Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,434 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati (11118 Views)

Akpabio: I Returned From The Land Of The Dead, PMB Called Me While In Hospital / Buhari’s Schedule Shocks Aso Rock Staff / ‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by naptu2: 4:10am On Sep 13, 2012
[size=14pt]Why Jonathan returned ahead of schedule –Presidency[/size]

September 13, 2012 by Olalekan Adetayo

The Presidency on Wednesday explained that President Goodluck Jonathan returned to Nigeria from his two-nation visit to Malawi and Botswana on Tuesday, a day ahead of his scheduled return, because he accomplished his missions earlier than expected.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, said this in an interview with our correspondent.

Abati had in a statement on Saturday said the President would return to Abuja on Wednesday after his visits to the two countries.

But the President returned on Tuesday evening fuelling speculation over the state of health of his wife, Patience, who is believed to be undergoing treatment in a German hospital.

But the presidential spokesman said there was no hard and fast rule about the duration of working visits such as the one Jonathan embarked upon.

He insisted that the President left Botswana after he had exhausted all the agenda on the second leg of the trip, having earlier visited Malawi.

He said, “There is no hard and fast rule about the duration of working visits. It is determined by what the two leaders decide when they meet. There is no rule that it must run its course.

“When we got to Botswana on Tuesday, President Jonathan had a tete-a-tete with the Botswana leader. They also had a bilateral meeting which bothered on mining, agriculture, trade and investment, arts and culture as well as the need to revive the Nigeria-Botswana Bilateral Commission.

“The President visited the mine in the country and had an interaction with Nigerians resident in that country.

“With that, his job was done. He left the country because he had done all he ought to do.

“There was supposed to be a business forum today (Wednesday) where ministers of the two countries will meet. Having delegated assignment to ministers, the President did not need to wait till today (Wednesday).

“He left because he had done his parts.”

Abati added that as at Wednesday, five ministers directly involved in the talks in Botswana were still in that country.

The ministers, according to him, are those of Agricultural Resources, Steel Development, Foreign Affairs (State), Culture and Tourism as well as Trade and Investment.

Meanwhile, independent investigation conducted by our correspondent showed that the President’s early return to the country was not in connection with Patience’s alleged ill-health.

Unlike what would be obtainable if he was disturbed, Jonathan entered the Council Chamber venue of the Federal Executive Council meeting on Wednesday at exactly 10am, to the surprise of members and journalists.

Most times, the meeting does not start until about 30 minutes behind schedule.

http://www.punchng.com/news/why-jonathan-returned-ahead-of-schedule-presidency/
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by dasparrow: 4:19am On Sep 13, 2012
@Post

I can't trust anything Abati says anymore because Abati lies too much. This is how Abati lied that Dame Patience Jonathan is not sick and that she is on vacation to take a rest. Then it turns out that Patience Jonathan is sick and is in Germany for treatment while GEJ is upset because someone leaked the information of his wife's illness to the press. So Abati, go and see down somewhere with your lying tongue!

4 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by excondido(m): 8:21am On Sep 13, 2012
The presidents media team has sunk to a low low. Smack of half truths.....that is their new normal.

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by ndala(m): 9:13am On Sep 13, 2012
excondido: The presidents media team has sunk to a low low. Smack of half truths.....that is their new normal.
i dey really pity our president d man dun suffer cry cry cry cry
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Chikebrain: 9:14am On Sep 13, 2012
Oga Seun why cant i post comments on the Computer section when i can see other people's comments. when i try to comment, it tells me "You cannot do that right now. Please try again in a few hours." for the past two days now. Try and do something about it
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by omenziate(m): 9:15am On Sep 13, 2012
The same Abati dat said she went to rest or wasn't sick in d first place? Make we dey see as dis action film dey unfold.
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Sijo01(f): 9:17am On Sep 13, 2012
The guy was missing his cassavabread undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Ibangap(m): 9:18am On Sep 13, 2012
And why should i believe u dis time?
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Neftanga: 9:19am On Sep 13, 2012
It Is nOt aLwAyS tHe pReRoGaTiVe oF tHe GoVt tO aLwAYs tElL tHe tRuTh.
AlL GoVtS aRe sHrOuDeD iN mYsTeRiEs aNd nAtIoNaL sEcUrItY iSsUeS. It iS a wOrLd-wIdE pRaCtIce tHaT eVeN fOi lAwS cAn NoT cIrCuMvEnT!!!!.
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 13, 2012
What da hell is wrong with someone being ill? Am i missing something here? Why is admission of ill health such a big effing deal?

