Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive (110561 Views)

I Am HIV Positive And Illegal Immigrant: Advise Please / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by buJu234: 9:40am On Sep 12, 2012
hahaha u make me laugh...

let me tell u the truth HIV is like other diseases infact its even better than Ebola virus.

Have u heard abt Ebola virus, u catch it; u can as well consider urself dead with in 7-14days... No cure

Also have u read abt magic johnson http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Johnson

he currently runs a billionaire investment company meanwhile he is HIV positive.

Let me tell u these days HIV is now a death sentence to the ignorant people ( weather rich or poor)

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by myike2(m): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2012
prothelley: Dear poster, I will advice you to check a good herbal doctor around you. HIV I & II is 100% curable. Am saying this confidently, I had a relation of mine who tested + about a yr ago. She used herbal medication and today she's totally free. She keeps testing every month and its always. Try it bro, it works!

Science must have found a cure but it will NEVER come to light cos manufacturers of retrivirals are making billions of dollars. Its a cartel that won't let the cure see lamelight. What happened to Dr. Abalaka of Nigeria when he found the cure for Aids, have you ever asked yourself that question?
Bro, please share it with everyone here. Some people here are HIV positive as well, but are afrais/ashamed 2say it. So, please share with us this herbal cure, or how to reach the person who cured your relative. You just may save some souls. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by citypulseng(m): 11:00am On Sep 12, 2012
Eeyah!! I understand your plight bro... I have a confidant too (a lady) who contracted it from her ex. But she has since gotten over the shock and living her normal life again. Just follow the doctor's advice religiously and take exercise, aside your drugs, as a new passion. It helps speed up your immune system. Above all, be very PRAYERFUL and enter into a covenant with God. Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE!!!
citypulseng..com

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by kolaxy(m): 11:36am On Sep 12, 2012
My friend, sorry to hear about your problem. The medical doctor on page one has said it all and almost everyone has given you their good advice. Just make sure you don't joke with your drugs, not even for a day.

Secondly, give your life to Christ TODAY if you have not done so. Start praying & believe that God, who created you, can overturn your condition from positive to negative.

Remember, with God, ALL things are POSSIBLE. It is well with you in Jesus Name.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by acmajibo(m): 11:44am On Sep 12, 2012
mikkyangel: How about the new Hiv drugs that was lunch here in America some months back? Please doctors in the house expanciate if you know about this.I heard it's very expensive, but it was a break through in Hiv treatment.

Thx, i was about saying the same thing.., the drug they said is able to kill 97percent of HIV/AIDS in human beigns...and i think d drug was approved, according to the news America promised to make it available to the rest of the world come October
2012, YES!
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Maxwell86(m): 11:45am On Sep 12, 2012
obadiah777: no such things as HIV infection. its all a scam for the big pharmaceuticals. your immune system is rundown so try eating raw garlic and raw ginger with each meal and also fresh green vegetable. you will be healed.

VERY RETARDED STATEMENT.......

#MoneySpentOnYourEducationShouldBeConsideredAsWaste
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by LadyWinona: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
oge4real: @Op, please I dont want to talk much as you have been given good advice already. Please, I beg you, disregard the advice to take septrin daily!
I really wonder how someone claiming to be a doctor will be prescribing antibiotics online for any reason whatsoever,even after ranting about drug resistance and ish.
Even though you may be immunocompromised, please endeavor that you completely avoid self medication. Do not take any drug except with the outright approval of a "qualified" physician, not even panadol.(you will better off with a doctor from a teaching hospital or Federal Medical centre as these establishments employ the best and have experienced hands.
Goodluck and remember that Michael Jordan is still alive and kicking after many years.
The last time I checked, I still have my MBBS certificate, a certificate that says I'm best in the field I'm specializing in and a a letter congratulating me for passing my primaries. I was never prescibing drugs on the internet. For pete's sake, nobody does that these days. I'm only informing the op what to expect and if u bothered to read my post, u wld ve seen dt. I don't appreciate people making unfounded statements without understanding the facts first.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by jaybee3(m): 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
oge4real: @Op, please I dont want to talk much as you have been given good advice already. Please, I beg you, disregard the advice to take septrin daily!
I really wonder how someone claiming to be a doctor will be prescribing antibiotics online for any reason whatsoever,even after ranting about drug resistance and ish.
Even though you may be immunocompromised, please endeavor that you completely avoid self medication. Do not take any drug except with the outright approval of a "qualified" physician, not even panadol.(you will better off with a doctor from a teaching hospital or Federal Medical centre as these establishments employ the best and have experienced hands.
Goodluck and remember that Michael Jordan is still alive and kicking after many years.

Abeg wetin do Michael Jordan?

