Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? (21991 Views)

Share Your This Month PHCN Bill Here / Iara Oshiomhole In Imo State For August Meeting (photo) / Man's Hand Chopped Off Over #100 PHCN Bill - See Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
Billy23: My for lst month ws 10k bt we worked on it with d help of a nepa man so ours 4 diz month is 5k bt startin 4rm next month,we shud b payin 500naira önly...d truth there is that we have 5rums wit AC and d bqs included..so i guess u shud seek d assistance of a nepa man.
Note: dnt go to their office o if d nepa man that cums to check ur bill thats d one u shud meets...i hope that helps

And very soon, they will pass an energy-bill ; if you are caught wanting, illegal connections, they will take you to court and you will have to pay a fortune or eat just beans for some months in a famous nigerian hostel lol
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by infolpf: 2:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
May I suggest that instead of focusing on the increased bill, you ask yourself if your consumption increased? For instance, if you had power only 2 hours a day prior to this increase, and now perhaps you have power 6 hours a day, does it not make sense that your bill should increase? I have heard comments about the improved power situation around the country, now realistically, along with that increase, do you all expect an increase?

We pay between N60,000 and N110,000 every month for electricity credit. It hurts like hell, but I do it because we have 24/7 power, and my family is relatively comfortable. Before we moved into a serviced flat, we would spend easily N80,000 per week on diesel, in addition to purchasing electricity credit. Electricity is one thing I cannot compromise on at this point in my life!

WE all have to make up our minds, are we more concerned with the bill or the service? If the service, then happily pay your bill and encourage our leaders for further improvement. If you are more concerned with your bill, and dont care about the service, then may I suggest the ultimate energy saving method - Simply switch off your metre!
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
info@lpf:
May I suggest that instead of focusing on the increased bill, you ask yourself if your consumption increased? For instance, if you had power only 2 hours a day prior to this increase, and now perhaps you have power 6 hours a day, does it not make sense that your bill should increase? I have heard comments about the improved power situation around the country, now realistically, along with that increase, do you all expect an increase?

We pay between N60,000 and N110,000 every month for electricity credit. It hurts like hell, but I do it because we have 24/7 power, and my family is relatively comfortable. Before we moved into a serviced flat, we would spend easily N80,000 per week on diesel, in addition to purchasing electricity credit. Electricity is one thing I cannot compromise on at this point in my life!

WE all have to make up our minds, are we more concerned with the bill or the service? If the service, then happily pay your bill and encourage our leaders for further improvement. If you are more concerned with your bill, and dont care about the service, then may I suggest the ultimate energy saving method - Simply switch off your metre!

lol. Best comment so far
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by yogun(f): 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2012
when will dis madness from PHCN end?
The govt is not mindful of her citizens at all
I just got a 21k bill asagainst a 2k monthly bill.
this is absolutely crazy
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
gabe: this is what happens when everybody enjoys the polished English of some professor or expert minister without asking questions. how on earth do you charge people different amounts for the same service? the middle class and the rich pay higher bills because they use more appliances. it is criminal to bill them at a higher price simply because they can afford to pay. so now the policies have started biting, can we shout out in the streets instead of whimpering on nairaland or facebook?

If you understood what power factor is in electricity, you will get the point of the minister. Most sophiticated gadgets shortens the life of our street transformers and also plants in our substations/stations thereby the incured cost, but I know you are not an electrical engineer, so let's leave it for another day.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by luckarub(m): 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
timbros: Just came back from work yesterday and saw my bill. Guess how much? 13k+ against the usual 400-#500 I use to pay. I asked my neighbour, he said his own is 10k.

This is insane!

I want to ask the house, could this be a mistake or have the takeover affected PHCN bill?

My broda, it is not enough to say that you nor go pay dis money, ask ursef dis very important question
1. Do u knw of the new increment in tariff that was announced by d Fed Govt sometime ago, so u cannot compare what u were paying b4 and now.
2. Do u have a meter and are u sure it is working? - U wld be their (PHCN) prey, try as much as u can 2 get a Prepaid Meter fast.
3. Check ur bill there is a number for your marketer at d lower part of the bill - Call it and find out what d problem is from d mkter.
4. What is ur location, u might be seen like other big guys in that neighborhood, most probably if u don't have a meter
5. Do sometin b4 d money go accumulate wey u begin beg for it to be reduced for u
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2012
Truth be told ; Before now, some nigerians where paying next to nothing for electricity. I can't wait for PHCN to publish names of their debtors in dailies, you be shocked that the total money owed will be enough to build 21st century electricity from the scratch for the whole nigeria and it west african environs.

