Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879841 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:27am On Jan 26, 2009
@largie

The baby can change positions up to 36weeks.  Be patient and avoid ibuprofen just as Naijaking suggested.  A birth plan is nice but always remember that the most important outcome is a healthy baby and healthy mom.  If you need an epidural, take one.  There is no great prize for refusing pain management neither is there a warrant for ones head if you decline

@nubianQ
Are your headaches related to menses?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:30am On Jan 26, 2009
@go4gold

Pepper is fine and will not harm the baby. She can go for the trip as long as she stays well hydrated and has frequent stops to stretch her legs. Which part of her skin is tender? Over the belly?

@itiade

Where are you based?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:32am On Jan 26, 2009
@temiolumi

This is natural and doesn't affect your ability to get pregnant. How old are you? Do you have regular menses every month? When was the first day of your last three menstrual cycles?

@tishat
It's fine but I think a tampon is a more efficient and hygienic way to go
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:33am On Jan 26, 2009
@demdam

You should be fine but I would go with a stool softener such as docusate sodium instead. Some laxatives can cause contractions.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:35am On Jan 26, 2009
@Balogun and Naijaking

I agree with both of you but I just don't know what good it will do. I was on the pharmacy thread and couldn't believe what I was reading!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by temiolumi(f): 10:32am On Jan 26, 2009
Thanks Doctor Kathy. I'm 30 yrs. My last 3 months MP was on Nov. 5th. Yes i do av regular mense, but my cycle just changed from 26 days to 31 days after a misccariage i had in November. Awaiting further advise. Thanks once again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by VENUSS(f): 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2009
u guyz wat is the cure urgent reply plssssssssssssss
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itiade(f): 8:00am On Jan 27, 2009
kathyekiti:

@go4gold

Pepper is fine and will not harm the baby. She can go for the trip as long as she stays well hydrated and has frequent stops to stretch her legs. Which part of her skin is tender? Over the belly?

@itiade

Where are you based?

Thank you Doc,
I am based in Lagos, Nigeria
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itiade(f): 8:03am On Jan 27, 2009
Thank you Doc,
I am based in Lagos Nigeria
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 9hmo(m): 10:16am On Jan 27, 2009
Thanks for your previous advice, I`m getting married on April 25 this year and i don`t want my wife to get pregnant before marriage. Kindly advice us on the best pregnancy control pills that will not affect her womb.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aladunni(f): 12:17pm On Jan 27, 2009
9hmo:

Thanks for your previous advice, I`m getting married on April 25 this year and i don`t want my wife to get pregnant before marriage. Kindly advice us on the best pregnancy control pills that will not affect her womb.

abstinence wink
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 9hmo(m): 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2009
@Oladunmi grin, pls my question to Dr Kathy is not for jokes and Jokers like you. I`m a responsible gentleman.
Pls Kathy, I`m waiting for your answer.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gsawlah(f): 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2009
Compliments of the Seasons to you Doc.

Its really good to have you here. I have read thru all your replies and i must tell you i, we are highly impressed with you.

I was here sometimes ago, irregular period it came in October and since then ve not seen it again. though i did pelvic scan which read normal. i dont understand wat the problem is.
Im i on the right track if i start to take clomid as it is really getting me down.

i want to get married this year & also get pregnant by the grace of God.

Please help. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Aladunni(f): 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2009
9hmo:

@Oladunmi grin, pls my question to Dr Kathy is not for jokes and Jokers like you. I`m a responsible gentleman.
Pls Kathy, I`m waiting for your answer.

I trust the doc, she wont say something else

I still maintain ABSTINENCE I am ALADUNNI
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:32pm On Jan 28, 2009
@itiade
unfortunately, I am not familiar with the obs in Nigeria. I would suggest you ask your friends or even your GP for referral

@temiolumi
Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It may take a while for your menses to regulate. Keep track of the first day of your period. Remember ovulation takes place ~14days before menses
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:34pm On Jan 28, 2009
@ venuss

How many times a year do you get your period? How much do you weigh? How old are you?

@9hmo
She can use any oral contraceptive with the knowlegde that some people may develop blood clots. Since you are getting married in April, I would suggest condoms for the short time left before you start trying for a family.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2009
@gsawlah

I think clomid may be the way to go for you but you need to see your gynecologist. You will also need progesterone supplements. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by VENUSS(f): 8:32am On Jan 29, 2009
i
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 9hmo(m): 9:15am On Jan 29, 2009
Dear doc. Kathy,thanks a million times for your candid advice.
Whats the best way for family planning apart from CONDOM, because i can`t imagine using condom after my wedding to prevent pregnancy,hence, i don`t feel a thing when i use condom.I have always prayed to God for 3 kids and to achieve that,i believe there must be a way out apart from this condom of a thing that will not be harmful for her womb.Sory to bother you again.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by faithful1: 4:59pm On Jan 31, 2009
Hi doc, thanks for all ur advice to the house, its quite useful and helpful. PLS. i need ur advice on what next to do. I have been trying to get pregnant for amost 4 years now not to no avail. I have done HSG twice and it was discovered that I had a block tube which Gyn said has opened, yet i have not. taken in. pls. what do u advice I do. age is also no longer on my side.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 10:14am On Feb 01, 2009
Doc,

