Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

An Apology Letter From Men To Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Apology Letter From Men To Women (40083 Views)

My Apology Letter To My Man / What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Apology Letter From Men To Women by MyneWhite1(f): 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
Dear Women,

First of all, we're sorry. We're sorry that although we look like men, we often act like boys. We're not even sure what it means to be men anymore. As we grow up, we learn that to be happy is to be self-indulgent and self-centered. We try to make enough money so that we can have the right TV with the right video games in the right home. We want to date you and maybe even marry you but we are scared to focus on someone else instead of ourselves. Isn't it sad that we see committing to you as a potential threat to our happiness instead of a wonderful opportunity?

Here's what we don't understand: True happiness comes from being true men. We think and act like boys who don't want their toys taken away. We look up to "role models" in the media who teach us to get as much gratification out of life as possible. We may claim to be spiritual, or even firm atheists, but pleasure is the god that we worship, whether we realize it or not. Unfortunately, women tend to be just another part of our hedonistic lifestyle. Please know this: True men won't treat you like an irritating obstacle or a sexual convenience.

A real man understands that women are to be cherished and treated with care and honor. He sees marriage as the opportunity to be a real-life superhero—he leaves behind his old identity and becomes a new person, dedicated to serving his wife and children. Although he will struggle at first, a true man who marries eventually understands that he can't fit through the narrow doorway to happiness if he tries to carry all of his toys with him. There is just enough room for him and his wife, arm in arm, committed to their marriage.

Women, you can help us become real men! Most importantly, we want to feel admired by you. Help us to know that you love us just as we are, even if there is room for improvement. Do this by giving us words of validation; praise us for the things we do well. This means more to us than we let on.

In return, we will make sure that you feel loved and cherished by us. We will learn to talk with you so you can be heard and understood, not so that we can tell you how to solve your problems. We'll also try to learn to express how we feel without withdrawing or getting angry. With polished communication we can learn that what makes you happy makes us happy too! What a concept!

Once again, we're sorry. We are to blame, even though good male role models are hard to find these days. We've ignored our calling to become true men and instead act like we're in high school for as long as we can. Please trust that we are capable of more than this.

If you are frustrated with the man in your life, do your best to forgive him and start fresh. After a while, if it's clear that he will not become a real man, leave him. You deserve better.

A healthy relationship will make everyone involved feel happy. When we are happy, we are capable of living meaningful and fulfilling lives alongside one another. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we journey onward to find happiness and become real men.

Sincerely,
Men

http://www.romancemeetslife.com/2013/06/one-man-writes-open-letter-to-women.html

16 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Queendo(f): 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
whaooooo nice write up

1 Like

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by mideeniafe(f): 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
Would love to know what 'em guys feel 'bout this?
Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Mobsync(m): 3:14am On Jun 26, 2013
'mide eniafe:
Would love to know what 'em guys feel 'bout this?

We're not guys, we're men. Besides, we don't remember writing this.

157 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Nobody: 4:57am On Jun 26, 2013
Who wrote this?
Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Mynd44: 5:47am On Jun 26, 2013
I am a man and I don't remember agreeing to this. OP must have been sleep typing again

8 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 26, 2013
Awwww *blushing*
Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 26, 2013
Mynd_44: I am a man and I don't remember agreeing to this. OP must have been sleep typing again
cover your face in shame :/

3 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by lovelydoll: 8:05am On Jun 26, 2013
thanks
Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Mynd44: 8:12am On Jun 26, 2013
kulyie: cover your face in shame :/
What?

1 Like

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Queendo(f): 8:51am On Jun 26, 2013
I dont expect the men to respond.The truth is that all men are boys but not all boys are men.

3 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 26, 2013
tongue
Mobsync:

angry
Mobsync:

who cares nitwit? It was sha written by a man

2 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by sexymoma(f): 10:16am On Jun 26, 2013
This is too much for me to read, ma boss might come in anytime and if he catches me na gbege, please summarize it for me. grin

3 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by mideeniafe(f): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mobsync:

Ahh!! Sorry sir.... undecided
Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Mobsync(m): 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
'mide eniafe:
Ahh!! Sorry sir.... undecided

You're welcome. wink wink wink wink
Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
I want Nigerian men to read this letter to me (esp first and second line) while prostrating.

