Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,608 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880010 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jody(f): 9:50am On Apr 14, 2009
ii
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Evangelin: 10:02am On Apr 14, 2009
@ evangelin

Everything looks great. Good luck to you too

Dear Dr. Katty,

Happy Easter celebration! Welcome back. I want to say a big thanks to you for your above response to my question on FSH ect result with blood specimen and to my monthly cycle calendar. I appreciate your great effort. May the Good Lord keep you and strenghten you and your family in Jesus Name, Amen.

I will always keep you posted in any new development.

Thanks once more.

EVY
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Angee4real: 4:25pm On Apr 14, 2009
yes Dr. i do have my period every month but it last for just 2 days and very very scanty and dark. inches all over body including my face, lose so much weight, always notice some white or milk colour discharge from my private part. my laps closer to my parts are getting darker as if i rub bruching creame and so many other things.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by uteh: 9:20am On Apr 15, 2009
Hi doctor,

Please I have a problem that is a bit confusing. I went for scan to check the fibroid I have and it was discovered that along with the fibroid, there is also a foetus i.e am pregnant - about 2 months. The problem is, am still menstruating, normal five days and I have also ovulated for this month. My last menses was on the 31st of March it ended on 4th of April and I saw the ovulation signs from 10 - 13th.

Please doctor I want to know, can one be pregnant and still be menstruating. Thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by sparta(f): 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2009
Ok doc, what can be used for a cut around the vigina area?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chioma24: 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2009
DEAR DOCTOR@ HAVE U HEARD ABOUT FIBROIDCLEAR? BY

Amina Christy
Master Herbalist
Medical Researcher

http://www.fibroidclear.com/
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by wakagirl: 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2009
@Dr Katty

Wao! that's a hard nut to crack. He will be staying for about 3 weeks definitely not more than that. Well, fingers crossed. Thanks so much for taking your time to respond, bless you.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ammamat(f): 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2009
For months have been in this forum , this is my first time to come across this place,
Thanks madam for the great work,

Plz have a problem, my mc is abnormal, scanty like a day or 2 then even at that it won't flow, it has been like that for months, have been going to hospital, did some test and nothing was found,,,,,,,,,,,, and i was ask to go for scann which i did still nothing is been found, thought i could remeber i tokk plenty of Anti boitics when i had accident.
Please could that be the caour i still don't know pls as am scared of been barren in future.
Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mashkov: 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2009
To Docs in the house.

I have been married for like a year now and my wife is yet to get pregnant. On going for some tests recommended by doctors, the revelation came that one of the fallopian tubes is completely blocked while one is also partially blocked as well. They recommended we do "flushing" to clear the way.

Please advise on what to do and if possible, refer us to a competent gynaecologist that can perform the procedure. We are based in Lagos.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by emilyone(f): 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2009
apparently Doc has gone for hols! tongue
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by itiade(f): 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2009
@Marksov,

How did you get to know that the tubes are blocked.
pls be very careful, some docs are out to make cool money.

I know a lady who was a victim of this flushing thing and today has two holes in her womb.

Pls get the best doc in town, its worth it.

I know a few but wouldnt want to market their stuffs.

Rmbr, you have to trust God for divine help.

I wish you the best.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Mashkov: 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2009
Thanks Itiade,

An HSG procedure was done and the images revleaved this anomaly clearly but the problem is moving to the next level which is flushing. I am quite skeptical hence the need to get a good referral to a competent medical professional.

Thanks for your concern and advice.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:55pm On Apr 17, 2009
@go for gold

Annular pancreas means the pancreas is ring shaped. The fact that the baby had polyhydramnios and the "double bubble" sign all pointed to obstruction. We just have to watch and see how things go. As for your wife's stomach, the uterus is still at the level of the belly button. The itching occurs as the wound is healing. Tell her to keep lotion and powders away from the wound. All in all, everything seems to be going great!

@ jody
High prolactin can stop you from getting pregnant. The medication you are on is to lower the level so you can start ovulating again
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:57pm On Apr 17, 2009
@ evangelin
you are welcome

@ angee4real
Could you repost your question/s? I am having a hard time following what you are asking me advise for.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 11:58pm On Apr 17, 2009
@ uteh

congratulations! However, bleeding during pregnancy is never normal. You need to ask them to draw a progesterone level and if this is low, you may need some supplementation

@ sparta
As long as it is uninfected, it will heal without assistance. The vagina heals very well
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:00am On Apr 18, 2009
@ chioma 24
No i have not.

