Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (878296 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 5:54am On Apr 11, 2013
arcbabe: Pls how can i stop odour coming out of my vagina,i am menstrating now and can't go out because it smells alot,my urine smells and i have rashes and abdominal pains. Am hiv negative and have tried 2 get cure but nothing seems to work.

I want to believe your personal hygiene is top up.Anyway,please if you can detoxify this will be a great start.You may have to see a doctor.

julicoka: hi DR. I real appreciatte ur work here God bless u,pls i gave birth on 27 november ad ve not see my mestration.some times i wil be veing cramp on my lower abdomen.pls what could dis be pls help me.

Yes you may not see it soon.My wife gave birth last August and she started her Menses February.Yours may not be as long as that but your body is not ready for another kick.
Cramps in the lower abdomen is not uncommon,your uterus is contracting and relaxing by closing the wounds from child birth that is why you feel those pains.You will surely be ok.Just make sure you relax well.

pavorikoko: Hello Doc,
I am 31 yrs old, my monthly flow doesn't usually come with cramps, but last mnth it came wt painful but bearable cramps so also this mnth, I started feeling cramps like 3days ago then dis morning wen I wiped I saw blood.
I am trying for a baby and I met on my fertile & ovulation day (day 10 &14) of my mc.
What is wrong wt me?

Nothing really, but there are quite some reasons why you are experiencing cramps.Some of them may include lack of exercise and emotional stress.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by MarJuly(f): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2013
Hell Dr,

My BBT chart is reads 33+- 34, i hardly get 35 and above that is why i always go for follicle scan to determine my ovulation. I just bought another Thermometer (OMRON). I will start using it on my next cycle if am not pregnant. How many hours of sleep do i need b/4 taking the bbt chart. I normally wakes up around 1.00-2.00am to ease myself and finally get up between 5.00-5.30am in the morning to take it. I dont see egg-white during my ovulation but my follicle scan always confirm my ovulation. Is anything wrong with that. I want to try omega 3-6-9, Vit: B6(100mg), D3(1000mg), C65mg and folic Acid(400mcg), from my next cycle. Hope is ok and which product is better. Lately, i have been having temperature. I will be 34 by JULY

Since this year, my hubby always have weak erection and i have been given him alot of vegies and fruits especially banana and carrot. Its really disturbing him. I also noticed that his semen does not penetrate well inside. He will be 35 by August. Pls advice. Cheers.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 2:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
Good afternoon Doc, pls is cod liver oil the same as omega 3, if no, pls what product should I buy that contain omega 3.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by julicoka(f): 10:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
thank u doctor,since my uterus is contracting,like when wil i start marrital relations with my hubby,and pls i begg u,i ve been hearing about child selection pls can u tell me how to select male child. Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mercifull(f): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2013
Is it true that doing evacuation during menses helps?pls i need ur advice.don't really know.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 12, 2013
Goldenbaby: Good afternoon Doc, pls is cod liver oil the same as omega 3, if no, pls what product should I buy that contain omega 3.

yes it is.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kaz: 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
Good day,
can a lady with irregular menses be pregant.pls advise me
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Myah001(f): 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
kaz: Good day,

No..... it cant happen... your body system has to be in a balanced state before that can happen.
You need to track down the cause or how it started.
Causes for irregular Menses Varies
* Hormonal Imbalance
* it could be as a result of stress
* Birth control
* Bad Diet
* Weight gain
* Emotional imbalance
* heavy or intense exercise

Whats the cause of yours?

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
Mar July: Hell Dr,

My BBT chart is reads 33+- 34, i hardly get 35 and above that is why i always go for follicle scan to determine my ovulation. I just bought another Thermometer (OMRON). I will start using it on my next cycle if am not pregnant. How many hours of sleep do i need b/4 taking the bbt chart. I normally wakes up around 1.00-2.00am to ease myself and finally get up between 5.00-5.30am in the morning to take it.

At least 4 hours of good sleep will be ok.

