Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? (21996 Views)

Share Your This Month PHCN Bill Here / Iara Oshiomhole In Imo State For August Meeting (photo) / Man's Hand Chopped Off Over #100 PHCN Bill - See Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
mine is prepaid and i pay as low as 2000 naira with good light in my area.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
saddik: I USE PREPAID METER, I USE TO BUY 3K CARD AND GET LIKE 150-200 UNITS. I GOT TIRED, COS I USE AC FREQUENTLY,

MY SOLUTION, I CHANGED ALL MY LIGHT BULBS FROM 60WATSS TO ENERGY SAVING WHICH CONSUMES 11WATSS AND OUT PUTS 60, NEXT, I BY-PASSED 1 OF MY METER'S, (WE HAVE 3 PHASE, BUT USE ONLY 1 FUSE). SO 1 MUSE IS BY-PASSED WHILE D OTHER IS READING,

IN D MONIN I CHANGE IT TO D READING ONE, IN CASE NEPA COMES FOR INSPECTION, WHEN I RETURN FROM WORK I CHANGE IT TO BY PASS AND ENJOY MY AC'S WATER HEATER ETC.

OUR LEADERS HAVE CHEATED US, BUYING NEPA CARD FROM TAX PAYERS MONEY, HOARDING FUEL TO THEY CAN SELL BLACK MARKET AT HIGH PRICE.

I KNOW WAT IM DOIN IS NOT RIGHT, BUT I CANT SURVIVE WIT MY SALARY BUYING NEPA CARD DAT ZAPS ANY HOW.

PLS ADVICE ME IF THERE IS ANY THING 2 SAY.

CHEERS.

A.C is to regulate room temp.and not turn it to ice-land. We abuse use of a.c in nigeria; when room is cool, I did not say cold (cold-room) switch off. Its not advisable for an audult to use hot water, maybe warm when the weather is cold. If you research most of our technological output, that we use for comfort, they are what tends to more diseases and sicknesses in the world. Illegal connection is wrong, you are as guilty as nepa. He that does evil that good might come,believe he can pay a toll to the devil to allow him into heaven. LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by DonXavi(m): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
Finland: I pity you guys. Here in Finland even though we have constant power supply and a lot of gadget to go with it. The average bill is about 70 euros(14,000 naira) for 3 months.What is Nigeria turning into? do you guys have constant power supply now?
It's quite exorbitant compared to other countries. And again, they cannot boast of a full month constant power supply. Another question I ask myself is this. What is the minimum wage in Nigeria? How can one whose monthly renumeration is a pittence N18.000 be expected to be paying N5.000 to N10.000 monthly light bill? I dey wonder oooooo
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by AGBORMAN1(m): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
NOTHING SWEET COMES CHEAP OR FREE. NO MORE BUSINESS AS USUAL.

SOON YOU FOLKS WILL BE PAYING FOR COUNCIL TAX OR HOUSE TAX. ABOUT N300K IN UK A YEAR.

SOON YOU FOLKS WILL BE PAYING FOR CAR INSURANCE. ABOUT N400k IN UK A YEAR.

SOON YOU FOLKS WILL BE PAYING FOR ROAD TAX. ABOUT N50k IN THE UK A YEAR.

PAY. PAY. PAY. PAY TIL U DROP DEAD. THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.

PLEASE NOBODY SHOULD ABUSE ME OOOOH. THIS IS MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH. THKS & GOD BLESS U ALL.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by goofie: 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
for july it ws 6500 and we paid it off.they now brought 15k for august. my sister went to their office to contest it.they said our meter ws bad and since they cldnt read it,they jst put a random figure. why didnt they put a random figure like 2k?

