Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive (110562 Views)

I Am HIV Positive And Illegal Immigrant: Advise Please / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Go Down)

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by toluwalase2: 7:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
Airforce11:

How did you know that, he's hiv+. I'm equally positive without any form of tingling in my body. If he is positive has he started taking ARVs. Infact, i ll advise he post his personal feelings here by himself rather than you doing the bidding for him. I'm saying this because there re some questions that may be asked that you may not be able to answer for him. He may use a pseudo name to hide his identity.
pls reply my mail.thanks.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Airforce11: 5:59pm On Nov 15, 2012
tolu_walase: pls reply my mail.thanks.
tolu_walase: i'm still finding it difficult to believe that I'm HIV positive.I have been told to go to A̶̲̥̅ general hospital F♠Я̩̥̊ a confirmatory test but I don't even know how to go about it.what wl I say I want to do when I get there? please help

Firstly, its a good idea you went for test to determine your status. This ll determine on the next step for you to take. if it turns out positive as you said, its very necessary to do another test to authenticate your status which is called confirmatory test. There are some test centres that does not have the equipment for the confirmatory test, hence you are referred to a clinic or hospital that has such facility. Normally, your are given a referral letter to the clinic where you can go for such test.

In my case, the clinic where i did my first test also did the confirmatory test.

let me say that, even if you are confirmed positive, nothing to worry about since you cannot change anything about it. Follow the doctor's and counsellors advise strictly and you ll even look much healthier than even people who are negative. You ll live a normal life like any other person walking the streets.

By the way, its not everybody that is confirmed positive that is placed on Anti Retroviral (ARVs)Drugs except when your CD4 counts go below 350 that you ll be placed on ARVs. However, you ll be advised to be on immune booster drugs and healthy living style.

I hope this ll give you some guide. You can also google about it to get more information about the illness.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by SweetLola: 6:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
Please make sure your previous sex partners know

If you are scared of being harmed please tell them anonymously. In the United Kingdom and USA also the clinic / hospital ask you to list name and contact details of all your sex partners if you have any STD (not just HIV) they then contact them to ask them to get tested because one of tehir sexual partners has tested positive for an STD (they don't even specify which)

If we don't have the same service here in Nigeria then please contact them e.g from an anonymous email address etc ...it will help to stop the disease from spreading and you might save a few lives

na2day!:

Ol Boy be careful of the above advice o!
Please read

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200564/Cicely-Bolden-Man-stabs-girlfriend-death-telling-HIV-sex.html

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by toluwalase2: 11:59am On Nov 16, 2012
Airforce11:

Firstly, its a good idea you went for test to determine your status. This ll determine on the next step for you to take. if it turns out positive as you said, its very necessary to do another test to authenticate your status which is called confirmatory test. There are some test centres that does not have the equipment for the confirmatory test, hence you are referred to a clinic or hospital that has such facility. Normally, your are given a referral letter to the clinic where you can go for such test.

In my case, the clinic where i did my first test also did the confirmatory test.

let me say that, even if you are confirmed positive, nothing to worry about since you cannot change anything about it. Follow the doctor's and counsellors advise strictly and you ll even look much healthier than even people who are negative. You ll live a normal life like any other person walking the streets.

By the way, its not everybody that is confirmed positive that is placed on Anti Retroviral (ARVs)Drugs except when your CD4 counts go below 350 that you ll be placed on ARVs. However, you ll be advised to be on immune booster drugs and healthy living style.

I hope this ll give you some guide. You can also google about it to get more information about the illness.
thanks airforce I wasn't given any referral letter. I did d test in A̶̲̥̅ lab.D first time I did an HIV test was 3yrs ago and was negative.I met my ex some months after then.To be sincere with Ɣou we were on Condoms F♠Я̩̥̊ some time before we started doing flesh to flesh.D relationship lasted F♠Я̩̥̊ three years before I got to know I was not d only one he's dating.we broke up and just felt like knowing my status when I read ur story.all my dreams have been shattered.pls could u tell me A̶̲̥̅ Centre I can go? F♠Я̩̥̊
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Airforce11: 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
tolu_walase: thanks airforce I wasn't given any referral letter. I did d test in A̶̲̥̅ lab.D first time I did an HIV test was 3yrs ago and was negative.I met my ex some months after then.To be sincere with Ɣou we were on Condoms F♠Я̩̥̊ some time before we started doing flesh to flesh.D relationship lasted F♠Я̩̥̊ three years before I got to know I was not d only one he's dating.we broke up and just felt like knowing my status when I read ur story.all my dreams have been shattered.pls could u tell me A̶̲̥̅ Centre I can go? F♠Я̩̥̊

