Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877642 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KarmaMod(f): 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2008
kathyekiti:

@darellone

Your first problem is the way you phrased this question.  You assume that there is something wrong with your wife necessitating medication.  Have you listened to your wife?  Is she moist when you have sex?  What gets her in the mood?  Can you tell if she is in the mood?  If not, you have to work on arousing your wife rather than acting like she is defective or sick and needs medication. I honestly hope you haven't communicated this feeling to her.  If so, you will have an uphill task regaining her confidence and trust.  

Thanks for telling him like it is, kathy.  It's never "maybe Im(the husband) not doing something right, always "she's the one with the problem, she's sick"
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:55pm On Dec 27, 2008
@oluwawunmi
I mean what was the first day of your period in november?  This will allow me to calculate the length of your cycles, not the amount of days that you bleed for.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by naijaking1: 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2008
bigmodo:

Hi Doctor,
I have acid reflux. Do you know the best medicine i should take for it?

You need to give more information about your symptoms, unless you have already been professionally diagonized with acid reflux. I mean information about your weight, when it happens, what makes it worse/better, and any other medical problems, etc. And, I doubt that acid reflux is an OB/Gyne problem.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by naijaking1: 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2008
Dr. Kathy
Merry christmas to you. There's no better way to give back this time of the year. You're doing an excellent job cheesy
I see you survived the NYC snow of the past week!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:39am On Dec 28, 2008
Thanx for the kudos karmamod but I really just want to help him.

Hey Naijaking, I barely survived. I don't think I will ever get used to the snow which is funny since I have spent most of my life around the dang thingsmiley
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by go4gold107(m): 10:23am On Dec 28, 2008
Hi Doc,

Complements of the season. My 22 wk preggy wife has been complaining seriously of back ache now. The simple solution I have is to massage the back area and advise good posture and lying down on her left side with pillow support to her knees, stomach and back. I need ur professional advise please.

Many thanks as usual.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by muriitijan(m): 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2008
@dr kathyekiti,

More power to your elbow for this great work you and other doctors are doing on this forum .I read many of your responses to nairalanders and I'm optimistic that mine too won't be difficult.My wife did fibroid operation in April (LUTH)according to her the fibroid was outside the uterus and doctor told her that she can conceive after some month.We got married in November.Now she did a pelvic scan last week and discovered she have fibroid in the uterus which is big to the extent a doctor was suggesting hysterectomy.My problems now:
Is it possible to undergo fibroid operation twice without complications?
She is 31 years old,5.10 ft,80kg and no issue- is there any alternative to this surgery so that she can have her own children someday?
I will appreciate your comprehensive response to my predicament as both of us are worried.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2008
@go4gold
lol, you don't need me. Excellent advice. Telling her to watch her posture is most importantsmiley

@muriitijian
I find it very hard to believe that a fibroid has "returned" in such a short period of time. It could be indicative of a more serious condition. In general we don't perform two myomectomies (removal of fibroids) within the same year because they don't return that quickly. I would encourage you to get the former ultrasound ( taken before April) and the most recent ultrasound and go for a second opinion or if you feel comfortable, post it on here for review.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marami: 11:49am On Dec 29, 2008
Dear Karthy

Please below is my cycle from July 2008 to date
July10
Aug 10
sept 5
Oct 8
Nov 4
Dec 1
Dec 27.

I and my hubby agreed getting preg. this month. I started using OPK (Ovulation Prediction Kit) from 12th Dec. to get the exact day when I will be ovulating but there was no positive result so we decided to bed on the 15th of Dec. to my suprise my menses came up on the 27th of this month December. Please i want to know if i still ovulate, if i do how to I pinpoint the day of my ovulation. I am 37 years old and i am believing God for a baby boy.

Please S.O.S.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 9hmo(m): 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2008
I am curious as to how exactly you were using the andrew's liver salt for contraception. Please explain.

Hello doc. As regards to the above question you asked based on my problem,
We use ANDREWS LIVER SALT immediately after sex.
Waiting to hear from you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by 9hmo(m): 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2008
I am curious as to how exactly you were using the andrew's liver salt for contraception. Please explain.

Hello doc. As regards to the above question you asked based on my problem,
She washes the sperm out immediately after sex at bathroom and takes ANDREWS LIVER SALT imediately after washing.
Waiting to hear from you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by izzabett(f): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2008
Hello doctor Kathy! Remember me? I guess I got my ovulation right with your help and God's divine touch. I am six weeks 3 days pregnant. What else do I do to help aleviate morning sickness, when I take Star beer it helps but my husband dosent like it. And I will be glad to listen to care tips from you.