Mar July:
I dont see egg-white during my ovulation but my follicle scan always confirm my ovulation. Is anything wrong with that. I want to try omega 3-6-9, Vit: B6(100mg), D3(1000mg), C65mg and folic Acid(400mcg), from my next cycle. Hope is ok and which product is better. Lately, i have been having temperature. I will be 34 by JULY

Well it is not out place if you do not c EWCM at the same time it is not normal.Fertile CM will help in d production of cervical mucus.Why do u want to try those in ur next cycle.Anyway folic acid is a must.Happy birthday in advance.My sister please thrive to worry less.

Mar July:
Since this year, my hubby always have weak erection and i have been given him alot of vegies and fruits especially banana and carrot. Its really disturbing him. I also noticed that his semen does not penetrate well inside. He will be 35 by August. Pls advice. Cheers.

A re u sure he is not depressed? Does he experience erection while sleeping? I will also like to add please make sure you do not make your love making like a routine bout.It will always be boring and it may not appeal much to him since it is more of a chore.Both of you should try, to be creative infact enjoy your bodies before the act.
Yes,let him eat vegies,I believe his sperm quality is ok.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
julicoka: thank u doctor,since my uterus is contracting,like when wil i start marrital relations with my hubby,and pls i begg u,i ve been hearing about child selection pls can u tell me how to select male child. Thanks
You can start now if u want to.But if it is to conceive,then it will be worth trying when ur period resumes again.I think I wrote something about (gender selection) it some years ago.Read it up here http://pickyourbabysgendertips..com/
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kaz: 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2013

No..... it cant happen... your body system has to be in a balanced state before that can happen.
* Hormonal Imbalance
* Birth control
* Bad Diet
* Weight gain
* Emotional imbalance

actually we dont know the cause but what drugs did you think we can use
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
mercifull: Hi doc,i'm 27yrs old n Dh is 32.We've been married for over 2yrs now n TTC.i noticed a clear watery discharge from my breast when i press it from when i was 12 n its still there till now.Attained menarche at 14 and have a regular 26days cycle.i've had painful menses 4rm 16yrs.Took a lot of ibuprofen nd the likes till i had ulcer nd had to stop.Now i use tramadol for over a yr now though i still use diclofenac when its very bad.my scan results r normal including HSG and follicullar tracking with n without clomid.Uterus is retroverted,could that be a problem?hormonal profile shows normal prolactin,not high normal o.progesterone n oestrogen were a bit low though my DR says its negligible cos it was done on day 3MC.dh count is 39million n other parameters r normal.my Dr says i'm too anxious.so what cld be d prob.i've taken bromocriptine n clomid 3 cycles no conception.Is it true that doing evacuation during menses helps?pls i need ur advice.don't really know what d problem is.

There is nothing wrong with ur uterus.The problem could be u.I agree wit ur dr that u're anxious.You are allowing circumstances take its toll on u.Take a break from all this drugs (excluding folic acid) in ur next cycle,eat healthy fertility foods and time intimacy properly.

How long is this irregularity? How old is the lady?
To answer u anyway,

Yes and No.Yes,in the sense that,if d cycle is monthly and stress or maybe travels or illness is responsible for the irregularity.In this case, all u need do is to know ur ovulation period and take advantage.Or probably,remove stress and recover from the illness if any and when stability returns she can try to conceive.

And No, if d cause of the irregularity is caused by the increase or decrease of hormones in ur body.Other factors could play a role (some of which has explained in my previous posts). It is important to go for a hormonal assay so as to determine what is amiss.
MyhA001 made some sense,are u overweight or underweight?just like I said ealier other factors maybe responsible.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
kaz: kaz: Good day,

* Hormonal Imbalance
* Birth control
* Bad Diet
* Weight gain
* Emotional imbalance