@ wakagirl
good luck!
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:05am On Apr 18, 2009
@ammamat

Do you get a period every month?

@ mashkov

unfortunately, I don't any gynecologist in lagos. The idea to opening up the tubes is very controversial because in some cases, the tube is closed because it is damaged. If you can afford it, I would suggest going straight to IVF to bypass the tubes.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:07am On Apr 18, 2009
@emilyone

Please don't take up space on this forum if you are not contributing to the posts or posting a problem you have. If you checked you would see that I was last on here 4/11/09 and I don't check in on a daily basis. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gabbyolax: 1:57am On Apr 18, 2009
Dr kathy thanks for all your help.Posted a request earlier that i feel was quite vague.But here is the SFA and HSG result for me and my wife and looking forward to your advise.

FOR MYSELF:

SFA result indicates:

Mode of collection:Masturbation
Period of abstinence:1 day
Appearance:Straw
Viscosity:Moderately viscous
Volume:1.8ml x 10.6m/l
Total Sperm count:1.2 million x 10/ml

Active Spermatozoa:30%
Sluggish Spermatozoa:20%
Dead Spermatozoa:50%
Mean progressive motility:50%
Non motility:50%

Morphology:40% normal and 60% abnormal

Culture:yielded few growth of staph spp 48hrs of incubation

Miscroscopy:

PUS Cells:3-4hpf
WBC:Nil
PH:8
RBC:NiL
Epithelial +
Yeast Cells:Nil

1 2 3

s=sensitive drug r=resistant isolates
amoxycillin +++
ampiclox +++
ciprofloxacin +++
erythromycin +++
septrin ++
pefloxacin ++
gentamycin +++
streptomycin +++
rocephin ++

IMMUNOASSAY REPORTS

PROLACTIN 11ng/ml M7-18
luitenizing hormone 10ng/ml 4.0-20
FSH 14ng/ml
Testoterone 4 ng/ml M3-10

pls what are the implication of these and what drugs or step do you advise i take
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gabbyolax: 2:14am On Apr 18, 2009
IMMUNOASSAY REPORT FOR WIFE

PROLACTIN: 11 ng/ml                                       FEMALE 6-24
PROGESTERONE:5 ng/ml                                5.0-36
LUITENIZING HORMONE:9 ng/ml                 4.0-20.0
FSH:12 ng/ml                                                       4.0-20.0
OESTRADIOL:45 ng/ml                                      50-150

COMMENTS ON THESE:Progesterone rather low,suggestive of short luteal phase.Low oestrogen

Then for the pelvic scan she had,everything was normal but for mild collection of fluid in her POD which we were told was an indication of PID.
Also it was indicated no follicular cyst on both ad.

HVS:
Appearance :Wet Swab
Pus Cells:1-2hpf
Epithelial Cells:++
Culture:yielded no significant bacterial growth after 48hrs of incubation

URINE MCS:

xyz:negative
vdrl:non reactive

Appearance:Amber and Clear
Pus Cells:2-3hpf
Epithelial Cells:+
Culture:yielded no significant bacterial growth after 48hrs of incubation

Suffice to state that we have never had an issue since we got married for over a year now.
Also her menses is always short(2-3 days) and her flow is always in small quantity and kinda dirty.

Looking forward to your sincere advice and thanks in advance.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ant01: 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2009
Hi Doc,

Thanks for the response.
An appointment has been booked for to have the stitch done in less than 2 weeks, by then give or take 12 weeks ( less 2 days).
The doc said he will put a stitch at the top of the cervix and at the bottom of the cervix, therefore there will be mucus in the middle,
is this how it is normally done?

Also he still refuses to give antibiotics even when the last preganncy was lost due to ascending acute infection( at 22 weeks his argument is that the stitch was put in too late at 17 weeks when the cervix was already 4cm dilated hence infection had already entered) but this time round the stitch will be put in time, but i dont know what the harm is of giving a safe antibiotics like erythomizne ( something like that) just to prevent infection from developing as a result of a foreign body in the cervix or becasue of instruments useed for the procedure,

is he right about the infection and the proposed type of cervical stitch?