1 Like

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Eneze1(f): 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
boys men ur reply
Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Tunjman(m): 4:16pm On Jun 26, 2013
Op: you sure you have dangling pendulum between your legs?

8 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by coalcoal1(m): 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2013
interesting
Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2013
@OP speak for yourself!
Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Afroconnect: 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2013
Myne White: Dear Women,

First of all, we're sorry. We're sorry that although we look like men, we often act like boys. We're not even sure what it means to be men anymore. As we grow up, we learn that to be happy is to be self-indulgent and self-centered. We try to make enough money so that we can have the right TV with the right video games in the right home. We want to date you and maybe even marry you but we are scared to focus on someone else instead of ourselves. Isn't it sad that we see committing to you as a potential threat to our happiness instead of a wonderful opportunity?

Here's what we don't understand: True happiness comes from being true men. We think and act like boys who don't want their toys taken away. We look up to "role models" in the media who teach us to get as much gratification out of life as possible. We may claim to be spiritual, or even firm atheists, but pleasure is the god that we worship, whether we realize it or not. Unfortunately, women tend to be just another part of our hedonistic lifestyle. Please know this: True men won't treat you like an irritating obstacle or a sexual convenience.

A real man understands that women are to be cherished and treated with care and honor. He sees marriage as the opportunity to be a real-life superhero—he leaves behind his old identity and becomes a new person, dedicated to serving his wife and children. Although he will struggle at first, a true man who marries eventually understands that he can't fit through the narrow doorway to happiness if he tries to carry all of his toys with him. There is just enough room for him and his wife, arm in arm, committed to their marriage.

Women, you can help us become real men! Most importantly, we want to feel admired by you. Help us to know that you love us just as we are, even if there is room for improvement. Do this by giving us words of validation; praise us for the things we do well. This means more to us than we let on.

In return, we will make sure that you feel loved and cherished by us. We will learn to talk with you so you can be heard and understood, not so that we can tell you how to solve your problems. We'll also try to learn to express how we feel without withdrawing or getting angry. With polished communication we can learn that what makes you happy makes us happy too! What a concept!

Once again, we're sorry. We are to blame, even though good male role models are hard to find these days. We've ignored our calling to become true men and instead act like we're in high school for as long as we can. Please trust that we are capable of more than this.

If you are frustrated with the man in your life, do your best to forgive him and start fresh. After a while, if it's clear that he will not become a real man, leave him. You deserve better.

A healthy relationship will make everyone involved feel happy. When we are happy, we are capable of living meaningful and fulfilling lives alongside one another. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we journey onward to find happiness and become real men.

Sincerely,
Men

http://www.romancemeetslife.com/2013/06/one-man-writes-open-letter-to-women.html
hmmmn...Op speak for yourself,majority of girls these days aint worth good loving.

3 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Afam4eva(m): 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2013
@OP
Pls speak for yourself and not all men. We're all wired differently.

1 Like

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Pvin: 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
Which girl wrote this? is that what she thinks

3 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
What da rubish is this one saying

2 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by deb(m): 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
Girls are dreaming I guess?
Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by pekelepekele(m): 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
Most women no longer act like 1 anymore and that is the main reason we men have changed . Imagine a married woman wooing bachelors , how do you think those bachelors will ever take getting married serious ? undecided

3 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by braxjay(m): 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
[size=18pt]op u r a chick WTF do u know bout being a man ? undecided undecided undecided[/size]

8 Likes

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Egbagirl(f): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
Sigh. The OP is not a male.

1 Like

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
Who run the world,

girls! girls!!

"Dancing alingo"

cheesy grin
Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by eunisam: 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
nonesense that make sense

1 Like

Re: An Apology Letter From Men To Women by alexleo(m): 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
Am not part of this conspiracy against men. I hereby dissociate myself from the so called appology letter. Somebody must be dreaming here.
Dream dreamer.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Can't Believe I'm Falling In Love With A Single Mother / "If You Tell Me About My Boyfriend's Infidelity, You Owe Me A New Boyfriend" / Transgender, Angela Coleman To Marry Pastor Fiance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.