Qusetion : Do Aso-Rock pay electricity bills ? Every year when the Queen of England is on vacation,the palace is opened for torist and the money made goes to servicing electricity fittings, bills e.t.c
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by taharqa: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
ItsModella: My dad told me that he saw a bill of 14k flat. He called the electrician to come and check the meter cos he thinks its running too fast.
hahahahaha...
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by taharqa: 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
lwise: Anyday a PHCN staff climbs our pole to disconnect light,na d day e go die.Cant imagine paying bill that is higher than my monthly house rent.
hahahaha....but Bros hope say no bi shantee u dey live oh
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by taharqa: 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
saddik: I USE PREPAID METER, I USE TO BUY 3K CARD AND GET LIKE 150-200 UNITS. I GOT TIRED, COS I USE AC FREQUENTLY,

MY SOLUTION, I CHANGED ALL MY LIGHT BULBS FROM 60WATSS TO ENERGY SAVING WHICH CONSUMES 11WATSS AND OUT PUTS 60, NEXT, I BY-PASSED 1 OF MY METER'S, (WE HAVE 3 PHASE, BUT USE ONLY 1 FUSE). SO 1 MUSE IS BY-PASSED WHILE D OTHER IS READING,

IN D MONIN I CHANGE IT TO D READING ONE, IN CASE NEPA COMES FOR INSPECTION, WHEN I RETURN FROM WORK I CHANGE IT TO BY PASS AND ENJOY MY AC'S WATER HEATER ETC.

OUR LEADERS HAVE CHEATED US, BUYING NEPA CARD FROM TAX PAYERS MONEY, HOARDING FUEL TO THEY CAN SELL BLACK MARKET AT HIGH PRICE.

I KNOW WAT IM DOIN IS NOT RIGHT, BUT I CANT SURVIVE WIT MY SALARY BUYING NEPA CARD DAT ZAPS ANY HOW.

PLS ADVICE ME IF THERE IS ANY THING 2 SAY.

CHEERS.
advice ke? You bi thieff na, lol
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by femi4: 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
luckarub:

My broda, it is not enough to say that you nor go pay dis money, ask ursef dis very important question
1. Do u knw of the new increment in tariff that was announced by d Fed Govt sometime ago, so u cannot compare what u were paying b4 and now.
2. Do u have a meter and are u sure it is working? - U wld be their (PHCN) prey, try as much as u can 2 get a Prepaid Meter fast.
3. Check ur bill there is a number for your marketer at d lower part of the bill - Call it and find out what d problem is from d mkter.
4. What is ur location, u might be seen like other big guys in that neighborhood, most probably if u don't have a meter
5. Do sometin b4 d money go accumulate wey u begin beg for it to be reduced for u
Just listen to yourself
1. Are you saying everyone complaining here does not have a working meter.

2.That calling marketers doesn't change anything

3.Prepaid meter is never free
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Sorry Guys for the huge bills, I used to get same when I didn't have prepaid meter until I threatened PHCN
that I was going to do some die hard illegal connections (and I explained it to them 'cos I'm an Engineer)
if they didn't supply me with a prepaid meter.
Believe it or not, within one week, it was installed for me. I have been using N5,000 units for the past two months now
and I've not even used up to half of it (I didn't need to do the illegal connection afterall).
Prepaid meter is the way I tell you Guys, coupled with lots and lots of energy conservation.
I believe if we tow this path, it will get to a stage that PHCN will virtually beg us to buy recharge cards.
God Bless Nigeria!
[b]
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Ibro4peak: 3:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
rosita112: usually we topped up our prepaid card with 5k, but last months top up ran out and we had to top up 10k instead. now i make sure we are energy conservative like we were when living in the UK. just change your house bulbs to the energy efficient ones and always swithch off any unused electrical appliances, like water dispensers belive me they gulp alot of energy. then if you have a washing machine make sure u wash a full load instead of half. This is better for us though, at least we see electric supply better for us cos we used to spend more buying fuel for the generator. Now we can say UP PHCN for sure!
pls,how do 1 identify energy sufficient bulbs
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by 2sleek2NV(m): 3:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
NGN 700
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by nasty45(m): 3:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
AGBOR-MAN:
NOTHING SWEET COMES CHEAP OR FREE. NO MORE BUSINESS AS USUAL.

