Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,287 members, 7,846,314 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? (1255 Views)

Some Silly Ways Guys Act When A Lady Turns Them Down / 10 Ways Shy Guys Act When They Have A Crush / Why Do Guys Act Exceptionally Nice To Pretty Girls? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 12, 2012
Hello guys n pretty ladies in the house, am currently writing a book on Male Psychology. It is not an academic book per se! And I intend to make it as reader-friendly as possible.

Ladies especially, if there is anything you would love to know or understand about male habits, obsessions n stereotype behaviour, feel free to ask.

Guyz, u can as well help me respond to these questions. Feel free to be opinionated.
I'll also tend to d questions to d best of my "shrink" ability. Remember, this will go a long way to aid my writing. Am in dire need of fresh perspective!!
Jah bless u all as u contribute!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by k2039: 8:34am On Sep 12, 2012
You can only write a book when you have lived a book.
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Acidosis(m): 8:45am On Sep 12, 2012
I act the way I do because I want to act that way.. It is my life.
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 12, 2012
k2039: You can only write a book when you have lived a book.

Wot exactly r u saying bro? Trying not to get u out of context!!

Acidosis: I act the way I do because I want to act that way.. It is my life.

U sure do!! As a man!!
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by MadCow1: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2012

Nuff said.. angry
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by k2039: 9:52am On Sep 12, 2012
I meant you can only write about what has worked for you(you are writing what you Ve lived)
something more practical that you can atest to and not theories.
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by MadCow1: 9:54am On Sep 12, 2012
k2039:
I meant you can only write about what has worked for you(you are writing what you Ve lived)
something more practical that you can atest to and not theories.

EXPERIENCE.. He can only write a book like this based on personal experince angry
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 12, 2012
Our behaviour (both males and females here) are determined by two very powerful forces. Our evolutionary programming and our social programming.

I don't have strength to type. However, the short of it:

Evolutionary: inseminate as many fertile chics as possible.

Social: Be a good-boy, moronic, chivalrous woman wrapper.

Google is your friend wink.
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 12, 2012
Richfella: Our behaviour (both males and females here) are determined by two very powerful forces. Our evolutionary programming and our social programming.

I don't have strength to type. However, the short of it:

Evolutionary: inseminate as many fertile chics as possible.

Social: Be a good-boy, moronic, chivalrous woman wrapper.

Google is your friend wink.

The long n short of it in a way, as regards progeny!!! But there sure is more to Men!! Even beyond d macho/aggression stereotype!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by k2039: 10:21am On Sep 12, 2012
Mad Cow:

EXPERIENCE.. He can only write a book like this based on personal experince angry

Trust me I read the thread hastily,the other time,just gone through it.
Male Psychology(initially I thought it had to do with dating and asking girls out)

I was wrong
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by MadCow1: 10:28am On Sep 12, 2012
k2039:

Trust me I read the thread hastily,the other time,just gone through it.
Male Psychology(initially I thought it had to do with dating and asking girls out)

I was wrong

I dont think you are.. You cant write on the psychology of men if you dont fully grasp the way the psychology of men work. For you to do so, it has to be that you are writing from experience, from research or from your studies (ie. you are a graduate of Male psychology from XXXX univeristy).
Any opinion drawn from any other source other than the abouve listed is fiction and hearsay, hence is of no use to anybody.angry

He is asking for a fresh perspective so that means he lacks direction on the book and leads me to question his authority to even be writing such a book in the first place.
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by k2039: 10:36am On Sep 12, 2012
Mad Cow:

I dont think you are.. You cant write on the psychology of men if you dont fully grasp the way the psychology of men work. For you to do so, it has to be that you are writing from experience, from research or from your studies (ie. you are a graduate of Male psychology from XXXX univeristy).
Any opinion drawn from any other source other than the abouve listed is fiction and hearsay, hence is of no use to anybody.angry

He is asking for a fresh perspective so that means he lacks direction on the book and leads me to question his authority to even be writing such a book in the first place.

Ok Sir
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by bknight: 10:55am On Sep 12, 2012
Why do guys act the way they do:
In realting with others or in their personal pursuits
Emotionally
Psychologically
Socially
Spiritually
In Marital affairs
Financially
At work with their jobs
Etc

The way u act stems from d way u think, so this shld take u on a journey to d man's mind. The rationale behind his philosophy towards life in general. Does a guy's experiences shape d way he acts or d way he acts determines his experiences? If so, are there experiences peculiar to guys? and how do they react to such occurrences. Bla bla & blah undecided
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 12, 2012
Mad Cow:

Lol!!! Do I need an Msc in psychology to know why I am more into football than ladies? Why as a kid, i tot it "sissy" to play with gurls n dolls? Come on man!!!
As I said in my post, this isn't an academic book! It is a fun book. Am having fun with d society's perception of males, n how I relate to it! And I think ur only aim here is to throw mud all over that! Plz stop it!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by MadCow1: 11:00am On Sep 12, 2012
bknight: Why do guys act the way they do:
Emotionally
Psychologically
Socially
Spiritually
In Marital affairs
Financially
At work with their jobs
Etc

