Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). (21227 Views)

An Apology Letter From Men To Women / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men / What Do Women Really Want From Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by obicentlis: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
Polygamy is the best of form marriage, since we started imitating the Westerns and their culture, where are we?
Then, in the olden days. You hardly hear of divorce and quarrels even where you ve many wives. Women hustle and take of their respective homes but with total respect towards the husband. What do we have now? Every you go, divorce. Polygamy is the best where the m$an can handle the family as a man.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
Absolutely nothing!

I wish polygamy was allowed in 'modern' culture - that would reduce infidelity... grin

All my grandpops(paternal and maternal) were polygamists, and their wives loved them to death..

Great men of honour - R.I.P!! sad

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
Poligamy is not wrong, but not advisable. You do not have to marry women to enjoy intimacy with them. Marry one and befriend 10 outdoor if you chose to.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Manbush: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2012
Some parts of Delta state practice poliandry

Mrs..Chima:

Feminist anger? Why do Romantic section have too many fucking illiterate chatters I take it you like the idea of a rabid dog contaminating many cats.....otherwise you wouldn't be defensive. grin grin grin grin You didn't comprehend my previous post asking a SIMPLE QUESTION about TOLERANCE and you went on a rant about polyandry.

It is interesting how some male chatters pretty much destroyed the notion of polygamy but I am a feminist because I asked why do men think that women totally accept polygamy if the men aren't willing to. SMH.

Yeah...I am aware of polyandry in India since you brought it up....can you name THREE AFRICAN COUNTRIES that practices polyandry Take your time....I will wait. grin grin grin

Since you were telling me what I should do/be as if I am your child....let me reciprocate....stop acting like a sexist pig with a dead dick.

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by ea7(m): 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2012
The main problem...a woman is not property you can own. You can't claim to have 12 one and only's
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by DeeAe: 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2012
please yes there is everything wrong in it..atleast for the sake of the kids.. DONT!.. you can say u'll love dem all equally n bull but believe me you be thinking more than 4 times before you make a decision..no matter how rich you are... my dad has kids for 3 women married 2 and trust me dis is a lesson he's thought me..you might love it as the father(cuz mine does) but the kids wont really

my grand dad had 12 wifes..i am telling you now that i know just FEW of the kids from my dads mom talkless of the rest
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Whymee: 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2012
Polygamy in Nigeria is mostly define by action and it's practice in Movie, especially in the midst of poverty and fertish believe

Cast our minds back to our young days to the present day the, movie then on household with two or more wives ends up to propagate polygamy as not an option.

Couple with the western world ideology and believe in some religion.

movies of these nature already prepare a woman before marriage to either attack or defend herself, hallucination, conjecture, mindset, dreams etc will eventually set in and will eventually lead to the crash of such marriage.

In eastern part of the world, polygamy is part of live there and movies in most cases show the beauty and advantages of it, hence encouraging it's practice, if the man is financially and healthy capable.

In ideal economic system, polygamy has lots of advantages and can only be enjoy if the fertish element of live of Nigerian woman is removed.

Two sides of a coin.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by stillme(m): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
@OP,e...ve...ry...thing is with polygamy. You don't need to be told. Polygamy gave birth to christianity and islam.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Mynd44: 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2012
stillme: @OP,e...ve...ry...thing is with polygamy. You don't need to be told. Polygamy gave birth to christianity and islam.
Now you are just being silly. Which religion did polygamy not give birth to?
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2012
Mynd_44: When we talk about polygamy, Christians and Muslims should not bring religion into things as that will just be flawed

True. Personal belief is personal......too many people forget that. What i dont get is when someone ask you of your opinion...why do most people get defensive
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by PastorOla1: 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2012
Most of the money stolen in Nigeria today are spent on polygamy or women related wahala.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2012
If alk of western disbelieve polygamy there wouldnt be a need for a law banning polygamy and people in the industrious countries having private polygamy lives.