Please do not allow this weigh you down. Its just normal for anyone hearing his/her positive status for the first time and be worried. However this should not stop you from living your normal life and actualising your dreams. There are several centres where you can do your confirmatory test but very sure you would be asked to do another status test before confirmatory if you go to a private or government hospital. The tests in government hospitals are free of charge but do not know where you are based.

if you are within Abuja, i would be able to guide you since i'm based there but outside Abuja not too sure. However, other nairalanders can direct you if you disclose just your location.

Waiting for your response.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by toluwalase2: 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2012
Airforce11:

Please do not allow this weigh you down. Its just normal for anyone hearing his/her positive status for the first time and be worried. However this should not stop you from living your normal life and actualising your dreams. There are several centres where you can do your confirmatory test but very sure you would be asked to do another status test before confirmatory if you go to a private or government hospital. The tests in government hospitals are free of charge but do not know where you are based.

if you are within Abuja, i would be able to guide you since i'm based there but outside Abuja not too sure. However, other nairalanders can direct you if you disclose just your location.

I live and work in Lagos.very close to ikeja but I don't like the idea of going to A̶̲̥̅ General Hospital. Tђξ crowd and it's close to where I stay
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by tinuolababy(f): 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
it is well. The best place to go is the general hospital u r running away from

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by omoharry(f): 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2012
God help us
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by teekayo(m): 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
Pls where can I get a PEP... I had a broken condom issue yesterday and had semen in me.....I'm in lagos. Pls respond
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Burger01(m): 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
teekayo: Pls where can I get a PEP... I had a broken condom issue yesterday and had semen in me.....I'm in lagos. Pls respond
PEP could only applied withing 72hrs. Go to any general hospital or NIMR at Yaba and explain to a doctor.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by liftemeupolord: 11:35am On Feb 02, 2013
Airforce11:

I am a young graduate. Was tested positive oct 30th. Well am geting along with it. But my challenge is getting married. My fiance is negative I proposed to her a week b4 I got to knw my status. Again how do I was tested to have type A&B at d same time. But my CD4 count was 465. Its has not been easy. Again I am propering for nysc. What do I do. Is there a team dat handles /manage people with such cases there in d camp ? For now am in Abuja where do u advice I go for treatment.@ airforce thanks
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by buchibabe: 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hmmmn! I always thought I was going to avoid dis test for life because of d fear accompanied wit it,but alas I had to do it,when I got pregnant. Infact its a must now for preggy women to do d test so dat if ur hiv+ u can commence treatment as soon as possible so as not to pass it down to d baby
On my first antenatal appointment,when d doc wrote down d various tests I had to do,I almost fainted when I saw hiv test on d list.

Infact I intentionally delayed doing d test,because I wasn't too sure of d outcome. U can nevar be too sure of such tin,no mata how decent or responsible u are. Even if u haave only one partner,how sure are u dt ur one partner doesn't hav anoda partner outside,who in turn has anoda.....and d list goes on and on.

But atlast,I had to sign d death warrant in my mind and go for d test,atleast if nt for me,bt for d sake of my baby.
O mennnnnn!!! D waiting game no be moimoi o. I died a million times while waiting .

And I eventually went for d result,but to d glory of God it came out negative
Wallahi,I almost testified in church abt it o. Its not funny at all.

So OP,take heart. God is on ur side. He will c u thru. U won't die untimely. Just stick To ur medications and all wil be well.