long story short, they rectified d issue.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by reallo: 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
i paid 7k this month
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
Guys,please how do we apply for the prepaid meter cos ours is also 9k per month and we hardly have 5hrs power supply per day.
In a building of 4 flats,only 2 prepaid meter was brought then when they were changing it and we were promised the other two will be brought at later time,till today nothing and the bill is sky rocketing,we even paid 35k just to buy the meter,but i'm realizing now that my mum has been scammed by our marketer.
I'm ready to forget the money,but how do one get the prepaid meter cos the billings are getting frustratening.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
AGBOR-MAN:
WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.
LETS PUT CORRUPTION ASIDE, THEIR'S NO FREE TEA IN LAGOS.
MY ELECTRICITY MONTHLY BILLS IS N30k IN LONDON.
IN THE WEST, QUALITY OF LIFE IS VERY GOOD, BUT GOVERNMENT COLLECTS
ALMOST ALL YOUR WAGES. YOU WANT LIGHT 24 HOURS, YOU HAVE TO PAY ABOUT N15k MONTHLY.

GEJ TIL 2019.

PLEASE, NOBODY SHOULD ABUSE OOOOH. THIS IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH. THKS

Yea, nigerians have been indoctrinated sub-consciously not to pay their bills ; if we paid our bills, it will make us more responsible and human

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
Don Xavi: It's quite exorbitant compared to other countries. And again, they cannot boast of a full month constant power supply. Another question I ask myself is this. What is the minimum wage in Nigeria? How can one whose monthly renumeration is a pittence N18.000 be expected to be paying N5.000 to N10.000 monthly light bill? I dey wonder oooooo

Don't forget that we use still use gadgets that were made for the 80's with more energy consumption. Most european countries are living green.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by AGBORMAN1(m): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
1: We should reduce energy wastage & use energy saving bulbs. Learn to switch light bulb off when not in use.
2: We should KEEP CALM & keep on paying, to keep our economy moving & attracts more investments.

Freedom of Speech. Thks.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by pomohs(m): 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
mine is too high and i have light in d morning and no night too bad
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by gabe: 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
this is what happens when everybody enjoys the polished English of some professor or expert minister without asking questions. how on earth do you charge people different amounts for the same service? the middle class and the rich pay higher bills because they use more appliances. it is criminal to bill them at a higher price simply because they can afford to pay. so now the policies have started biting, can we shout out in the streets instead of whimpering on nairaland or facebook?
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Xplicit1(f): 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Finland: I pity you guys. Here in Finland even though we have constant power supply and a lot of gadget to go with it. The average bill is about 70 euros(14,000 naira) for 3 months.What is Nigeria turning into? do you guys have constant power supply now?
yes, of course.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
When are we going to start building offices that are purely lighted up by the reflections of the sun ; like in Asia.except for emergency. God hate waste, and I believe that any country, people, family or individual that indulge in waste, is not going to get far
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Xplicit1(f): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2012
yes, of course. 18 - 20hrs daily most times.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
well for august 2012, i was billed N13,129 from the regular N3,500 monthly bill
and for September 2012, i just received a bill of N12, 850

I asked the marketer when the 'revolutionary price hike' he said PHCN considers all old meters (analog) to be faulty hence all consumers of electricity using the meters are billed on estimated consumption rate as against paying for what you've consumed.

Solution is pay as u go. Prepaid meters. But PHCN arent ready to issue the meters right now sad sad sad angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by fankasibe: 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
timbros: Just came back from work yesterday and saw my bill. Guess how much? 13k+ against the usual 400-#500 I use to pay. I asked my neighbour, he said his own is 10k.

This is insane!

I want to ask the house, could this be a mistake or have the takeover affected PHCN bill?
this was exactly what happened to me last week, when i tried explaining to their boss he said...."mr.man haven't u being enjoining how service through out last month....GOD will punish u if u lie".....but he later reduce my bill from 11,300 to 3,600.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by chinig(m): 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
jude33084:

If U̶̲̥̅̊
have power 3hrs in ∂ ƉăŸ pls don't pay ur bill ΆŋԂ pls switch Ť☺ generator angry

Nah soo,datz wat im do.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by chinig(m): 1:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
jude33084:

If U̶̲̥̅̊
have power 3hrs in ∂ ƉăŸ pls don't pay ur bill ΆŋԂ pls switch Ť☺ generator angry

Nah soo,datz wat im doing.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by ballabriggs: 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Nna ehn so PHCN dey do pre-paid service still dey chop people money.