There are cults in America that practices polugamy and i guess it cute for old men to rape babies.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima(f): 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2012
Manbush: Some parts of Delta state practice poliandry

Delta is part of Nigeria...so you are saying Nigeria supports polygamy and polyandry but looks down on adultery

Thats a damn shame....i am still waiting on more.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Mynd44: 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2012
Pastor Ola: Most of the money stolen in Nigeria today are spent on polygamy or women related wahala.
You need to get a brain dude
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2012
Pastor Ola: Most of the money stolen in Nigeria today are spent on polygamy or women related wahala.
are you serious? Na wa o!
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by kobikwelu(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2012
In having a conversation with some ladies from eastern africa, i supported the one-man-one wife model.
they supported polygamy. I was shocked!! How could ladies in this day and age support polygamy. IF na man, i for nor dey suprised.
they sat me down and explained..

in most of these eastern african countries, the ratio of women to men is close to 2:1.

if one man marries one woman, WETIN GO HAPPEN TO THE OTHER WOMEN ? just wither away and live in shame and loneliness and be called aunty till they die??

besides they said, instead of worrying if your husband is out there with strangers you know that he is with his other wife.

i saw reason in their argument..

though i still support one man one wife....
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by COOLDUN: 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2012
Polygamy if you can look at it from the beginning, you would see how destructive it has been. The problem we have in this modern world is polygamy; Abraham upon how he was very close and loved by God, couldn’t handle two wives peacefully ,the two women that gave birth to his two sons, Ishmael and Isaac is the beginning of the problem we are witnessing today in this world. Look at Jacob, David, Solomon, Gideon to mention but a few. These great men tried all they could to maintain peace but still it didn’t work out well. No woman is ready and happy to share his man with another woman. Any woman that saw a man who has a wife and children but still went ahead to marry that man is a rebel and a witch. She is going there to destroy the marriage, the second wives know this very well and that is why they are ever battle ready for the first wives. Polygamy brings sadness and sorrows to the family. The second wives always like to destroy the children of the first wives in order to claim that her coming in to the family is justified. I have not seen a peaceful polygamous family, they might be pretending that all is well but all is not well. So my fellow men let us take one wife and make a happy and enjoyable home. Though marriage is not a bed of roses, but the more wives you have, the more problems you will have too.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2012
Do you want to die early?
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Rogo: 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
EVERYTHING IS WRONG
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2012
. . . .everything.

Cheating legalized. Mtcheww lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Delta is part of Nigeria...so you are saying Nigeria supports polygamy and polyandry but looks down on adultery

Thats a damn shame....i am still waiting on more.

Ironic, isnt it. Hypocritical bunch, Nigerians are.

And most of them are Christians too.

Let's ask ourselves this important question: How does a man meet his second wife if he wasnt cheating behind the first wife's back?

No reasonable or sane woman (un-brainwashed) would agree to sharing her husband.

Nonsense. Very disgusting.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by mantop7: 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2012
shocked it is a gud ideal go try it when u are age 50 u wil join u 4fader
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2012
shymexx: Absolutely nothing!

I wish polygamy was allowed in 'modern' culture - that would reduce infidelity... grin

All my grandpops(paternal and maternal) were polygamists, and their wives loved them to death..

Great men of honour - R.I.P!! sad

what you wrote would only make sense if these same women were equally allowed to have as many husbands as they wish.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by iyaayi(f): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2012
Polygamy is ordained by God in d islamic religion provided the man has d financial wherewithal to maintain both women and their kids fairly. But in practice, you find that d reverse is d case! The men are not able to fully provide for their wives and children, cases of favouritism comes in and attendant envy, jealousy and other unpleasant issues dt arise in such situation! Heaven help d household if one or more of d wives is temperamental in character! Drama would know no bound in such family. I am a co-wife, and just have to tolerate my man being wt someone else, paying bills for his other kids when am yet to be settled of my obligations. On ceremonial days like sallah, one wife n her kids hv to be in misery of daddy being absent (we live in different towns, abt 400km apart). Men in polygamy also lie a lot! On d whole, I wouldn't recommend polygamy for my son or brothers! A lot of unpleasantness happens but for religious belief that makes one to take everyth in stride!
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by cowgurl: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2012
There is nothing wrong reducing the number of spinsters on planet earth, I think.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima1(f): 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

what you wrote would only make sense if these same women were equally allowed to have as many husbands as they wish.