I'm sure you are referring to Magic Johnson

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Toktee(m): 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
Bros,go see tb joshua and your case is over,i swear to God dnt seat and lament, devil is not in control but God

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by jaybee3(m): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
Toktee: Bros,go see tb joshua and your case is over,i swear to God dnt seat and lament, devil is not in control but God
Isn't it the same TB Joshua's church that bbc did a documentary about this same HIV false hope teachings angry angry angry angry angry angry

http://news.sky.com/story/903111/church-tells-hiv-patients-to-stop-treatment

https://www.nairaland.com/899779/synagogue-church-all-nations-caught
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by muyenmuyen: 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
pls my dear ,dont kill urself over d sickness .go 4 treatment and go to GOd in prayer ,u will surely overcome and morover the sickness dont kill again if u eat well and take ur drugs
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by LeCoq: 1:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
eat good food, avoid alcohol and drug abuse, do not use skin-to-skin (y'all know what am saying), eat lots of vegetables. If you do these then HIV, his brothers, cousins and entire family will be far from you.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by poweredcom(m): 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
I bleeped three women wit hiv don't u wanna grow up to be someone like me II ma badoops. Well guy pele oo we dey mack bitches weller but na wit condom o but am sure you were too carried away to mack dem without condom - am sure this dude has only one babe who he taught is miss truthful but the babe fit dey Bleep like dog outside to get cash -- guys beware ooo even if na my only babe I dey use condom
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by crackhouse(m): 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
misreal: [email][/email]if i wer u i will go on a bleeping rampage cos being hiv is nt de end of de bleeping world smileyif i wer u i will go on a bleeping rampage cos being hiv is nt de end of de bleeping world
hmm, some people sef. O boy see wetin u dey yarn. Na wa o.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by crackhouse(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
@OP, I am not a medical doctor but i have an aunty who is a nurse and also in-charge of PLWHA in the infirmary where she works. I do visit her sometimes whenever i travel to the east and i do see HIV people come to her office for treatment{both pregnant women} and hey! U can't even know they are Positive unless u are told. What i am trying to tell u is that, u can still live healthy life as long as u are on ur drugs. Healing works in pari passu with ur state of mind and that's why doctors will always tell their patients to take their mind off whatever they are thinking b/4 they{doctors} will start administering drugs on them. So it's very important u take ur mind off the HIV stuff & receive ur treatment if u really wanna live long. Also pray with faith, who knows maybe God want to reveal himself to u. I am sure God will do it if u call on him with faith. I have seen people healed by God.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by prothelley(f): 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2012
myike2: Bro, please share it with everyone here. Some people here are HIV positive as well, but are afrais/ashamed 2say it. So, please share with us this herbal cure, or how to reach the person who cured your relative. You just may save some souls. Thanks.

if I tell you to go to a particular herbal treatment centre, it will seem am advertising. There are so many herbal clinics in naija, if the op is in naija. Get a good one and start treating. Keep testing after every 3mothns, even if you are tested at the clinic. Do your confirmatory test somewhere else yourself. All the best & quick recovery @ Op.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by MadCow1: 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
Airforce11: Pls doctors in the house and those who have similar experiences should please advise me on the next step. i went for a comprehensive medical test yesterday (Monday) and was asked to come today for the medical report. i was called in by the doctor and he showed my medical report to me. All other tests are very ok but the HIV screening test is positive. He counselled me aot about the disease and advised i did a confirmatory test. i went to the lab immediately for the confirmatory test and it stil came out positive.

The doctor advised i commence treatment immediately but i have to carry out another test to ascertain my CD4 count before administering treatment. Since after the breaking of the news, i have not gotten myself as i feel i am dying. please, i need some tips on how to manage this disease. SERIOUS CONTRIBUTIONS PLS....

Are you for reals!!!..Like are you serious?!!! Like how are you coping?!

Anyways.. Here is a serious advice..

HIV is not a death sentence..

Infact, you can live a long life with the virus inside of you.. However, you would have to take medication for the rest of your life.
Hygene is now your mantra. All HIV does is rudeuce your immunity and allows other illnesses to attack and kill you. Even a treatable sickness like malaria could kill a HIV patient..

You will also need regular medical check up..

NOW!! I have two friends that have died of AIDs within the last 8 months.. Their problems were 1 sought to use alternative medicine to cure his, the other was hoping on God for a miracle and didnt bother with conventional medecine.. Please dont compromise on your medication at all.. You can even go ahead to make babies that are not HIV +ive with the recent advances in medicine..

Please dont allow yourself to become a spreader of the virus.. Call every person you have fhucked and advice them to go get themselves tested as well.. I say this because both guys I know that died of the virus both had a permanent fhuck buddies and I believe they must have infected them..

