Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive (110563 Views)

I Am HIV Positive And Illegal Immigrant: Advise Please / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by jhydebaba(m): 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2012
paris10:

And to the fraudsters who thinks we're all gullible Nigerians, we know them by names. Ayefele is still cripple!

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2012
Brother, please don't be ignorant and think that you are dying man. You will leave long, this is the year 2012. You did not test positive in the 70's or 80's. Though I do not know anyone in person who is positive in real life, but most basketball lovers would know of "MAGIC MIKE". Magic mike tested positive in 1990 and he is still alive and kicking, huge a** looking guy after 22yrs of carrying the virus. 22 years man. Forget about all those statistics you see on cnn and bbc about people dying everyday of AIDS in africa and the stereotype that goes with that sort of reporting. I can assure you that, as long as you continue to take your medication, you can add atleast 50 more years to your present age, not to talk about the fact that you would leave healthier than many nigerians who do not have the virus, added to the fact that your kids would also be born hiv free.
Make sure you visit government hospitals ( heart 2 heart centers), get the right counselling and take your medications (anti-retro viral drugs) when due. You never know before the end of the decade the cure of aids would have been found.
As a WARNING!!!, do not attempt suicide. Any attempt to kill your self would mean that you are a selfish, self centred person who does not care about the feelings of your family, friends and well wishers ( all of us on nairaland). Not forgetting, you will definitely GO TO HELL!!!

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by a1solution: 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
as
for me I suspect op is a HiV counsellor just using trick to advice
people or an investigative journalist makin research. may God give you
all good health.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
Go for anti-retroviral drugs and try your best to live a stress-free life. Don't think it is a stigma to be sick of it, but know that you are not the only one passing through such condition. Seek doctor's help and always love and don't hesitate to ask people for help.

Another thing, help other to understand the disease is real in Nigeria!

Believe you are not alone. We are with you in love and care. Just be yourself and prevent others from having it.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by EmekaCovaine: 12:06am On Sep 12, 2012
Jesus said I have come so that they might have life and have it to the fullest John (10:10). I'm not trying to market any church here but the word of God for 12 years I had HIV and God healed me through the man of God I can't name him here since it will be like I'm marketing him, I'm not talking about something I don't know here. Jesus said Satan came to steal, kill and destroy anything that is against your life is from Satan but Jesus came to give life.
Jesus said in John 11:25 "I'm the resurrection, and life, he that believe in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die....."
My friend anything that is against the word of God is lies no matter how really it looks.HIV looks really and has killed many people but is lies from pit of hell because its against the word of God. A lot of people in this forum are liers they represent the kingdom of darkness out of ingorance....anyone who feel sorry for you and make you feel hopeless don't listen to them there's no hopeless situation with God.
I'll pray for u my brother and you'll believe, you'll get healed & go out there & testify.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by myike2(m): 12:08am On Sep 12, 2012
mikkyangel: How about the new Hiv drugs that was lunch here in America some months back? Please doctors in the house expanciate if you know about this.I heard it's very expensive, but it was a break through in Hiv treatment.
.the name of the new drug is called Truvuda. Its a drug that PREVENTS a person from contracting the virus, but its 98% effective which means in 2% cases, it may not be able 2prevent you from contracting the virus. So wen using the drug for an already positive patient, its used for treatment. Its very expensive though.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by myike2(m): 12:33am On Sep 12, 2012
[quote author=lillaowow][/quote]it may be a different sickness. I had unprotected sex too, and I started having tinglings too. Also have a flu and occassional numbness in my hands and legs. I went for a test, I was negative. I waited for over 3months which is the incubation period, and I took the test agin. I was still negative. Later this month, I would go do some tests for other STD's
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by rhymz(m): 1:04am On Sep 12, 2012
EmekaCovaine: There's nothing like incurable sickness in the Bible that believe is from a pit of hell. They brought to Jesus a girl with epilepsy, which is incurable according to medical science, the Bible tells us that Jesus rebuked the demon and the girl was healed.Every sickness is cause by demon and is from Satan you rebuke that demon or visit a man of God you trust and will deliver you simple as that. Don't listen to all these people who claim to know human body but they can't even count their hairs, you think God who creates universe can not heal you a small sickness like HIV Anything too hard for God Don't insult God brother wake up and smell the coffee science is use by Satan (he is the king of this world) that why Nature is always too powerful for science, don't be deceived we are in a spiritual warfare you can't afford to be killed by demons. I don't feel sorry for you because the problem you have has a very simple solution. If you believe you'll se the glory of God.
Shut Up Please! The issue here goes beyond rhetorics of religious fairy tale stories and forklores. You could get an infected person killed with this state of mind which tends to get one high on denial and expose them even more to death.
My Mum had Fibrod for a long time, going to church and being taught "irrational faith" that leaves in denial until it was a little too late for surgical operation. She died in the process. So stop peddling this nonsense and just emphasize more on them doing the right thing and following procedure, there is little an irrational belief system can do to help.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by cuteonyii(m): 1:08am On Sep 12, 2012
Bros it is well... you have actually taken the first bold step that leads to survival..knwoledge is power and you have already seek and found one.

