Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (880371 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tolly19(f): 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
doctor pls help, am 19, my period just ended 3 days ago and now for the past 2 days i have being having a very sharp pain at the left side of my abdomen, it hurts more when i bend down, stand up or sit down. pls what is the cause , am very worried
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by AT1: 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
Hello doctors. I am 29 years-old. I had intimacy on 30 of January. 3 days later(Feb 2), I had my menses. Since then, I've not seen my period. My question is could I be pregnant? Because its over 2 months since my last menses. Thank you as I await ur response
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 5:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
jumlan: Thanks Doc.4 ur reply I took d test on d 12th of this month,my period came on d 12th of Feb and I took d test on d 12th of March and I saw my period on d 13th of March also,which means its after 29th days.
This means that you have nothing to worry about from the test.

tolly19: doctor pls help, am 19, my period just ended 3 days ago and now for the past 2 days i have being having a very sharp pain at the left side of my abdomen, it hurts more when i bend down, stand up or sit down. pls what is the cause , am very worried
If this pain persists pls see your doctor.It is not normal.

A.T:
Hello doctors. I am 29 years-old. I had intimacy on 30 of January. 3 days later(Feb 2), I had my menses. Since then, I've not seen my period. My question is could I be pregnant? Because its over 2 months since my last menses. Thank you as I await ur response

You can not be pregnant if you had intimacy b4 ur menses.Well,you have not seen your menses b'cos you possibly have hormonal imbalance to say the least.Go for a test for proper diagnosis.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
Good evening, pls can I take the mucinex and folic acid together? Pls does the PID relates to the staph I was diagnose? Pls reply sir..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Abaniwol(f): 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
pls doc.my period jst became irregular 4rm last yr june,wh wz neva like dat b4,evrytin wz normal.bt since den i started getting 1mnth interval,i did a scan wh showed normal.january dis yr it came 4 lasted 4 almost 2wks,d doc.gave me primolut N 2 stop d bleeding,after 2wks wh wz 13th feb i had it 4 5days nd it stop nd i hv nt seen it 4 march.And my vaginal discharge is whitish but nt smelling.pls tell me wat 2 do.tnx.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by scampy(m): 6:38am On Mar 18, 2013
Gudmornin Doc, i av dis little little boil like at d centre of my head. It has bin dere 4 lyk 2 months now. Sometimes it wil dry up 4 lyk 2wks b4 reappearin afta usin Ampiclox or Ampicilin. Pls wich drug can i use 2 tackle dis pores. Thnx in anticipatn.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2013
Your doctor placed on parlodel to balance your hormones.Your hormones are not balanced and from what I read of your results,follicle formation is an issue.I will advice you use natural supplements and natural good foods that consists of vegies and fruits.I do not know how old you are but you can look in th ttc thread to read up some of the foods that you can eat.
But for now now natural supplements will do.

Please what are the natural supplements and natural good foods that consists of vegies and fruits. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Wizemmanuel(m): 11:09am On Mar 18, 2013
Hello,doc what causes stretchmarks on women.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
Good evening Doc, pls Doc I went to scan and this is the result::::::
1) An empty uterus that is antervented in position...
2) The endomentrial stripe is normal...
3) Both ovaries are demonstrated and appear normal..
4) Free cul de sac...
Pls doctor what does that mean? Is it preventing me from getting pregnant? The last time I went to scan, PID and POD was written in d impression space, but now nothing like that was found, what does it mean, pls reply.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hello Dr, please what are the natural supplements and natural good foods that consists of vegies and fruits that will balance my follicle. Also for Iow sperm count.Where can i get the drugs, am in lagos. I will be 34 by july. Cheers
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
Goldenbaby: Good evening, pls can I take the mucinex and folic acid together? Pls does the PID relates to the staph I was diagnose? Pls reply sir..
Yes u can take both together.
Yes they are related in some ways as infections such as staph not properly treated in the course of time advances into PID.Both to a large extent have same terminal consequences.

Abaniwol: pls doc.my period jst became irregular 4rm last yr june,wh wz neva like dat b4,evrytin wz normal.bt since den i started getting 1mnth interval,i did a scan wh showed normal.january dis yr it came 4 lasted 4 almost 2wks,d doc.gave me primolut N 2 stop d bleeding,after 2wks wh wz 13th feb i had it 4 5days nd it stop nd i hv nt seen it 4 march.And my vaginal discharge is whitish but nt smelling.pls tell me wat 2 do.tnx.

