Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? (22007 Views)

Share Your This Month PHCN Bill Here / Iara Oshiomhole In Imo State For August Meeting (photo) / Man's Hand Chopped Off Over #100 PHCN Bill - See Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by thirty(m): 2:33am On Sep 15, 2012
calculusx:

Don't mind them jare,Nigerians can complain about almost everything. My bill for August increased from #2,700 to #5,000 and i feel its OK cos the 3k petrol i always buy every week is there un-used for the past 2months. I will be conserving power like I do in UK and see what the result will be. I was surprised when i saw my generator repairer riding okada this morning grin I asked him why change of job, his smile alone gave me the answer. Nigeria is getting better.
Nigerian, we like hardship, poverty, extortion. Why cant we complain when expectation did demand. Must we continue this extortion?
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by thirty(m): 2:34am On Sep 15, 2012
calculusx:

Don't mind them jare,Nigerians can complain about almost everything. My bill for August increased from #2,700 to #5,000 and i feel its OK cos the 3k petrol i always buy every week is there un-used for the past 2months. I will be conserving power like I do in UK and see what the result will be. I was surprised when i saw my generator repairer riding okada this morning grin I asked him why change of job, his smile alone gave me the answer. Nigeria is getting better.
Nigerian, we like hardship, poverty, extortion. Why cant we complain when expectation did not meet demand. Must we continue this extortion?
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Kobojunkie: 4:38am On Sep 15, 2012
basty: Mine rose from 416.02 in May to 1126.34 in June to 1740.74 in July expecting August bill. Chikenna.

How many hours of electricity a month where you averaging? I think people here are not considering that the more KWH consumed, the more the bill, and it is likely those with lower bills did not consume as much or get served as much electricity as those who have higher bills to pay.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Kobojunkie: 4:44am On Sep 15, 2012
info@lpf:
May I suggest that instead of focusing on the increased bill, you ask yourself if your consumption increased? For instance, if you had power only 2 hours a day prior to this increase, and now perhaps you have power 6 hours a day, does it not make sense that your bill should increase? I have heard comments about the improved power situation around the country, now realistically, along with that increase, do you all expect an increase?

We pay between N60,000 and N110,000 every month for electricity credit. It hurts like hell, but I do it because we have 24/7 power, and my family is relatively comfortable. Before we moved into a serviced flat, we would spend easily N80,000 per week on diesel, in addition to purchasing electricity credit. Electricity is one thing I cannot compromise on at this point in my life!

WE all have to make up our minds, are we more concerned with the bill or the service? If the service, then happily pay your bill and encourage our leaders for further improvement. If you are more concerned with your bill, and dont care about the service, then may I suggest the ultimate energy saving method - Simply switch off your metre!

While you make very valid points, I believe you need to have someone take a close look at your bill. Even here in America(we are supposed to have electricity that costs as much as you do per KWH in Nigeria), the average American home that gets 24/7 electricty(no breaks) DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT pay anything close to what you pay. For instance, I live in a comfortably lit 4 bedroom apartment and my average bill each month is about $45 (Naira 6975). I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could claim that paying between N60,000 - N110,000 a month on electricity is for comfort. It does not make a lick of sense.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Kobojunkie: 4:46am On Sep 15, 2012
gzib: mine is prepaid and i pay as low as 2000 naira with good light in my area.

What is good light? If you are charged at the same rate as others with or without prepaid, there is no way you can get the same amount of electricity as they do and pay less. Prepaid simply means you pay before use. Non-prepaid simply means you pay AFTER use. If at the same rate, there is not much of a difference really or there should not be.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Henyholarh(m): 5:24am On Sep 15, 2012
You guyz knws notin d max amt i can c here is 14k ours na 28,250. It increase rapidly frm 700 to dat amt. I swear amma cease dia ladder when nxt i c dem and nt until dey resolve d issue i will nt dem back
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by otokx(m): 5:34am On Sep 15, 2012
But you guys were warned na? Power supply increased by say 20% and the bills increased by 200% totally unjustified. Where is the much touted servicom? - just another government agency with no aim. Bills are meant to be humane and sensible. If you like change all the bulbs in your house to energy saving bulb, in fact to no bulb your bill will still increase.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by stevenson007: 6:04am On Sep 15, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]mine has been #500 after they creditedme #7000. So cool
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by 9free(m): 6:42am On Sep 15, 2012
Kobojunkie:

