Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (879775 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by osazeet(m): 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2008
@ doc,
My sister just confided in me that she thus experience irregular periods, Doc what can she do to make it normal or regular?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by slimfine(f): 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2008
Hi Doc,

I have been following your replies and am very impressed and God bless you.

Doc the last time my period came it was very dark and very clusttered. prior to this, my period was very normal so I really do
not understand the sudden change. I am 5.6 and weigh about 137lbs. also I have been sexually active but just recently stopped about a month ago
so am I okay?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2008
Doc, welcome back! We really missed you!

Thx for your wonderful responses so far! Her pregnancy is developing very well without much issues but currently, she is having some boils around the pubic areas. Is it caused by the pregnancy as it doesn't happen before and is there anything that can be done to solve it. I believe anibiotics are NOT allowed.

Many thx doc
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:38am On Dec 17, 2008
@bluntpis

Stop pressing the nipple. The discharge you see when you press the nipple is a natural lubricant to stop the nipple from drying out however repeated stimulation can lead to milk production

@titilaelae
I agree with you increasing your water intake. As long as you have no other symptoms, no worriessmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:40am On Dec 17, 2008
@chief S

Congrats! In general, I would only advise three c/sections. She should wait at least a year between the pregnancies and I would highly recommend an IUD. Good luck.

@osazeet

Does she have a period every month?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 2:43am On Dec 17, 2008
@slimfine

Sounds like you had an anovulatory cycle. This means you didn't menstruate this month. Don't worry and let's see what happens the next month. Your sexual activity shouldn't have any effect but if you are concerned you may want to take a pregnancy test

@go4gold

Does your wife shave her pubic area?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 8:26am On Dec 17, 2008
Hi doc,

yeah, she shaves it. Is shaving the cause or can pregnancy cause that?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Flowers: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2008
@ Doc

Hello Doc kindly assist me, I saw my period on the 19th of October and till date it hasn't shown again. Subsequently I have irregular period. I experienced all the systoms I feel before my monthly flow starts last month but it still didn't show up. Some of the symptoms were pain in the thighs, waist pain, pimples and hard nipples. I have done pregnancy test it shows negative but my nipples are still hard and painful.
Am confused. Help!!!!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2008
doctor
i had sex during my period which is on 4th of this month dec through out my period i had sex is there any chance of me getting pregnat.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by osazeet(m): 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2008
@osazeet

Does she have a period every month?
[/color][color=#990000][color=Black][/color]

Doc,
Her menstrual period comes not every month, like she may experience it this month and seize in another. She had a mis-carriage in the past. what can she do to ensure regular menstrual cycle?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by slimfine(f): 6:09am On Dec 19, 2008
thanks doc,

I will let you know ho it goes
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Flowers: 8:00am On Dec 19, 2008
@ Doc

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee am waiting for your response.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Adbabe(f): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2008
Hi Doctor Kirthy i appreciate the way u make out time to help people freeof charge.God will bless and reward u.

Please Dr,i had my baby through C section on the 27th Jan.2008 and me and my hubby have decided that we will wait till our baby is 2+ before i get pregnant again.I have met my doctor who explained all the methods of family planning to me and the onlt one i fell like using is the IUC ie insertion method,but i,m scared of the side effect and secondly this is my first baby and i will not want to have problems when i decide to take in again.

My hubby does not like using condom and i have stopped breast feeding my baby.
Please Dr,reply cos i dont want to do andy D$C.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Adbabe(f): 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2008
Agian Doctor iw ant to know if th insertion of IUD is painful and hw easy it will be since i did not give birth through my virgina
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Flakybaby(f): 11:10pm On Dec 19, 2008
Thank u Doctor Kathy, may God continue 2 bless u,
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:13am On Dec 20, 2008
@go4 gold

I think it has to do with the shaving. Don't worry but tell her not to try to press it

@flowers
Welcome to the thread. Unfortunately, I am not here everyday but I do try to reply as quickly as I can. In the future, please bear this in mind before putting up follow up posts.

How much do you weigh?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:16am On Dec 20, 2008
@wunmi
It depends. How many days are in between your periods?

@osazeet
She needs to see her gyn so they can run some tests on her hormones e.g. thyroid. She should also keep a calendar where she plots the first day of her period so we know what her cycle length is.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:19am On Dec 20, 2008
@slimline

Always welcome

@adbabe
The IUC is a great form of contraception and will not affect your ability to get pregnant after removal. Insertion is not painful. It helps to have it placed when you are having a period as the cervix is soft and you have additional reassurance that you are not pregnant. You will have some cramps. You can take some ibuprofen before the insertion. Be prepared for irregular spotting for 3-6 months after the insertion.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:20am On Dec 20, 2008
@flakybaby

Thanx for the kudos
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by f4flakes(f): 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2008
Hi kathy,

I am 14wks pregnant and i started having this pain on my right side. It's practically on my pelvic bone and makes walking difficult. What do you think? I had a miscarriage back in june vat 10 wks so every little pain makes me paranoid. Thanks for your time.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by JJYOU: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2008
f4flakes:

Hi kathy,

I am 14wks pregnant and i started having this pain on my right side. It's practically on my pelvic bone and makes walking difficult. What do you think? I had a miscarriage back in june vat 10 wks so every little pain makes me paranoid. Thanks for your time.
may God see you through this one in Jesus name
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:40pm On Dec 21, 2008
@f4flakes
first of all, congratulations. Have you had an ultrasound during this pregnancy?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Flowers: 7:33am On Dec 22, 2008
@ Doc

Thanks for your response, I have finally seen my period. I weigh 58kg.
What do I do to stop the irregular flow?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Adbabe(f): 9:39am On Dec 22, 2008
Doc,Thank u very much.May God Almighty bless u.I will see my Doctor when i,m in my Next mensural circle.i will keep u posted
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2008
thanks for replying me,
but i don't understand my period is 5days and it start on 4th and on the 3rd i had sex and on 7,8,and 9th of d same month.
plssssssssssssssss am in need of your reply
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by darellone: 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2008
Hello Doc,

I have been having a love making challlenges with my wife and im getting Pissed. She tells me that she doesnt enjoy/fansy sex. What drugs can she take to make her request for lovemaking everyday?, Please help to save my marriage.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by f4flakes(f): 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2008
Hi Kathy,

Yes i had a scan at 10 wks and everything was fine. My doc thinks it is either growing pains or my fibroids causing the pain. (he told me i had some mass of fibroid but the measurements are apparently very small)

The pain is gone now again except my tail bone which hurts from time to time.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 24, 2008
Hi Doctor,
I have acid reflux. Do you know the best medicine i should take for it?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2008
@flowers
One of the easiest ways to regulate the menstrual cycles is to go on the pill.

@adbabe
Good luck. Please let me know
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2008
@darellone

Your first problem is the way you phrased this question. You assume that there is something wrong with your wife necessitating medication. Have you listened to your wife? Is she moist when you have sex? What gets her in the mood? Can you tell if she is in the mood? If not, you have to work on arousing your wife rather than acting like she is defective or sick and needs medication. I honestly hope you haven't communicated this feeling to her. If so, you will have an uphill task regaining her confidence and trust.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2008
@f4flakes
growing pains my dearsmiley The tail bone pain gets better then worse as the pregnancy continues. Good luck and please keep me posted
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2008
@bigmodo
There are several over the counter medications that you can use but it is important to see your internist as chronic reflux can cause a serious medical condition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.