Did you have painful menstrual flow the last time you saw ur period?But most likely you have hormonal imbalance for the period seizures.How old are you and are you still experiencing the discharge.You could tell me a little more that can help us to address this issue.

Wiz emmanuel: Hello,doc what causes stretchmarks on women.
Rapid weight gain or loss
spontaneous growth such as the ones experienced by young adolescents
Skin issues such as dry or britle skin, pregnancy just to name a few.

Goldenbaby: Good evening Doc, pls Doc I went to scan and this is the result::::::
1) An empty uterus that is antervented in position...
2) The endomentrial stripe is normal...
3) Both ovaries are demonstrated and appear normal..
4) Free cul de sac...
Pls doctor what does that mean? Is it preventing me from getting pregnant? The last time I went to scan, PID and POD was written in d impression space, but now nothing like that was found, what does it mean, pls reply.

From what I see, those areas are ok.Have you done hormonal assay? Make sure you eat fertility boosting foods to also improve your chances.

Mar July: Hello Dr, please what are the natural supplements and natural good foods that consists of vegies and fruits that will balance my follicle. Also for Iow sperm count.Where can i get the drugs, am in lagos. I will be 34 by july. Cheers

You are still young and good to go at 34.

Well fish, nuts, olive oil and avocados,oranges and vegetables,sweet potatoes, oatmeal, whole wheat bread,brown rice,pasta
foods rich in vitamin B-6, such as avocado, spinach, broccoli, beans and potatoes will help to improve normal mentrual cycles and helps your ovaries to release eggs.

We can provide you with supplements (delivered at your home) that can help balance your hormones and follicle quality also with sperm related issues.Just mail me myhealthchoices3(at)gmail(dot)com

Nevertheless,beans,avocadoes,tigernuts,fresh vegetables such as ugwu is solid to boost sperm count.No red meat please fish like sardines is great.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 9:24am On Mar 20, 2013
Pls Doc,what do u mean by hormonal assay? And which food will I be eatin?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Abaniwol(f): 12:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
thank u doc 4 ur response.i had a painful period on d first day alone.iam 23yrs old nd i stil hv d discharge.pls wat cn jst cause d hormonal imbalance suddenly.though iam sexual active d last tym i had sex wh wz last yr march i tok postinol 2,bt i my period wz stil normal,so wat would hv cause al dis change,pls reply me pls cos am getting scared.tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Lokiz: 12:11am On Mar 21, 2013
Lokiz: hi doc! may The good God bless u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
infogenius:
Yes u can take both together.
Yes they are related in some ways as infections such as staph not properly treated in the course of time advances into PID.Both to a large extent have same terminal consequences.

Did you have painful menstrual flow the last time you saw ur period?But most likely you have hormonal imbalance for the period seizures.How old are you and are you still experiencing the discharge.You could tell me a little more that can help us to address this issue.

Rapid weight gain or loss
spontaneous growth such as the ones experienced by young adolescents
Skin issues such as dry or britle skin, pregnancy just to name a few.

From what I see, those areas are ok.Have you done hormonal assay? Make sure you eat fertility boosting foods to also improve your chances.

You are still young and good to go at 34.

Well fish, nuts, olive oil and avocados,oranges and vegetables,sweet potatoes, oatmeal, whole wheat bread,brown rice,pasta
foods rich in vitamin B-6, such as avocado, spinach, broccoli, beans and potatoes will help to improve normal mentrual cycles and helps your ovaries to release eggs.

We can provide you with supplements (delivered at your home) that can help balance your hormones and follicle quality also with sperm related issues.Just mail me @ myhealthchoices3@gmail.com

Nevertheless,beans,avocadoes,tigernuts,fresh vegetables such as ugwu is solid to boost sperm count.No red meat please fish like sardines is great.

Thanks, i ll send you a mail later today. Meanwhile, what is tigernuts & ugwu. Is snail ok.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
Goldenbaby: Pls Doc,what do u mean by hormonal assay? And which food will I be eatin?
Hormonal test.For the foods I am recommending this thread for you and it is will help you greatly https://www.nairaland.com/920221/weight-loss-gain-ladies-trying .Foods that will help you tremendously and its preparation has been trashed there.