While you make very valid points, I believe you need to have someone take a close look at your bill. Even here in America(we are supposed to have electricity that costs as much as you do per KWH in Nigeria), the average American home that gets 24/7 electricty(no breaks) DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT pay anything close to what you pay. For instance, I live in a comfortably lit 4 bedroom apartment and my average bill each month is about $45 (Naira 6975). I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could claim that paying between N60,000 - N110,000 a month on electricity is for comfort. It does not make a lick of sense.
Thank you joor....... The guy na bloody liar!!!
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by yokus(f): 7:28am On Sep 15, 2012
Mine is 13k ooo, imagine, yet when I want to use the microwave I have to put on the gen, because phcn's currents is never high enough for the microwave. I will rather buy 13k extra petrol a month than pay that. Because honestly the gen works more.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by kemifemi: 7:29am On Sep 15, 2012
My landlord had to pay 55k to get a prepaid metre. Reason was that the main house was vacant and they were bringing 25k bills every month.
The annoying thing is that owner of d house is based in uk and hardly comes to naija. The old metre Is working fine but dem neva read am since sep 2009.(After an audit was done). I wrote a letter of complaint and my bill was reduced to 2.2k.
Now I am still using the 6k worth I bought on my prepaid meter since mid june.
But lite has not been constant in my area for about 2 wks
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by DisGuy: 9:22am On Sep 15, 2012
so what exactly happened to the 'METER IS FREE' DR AMADI AND PROFESSOR WERE singing?
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by styles2009: 10:25am On Sep 15, 2012
Please ,i want to ask,how was your bill delivered to you? by a postman or just left there on the meter by the NEPAMAN?
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by anekemary: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2012
From 2k to 5k now 13k, its madness. I just left d phcn office nd i was told to apply for d prepaid meter because dats d kinda bill i will b getyn henceforth and ders notyn dey can do abt it cos it frm d headquaters. Whereas my neighbour dont even pay a dime,if their electricity is cut off, dey call on local electricians to fix it back. I tink dats exactly wat i will b doing, NO MORE gud citizen
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Akposkool(m): 11:21am On Sep 15, 2012
Like u are going to pay 4 me.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by akintun: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2012
Mine is 6k, but it is actually cheaper than wat I usually spend on power if u include cost of diesel.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by IncomeTutor: 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2012
PHCN Income University. Have you been
enrolled?
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by PEREP: 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
onthefence: It is simply because there is improved power. I paid 3k in July. Its now 5k. I don't use prepaid. I calculate my consumption before the bill arrives and its dead on point. Mind how you use power now. Make sure your meter is read too. Naija too complain.
My bill for last month is 9K+ but I could relate with it a bit cos I did not buy 1k fuel last month cos we get almost 20hrs light on a daily basis. Prepaid remains the best option but hope NERC will do everything possible to make acquisition and installation very seamless.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by DisGuy: 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
styles2009: Please ,i want to ask,how was your bill delivered to you? by a postman or just left there on the meter by the NEPAMAN?

They stick it to your front gate or hook it to your door, or put it next to the metre grin
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by gabe: 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
I knew PHCN would infiltrate nairaland and other social sites with crap about how we pay much less than americans for power, why our appliances are suddenly guzzling more energy etc. Keep networking. We will soon start burning your offices. THIEVES!!
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by DisGuy: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2012
[size=13pt]ANYONE KNOW HOW TO 'APPLY' FOR THE PREPAID METER, do they give you or you have to ask for it ?[/size]
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by magman: 11:05pm On Sep 15, 2012
at least we would now see the need to use renewable energy, generate your own power supply thats what i use and its best for those using prepaid
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by chyrubi: 1:20am On Sep 16, 2012
jude33084:

I paid for ♍♈ 3 phase meter in Benin. 67k5 Ť☺ union bank ΆŋԂ 10k for processing fee. Make I nor hear Ɣ☺Ʊ say ƒя̩eǝ ąg∂ɪ̣̇η because I have ♍♈ receip ΆŋԂ ∂ photocopy of τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ bankdraft with ♍e.

NEPA will never, I repeat Never give Ɣ☺Ʊ ∂ prepaid meter for ƒя̩eǝ.

