am I first time mum

Thank u for ur time
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
Rukkington:
Good day Doc
Pelvic Scan
Uterus 36mm AP
36mm TS
68mm LS
Endometrium normal
nil gestation sac
Diagnosis. Normal uterus
Left cyclical cyst

What I can make out from the report is that you have a small cyst in your left ovary. If the sonographer said you've ovulated, the question is....when? But If the egg was released today, then you have today, tomorrow, and probably the next, to have intercourse. If it was released before today, say yesterday, then you have today, and probably tomorrow, to have intercourse, and hopefully it leads to fertilization.
All the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by matrix199(m): 7:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Gud day docs. I am 5months gone.all I have is folic acid and astyfer. I wanted to buy pregnacare but my doc said recent studies shows d suppplement makes babies big therefore resulting in mothers going for CS to deliver 4pplus babies.
I don't know if that is true.
My question is this two drugs enuf?.
Also what fruits shud I avoid in pregnancy??

I also love swimming but haven't gone since I got preggy, I feel so hot recently and have a great urge to go swim. Shud I indulge mysef. Is it safe for my baby.
Am I first time mum

Thank u for ur time

Pregnancy supplement is not the only factor that determines fetal weight. Other factors are also determinants. Pregnacare is a super pregnancy supplement that has high doses/measures of essential nutrients like calcium, B vitamins, C vitamin, E vitamin, and as well folate. The problem is not necessarily the supplement, but the plan. Rather than take it daily, your doc can use his discretion by placing you on a reduced dose(each tab cld be broken into halves).

I don't know the constituents of astyfer, so I can't tell if it provides other essential pregnancy supplements, along with the folic acid.

About the swimming, well, since the fetus gets his oxygen from the placenta, submerging in water shouldn't disrupt his breathing. But then, submerging too long in water may cause your temperature to drop, and that may subject you to hypothermia. Don't forget the weather is stil windy and cold. If you're hot, why not take a cool shower, or sit in ur bath tub?

I just hope another pregnant lady won't feel like riding a bicycle.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Janix2: 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2016
matrix199:

Pregnancy supplement is not the only factor that determines fetal weight. Other factors are also determinants. Pregnacare is a super pregnancy supplement that has high doses/measures of essential nutrients like calcium, B vitamins, C vitamin, E vitamin, and as well folate. The problem is not necessarily the supplement, but the plan. Rather than take it daily, your doc can use his discretion by placing you on a reduced dose(each tab cld be broken into halves).

I don't know the constituents of astyfer, so I can't tell if it provides other essential pregnancy supplements, along with the folic acid.

About the swimming, well, since the fetus gets his oxygen from the placenta, submerging in water shouldn't disrupt his breathing. But then, submerging too long in water may cause your temperature to drop, and that may subject you to hypothermia. Don't forget the weather is stil windy and cold. If you're hot, why not take a cool shower, or sit in ur bath tub?

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by rofemiguwa(f): 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hahahahaha. I do feel like riding a bicycle atimes. But lagos has such busy lanes.. Thank u so much doc. So do u advise I get pregncare n take half tab a dose to suplement my folic acid n astyfer.
I feel so dizzy dis days as if I lack blood or sometin.
Thanks for d advice.
matrix199:

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by adaphik(f): 8:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello doc, I am a nursing mother, i just started inserting gynotiocosid. Pls I hope it doesn't get to the breast milk.. Thx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.