Abaniwol: thank u doc 4 ur response.i had a painful period on d first day alone.iam 23yrs old nd i stil hv d discharge.pls wat cn jst cause d hormonal imbalance suddenly.though iam sexual active d last tym i had sex wh wz last yr march i tok postinol 2,bt i my period wz stil normal,so wat would hv cause al dis change,pls reply me pls cos am getting scared.tnx

You can work to improve your hormonal balance by reading the above thread too.But for that discharge,I will advice you quickly see a doctor so that the discharge will immediately be gotten rid off as not treating early may be dangerous in the long run.

Mar July:

Thanks, i ll send you a mail later today. Meanwhile, what is tigernuts & ugwu. Is snail ok.

Tigernuts - these small nuts that we ate as kids called aya,ofio or aki hausa(so called by the Ibos)
Ugwu leaf - is popular type of vegetable found in our local markets

Yes snails are good especially the large ones.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Abaniwol(f): 8:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
pls doc.wat r d foods 2 balance it nd wat caused d imbalance.and hw long wil it tak 4 it 2b balance.also is dia any drug dat cn b taken 2 balance it?tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Amakamax(f): 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
Good evening Dr Kathy
Pls i nid ur help. I'm 13wks preg. I strted spotting on 17th of this month. D following day, i went see a Dr who askd me to go for an ultrasound. D result showed dt i have a bligted ovum, dt my baby stopped growing @ 8wks. On the 20th, i strtd experiencing very srz cramps and ws rushed to the hospital where i passed out a heavy lump of blood. Yesterday morning(21st) a D&C ws carried out. N now i dnt feel any pain or bleeding. Pls i wnt to kn wen i can strt anoda TTC? My husband and I are so desperate for anoda baby. Pls
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by bjhere2009(m): 5:46am On Mar 23, 2013
hello doctor,
I don't know if I got this right but I like following your advice.lam male 41yrs and have been married for over a year to my girl friend of 7yrs. we tried to have a baby but no luck.fertility text shows my sperm count to be 4.5M and wife ovulates but her eggs doesn't hatch.
funny thing is that she always takes inn while we were still dating.
what do I do to improve my sperm count and any help for my wife? all text shows she is okay but have ovulation problem as her eggs to release.
please help us.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2013
Good afternoon Doc, pls I really know when am ovulating cos I normally have slight pain on my left lower abdomen,but I don't normally see egg white mucus that is stretchy.d last time I saw it was august last year,bt now I only see mucus that looks like cream lotion,pls wat will I do.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Wizemmanuel(m): 1:46am On Mar 25, 2013
What is vaginismus.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Wantintin: 5:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
Docs, Thanks for the good job you are doing on this forum, God will bless you all. I am new here. Pls kindly explain this hormonal profile result:
FSH 6.1miu/ml Ref. Value 1-9
LH 1.68mu/ml 1.68-15.0
PRL 31.8ng/ml 3.8-23.2
PROG 6.4nmol/l 6.4-79.5

Pls help, would be very grateful.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Ejisz: 11:12am On Mar 27, 2013
please am in a state of delima. I Were Intimate with my boo, we
had protections(condom) but it broke. She was ovulatin at that
time so i urged her to get postinor 2 for safety purpose. The
stress now is that, after a long time for a month plus, she has
been ovulatin normally but having painfuk menstrual flow(pains
started after she took the postinor2).. She has had her monthly
flow even after she took the drugs.. But lately, she has been
complaining of low abdominal pains at the left part of her tommy..
She is still experincing ovulation and painfuk menstrual flow...she
has done several pregnancy tests with negative results.. Postinor
has side effects and am suspecting she is experiencin ectopic
pregnancy..please is there any herbs or drugs she can take to
make things better? Although i have no prove..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jidebobo: 12:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
Hi DR, I had my 1st child 4yrs ago through cs. I & my hubby has been trying to have another baby no way. What can I do?