In Benin two yrs ago they distributed them arround τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ town ßŮϯ Ɣ☺Ʊ pay instalmentally as in everymonth along with ♈☺uЯ bill.

grin
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by sequence(m): 4:56am On Sep 16, 2012
Many of the PHCN staff do not pay for Electricity bill,they wanted to instigate the public against the government by the arbtrary increase in the electricity bill,surely at the end of the day they would have there finger burnt,let wait and see. Useless people
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Godsave9ja: 7:32am On Sep 16, 2012
they cut ours one week b4 bring bill, and they gave me 10k agaist 2k4. what a crazy nation with mad people on top
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jamace(m): 10:45am On Sep 16, 2012
If the average monthly minimum income of a worker in Nigeria is N18k and such low income earner pays N14k for power supply only, how does such worker survive?

I think govt is overwhelmed by Nigerian problems. Govt can no longer protect citizens from unneccessary exploitation by some companies. It is unfortunate that we only have govt in name but not in action these days. No wonder individuals too have resorted to looting govt resources in order to survive. I pity this country.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by otokx(m): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2012
The government is culpable
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by doctorfox: 2:46pm On Sep 16, 2012
I remember once I lodged a complaint to PHCN about their refusing to read my meter. The staff on duty looked at my self taken readings and told me I wasn't consuming much based on my meter reading therefore my meter must be faulty.

Then he pulled me aside and told me that to be honest there was no better option than for me to get a prepaid meter. There was almost no chance they would read my meter afterwards because my consumption was very low. I mean the only items I used when I was home were my laptop and radio. Plus for weeks we could go without power supply due to one transformer problem or the other.

I was told to write an application and make a bank draft of N25,000 plus N5,000 for installation of the prepaid meter.

Not very cool, I heard from a good number of people had done same that they were still awaiting their prepaid meters for over a year.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jpphilips(m): 2:50pm On Sep 16, 2012
calculusx:

guy, be specific, say you area is getting better not Nigeria.

My Generator repairer just acquired a bigger shop, ph is still in darkness no difference.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jpphilips(m): 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
sadeiyare: Truth be told ; Before now, some nigerians where paying next to nothing for electricity. I can't wait for PHCN to publish names of their debtors in dailies, you be shocked that the total money owed will be enough to build 21st century electricity from the scratch for the whole nigeria and it west african environs.

Qusetion : Do Aso-Rock pay electricity bills ? Every year when the Queen of England is on vacation,the palace is opened for torist and the money made goes to servicing electricity fittings, bills e.t.c

you sound like you dont know Nigeria, the name of the landlord who registered the house will be published not the tenant who incured the bill.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by otokx(m): 6:11pm On Sep 16, 2012
jp philips:

guy, be specific, say you area is getting better not Nigeria.

My Generator repairer just acquired a bigger shop, ph is still in darkness no difference.
not only is ph still in darkness, the roads are so bad, it is like the governor has switched off and is preparing for life after being a governor.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jpphilips(m): 7:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What is good light? If you are charged at the same rate as others with or without prepaid, there is no way you can get the same amount of electricity as they do and pay less. Prepaid simply means you pay before use. Non-prepaid simply means you pay AFTER use. If at the same rate, there is not much of a difference really or there should not be.

i dont knw ur position on this but i still remember vividly when i told you the NIPP structure is heavily flawed.

I equally warned you that by the time we see steady electricity, most Nigerians wont afford it. The issues i raised was commonsensical but as usual, neither you nor beaf could see the end of the road.

Ok, The IOC's in Nigeria flare gases to the tune of 2.3billion usd annually, and being operators for NNPC, our Govt is complicit too.

The NIPP was supposed to address that, but as usual due to shortcut and thoughtless plans of the our leaders, we opted to collect a more expensive gas.

I was explaining that the AGG projects are expensive as such, the gas to fire the turbines are expensive as well. The Govt had no buisness using that expensive gas because the end user will suffer.

The flared gases was ideal for the NIPP, i said it but you guys wont listen.

Except for Gas plants fired by NGC (our local gas producer), we have not seen the worst yet, God help us, the price of gas increases on the international front due to exploration inadequacies,
then you will realize the mess our leaders have made..

Enjoy your fresh fart and please dont tell me jona cannot be held liable, he is taking the glory for the power improvement already.

@ kobojunkie

i will paste that thread to refresh your memory.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PENGASSAN Threatens To Shut Down Oil Sector In Seven Days / Buhari Ranked 14th Most Influential World Leader On Social Networks In 2016 / Police Block Road To NJC Office, Denying Protesters Access To Corupt Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.