Shallom

5 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by LadyWinona: 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2013
^^@buchibabe, I think u meant to say that the test was found NEGATIVE, cos if it were positive, u wldnt be exhilarated

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by LadyWinona: 8:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
^^@buchibabe, I think u meant to say that the test was found NEGATIVE, cos if it were positive, u wldnt be this exhilarated
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by buchibabe: 11:30am On Feb 06, 2013
Lady Winona: ^^@buchibabe, I think u meant to say that the test was found NEGATIVE, cos if it were positive, u wldnt be this exhilarated

Yes o. Its negative.dat was a mistake
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by omoharry(f): 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
Where can one find a support group and what do they really do there?

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Chinwem(f): 2:10am On Feb 09, 2013
This thread is very encouraging
OP keep up your positive attitude ,it will take you very far

oge4real: @Op, please I dont want to talk much as you have been given good advice already. Please, I beg you, disregard the advice to take septrin daily!
I really wonder how someone claiming to be a doctor will be prescribing antibiotics online for any reason whatsoever,even after ranting about drug resistance and ish.
Even though you may be immunocompromised, please endeavor that you completely avoid self medication. Do not take any drug except with the outright approval of a "qualified" physician, not even panadol.(you will better off with a doctor from a teaching hospital or Federal Medical centre as these establishments employ the best and have experienced hands.
Goodluck and remember that Michael Jordan is still alive and kicking after many years.

Daily septrin is standard protocol, ok?
I understand your point about him not taking medications not prescribed by his doctor
But her advice was totally in order
This is standard practice everywhere, evidence based medicine

I wonder how HIV positive patients cope sometimes
I once attended a seminar on HIV and TB for a whole week
They really need extra care and compassion
And the HIV clinics have to be extra sensitive to this
Me thinks the hardest part of the disease is the stigma
If care is not taken it can actually discourage clients from coming for their medications
If somebody wakes up and thinks today is the day I need to go for more drugs
Then remembers the judging looks/attitudes at the clinic
He might just lie in bed and not bother
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by lovabouy(m): 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2013
Never mind. I wont collect a dime 4rm u. But i will take u to place where will get free text and after the text u will buy the product that works like magic. U wont believe untill u c it. Just call me 08183342464
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Airforce11: 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
liftemeupolord :
I am a young graduate. Was tested positive oct 30th. Well am geting along with it. But my challenge is getting married. My fiance is negative I proposed to her a week b4 I got to knw my status. Again how do I was tested to have type A&B at d same time. But my CD4 count was 465. Its has not been easy. Again I am propering for nysc. What do I do. Is there a team dat handles /manage people with such cases there in d camp ? For now am in Abuja where do u advice I go for treatment.@ airforce thanks

@Poster, tank God u discovered ur status a bit early. Pls visit any govt hospital in abj and run d test again. once its confirmed positive u ll be referred 2d centre taking care of such cases. There are enough counsellors who ll advise you on hw to live ur normal life from professional point of view. With d counsellors who re very friendly n professional in their duties, they ll b ready 2 entertain any kind of question that bothers you.

Pls u hv 2 do that asap. Since u re in abj, u can visit Asokoro general hospital, or national hospital. i'm very sure, other hospitals also deal with such issues. These re d hospitals i hv visited and ur case wud b treated with all confidentiality. I know of a very good counsellor n lab professional in Asokoro general hospital, u can reach her anytime for advise. Bt i cant give u her phone no here. You can reach me on airforce1911@yahoo.com 2 enable give u her contact.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by applelady(f): 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
tolu_walase: I live and work in Lagos.very close to ikeja but I don't like the idea of going to A̶̲̥̅ General Hospital. Tђξ crowd and it's close to where I stay

You can go to LUTH at least it not close to where you stay, I go there, people minds there business and everyting is organised.

1 Like

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by applelady(f): 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
liftemeupolord :

That's †ђξ same problem I'm facing now, how to disclose my status to my guy though I don't even know his status but cos of his lifestyle is believe he I negative, I don't S̤̥̈̊ι̥ǝ̥ǝ̥ρ̥ at night again cos of too much worry, initially I was cool with it but now I'm getting worried and its seriously affecting my health, I don't know what to do.

2 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by buchibabe: 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
applelady:

That's †ђξ same problem I'm facing now, how to disclose my status to my guy though I don't even know his status but cos of his lifestyle is believe he I negative, I don't S̤̥̈̊ι̥ǝ̥ǝ̥ρ̥ at night again cos of too much worry, initially I was cool with it but now I'm getting worried and its seriously affecting my health, I don't know what to do.