my menstrual flow last at most two days,not even up to 24hrs and its very light,it flows and stops and continues again during one period,for eg,i start my period yesterday,no flow today at al,tomorrow the light flow continues again,doctors in the house,is this normal?am 37 years,and it has always been like this.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by timiege(f): 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
Good day doc,pls what is the effect of milk\water coming out of ones breast when you are not pregnant or breast feeding,the dr recommend parlodel still no change.what drugs sld one take.thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 7:04am On Mar 28, 2013
Abaniwol: pls doc.wat r d foods 2 balance it nd wat caused d imbalance.and hw long wil it tak 4 it 2b balance.also is dia any drug dat cn b taken 2 balance it?tnx

Meals that comprise more of vegies and fruits.The causes could include stress,environmental toxins such as insecticides,oily foods and Eating disorders,birth control pills.Yes there are,Feminine Herbal Complex is good.

bjhere2009: hello doctor,
I don't know if I got this right but I like following your advice.lam male 41yrs and have been married for over a year to my girl friend of 7yrs. we tried to have a baby but no luck.fertility text shows my sperm count to be 4.5M and wife ovulates but her eggs doesn't hatch.
funny thing is that she always takes inn while we were still dating.
what do I do to improve my sperm count and any help for my wife? all text shows she is okay but have ovulation problem as her eggs to release.
please help us.

You will need to boost your sperm volume,there are many supplements in the market that can help you but there is one I will recommend Masculine Herbal Complex.You must essentially eat more of beans,fruits,fish(sardine),Vegetables (Pls do not overcook),u can even take Uguvin juice as a good friend will call it.
Make sure you do not ejaculate often.As it takes a little while before that you have released to be replenished

For your wife,how old is she? any way she has to stay away from stress as much as possible.As usually she will need a herbal supplement in the name of Feminine Herbal Complex and Aloe Vera juice.This will go a long way to improving her lot.

Goldenbaby: Good afternoon Doc, pls I really know when am ovulating cos I normally have slight pain on my left lower abdomen,but I don't normally see egg white mucus that is stretchy.d last time I saw it was august last year,bt now I only see mucus that looks like cream lotion,pls wat will I do.

Basically the job of that stretchy egg white stuff to indicate sign of ovulation and also to ease the transportation of fluid to the eggs.Many women do not see it but get pregnant.Does this creamy lotion like mucus come during ur ovulation?

Wantintin: Docs, Thanks for the good job you are doing on this forum, God will bless you all. I am new here. Pls kindly explain this hormonal profile result:
FSH 6.1miu/ml Ref. Value 1-9
LH 1.68mu/ml 1.68-15.0
PRL 31.8ng/ml 3.8-23.2
PROG 6.4nmol/l 6.4-79.5

Pls help, would be very grateful.

From the data above,it is clear that your prolactin levels are high and it will interfere with ovulation.

Ejisz: please am in a state of delima. I Were Intimate with my boo, we
had protections(condom) but it broke. She was ovulatin at that
time so i urged her to get postinor 2 for safety purpose. The
stress now is that, after a long time for a month plus, she has
been ovulatin normally but having painfuk menstrual flow(pains
started after she took the postinor2).. She has had her monthly
flow even after she took the drugs.. But lately, she has been
complaining of low abdominal pains at the left part of her tommy..
She is still experincing ovulation and painfuk menstrual flow...she
has done several pregnancy tests with negative results.. Postinor
has side effects and am suspecting she is experiencin ectopic
pregnancy..please is there any herbs or drugs she can take to
make things better? Although i have no prove..

Honestly I suspect STI pls let her go for a test.

timiege: Good day doc,pls what is the effect of milk\water coming out of ones breast when you are not pregnant or breast feeding,the dr recommend parlodel still no change.what drugs sld one take.thank you

High prolactin level in ur body.Look at my recommendations above.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Abaniwol(f): 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
tnx doc.4 ur reply.pls hw lng wil it tak 4d hormone 2 become balance agn.nd hw or where cn i get d drug.does it also means am nt ovulating.tnx
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2013
Yes Doc,I see the creamy lotion mucus during my ovulation and through out my luteal phase,it even stain my undies..
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by jidebobo: 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
DR,help me attend to this questions. I had my 1st child 4yrs ago through cs. I & my hubby has been trying to have another baby no way. What can I do?

my menstrual flow last at most two days,not even up to 24hrs and its very light,it flows and stops and continues again during one period,for eg,i start my period yesterday,no flow today at al,tomorrow the light flow continues again,doctors in the house,is this normal?am 37 years,and it has always been like this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.