I have a close relative who tested Pos+ 2008. His own case was already in the second stage before discovery. then has started taking the drugs and now you wont even know such thing exist in him..very heathy looking..

BUT ADVICE.. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT USE IT AS A WEAPON..
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by rhymz(m): 1:29am On Sep 12, 2012
myike2: .the name of the new drug is called Truvuda. Its a drug that PREVENTS a person from contracting the virus, but its 98% effective which means in 2% cases, it may not be able 2prevent you from contracting the virus. So wen using the drug for an already positive patient, its used for treatment. Its very expensive though.
I have read a little about the drug, it is actually a preventive drug for people who are negetive not for already infected people.
Also, although it has been approved for use but strictly on prescription by not just any physician. It use will have to be on regular basis just like an infected person taking on the regimen of his anti-retroviral drugs and diet. There is a slight posibility that irregular and indiscriminate use could result to infection and development of resistant strains of the virus to treatment which could be more fatal. There are also serious side effects like bone thining, kidney and lever problems, upset the stomach, could affect sexual partner and so on.
The drug is still in its early stage and undergoing series of trial and error, it is not yet a dependent means yet by true standards.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by kaeto(m): 2:25am On Sep 12, 2012
Pls send me a mail, my email adress is kaeto73@yahoo.com for your solution. May I be CURSED forever and all my generations , if I demand any kind of money or gifts from you. This solution will change your report to negetive. Send your number to me and i will give you the link. In the whole process you won't spend a dyme. Please trust me just small and you will come back on this forum to share your experience. Thanks.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 2:58am On Sep 12, 2012
jhydebaba: I feel you bro. But why did you say you feel like dying? Ur case is even far better than those who have the virus and haven't gone for testing yet.
What to do? Register with any "heart to heart" centre in any government owned hospital and you'll get the anti-retroviral drugs free.
HIV + is not the end of the world as millions are still living their normal life maintaining it. The only difference is that you have to take your drugs religiously as well as do away with alcohol, smoke and other things as adviced by your doctor.
*i pray scientist get the total cure for the virus in this generation.

+ 1 infinity!
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by lillaowow(m): 3:27am On Sep 12, 2012
myike2: it may be a different sickness. I had unprotected sex too, and I started having tinglings too. Also have a flu and occassional numbness in my hands and legs. I went for a test, I was negative. I waited for over 3months which is the incubation period, and I took the test agin. I was still negative. Later this month, I would go do some tests for other STD's

ok.tnks
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by endystan(m): 6:12am On Sep 12, 2012
Yes, you need to go for the CD4 count, its necessary. after the test, kindly leave your normal life and take your routing drugs, please cultivate a habit of treating yourself of Malaria at least once in two Months. Godbless
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by agiboma(f): 6:12am On Sep 12, 2012
Sorry to hear your news. But HIV is not a death sentence with proper care, diet etc you can still live a very long fulfilling life. If you are in a relationship inform your partner and have them get tested right away. Wish you all the best.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by kunyeo(m): 6:15am On Sep 12, 2012
Lady Winona: I'm sorry that you have to go thru this but like someone said earlier, it's really not the end of the world. I'm a doctor and I've worked in HIV clinic for over a year. All I can tell u now, is that there is still no known cure for HIV so pls don't believe people who will come with their herbal mixtures or pastors claiming they can heal everything, cos we've lost a lot of patients that way. I guess the first thing u shld do is to go to a government hospital and register. There, you would be tested for CD4 count, Full blood count, hepatitis B, kidney function test, liver function test, chest x ray and some might want to rule out tuberculosis. If ur CD4 count is above 350cells/ul, u wld be advised to live a healthy lifestyle with protected sex and all since u won't be needing the drugs yet. If however, it is below that, u will be started on the popular first line drugs which are zidovudine, nevirapine and lamivudine. Now, this is where it gets tricky, if by chance, u fail to take ur drugs regularly or succumb to fraudsters who claim that they can cure HIV hence stopping ur drugs, ur HIV will become resistant to the drUgs u re taking, similar to how malaria is now resistant to chloroquine due to abuse of the drugs, if this happens and I pray that it doesn't, u wld be switched to 2nd line anti HIV drugs which is not only rare and limited to procure but has more side effects. If u fail at that too, then the prognosis is indeed poor as it's safe to say at this point that ur fate is sealed cos the third line drugs are not available in Nigeria and is insanely expensive and not free like the others. Also, apart from the HIV drugs, u need to take septrin daily to ward off some diseases that are linked to AIDS, so it's impt u don't play with that too. Taking my time to tell u this as I'm sure u'll get to know as time goes on. Good luck and God bless.