It is good u know what the cause is.Please go for hormonal assay.
May be u can try Fertilaid or Feminine Herbal Complex.
But going for the hormone assay is the right way to go.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 11:20pm On Apr 13, 2013
Goodevening Doc,pls Doc I saw my period on d 7th of dis month after having bd with my hubby on 6th,it flowed every well on dat 7th,bt on 8th and 9th,nothing showed on my pad, but I use to see blood anytime I wipe. though it didn't drop on my pad. Pls Doc what could me d cause?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by pavorikoko: 1:18am On Apr 14, 2013
Thank you for ur prompt response, but the cramps has continued even till after my menses, had a dark red period for 2 & half days, medium flow and on the fri the 12th wen I wiped I saw a brownish discharge non itchy and odourless...
The cramp still continues as I type and I feel it more on the right side of my tummy. Could it b pregnancy? Cos I met wt my hubby on thurs which was the last day of my menses and the brown spotting started friday nite and stopped sunday...I also noticed I sleep a lot and I have loss of appetite
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kaz: 8:20am On Apr 14, 2013
kaz: kaz: Good day,

* Hormonal Imbalance
* Birth control
* Bad Diet
* Weight gain
* Emotional imbalance

It is good u know what the cause is.Please go for hormonal assay.
May be u can try Fertilaid or Feminine Herbal Complex.
But going for the hormone assay is the right way to go

Good day sir,

What is the diff betw delayed menses and irrregular menses

is hormone assay the same thing as hormone imbalance
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by darkluvly1(f): 10:09am On Apr 14, 2013
Gudmorng DR Kas pls am 26yrs old,recently got married.pls I do hv irregular mc since 2009,saw a Dr who said it cud b as a result of stress but prescribed a drug dt wil correct it wch I tuk, n it ddnt stop it.my major problem nw is any time I have fun wt my hubby after 2 or 3days I start bleeding...am so worried wt dis recent developmnt.pls what cud b d cause?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 14, 2013
hello. This is d 3rd tym i'm having a very painful menstruation in recent tyms which is very unusual because i use 2 have a painless period. wat culd b d cause and a way reducing d pain cos i've bin crying my eyes out snce morning.

1 Like

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mercifull(f): 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
Thank u infogenius.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by mercifull(f): 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2013
Thank u infogenius.but you did not anwet my last question.Is it true that evacuation during Menses helps to encourage conception?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tjskii(f): 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2013
Hello doc,iv got a friend with an issue,at bout 3months into her pregnancy,she was told dat her baby had been miscarried and she had an empty sac,the doctor advised either an evacuation or wait for d foetus to be expelled naturaly,well she decided to let it come out naturally,she waited for over a month,but did not notice any bleeding,and her tummy was still round lik she was pregnant,she went bak to d clinic,after a scan was caried out,they stil found d sac empty andd decided to evacuate,my friend bled for over a month after dis abortionn,she went bak to d clinik and they claimed that d foetus wasn't properly removed and gave her abortion pills,d bleeding stopped for bout 2wks and then started again,as I type this,shez stil bleedin,she went for a 2nd opinion and those ones r saying thyl av to cary out anoder evacuation,pls doc,wat do u think is d way forward,and av u ever merdically encountered such an issue
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yemitosin(f): 6:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
please doctor
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by yemitosin(f): 6:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
Good evening doctors please i wanted to know if the use of clomid can cause miscarriage.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kaz: 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2013
Doctor pls help us to answer our question, we are counting on your prompt response
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 10:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
Goldenbaby: Goodevening Doc,pls Doc I saw my period on d 7th of dis month after having bd with my hubby on 6th,it flowed every well on dat 7th,bt on 8th and 9th,nothing showed on my pad, but I use to see blood anytime I wipe. though it didn't drop on my pad. Pls Doc what could me d cause?
Are u still spotting?

pavorikoko: Thank you for ur prompt response, but the cramps has continued even till after my menses, had a dark red period for 2 & half days, medium flow and on the fri the 12th wen I wiped I saw a brownish discharge non itchy and odourless...
The cramp still continues as I type and I feel it more on the right side of my tummy. Could it b pregnancy? Cos I met wt my hubby on thurs which was the last day of my menses and the brown spotting started friday nite and stopped sunday...I also noticed I sleep a lot and I have loss of appetite