SOON YOU FOLKS WILL BE PAYING FOR COUNCIL TAX OR HOUSE TAX. ABOUT N300K IN UK A YEAR.

SOON YOU FOLKS WILL BE PAYING FOR CAR INSURANCE. ABOUT N400k IN UK A YEAR.

SOON YOU FOLKS WILL BE PAYING FOR ROAD TAX. ABOUT N50k IN THE UK A YEAR.

PAY. PAY. PAY. PAY TIL U DROP DEAD. THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.

PLEASE NOBODY SHOULD ABUSE ME OOOOH. THIS IS MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH. THKS & GOD BLESS U ALL.
why should we pay such tax like that of uk?when we got oil and export it for that matter....u dnt compare nigeria to a country who raises tax jst to strengthen their currency pls...THANK U AND TK NOTE
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by chucky234(m): 4:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
calculusx:

Don't mind them jare,Nigerians can complain about almost everything. My bill for August increased from #2,700 to #5,000 and i feel its OK cos the 3k petrol i always buy every week is there un-used for the past 2months. I will be conserving power like I do in UK and see what the result will be. I was surprised when i saw my generator repairer riding okada this morning grin I asked him why change of job, his smile alone gave me the answer. Nigeria is getting better.
Your post is like a tab of Panadol extra to ease people of their headache,Nigeria is getting better for where na.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by mfm04622: 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2012
Did you not observe that power supply was more regular last month? PHCN is only asking you to pay for what you now use. As long as you have a meter, even if its not a pre-paid meter, PHCN can't cheat you. just go to your meter and check the reading on your bill. The present meter reading should be higher. If its not, go to the nearest PHCN office and demand for reconciliation. If you don't have a meter, i sorry for you. Dem go kill you with estimated bills
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by omotayo9177: 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
exhorbitant price
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by senoraaquila(f): 4:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
I thought i was the only one. This is mad exploitation. They have refused to give us prepaid meter so that they can keep stealing from us. When do i even use the light to be charged from 8k to 17k in the space of three months. What appliances do i have? I use energy saving bulbs. I was so pissed when i saw yesterday's bill of 25k. Haba! Is our salary for them? They should 'kukuma' give us their account number so that they can be paid our salary. I live in a flat of two and a half bedroom. We only get to use the so called light in the evening which is when we get back from work. Mehn, no blind eye again. This is just too much.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by BALOUSJAY: 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mine went up from N1800 to N6,500, i went to their office in Marina but their response was that, the supply and the tariff have increased that whenever it get to 10k i should let them know base on the size of my apartment as explained to them over there. may God help and deliver us from all these so called government officials
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by ignis: 6:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mine is 17k
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by ifeci: 7:05pm On Sep 14, 2012
how can som1 be paying for wot he doesn't consume? is there no legal way to bring these thieves to justice? i used to pay between 1200 & 1500 and within the last two months, I have witnessed a dramatic jump; this month its =N=15,000. May God deliver us from this Government.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by DisGuy: 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ibro4peak: pls,how do 1 identify energy sufficient bulbs

they are whitish usually like mini flourescent bulbs but twisted

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by kcpumping(m): 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Infact  just finished talking to †ђξ customer. Kia manager now she ended telling me she Iڪ not aware of †ђξ SOoº°˚ called bill thaT  should  to their office tomorrow aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ talk to †ђξ manager, that she Iڪ on leave. Can You beat that? Quite sarcastic  said.  told her that  needed †ђξ managers no SOoº°˚  can call him she said «♡̬̩̃̊»kk«♡̬̩̃̊» that she W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅ ̄ι̥ι̥ send į̸̸̨ƭ after 30 minutes  called back she said that †ђξ manager Iڪ no longer there that they now have a new manager aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ she Iڪ no with his no.....hmmm this country Iڪ finished  tel You .
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Vickiweezy(m): 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mine moved from the usual #800-#1000 to #5800. Its soooo annoying
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Jarus(m): 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
Approx. 7500
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by skyflash(m): 8:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mine jump from 1200 to 5k and was disconnected within 3days after they brought the bill talk of the sons of the devil.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mine wz 3600 lastMonth wv d new tariffs n all. I get my bill tday and itz 6200?!! I ddnt believe it.. And thrz no constant light o. Maximum is 7-9hrs out of 24hrs!!
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Clemzy16(m): 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
This Nepa people are going Gaga Crazy. We're actually using pre-paid metre, and spend up to 1k weekly. That's un-called for.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by ilawal850gmail: 11:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
Lambs Can Cry .......