reallly .by far cheaper to remain a celebate looking at these hassles of treatment .sex not worth it at all.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Ukamakam: 6:22am On Sep 12, 2012
Airforce11: Pls doctors in the house and those who have similar experiences should please advise me on the next step. i went for a comprehensive medical test yesterday (Monday) and was asked to come today for the medical report. i was called in by the doctor and he showed my medical report to me. All other tests are very ok but the HIV screening test is positive. He counselled me aot about the disease and advised i did a confirmatory test. i went to the lab immediately for the confirmatory test and it stil came out positive.

The doctor advised i commence treatment immediately but i have to carry out another test to ascertain my CD4 count before administering treatment. Since after the breaking of the news, i have not gotten myself as i feel i am dying. please, i need some tips on how to manage this disease. SERIOUS CONTRIBUTIONS PLS....
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by meforkene(m): 6:55am On Sep 12, 2012
@op.u said u feel like dying?don't be that way.they have said it all..you've already got the advice u need.HIV is not the deadliest of them all..I tell u cancer n diabetes r worse than HIV..just make show u eat well..-n d clinic I've seen a lot..and I mean a lot of miracles(u can still get married,hv a kid n they'll both be negative)but u still have to take precautions though..just go register for a retroviral clinic in any government hospital..all ur tests and drugs will be free(some ppl prefer to do this in a neighbouring town to ensure confidentiality)..do take care
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by FRANCISEKE1(m): 7:06am On Sep 12, 2012
You are lucky to be open minded in nature,act fast and rescue yourself pending on your cd4 count,the newly approved HIV drug will lead you,a combination of tribild and truvada will put a smile on your face,we probe diseases,I'm a biochemist,with experience in lab analysis and management of most viral disease,especially of lentiviral(retro)
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Guy101: 7:10am On Sep 12, 2012
@OP,i knw this is not time for blames.I can understand that you like bleeping raw.Life has taught me that anytin wey dey sweet dey kill.anyways pele oo,na now u go knw weda u be man or boy.Still focus not end of life u now.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Deemic(m): 7:38am On Sep 12, 2012
benzion72: I just want to let you know it is not the end of the world. Some have killed themselves through fear and panic and not HIV itself, malaria still kill more people than HIV and if you read your history book well before they found drug for malaria it killed more white people than malaria.
Having said that I want you to know that all things are possible to him that believe. Remember the story of lazaruz in the Bible he was dead and buried for four days. But he came alive when the resurrection and life come on stage. Your case is the simplest if only you believe. There is still balm in Gilead and healing is for the children of the kingdom. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever more. I was diagnosed with kidney problem and I went to the church of the the bishop the "slapper". He administer anointing oil saying it is the rod of God that swallow the rod of the wicked ones like moses rod swallow the Egyptian rods. I drank up till tomorrow the kidney problem has vanished. Men there is power of God that can deliver today.
My final advise take your maintance drug and seek a fourth dimension solution through the great physician
I pity you cos you dont hv d fear of God, no let wetin God healed you of cum back in double fold by making a play of his servant, is dat d best way u can refer to the man God use to heal you?
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2012
The Lord is your Strength! Hope on him and He'll see you through.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by oge4real(f): 8:41am On Sep 12, 2012
@Op, please I dont want to talk much as you have been given good advice already. Please, I beg you, disregard the advice to take septrin daily!
I really wonder how someone claiming to be a doctor will be prescribing antibiotics online for any reason whatsoever,even after ranting about drug resistance and ish.
Even though you may be immunocompromised, please endeavor that you completely avoid self medication. Do not take any drug except with the outright approval of a "qualified" physician, not even panadol.(you will better off with a doctor from a teaching hospital or Federal Medical centre as these establishments employ the best and have experienced hands.
Goodluck and remember that Michael Jordan is still alive and kicking after many years.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 12, 2012
And my mom had fibroid and watched her being healed in a catholic church during a prayer session. Its not stupid religion. If u don't believe in God, dts ur decision to make. But don't even rule out that possibility, cz its our sinful nature dat brought abt dis disease and its d same drive toward righteousness that will save us. #jssaying

rhymz: Shut Up Please! The issue here goes beyond rhetorics of religious fairy tale stories and forklores. You could get an infected person killed with this state of mind which tends to get one high on denial and expose them even more to death.
My Mum had Fibrod for a long time, going to church and being taught "irrational faith" that leaves in denial until it was a little too late for surgical operation. She died in the process. So stop peddling this nonsense and just emphasize more on them doing the right thing and following procedure, there is little an irrational belief system can do to help.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by prothelley(f): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2012
Dear poster, I will advice you to check a good herbal doctor around you. HIV I & II is 100% curable. Am saying this confidently, I had a relation of mine who tested + about a yr ago. She used herbal medication and today she's totally free. She keeps testing every month and its always. Try it bro, it works!