The way u act stems from d way u think, so this shld take u on a journey to d man's mind. The rationale behind his philosophy towards life in general. Does a guy's experiences shape d way he acts or d way he acts determines his experiences? If so, are their experiences peculiar to guys? and how do they react to such occurrences. Bla bla & blah undecided

Factors that affect the way a MAN (or any human being devoid of sex) acts, thinks, behaves, responds and relates with are so many;

1. Genetics..

2. Environment

3. Peer influence

4. Family upbringing

5. History

6. Emotions

7. Hormones

8. Perspective

9. Faith

10. Culture

11. Societal norms

12. AND THE LIST GOES ON!!

Ask for me, I think its the 'Mad Cow disease'..
angry
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:06am On Sep 12, 2012
Why do men kill?
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2012
bknight: Why do guys act the way they do:
Emotionally
Psychologically
Socially
Spiritually
In Marital affairs
Financially
At work with their jobs
Etc

The way u act stems from d way u think, so this shld take u on a journey to d man's mind. The rationale behind his philosophy towards life in general. Does a guy's experiences shape d way he acts or d way he acts determines his experiences? If so, are there experiences peculiar to guys? and how do they react to such occurrences. Bla bla & blah undecided

Yes, u r getting somewhere!! For months now, I have been taking notes, observing people in real life n online forums!!

Simple question: why r most males obsessed with having male offspring?
Answer: the male's desire for immortality! *.....then u'll want to know how n why......!*

#u copy?
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 12, 2012
ArQueBusieR: Why do men kill?

Too ambiguous!!! Why not ask why do men poo?

Generally living things kill to survive! Either their victim is food or a threat!!!
However, serial killers may kill to feel powerful or to feel relevant(by making news)!
Be more specific!!!
#Why r most males homophobic, yet homo-social??
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by MadCow1: 11:23am On Sep 12, 2012
nchewi:

Yes, u r getting somewhere!! For months now, I have been taking notes, observing people in real life n online forums!!

Simple question: why r most males obsessed with having male offspring?
Answer: the male's desire for immortality! *.....then u'll want to know how n why......!*

#u copy?

The answer to this question is not as simple as you think..

Culture, Society, Beliefs, Tradition, Family, Upbringing, faith e.t.c all combine to play a part in this..

Male children dont guarantee immortality or suggest immortality in anyway.. Maybe continuity of 'Name' but definitely not immortality.

angry
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by MadCow1: 11:26am On Sep 12, 2012
nchewi:

Generally living things kill to survive! Either their victim is food or a threat!!!
However, serial killers may kill to feel powerful or to feel relevant(by making news)!
Be more specific!!!

A question like this needs to be supported by a poll that suggests the MOST (emphasis on most) males are homophobes.. I am a guy, but I am definitely not homophobic. Infact, I do have a few gay friends. angry
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 12, 2012
Mad Cow:

The answer to this question is not as simple as you think..

Culture, Society, Beliefs, Tradition, Family, Upbringing, faith e.t.c all combine to play a part in this..

Male children dont guarantee immortality or suggest immortality in anyway.. Maybe continuity of 'Name' but definitely not immortality.

angry

Yes! Immortality!!! U die, but ur name, pedigree and lineage lives on!! Then u'll wonder, does d female child not bear d male's genes?.....
And of course I won't write out a full sub-head here!! I was just giving my broda there a clue of how d questions should be asked, n how d answers should come!!

Look, I just want to see if someone will bring up a virgin area that am yet to write about!

#don't be too serious! Am not stereotyping males!!
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 12, 2012
Mad Cow:

A question like this needs to be supported by a poll that suggests the MOST (emphasis on most) males are homophobes.. I am a guy, but I am definitely not homophobic. Infact, I do have a few gay friends. angry

I am not homophobic either!! But how would u feel if u r seated next to a friend who stylishly places his palm on ur thighs! Wot tots would flood ur mind @ dat moment?
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hmm...I'd say it's the personality. It could be inherent or adapted.
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
fluid26: Hmm...I'd say it's the personality. It could be inherent or adapted.

Of course bro! Woteva u make of ur life, automatically becomes ur life!!!

#do u know dat certain habits like cigarette smoking helps males socialize n fraternize easier in a new environment? Why is that??
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
Where the ladies @ na??
Do u know dat for a second or two after intercourse, the male's psyche disconnects from d female? While d female may desire to be cuddled, d male may rather prefer to roll over n doze off or walk across d room n lit a cigarette!! More like mission accomplished!! Why is dat??
#forget exhaustion & all that!!!
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Euroclydon(m): 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
In response to stimuli... When u act opposite of that response,u are a strong man! e.g, u see a fine lady and instead of complimenting her as other guys would do,yab her and u will get her attention.

https://www.nairaland.com/1045869/10-most-dangerous-mistakes-men make
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
nchewi:

Generally living things kill to survive! Either their victim is food or a threat !!!
Be more specific!!!
Which of the highlighted are you to Boko Haram?
Re: Why Do Guys Act The Way They Do? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 13, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
Which of the highlighted are you to Boko Haram?

They are seeking relevance!!! But ArQueBusieR, u r most likely a threat to them!! Take ur eyes off their yanrinya!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Choose Only One! / How To Deal With Loneliness / How Do I Identify A Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.