The day wey these people go start direct debit payment ehn, dem go empty some people account O.

Naija hahaha, I love my country.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by ballabriggs: 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
fankasibe:
this was exactly what happened to me last week, when i tried explaining to their boss he said...."mr.man haven't u being enjoining how service through out last month....GOD will punish u if u lie".....but he later reduce my bill from 11,300 to 3,600.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin God suppose punish you true true if you lie. Naija na die O.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
For those people that like a.c.you should know that 1 1/2 horse-power is more than a 1000watts. So enjoy yourself
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by ballabriggs: 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
AGBOR-MAN:
NOTHING SWEET COMES CHEAP OR FREE. NO MORE BUSINESS AS USUAL.

SOON YOU FOLKS WILL BE PAYING FOR COUNCIL TAX OR HOUSE TAX. ABOUT N300K IN UK A YEAR.

SOON YOU FOLKS WILL BE PAYING FOR CAR INSURANCE. ABOUT N400k IN UK A YEAR.

SOON YOU FOLKS WILL BE PAYING FOR ROAD TAX. ABOUT N50k IN THE UK A YEAR.

PAY. PAY. PAY. PAY TIL U DROP DEAD. THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.

PLEASE NOBODY SHOULD ABUSE ME OOOOH. THIS IS MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH. THKS & GOD BLESS U ALL.

Shatap dia, what do you know. Can you compare UK to Nigeria? Can you compare London Bridge to 3rd mainland bridge? What do you know self, comparing apples with oranges. Olodo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by AGBORMAN1(m): 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
Nigeria is too sweet because cost of living is very cheap. Taxes are close to Zero.
Now, things are changing. No more business as usual.
You want sweet soup, u have to pay for it.

In Europe, if u dont use Igbo-Man Sense, u will come back to Naija after 20 years with empty hand.
Your ppl back home will blame the witches that made u not progress. The heavenly truth is that its
the Western Government that made u not to progress as much by collectin your 70% income every month to be buildin their economy.

I pray that Nigeria start acting like the West. First-class services at very Expensive prices.
Too expensive that u will be scared to use it.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by rareman(m): 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
the thing no funny for mouth o! Last month I got 8k bill I paid 7k to balance them 1k later, this month they brought 11k I was amazed but seeing this thread I have to comment my reserve
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by cantell(m): 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
ballabriggs: Nna ehn so PHCN dey do pre-paid service still dey chop people money.

The day wey these people go start direct debit payment ehn, dem go empty some people account O.

Naija hahaha, I love my country.
Lol. Una no go kill person hia.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Billy23(m): 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
My for lst month ws 10k bt we worked on it with d help of a nepa man so ours 4 diz month is 5k bt startin 4rm next month,we shud b payin 500naira önly...d truth there is that we have 5rums wit AC and d bqs included..so i guess u shud seek d assistance of a nepa man.
Note: dnt go to their office o if d nepa man that cums to check ur bill thats d one u shud meets...i hope that helps
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by AGBORMAN1(m): 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pay your bills and shut ur Fuc-kin mouth. Or turn off your lights.
ballabriggs:

Shatap dia, what do you know. Can you compare UK to Nigeria? Can you compare London Bridge to 3rd mainland bridge? What do you know self, comparing apples with oranges. Olodo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by bellafonte: 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ours moved frm d usual 4k to 11k plus...
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
On a lighter note : There are pple even in the west that have decided to be totally green. They live in the forest, minimum energy, solar panels in their roof, they are vegetarians and even live longer than most city pple. If you don't mind you can apply this as a standard for living. lol
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by AGBORMAN1(m): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2012
I agreed with u Sir. Nigerians hate to pay bills.
sadeiyare:

Yea, nigerians have been indoctrinated sub-consciously not to pay their bills ; if we paid our bills, it will make us more responsible and human
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by pristine001: 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
mine is #15,000.00 from about #3,500.00. Crazy!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Graphic Photos From The Suicide Bomb Blast Near A Mosque In Maiduguri / Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes / IPOB Members Mock Nigeria As They Declare No 2019 Election (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.