Thanks a lot!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by KarmaMod(f): 4:03am On Jan 02, 2009
Um I dont think you should be drinking beer(alcohol) while pregnant undecided
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by muriitijan(m): 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2009
@kathyekiti
Thank you for your promt reply doc.I told my wife to find out from her doc the true state of the situation.She told me the doc said he did not finish the removal of the fibroid then because she was loosing to much blood.She has been asked to do different tests to ascertain the next step of action which is no doubt another surgery but to see how the fibroid is affecting her kidney.I will appreciate anything you can contribute - medical advice.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2009
[size=20pt]Hi Doctor,
I have severe heartburn. It normally starts whenever i finish eating. Though sometimes, it takes awhile to pound me but not always. Again, i have moles on my arms and chest. Also, i clear my throat anytime i finish eating. The outcome of the throat being cleared is thick mucus. I also clear my throat of thick mucus when i drink water. I also do sneeze the mucus off my nose sometimes. Do you know what is happening to me? Please don't tell me to go a doctor or pharmacist, i've gone and after giving me drugs - i still have the problem. The doctors here are not experienced. If you know what is wrong with me, tell me the name. I also experience stomache in the morning when i wake and sometimes, after eating.[/size]
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Sammiejo: 8:48am On Jan 05, 2009
Doc.
I want to find out, after giving birth vaginally how long is a lady supposed to see blood. in what quantity and how red? In my case I put to bed on the 30th and what I see now is trickles and not so red. Is it ok? As my in laws dont think its ok, also apart from kegels is there any other exercise that can strengthen the pelvic muscles. I am not sure of the kegels and my people are insisting I must sit on boiling water, its not funny. Pls I need your help.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itiade(f): 10:54am On Jan 06, 2009
hi kathyekiti,

My period is irregular, very irregular.
I've been married for 8months now.
I want to get pregnant but I cant pinpoint my ovulation date.
pls help me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itiade(f): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2009
doctors in the house,

Pls give me your own recommendations.
I missed my period for 3months and tested negative (pregnancy)
My doc recommended three drugs
a Tamoxifen
b Dexamethasone
c Primolut N

I am married
My period had always been 33 days
I started the drugs in October 29th to be precise
My period started on the 6th of November and lasted for 4 days

I suspected ovulation on the 17th and had sex during that period.

The next period started on the 10th of December for 5 days
Very normal, I had not had my period for 5 days in almost 2 years.
i had sex for almost two weeks since i couldnt say when i was ovulating.
I need you to advice me.
I want to get pregnant as soon as possible.
I wish to understand the menstraul cycle in general.

How do i know when i am ovulating?

Thanks

One thing stands( I trust in GOD)
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uteh: 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2009
Hi doc, I've been reading your responses where you said ovulation occurs 14 days after the onset of the period. Well,I've been trying to calculate mine and it does not fall on 14 days. For instance my last menses was on the 20th of December and by 27th I started notices the thick discharges and then on the 29th the egg white looking dishcarge came out, which I believe is the sign of ovulation. Mine is always like this every month i.e it does not get to 14 days before I see the egg white looking discharge.

My question is it right to say ovulation can occur earlier than the 14 days? Also the discharge is not always much and it sometimes last only a day or a day and half before I become dry. I was thinking of taking ovulation boosting drugs, but I heard they cause miscarriage. In case you might want to help me calculate the ovulation period properly, here is my menstrual period dates for the past 6 months:
June - 21
July - 16
August - 10
September - 5
October - 1
October - 28
November - 23
December - 20

I really want to get pregnant fast and I need to know if am calcuating it well. Thanks so much
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uteh: 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2009
Hi doc, I've been reading your responses where you said ovulation occurs 14 days after the onset of the period.  Well,I've been trying to calculate mine and it does not fall on 14 days.  For instance my last menses was on the 20th of December and by 27th I started notices the thick discharges and then on the 29th the egg white looking dishcarge came out, which I believe is the sign of ovulation.  Mine is always like this every month i.e it does not get to 14 days before I see the egg white looking discharge.  