Congrats in Advance.The only way u can actually confirm pregnancy is going for a pregnancy test.loss of appetite ke? as food craving could be a symptom of BFP.How do u feel now?But if cramp persist pls see a doc.

kaz:
Good day sir,

What is the diff betw delayed menses and irrregular menses

is hormone assay the same thing as hormone imbalance

Hormonal assay is a hormone test used to determine hormone levels in
d body.It is this test that confirms hormonal imbalance (is a condition) where hormone levels
are not within their normal range.

dark_luvly: Gudmorng DR Kas pls am 26yrs old,recently got married.pls I do hv irregular mc since 2009,saw a Dr who said it cud b as a result of stress but prescribed a drug dt wil correct it wch I tuk, n it ddnt stop it.my major problem nw is any time I have fun wt my hubby after 2 or 3days I start bleeding...am so worried wt dis recent developmnt.pls what cud b d cause?

How irregular are ur periods?Have u gone for a test recently?

D damsel: hello. This is d 3rd tym i'm having a very painful menstruation in recent tyms which is very unusual because i use 2 have a painless period. wat culd b d cause and a way reducing d pain cos i've bin crying my eyes out snce morning.

Stress could play a big role so also pms.Have U had a regular cycle in the past 5 cycles?I will quickly advice that u reduce intake of sugary stuffs.And also c a dr.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Goldenbaby(f): 11:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
No,am not spotting,it stopped on d 9th of dis month like I told u.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by infogenius(m): 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
mercifull: Thank u infogenius.but you did not anwet my last question.Is it true that evacuation during Menses helps to encourage conception?
I do not particularly feel so and as such I won't encourage it.

tjskii: Hello doc,iv got a friend with an issue,at bout 3months into her pregnancy,she was told dat her baby had been miscarried and she had an empty sac,the doctor advised either an evacuation or wait for d foetus to be expelled naturaly,well she decided to let it come out naturally,she waited for over a month,but did not notice any bleeding,and her tummy was still round lik she was pregnant,she went bak to d clinic,after a scan was caried out,they stil found d sac empty andd decided to evacuate,my friend bled for over a month after dis abortionn,she went bak to d clinik and they claimed that d foetus wasn't properly removed and gave her abortion pills,d bleeding stopped for bout 2wks and then started again,as I type this,shez stil bleedin,she went for a 2nd opinion and those ones r saying thyl av to cary out anoder evacuation,pls doc,wat do u think is d way forward,and av u ever merdically encountered such an issue

Hmmn...,this is not funny oh.I would like to know the degree of her bleeding.I will like to understand better.Is it that the fetus was not evacuated properly or completely?
yemitosin: Good evening doctors please i wanted to know if the use of clomid can cause miscarriage.

How? if u take during pregnancy or what? Anyway, The other way round I do not think so.If it does, it won't be that popular with women.Funny enough it is also used to treat male infertility such as low sperm count.But is always advisable you let ur Dr know before using it.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by tjskii(f): 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
That's wat we're wonderin doc,cos she was evacuated d 1st time,then a month later given abortion pills wen d bleedin didn't stop,now they want to evacuate her again
But we're just wonderin ow d fetus can stil be ther after evacuation and pills
D bleeding is light
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by missnigeria: 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
PLS DOCTOR,IS IT THAT IM PREGNANT? I HAD MISCARRIAGE 4 WEEKS AGO IN WHICH I BLEED FOR 2 WEEKS& IT STOPPED,5 DAYS AGO I HAD INTIMATE WITH MY HUSBAND,NOW IM FEELING FEVERISH,WEAK AND NAUSEA.CAN I BE PREGNANT?
THANKS FOR YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Kween1: 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
Hi Dr, i had sex on Saturday and took POSTINOR 2 on Monday morning can it prevent pregnancy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.