Thanks a mil
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ammamat(f): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2009
@ kathyekiti, yes i do see my period every month, but the only chanllenge am having now is been scanty and for the space of just 2 days highest 3 days.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Gochu: 11:05am On Apr 20, 2009
Doctor In Cancer/Chemotherapy Needed Urgently (asap):

Hi Dr Katty, plz i do need the services of a proficient doctor in cancer & chemotherapy (am not too medical inclined/enlightened) , A friend is coming into the country soon, & hoping to stay for a while, so she needs a doctor here in 9ja to take over her treatment from the doctors already doing her therapy in the UK , Shes coming in 1st week of May & needs to secure the services of this doctor, so her own doctors can pass her files over to him/her , would be glad if you can get me a name or hospital contact soonest cos am also presently not in the country , Thanks for your considerations in anticipation , my mail is iczeluv@yahoo.com ,
Gochu .
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jody(f): 12:11pm On Apr 20, 2009
@Jody
High prolactin can stop you from getting pregnant. The medication you are on is to lower the level so you can start ovulating again.

@Katty,

Hope this can be corrected. The drug am taking i was asked to take it for a month hope that will be ok so that i can start ovulating. is there any other thing or drugs i can get or add to assist in correcting this. i have noticed that the milkish susbtance does not come out of my breast again . hope this is a postive sign? how long do i need to wait before i can start ovaluting again i.e after taking the drugs. i would be finishing the drugs by 5th May, 2009.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ilovekezi: 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2009
i need to get pregnant but i havent seen my period in three months i have gone for test ,scan and no pregnancy please someone advice me
i have gone to doctor n he doesnt seem to see anything wrong with me and i need this baby badly as i hav just gotten married my husband is tested ok,how ever some months back i washed my private part with alum as dey said it tightens please advise me could dat be the cause?where and what can i do?am i ovulating?people said i could still get pregnant without my menstral cycle.how true is it please advice
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ilovekezi: 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2009
i need to get pregnant but i havent seen my period in three months i have gone for test ,scan and no pregnancy please someone advice me
i have gone to doctor n he doesnt seem to see anything wrong with me and i need this baby badly as i hav just gotten married my husband is tested ok,how ever some months back i washed my private part with alum as dey said it tightens please advise me could dat be the cause?where and what can i do?am i ovulating?people said i could still get pregnant without my menstral cycle.how true is it please advice
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by oluwawunmi(f): 9:18am On Apr 21, 2009
hello doctor,

pls my peroid is doing somehow last week it came in a blackish way for 3days now av seen it again is the pain is just too much for my doctor said i should go for scan that is obvious am pregant

pls i need your urgent reply plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Jansop: 10:47am On Apr 21, 2009
Hello doctor

i would be glad if you can offer some advise and help

i think i am pregnant, i have been planning this, i feel movements around my left side abdomen

though its not my period time yet (the first sign i guess)

but i kinda feel this sensation every month, what can this be,i really want to get preganant
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:30am On Apr 22, 2009
@gabbyolax
Sorry you felt my inital response was vague. I can't diagnose without information. Once again, staph is not always an infection that needs to be treated. When we look at the hormone levels, it is important to know what day of the menstrual cycle the blood was drawn. Does your wife remember? Please let me know. I have reviewed your SA and it seems from these numbers like you have a low sperm count. The average sperm count is 60 million/ml while yours is 1.2 million. Also, they don't seem to move because you have 30% motility while normal should be 60%. This being said, this is just one analysis and things can change. I would advise boxers over briefs and taking multivitamins. Stay away from alcohol and if you are a smoker, try to stop. If you get me the info on the cycle day, I will be able to further help you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:35am On Apr 22, 2009
@ant 01
I agree with the doctor not giving antibiotics. It is a myth that they are a cure all. They can actually cause major problems and should only be used as needed. I am assuming he is putting in two cerclages, not standard but also not unheard of. Talk to them about the 17 hydroxyprogesterone.

@ammamat
It is reassuring that you get your period every month. If you like, you can see your doctor to check your hormone levels to see if you are ovulating. There is also a lab test done on the third day of your cycle called an FSH level that lets you know the state of your eggs
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:37am On Apr 22, 2009
@gochu
Wish I could help but I am based in the us. good luck.

@jody
Its hard to tell. The good news is that your prolactin level wasn't very high to begin with. Keep in touch
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 4:41am On Apr 22, 2009
@ilovekezi
Breathe friend. The alum is not the issue. You need to ask your doctor for clomid to induce ovulation. You will be told when to have intercourse with your husband. It sounds like you are anovulatory i.e. not releasing an egg
P.S. PLEASE DON'T DO THE ALUM THING AGAIN

@oluwawunmi

Relax friend. Go get the scan and let's see what it shows. Let me know. I try to check the post more frequently this week in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.