My sister,I know its not easy pretending not to be worried,but worrying can't solve d problem at all. U need to relax urself so it won't affect ur health so badly.pls try all u can to push it behind u,go for ur counselling and medication as soon as possible. All hope isn't lost at all.
I watched a documentary recently about a 42 year old woman in d states,who is hiv positive ,bt dis woman is so beautiful,sexy,and looks so so healthy. Even looks more well fed dan those living witout d virus.
And concerning ur fiance,I know also exacyly how difficult it is to break d news to him....but I think he should know so he can go for his own test.
Hiv is nt d end of d road for u,women living wit d virus still have babies though thru ceasarean section.
Pls d earlier d beta,stop worrying so dnt get badly depresses,frm observations,its d worry dt kills fast not d viru.
Its well wit u. Shallom
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Airforce11: 7:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
liftemeupolord :
applelady:

y don't u guys try to hook up.

6 Likes

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by applelady(f): 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
grin cheesy grin grin, Airforce are you match making, the guy is inlove with his girl naa no time to look at another girl HIV or not.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by plendil: 11:01am On Feb 24, 2013
wow! this is a very touching thread. and I'm just seeing it for the first time. if you have any issue relating to the managemnt of AIDS felel free to post
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by liftemeupolord: 8:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
applelady:

dont let it worry u. If not u will worsen ur situation. Try to go to good clinic and start treatment. Above belive in God for there is nothing he cannot do. Take care.
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Airforce11: 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2013
applelady: grin cheesy grin grin, Airforce are you match making, the guy is inlove with his girl naa no time to look at another girl HIV or not.

I'm not a match maker but it would be appropriate for people with similar state come together and encourage themselves and fight it head-on. if I was not married and discovered my status as positive, I would prefer someone with similar status because she ll understand better. I know you re already inloved with somebody so does LIFTMEUPOLORD but you guys can link up and become friends. this ll enable u to encourage each other. I have some female friends who re equally positive, we talk from time to time and this encourages us alot. If I was not married, I would have gladly danced to the alter with one of them.
I don't know how u guys ll start it bt something should be started.
liftemeupolord :
dont let it worry u. If not u will worsen ur situation. Try to go to good clinic and start treatment. Above belive in God for there is nothing he cannot do. Take care.

That's. what I just talked about, the encouragement and support that all of us need at this point in our lives. lucky for me, I have a wife who is negative n she understands and support me alot. However, I know it wouldnt be easier if we were single, I wud have jst stylishly take a walk or tell her to look for someone else.
Applelady, please do not allow this to weigh you down. God ll always direct our hearts to take the right step in handling situation like this.

I LOVE U ALL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 4:05am On Feb 28, 2013
Airforce11:

I'm not a match maker but it would be appropriate for people with similar state come together and encourage themselves and fight it head-on. if I was not married and discovered my status as positive, I would prefer someone with similar status because she ll understand better. I know you re already inloved with somebody so does LIFTMEUPOLORD but you guys can link up and become friends. this ll enable u to encourage each other. I have some female friends who re equally positive, we talk from time to time and this encourages us alot. If I was not married, I would have gladly danced to the alter with one of them.
I don't know how u guys ll start it bt something should be started.

That's. what I just talked about, the encouragement and support that all of us need at this point in our lives. lucky for me, I have a wife who is negative n she understands and support me alot. However, I know it wouldnt be easier if we were single, I wud have jst stylishly take a walk or tell her to look for someone else.
Applelady, please do not allow this to weigh you down. [size=18pt]God ll always direct our hearts to take the right step in handling situation like this. [/size]

I LOVE U ALL

Amen!! so true!!

I admire your courage and strength!!
you are truly inspirational. kiss
Re: Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive by Nobody: 4:07am On Feb 28, 2013
Chanchit:

Moderator, pls ban this imbeci-le.

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12)

This Is How Snakes Get Into Your Toilet Sink And Bathroom / What Coca-cola Does To Your Penis Will Shock You / #NoBraDay Video Of A Busty, Slim Slay Queen With 'Heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.