I wish you well and would advice you snap out of your depression and get pro-active.. Start researching on the virus.. Start saving money for Anti-retroviral drugs.. Keep checking your viral load and keep getting checkups.. With drugs and a healthy life style, you can beat this..

angry

prothelley:

if I tell you to go to a particular herbal treatment centre, it will seem am advertising. There are so many herbal clinics in naija, if the op is in naija. Get a good one and start treating. Keep testing after every 3mothns, even if you are tested at the clinic. Do your confirmatory test somewhere else yourself. All the best & quick recovery @ Op.

This advice is as good as doing this...

As far as we know, AIDS no get cure..
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 12, 2012
Mad Cow:

Are you for reals!!!..Like are you serious?!!! Like how are you coping?!

Anyways.. Here is a serious advice..

HIV is not a death sentence..

Infact, you can live a long life with the virus inside of you.. However, you would have to take medication for the rest of your life.
Hygene is now your mantra. All HIV does is rudeuce your immunity and allows other illnesses to attack and kill you. Even a treatable sickness like malaria could kill a HIV patient..

You will also need regular medical check up..

NOW!! I have two friends that have died of AIDs within the last 8 months.. Their problems were 1 sought to use alternative medicine to cure his, the other was hoping on God for a miracle and didnt bother with conventional medecine.. Please dont compromise on your medication at all.. You can even go ahead to make babies that are not HIV +ive with the recent advances in medicine..

Please dont allow yourself to become a spreader of the virus.. Call every person you have fhucked and advice them to go get themselves tested as well.. I say this because both guys I know that died of the virus both had a permanent fhuck buddies and I believe they must have infected them..

I wish you well and would advice you snap out of your depression and get pro-active.. Start researching on the virus.. Start saving money for Anti-retroviral drugs.. Keep checking your viral load and keep getting checkups.. With drugs and a healthy life style, you can beat this..

angry

This advice is as good as doing this...

As far as we know, AIDS no get cure..

Nodded! Indeed a Mad Cow.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Airforce11: 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hello NLDers, as promised, here are my test results. Maybe doctors and other professionals can make inference and comments from the test results. Waiting for expert analysis of the results.

i ll be going for my cd4 count test tomorrow. the result ll be posted here too.

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by MadCow1: 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
Airforce11: Hello NLDers, as promised, here are my test results. Maybe doctors and other professionals can make inference and comments from the test results. Waiting for expert analysis of the results.

You may wanna try and do a confirmatory test with another clinic.. #You stand to lose nothing! angry
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
For now, from your test results, you're in top shape apart from the HIV positive result. However, my minor concern is your lymphocyte count which though is within normal range, is on the high side of the normal range. It might infer that your white cells are trying to fight off the infection for now and you might not need any medication. But the condition for starting you on ART is the CD4 count.

Bros, don't go herbal. If they were genuine, do you think people wouldn't on their own recommend them with visible names and addresses? Someone here was saying try herbal that his relation was positive and bla bla bla, the question is this, WHO IS THIS PERSON THAT HAS DONE THIS WONDER? I know many patients who met a very painful end by patronizing the herbal dudes. With ALL due respect to them, I don't believe they have the cure.

Another thing for you bro is to ensure you religiously take your medication.

And LIVE a good healthy life.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by lillaowow(m): 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2012
Airforce11: Hello NLDers, as promised, here are my test results. Maybe doctors and other professionals can make inference and comments from the test results. Waiting for expert analysis of the results.

pls, do yu feel any kind of tinglings in your body?
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Airforce11: 5:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
josh4ever: For now, from your test results, you're in top shape apart from the HIV positive result. However, my minor concern is your lymphocyte count which though is within normal range, is on the high side of the normal range. It might infer that your white cells are trying to fight off the infection for now and you might not need any medication. But the condition for starting you on ART is the CD4 count.

Bros, don't go herbal. If they were genuine, do you think people wouldn't on their own recommend them with visible names and addresses? Someone here was saying try herbal that his relation was positive and bla bla bla, the question is this, WHO IS THIS PERSON THAT HAS DONE THIS WONDER? I know many patients who met a very painful end by patronizing the herbal dudes. With ALL due respect to them, I don't believe they have the cure.

Another thing for you bro is to ensure you religiously take your medication.

And LIVE a good healthy life.

Thanks for the professional advise you just gave here. My doctor who incidentally is my friend has even warned me to always sought for his advise before doing anything about my health. I trust him very much with his experience in the medical line, however, just getting more informed about the disease as he may not be able to give me all the details i ll want in a very short interval because of his busy schedules. i ll be going for my cd4 count tomorrow.

lillaowow:

pls, do yu feel any kind of tinglings in your body?