Thank you brother. I am glad somebody with a dick said it cos I have been told I am a feminist for saying THE EXACT SAME THING.

Smh.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by sexyverah(f): 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2012
everytin is wrong wit it, cos d bible said one man one wife... or bible dey lie?
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Weave: 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2012
treating all the wives evenly cant be achieved. in some cases, it might lead to ur kids hating u becausethey think you dont love thir mom etc

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by aribisala0(m): 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2012
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by MrsChima1(f): 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ironic, isnt it. Hypocritical bunch, Nigerians are.

And most of them are Christians too.

Let's ask ourselves this important question: How does a man meet his second wife if he wasnt cheating behind the first wife's back?

No reasonable or sane woman (un-brainwashed) would agree to sharing her husband.

Nonsense. Very disgusting.

Glad you said it because then I would have been called a racist/tribalist. See I intentionally set up trick questions to trap goons. Now he gave me ammunition to further prove my point. grin grin grin

Nope..they aren't Christians...they are extremists pretending to be Christians. I am not religious but I do know the tenets Christians follows....and from what I see it is contradictory and oppressive to say the least.

As you can see those who supports polygamy/polyandry sure are quiet...when I asked about adultery. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2012
iya ayi: Polygamy is ordained by God in d islamic religion provided the man has d financial wherewithal to maintain both women and their kids fairly. But in practice, you find that d reverse is d case! The men are not able to fully provide for their wives and children, cases of favouritism comes in and attendant envy, jealousy and other unpleasant issues dt arise in such situation! Heaven help d household if one or more of d wives is temperamental in character! Drama would know no bound in such family. I am a co-wife, and just have to tolerate my man being wt someone else, paying bills for his other kids when am yet to be settled of my obligations. On ceremonial days like sallah, one wife n her kids hv to be in misery of daddy being absent (we live in different towns, abt 400km apart). [size=18pt]Men in polygamy also lie a lot! [/size]On d whole, I wouldn't recommend polygamy for my son or brothers! A lot of unpleasantness happens but for religious belief that makes one to take everyth in stride!

See your mouth. . . "co-wife and I have to tolerate it". . . . religiously brainwashed sheep.

Better open your eyes because you deserve better.

You have men cheating behind your back, fucking another woman before he brings her home and you tolerate it. What a shame.

PS: Did he ask your permission before he brought her home? (that's if you're the first wife o).

This thread is really beginning to piss me off.
Re: What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). by Ayoobscom(m): 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2012
Mr one wife!

He's no polygamy
But sleeps with 15 other young ladies cheating on his wife
He's no polygamy
But rapes his own daughter into second untold wife
He's no polygamy
But already gave birth to 6 daughters and just one boy
He's no polygamy
So he'd rather murder the one at home to marry a fresh blood
He's no polygamy
But have innumerable concubines\children outside wedlock
He wouldn't marry a 15 year old..no its child abuse
But will sleep with a 12 yrs old in anointment\
And groom them into old hag whores that will never find a husband

Let us kill 50% of ladies and achieve one man to one lady

I trust you are not thinking God approves of prostitution(all prostitutes are not in for money...30% are in for lack of man fact!

Or let us assume God is no longer perfect allowing ladies to outnumber men

Excuse me! what false religion the hell is lying to you one man to one woman..please tell us more of those lies bringing the world to its knees

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

14 February 2018: Valentine’s Day, Ash Wednesday Or Soccer Where Will You Be? / My 18-Year-Old Girlfriend Wants Abortion, Please Help / The Massive Curves On This Slay Queen Has Caused Commotion Online [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.