Science must have found a cure but it will NEVER come to light cos manufacturers of retrivirals are making billions of dollars. Its a cartel that won't let the cure see lamelight. What happened to Dr. Abalaka of Nigeria when he found the cure for Aids, have you ever asked yourself that question?

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 12, 2012
And my mom had fibroid and watched her being healed in st dominics during a prayer session sometime in 2000. Its not stupid to have faith...afterall ts faith dt makes u believe ur drugs will sustain u. If u don't believe in God, dts ur decision to make. But don't even rule out that possibility dt divine healing can come ur way, cz its our sinful nature dat brought abt dis disease and its d same drive toward righteousness that will save us. #jssaying

rhymz: Shut Up Please! The issue here goes beyond rhetorics of religious fairy tale stories and forklores. You could get an infected person killed with this state of mind which tends to get one high on denial and expose them even more to death.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by ojjp: 8:59am On Sep 12, 2012
Pls take d Dr's advice n more importantly, get close 2 God. It's one of d least miracles God performs. Ur believ ur healin!
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Chiokeke(f): 9:05am On Sep 12, 2012
kunyeo:

reallly .by far cheaper to remain a celebate looking at these hassles of treatment .sex not worth it at all.

Even at that sef. A doctor friend came back from the hospital shivering sometime last month and told us about how a 40 something year old virgin tested positive to HIV. The lady could really not explain how it came about. The conclusion was that it must have been from the hairdressing salon where she makes her hair. Please bear it in mind that sex is not the only way to contract the disease. Thank God, it is not the death sentence it once was. Only God will help us.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2012
All of us are suffering from the evil hands of Hiv/Aids, if you are not infected, you are affected.

The world over, this unwanted guest keep on ravaging and terrorizing us.

Surprisingly, the infection is winning all of us. Because of our religious, personal, political and traditional differences.

Let us join hands together and defeat this unwanted guest in our world .................. Chuks writes from Enugu, Nigeria.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Airforce11: 9:28am On Sep 12, 2012
Goodmorning all, thank God for this new day. My today ll definately be far better than yesterday. i ll continue to thank all Nairalanders who have made one contribution or the other on my thread. God ll continue to guide and direct you as you guide me through my present condition. Indeed, i have not skipped any contributions here and it has really dampened my fear about the HIV virus. i have hope that, i ll live a normal life based on peoples' advise and comments. i woke up this morning feeling stronger than yesterday. In nairaland here, i have seen that, i am winninhg the war in me because i have read more encouraging comments than otherwise.

cuteonyii: Bros it is well... you have actually taken the first bold step that leads to survival..knwoledge is power and you have already seek and found one.

I have a close relative who tested Pos+ 2008. His own case was already in the second stage before discovery. then has started taking the drugs and now you wont even know such thing exist in him..very heathy looking..

BUT ADVICE.. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT USE IT AS A WEAPON..

My conscience ll not allow me to do that. i am well educated, informed and above all God fearing to engage in a killing spree.

a1solution: as
for me I suspect op is a HiV counsellor just using trick to advice
people or an investigative journalist makin research. may God give you
all good health.

My friend, your observation is absolutely incorrect in this case as it is my story and what affects me. i know most NLders re enlightened in different areas. however, you ll see the good, the bad and the ugly over here. Its in me to sieve the sand from the rice and take the best advise.

As promised, i ll post my result here later and need professionals to interprete its content. LET THE COMMENT CONTINUE TO COME. I LOVE YOU ALL.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 12, 2012
ochukwuma15: All of us are suffering from the evil hands of Hiv/Aids, if you are not infected, you are affected.

The world over, this unwanted guest keep on ravaging and terrorizing us.

Surprisingly, the infection is winning all of us. Because of our religious, personal, political and traditional differences.

Let us join hands together and defeat this unwanted guest in our world .................. Chuks writes from Enugu, Nigeria.

Welcome Sir!
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by sexyverah(f): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2012
pele

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom / What Coca-cola Does To Your Penis Will Shock You / #NoBraDay Video Of A Busty, Slim Slay Queen With 'Heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.