My wife is 27 weeks since LMP and I want to find out if nipple stimulation can induce labour. I want to also find out if orgasm is ok. I am becoming very careful with her and I want the best for her as she is approaching full term. What meals will u suggest for her too. I know fruits and vegetables are good but I will want your professional advice.

Regards and many thanks doc.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:23am On Feb 02, 2009
@venuss
Do you know which hormone was low?

@9hmo
If you are trying to start a family soon after the wedding, I don't suggest the pill. If you are putting off starting a family, the pill is great.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:28am On Feb 02, 2009
@faithful1

I would suggest you ask your doctor to test you for chlamydia antibody. If the result is positive, I would suggest you consider ivf (invitro). Chlamydia destroys the inner structure of the tube so even if it is open, it doesn't function properly.

@go4gold
She is on prenatal vitamins and eating well. That is fine. As for sex, orgasms are fine but I would avoid nipple stimulation. The further along the pregnancy is, the more sensitive the uterus is to oxytocin.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by VENUSS(f): 6:12pm On Feb 02, 2009
thanks, its one of progesterone or estrogen
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2009
Please i start my period on 28th of jan up till now it still coming small small and av notice this sign since last month

* Vomiting
* Always tired
* Too much of eating
* sweating from inside

and av done PT test 2times is saying is showing one line can i go and do the blood test
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2009
Hi Doc Kathy,

How's life with you? Am cool.

Am in my 30th week now and a nurse friend asked me to tell my doc not to allow me to fall into labour when am due and that  I should rather opt for CS so that the fibroids can be removed at the same time.

Now my question is,  the fibroids are quite big;  will it be safe to remove them by that method?
Also, the doctor I've been seeing initially advised me against surgical removal of  the fibroid (saying conception chances are 50-50 afterwards) and urged me to go and get pregnant and that God willing he would manage it, this he has successfully done these past 30 weeks. Won't I be twisting his arms or teaching him his job if I bring up the suggestion? Now, friend, what's  your take on this pls? Thanks a bunch.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by loretta(f): 4:10pm On Feb 04, 2009
I saw my Period on the 24th Nov. and ended on 28th Nov. Then in December I find out am Pregnant. Is it possible for me to be pregnant in November or early december. Pls I want know exactly when if possible. I did scan in January 13 and it was reveal that it was 6wks and Iday. So am really confused.

Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itiade(f): 1:27pm On Feb 05, 2009
Hi Doc,
How is your work?
Thank you everything.
Remember me?
I saw a few drops of blood on Saturday and it lasted till yesterday
It was so little that I wouldn’t conclude that I had my period.
My breasts and nipple have been paining me since last week
I went for a pelvic examination on Tuesday.
The doc confirmed the following:
• my ovaries are fine
• POD is free
• I have a retroverted uterus which is due to physiological proliferation
• No cyces
• No fibroid
• The size is normal
• And that there is a thickening in the uterus.
He couldn’t ascertain what it was.
He asked if I had or was going to see my period

My Doc was not patient enough to explain what it meant to me.
I really need someone to talk to.
Perhaps we could have a private chat on my yahoo pls

I would fix an appointment with you so as to discuss .

I really need your assistance
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uteh: 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2009
Hi titilaelae, I have been following your post on this forum. Congrats so far on your pregnancy, God will grant you safe delivery, I also pray you will deliver like the Hebrew women. Please I also have a fairly large fibroid (subscerous) and am trying to get pregnant. Please can you share your experience,also you appear to have a very confident doctor, can you tell me the name of the hospital. I am in Lagos, thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 08, 2009
Doctor,pls is it right or wrong to mastubate.or what is the effects of mastubation. sad[email][/email]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2009
Doctor,pls is it right or wrong to mastubate.or what is the effects of mastubation. t_ezekiel73@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by titilaelae(f): 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2009
uteh:

Hi titilaelae, I have been following your post on this forum. Congrats so far on your pregnancy, God will grant you safe delivery, I also pray you will deliver like the Hebrew women. Please I also have a fairly large fibroid (subscerous) and am trying to get pregnant. Please can you share your experience,also you appear to have a very confident doctor, can you tell me the name of the hospital. I am in Lagos, thanks.

Thanks Uteh,
I will mail you shortly. U can check ur box in a few hours.
It's well with u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.