Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,065 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:32 AM

Heathrow Airport, Ain't It Amazing? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Heathrow Airport, Ain't It Amazing? (952 Views)

Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport / Arik Heathrow Brouhaha Takes New Dimenision As Airhostess Is Nabbed With Cocaine / Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heathrow Airport, Ain't It Amazing? by Vicjustice: 3:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Re: Heathrow Airport, Ain't It Amazing? by gonon: 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
@Vicjustice, Hello, I tried contacting you but could not. I have an unconditional admission in UK. The problem is that there is a mistake in my Date of Birth on my WAEC Certificate, instead of 13 May 1985 what is there is 13 May 1986. I have a court affidavit already but i want to know if that is enough, because i am applying for visa in the first week of October against my January start date. Please help
Re: Heathrow Airport, Ain't It Amazing? by Vicjustice: 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
gonon: @Vicjustice, Hello, I tried contacting you but could not. I have an unconditional admission in UK. The problem is that there is a mistake in my Date of Birth on my WAEC Certificate, instead of 13 May 1985 what is there is 13 May 1986. I have a court affidavit already but i want to know if that is enough, because i am applying for visa in the first week of October against my January start date. Please help
First of all, is it impossible for the WAEC authority to rectify the error? Well, it will not pose a problem to your application especially as you have acknowledged it and have brought it to their attention. The embassy may observe the discrepancy, but then they will consider the effort you made to correct it, therefore, you should be fine: it is a different story if the discrepancy is an attempt of deception. Besides, it is just the YEAR that doesn't add up, it would have been a more serious issue if both the DAY and the MONTH are also wrong.
So, except there are other reasons to refuse your application, this WAEC issue may never come up. If it is possible to have it corrected, then do that, but if not, then submit it (as it is) and don't worry about it: only be prepared to give explanation should they ask you "WHY"

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Passport / Cheapest Flight From Owerri To Abuja / Sky Taxis Are About To Become A Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.