It took me less than 25 minutes, to drive from my home in VGC, to the
Lekki "Admiralty Plaza", and then another hour, before I could enter
my offices at Maroko. Yet, I will soon have to endure that experience,
at least 4 times, in a day. Just another day, in the life of a tax
paying, hard working Lagosian.....

Today the 10th day of September, makes it 99 days to the 1st year
anniversary of the formalisation of our enslavement, by those who
pretend to love us, even as they pillage our commonwealth. I speak of
the 1st year anniversary of the biggest edifice, that this government
has bestowed on the Lekki-Epe axis. The tollgate otherwise
cheek-in-tongue referred to as the "Admiralty Plaza"

Neither our darling Action Gov, nor our venerable Asiwaju has seen fit
to build a single hospital in the Ajah-Lekki axis, they have also not
interested themselves in the construction of roads, schools, health
centres, markets, or any of the other things governments are expected
to do for its citizens, in saner nations.

We live surrounded by water, yet, the entire Lekki-Ajah axis, is not
serviced by a single linear metre of public water pipes. Unless of
course, if you live in their well planned ghetto, tagged, Lekki phase
1, or you are privileged to live in one of the private estates. There
are several settlements and villages, who have never been blighted by
the presence of Nepa, epileptic, as that might be.

I will not buy the E-Pass being touted by the LCC and this decision
has caused me to spend several minutes, queuing to hand over my hard
earned money, to those who have stolen more than their generations may
ever need, but whose gluttony leads them to keep up the wicked acts
that impoverish our people.

I choose to queue when I get to their tollgate because I recognise the
tollgate for what it represents: it is an assault on my rights as a
citizen, a sharp rebuke for the lies we've told ourselves, and the
easy choices made, and a reminder, that "when the wise, forsake
governance, they must of necessity, suffer the ignominy of being ruled
by fools"

Lekki-Epe residents travel compulsorily. The public secondary schools,
are all located adjacent to the Mobil head office, in Victoria Island.
15 years of their hegemony has not delivered a single secondary school
in our entire senatorial district, if you must attend
government-funded secondary schools, you must travel into Victoria
Island, and adequacy or quality is not the issue, it is all about a
clear lack of choice. NOW we must pay toll to get to those schools!!

I can afford the E-Pass, but I shall not buy one. The time spent in
the traffic to pay the toll, will be spent, remembering, and weeping
for the loss of my citizenship, and commencement of my colonisation.
But a small price to pay, for my lack of courage.

As we mark the 1st anniversary of that day of ignominy, pls be
reminded, they have also exerted a lot of energy, ensuring the
completion of the second toll plaza at Chevron roundabout! Another
reminder, of our lost sovereignty. They need our money to rebuild the
road they've stolen from us, so that we and our generations, might pay
them and their generations, for the kind and wonderful services, they
are rendering to us today.

Poor Awolowo, whose name and philosophy, they have so gratuitously
appropriated, did not earn his reputation, and his place in the
pantheon, by stealing. Barefaced, shameless theft, of our common
patrimony!

The silence of the lamb, is directly responsible for its slaughter,
had the lamb acquired the capacity and will, to scream all the way to
the slaughter slab, perhaps, the inconvenience of its noise, might
have persuaded its executioners, to reconsider their burial plans, for
the hapless lamb. This lamb must begin its wails in earnest.

We invite you to join us at................ as we, together, begin the
countdown to the day of infamy, the 18th day of December, 2012, the
1st year anniversary of our recolonisation, even as we await, the safe
delivery of our brand new, toll-plaza. The hospitals, schools, roads,
drainages, pipe-borne water, etcetera etcetera, shall follow in due
course.

Eko onii baje o! Lolzzzzz......

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by mamanti(f): 12:29am On Sep 15, 2012
They don't read my meter. Their reason was dat it was an old meter and my bill was increased from 5000k to 11000k. When I complained I was advised to get a new meter for 45000k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Danladi Umar Keeps Saraki Waiting Today / Governor Rauf Aregbesola Helps Accident Victims - See Pictures / How Internal Collaborators In South West Sabotaged Amotekun’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.