My question is it right to say ovulation can occur earlier than the 14 days?  Also the discharge is not always much and it sometimes last only a day or a day and half before I become dry.  I was thinking of taking ovulation boosting drugs, but I heard they cause miscarriage.  In case you might want to help me calculate the ovulation period properly, here is my menstrual period dates for the past 6 months:
June    -         21
July     -         16
August -       10
September - 5
October -     1  
October -     28
November - 23
December - 20

I really want to get pregnant fast and I need to know if am calcuating it well.  Thanks so much
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uteh: 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2009
Hi doc, I've been reading your responses where you said ovulation occurs 14 days after the onset of the period.  Well,I've been trying to calculate mine and it does not fall on 14 days.  For instance my last menses was on the 20th of December and by 27th I started notices the thick discharges and then on the 29th the egg white looking dishcarge came out, which I believe is the sign of ovulation.  Mine is always like this every month i.e it does not get to 14 days before I see the egg white looking discharge.  

My question is it right to say ovulation can occur earlier than the 14 days?  Also the discharge is not always much and it sometimes last only a day or a day and half before I become dry.  I was thinking of taking ovulation boosting drugs, but I heard they cause miscarriage.  In case you might want to help me calculate the ovulation period properly, here is my menstrual period dates for the past 6 months:
June    -         21
July     -         16
August -       10
September - 5
October -     1  
October -     28
November - 23
December - 20

I really want to get pregnant fast and I need to know if am calcuating it well.  Thanks so much
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by lifegal(f): 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2009
HAPPY NEW YEAR DOC.
its been a while how are things going? i know God has been there for you.

just found out am 18 weeks gone i went for scan and was told am 4.1cm wide am preparing to go for cervical cilage what do you think? please advice me.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:18am On Jan 07, 2009
@marami

go to your gyn and get a day 3 FSH. It is a blood test done on the 3rd day of your period. If it is high, it shows that you have low ovarian reserve i.e. few eggs

@9hmo
You guys were just lucky. Andrews liver salt is not a form of birth control
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:21am On Jan 07, 2009
@izzabett
Congratulations!!! However, I am also anti star beer,lol. Try taking vitamin B 6 25 mg twice a day. There are also anti nausea medications that your doctor can prescribe. Please keep me posted

@ muriitijan
My advice remains the same my good friend. Get the scan but also get another gyn. I am not impressed by the one you had. My offer still stands to review the scans
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:24am On Jan 07, 2009
@ lawbreaker
go see your doctor and please modify the large font used in your post.

@Sammiejo
You can bleed for up to 6 months postpartum. Kegels are excellent if done properly and consistently. As for the hot water, it doesn't work at least not in a way that will be beneficial to you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by JJYOU: 12:25am On Jan 07, 2009
kathyekiti:

@marami

go to your gyn and get a day 3 FSH. It is a blood test done on the 3rd day of your period. If it is high, it shows that you have low ovarian reserve i.e. few eggs

@9hmo
pls tell me this is a joke. i think this is a white powder in a sachet for tommy ache or upset or something like that. i have not seen for ages so i may be wrong.  are you saying it is a form of birth cntrol for real?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:34am On Jan 07, 2009
@uteh

I say ovulation occurs 14 days BEFORE the first day of menstruation.  The menstrual cycle is divided into two parts before ovulation (proliferation) and after ovulation (secretory)  The secretory phase is ~14 days for everyone.  The proliferative phase is different for every woman and hence determines the length of the entire cycle

@ itiade
I hope the former response answered some of your questions on the menstrual cycle.  Your doctors are trying to induce ovulation with the tamoxifen

@lifegal
Happy new year.  YES! Get the cerclage but ask them to start giving you weekly injections of 17-hydroxyprogesterone.  Are you in the hospital?  At 4 cm dilated @ 18 wks you better be!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:35am On Jan 07, 2009
@jjyou
You are right about the powder's intended use and I am saying it is NOT a form of birth control
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by JJYOU: 12:37am On Jan 07, 2009
kathyekiti:

@jjyou
You are right about the powder's intended use and I am saying it is NOT a form of birth control
ok tks sorry to divert your attention from more important matters. you are doing a good job. tks and God bless
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by marami: 11:32am On Jan 07, 2009
kathyekiti:

@marami

@9hmo

Thanks, I will give you feed back as soon as i see my gyn.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Wumine(f): 1:31pm On Jan 07, 2009
Doctor Kathy, thank you very much for all your advice, you truly are really God-sent. Please i will really appreciate if you can mail me on xxxxxx so that i can mail you. please, please, please!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2009
hello doctor,
thanks for replying me i saw my period aging on 1st of jan stop on 5th pls am in need of baby when do i av sex that will make me preg and what and what do i need to take to make it stand.

my last period is 4th of november-8th.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.