Awon alagbara Nigeria yi sha, their heads are always in cuckoo land undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by SamMilla1(m): 9:22am On Sep 13, 2012
Dear Mr. Abati, unfortunately Nigerians dont trust you anymore. I dont want to start pointing out your numerous lies

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Neftanga: 9:23am On Sep 13, 2012
Chikebrain: Oga Seun why cant i post comments on the Computer section when i can see other people's comments. when i try to comment, it tells me "You cannot do that right now. Please try again in a few hours." for the past two days now. Try and do something about it

HeHeHeHe,,.... DuDe, yOu gOt bAnNeD!!. ClIcK oN uR nAmE aNd yOu mAy fInD oUt wHy!!. PrOlLy bY oNe pYgUrU? I aLsO eXpErIeNcEd tHe sAmE tHiNg,iN mY cAsE, tHe rOmAnCe sEcTiOn!!
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Odinaka00(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2012
Who is abati?
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Gbawe: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2012
ndala: i dey really pity our president d man dun suffer cry cry cry cry

grin grin grin grin grin GEJ , Abati, Okupe et al must all get serious palpitation everyday when they click to read the 'latest' in saharareporters.com.

See as the insecure lot are always rushing to 'neutralize' and refute everything saharareporters write. Choi !!! An insecure Presidency being dangled like a yoyo by, essentially, bloggers.

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by 4reigningqueen: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2012
i thought they said adults dont lie undecided
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2012
Okay,next please!
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2012
I admire GEJ with every passing day. He is the man I voted for and I am 100% proud of how he is performing. I am proud to be Nigerian in my mental acumen.

1 Like

Ok. I wish her quick recovery. I'm now pitying Jonathan. It is not easy to be Nigerias president at a time social platform,online media outlets had given people opportunity to express their mind. We've tried insult but it isnt working. I think we should start commending Gudluck for the little achievement he has made; electoral reformation, corruption exposures among others. I sincerely suggest we stood by him and encourage him instead of hauling pile of insults on him. It aint working and our undue hatred for him wil make us loose our sence of compasion,humanity which makes us no different from Boko boys. May Patience get well IJN. Amen

12 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 13, 2012
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by wandeay: 9:27am On Sep 13, 2012
Season 1 Episode 1 Jonathan left ahead of schedule.
Episode 2 Abati announces why he left.
WATCH OUT FOR EPISODE 3&4
Episode 3 Jonathan left Nigeria for Germany.
Episode 4 Dame in critical condition.
Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by FKseun(m): 9:32am On Sep 13, 2012
grin grin grin This is what the Yorubas call "AWADA KERI KERI"
Is the First Lady not human? What is wrong in telling the citizens that she is ill and recuperating? I wonder what gets into the heads of leaders in Aso Rock. The late Yar Adua's case started this way. And I remember President Jonathan complaining that he was kept in the dark. We are all here waiting...

2 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by acidtalk: 9:33am On Sep 13, 2012
Must you FOOLS always have excuse and respond to every trivial rumor.
Its obvious abati is nonprofessional and jonathan's government is petty and jobless.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by superior1: 9:33am On Sep 13, 2012
The more they tried to cover up, the obvious their deceit.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 13, 2012
We can`t wait to see when the truth comes out.
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by justokey(m): 9:34am On Sep 13, 2012
What do you guys really want to hear? That Patience is dead??
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by sherrylo: 9:38am On Sep 13, 2012
I beg make una left our presido jare
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Delafruita(m): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2012
Chikebrain: Oga Seun why cant i post comments on the Computer section when i can see other people's comments. when i try to comment, it tells me "You cannot do that right now. Please try again in a few hours." for the past two days now. Try and do something about it
you have been banned either by pyguru or the mod.check your profile for confirmation
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 13, 2012
Lie lie people! If God were to punish the biggest liar in nigeria, it would definitely be Reuben Abati! The guy has bagged a Phd in Lie Management. Smh undecided
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 13, 2012
Just see how fast this guy has lost credibility. How do you continue at such a job? Na wa o sad
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by desthan(m): 9:46am On Sep 13, 2012
hmmm. . . abati, another Andooka. . .
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by misreal(m): 9:47am On Sep 13, 2012
[quote
author=Chikebrain]Oga Seun why cant i post comments on the Computer
section when i can see other people's comments. when i try to comment,
it tells me "You cannot do that right now. Please try again in a few
hours."
for the past two days now. Try and do something about it[/quote]
Re: Why Jonathan Returned Ahead Of Schedule – Abati by Zalza: 9:47am On Sep 13, 2012
Whatever! I think its good to be truthful in our dealings so as to be trusted. Abati Baracks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Donates 20 Patrol Vans, Bulletproof Vests And Helmets To Police / PRP Guber Candidate In Kano Takai Urges Massive Turn Out, Support For Buhari / Who? Is Best Governor South - East Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.