Not feeling anything as such except the periodical weakness i feel sometimes.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nonybb: 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
Thank God i hv done my TEST last week. Not because i had any illment but because i neva knEw my status since i was born and i was confirmed NEGATIVE!
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hello bro, @op. Like some posters have been sounding it, I'd also continue to sound it....." DON'T GO HERBAL", "DO NOT LISTEN TO PEOPLE OR ANY PASTOR OR GROUP OF PASTORS", who would say to you to quite your anti-retroviral and accepts healing by faith. BULLSHIT..... If you must go to the church for prayers, please continue to take your drugs. Keep your environment clean, don't drink tap water or if you must HEAT IT UP to over 100 degrees store and drink. The virus mainly weakens or kills your immune system, meaning that common headache can kill you, not to talk of contaminated water.
MAGIC JOHNSON (former nba mvp and a current billionaire) has lived with the disease for 22years. Here was interviewed a few months back on piers morgan tonight on cnn. The guy is as "huge as a bus", literally. Also don't go about telling everyone you have hiv, thinking that you'd attract sympathy...NO,NO,NO.....it would only lead you to "stigmatisation".
Stay healthy, leave cool and be happy. Ignorance kills faster than the disease sef.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by fio(m): 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
Just take it easy, u can get through it. U can still live longer than those without the disease:
1.stop thinking about the problem, pretend u have none(but offcourse u have none).
2.be social, have a lot of fun and be happy. Try to avoid high blood pressure, depression is a problem on it's own, always smile and laugh and dont associate wit things or people that will make u unhappy. Dont listen to bad news dont watch tragedic movies.
3.dont spend too much of ur time working, dont overwork urself, avoid stress
4.eat very well, u can contact ur doctor to make food plans for u, dont eat strange food, be very clean.
5.stick very well to ur drug and take it as discribed by ur doctor, dont abuse the drug.
6.dont be far from ur doctor
7.dont be far from ur God.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by stevewale(m): 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
My bro (@ OP) I hardly comments on thread but I have to do this to sincerely
doused ur tension and fear. I slept with a lady who got pregnant for me and later confessed that she is HIV+... I felt like that my world has torn apart but she keeps insisting that I can't contract it from her.
I wonder what's giving her that courage until I followed her to a teaching hospital where I was told I'm Negative. I don't believe the report cos of what I've done with dat lady (e.g sucking her pussy, breast, etc).
I had to re-confirm in 4 different hospitals in two states. All the results were Negative. This happens four years ago. Though the lady lost the pregnancy at the sixth month cos she was too exposed to mosquitoes and malaria came in.
She was so sick and lost the pregnancy. Since I do check my status every six months. My last result of April is still negative.
Why I've said all that is to tell u that ♈̷̴̩☺ΰ should pls don't sentence your self to untimely death with thinking. Don't yarn for sympathy from people as they will make ur life more miserable with their stigma. U can live ur normal life, have negative
children, wife and so on. The most important thing is dat always take ur medications daily. If u are traveling just wrap like few in paper. Don't expose urself more than necessary.
A lot of people u re seeing are Positive but don't disclose to people that they are PLWH. You're better of the person that don't know his or her status.
Pls feel alive again... Enjoy ur self and live a normal life. Even ordinary malaria is worst than HIV. Kidney failure too is worst than it.
I lost contact with that lady cos she traveled abroad. I've made my mind to marry her after knowing much abt the ailment. I used to follow her to clinic on her
Appointment days. I beg nothing do u.
As for others who are yet to go for the test pls and ple take the bold step now. E no dey show for face o. Don't let it break u down before u know ur status.
One love

3 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Princessaleeza: 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
Pls if u re goin for Hiv test make sure u re tested for Hepatisis 2 cos it also a killer diseases wc many pple dont no abt it yet.It damage d liver.So i pray God shud heal us from every sickness & diseases IJN.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Screwface(m): 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
Sir,am glad you have a medical personnel as friend,it means he'l definately put you on the right track.
My only advice is centered around your drug usage-if/when you would be deemed right to use it. I pray it's not anytime soon though.
Use it RELIGIOUSLY!
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Airforce11: 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
thanks all for the wise counsels and encouragement[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Dukeofgarri: 8:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
myike2: Bro, please share it with everyone here. Some people here are HIV positive as well, but are afrais/ashamed 2say it. So, please share with us this herbal cure, or how to reach the person who cured your relative. You just may save some souls. Thanks.
he is lying. read this.
http://www.nigeria-aids.org/reports.cfm?read=1
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
@OP
I'm sorry to hear that have human immunodeficiency virus, but as everyone else said, it's not a death sentence as long as you take you antiretroviral medication. Taking your medication does not mean you don't have faith in God. In fact, it shows that you recognize God has already given us the answer by providing knowledge for doctors and scientists to create the drugs that that keep the disease at bay. Pardon me if I'm over stepping, but I think you and "applelady" should think about meeting and seeing if you two might be compatible. At the very least, you could offer each other support. Blessings.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom / What Coca-cola Does To Your Penis Will Shock You / #NoBraDay Video Of A Busty, Slim Slay Queen With 'Heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.