Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? (4549 Views)

TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians / Trinitarians - Is there One Throne In Heaven Or Three ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
frosbel:

Like Pastor Kun rightly said , and he seems to know you better from experience, you resort to 'putting words into peoples mouths' , this I hope you know is called Lying.

What happens to Liars on the last day ?

I quoted your words verbatim and yet you are in denial. shocked
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2012
frosbel:

No one is denying the deity of Christ.

We are simply saying that he is not YAHWEH.

Yahweh or Almighty GOD is one Person, the suggestion that he is made up of 3 separate persons is a blasphemous insult.

you are using deity as an english word, the bible wasnt written in english, it was written in greek and am damn sure that "the fullness of the Godhead(deity, divinity)" doesnt mean that he is an angel in greek. In greek that word means, "the state of been God". Unless u want to twist more scriptures.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ubenedictus: you are using deity as an english word, the bible wasnt written in english, it was written in greek and am damn sure that "the fullness of the Godhead(deity, divinity)" doesnt mean that he is an angel in greek. In greek that word means, "the state of been God". Unless u want to twist more scriptures.

You and your daughter churches cannot simply accept plain scripture but must mix it with the tradition of the so called 'early church ' which should be referred to more like the 'apostate early church '.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Willzkid(m): 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2012
Willzkid: Now, I'm not so much into the use of d word "trinity", but several scriptures support d fact that Jesus is God..
In Heb1:8, the father explicitly declares that the son is God..the last two verses there clearly punctures the theory of Jesus being an angel as promoted by Jehovah's witnesses.
In John 20:28, thomas calls the resurrected Jesus his Lord and God. Now, thomas being a devout Jew would have been fully aware that God is one (Deut 6), and any attempt to ascribe the position of "God" to another, will amount to blasphemy..Now this was the reason Jesus was killed because the jews frowned at the fact that he made himself equal with God (John 5:18)..I will not want to delve into greek and hebrew etymology, but the word "Son of God" as appropriated to Jesus had a deeper meaning than just a father-son relationship in the usual context..This explains why in Job 1, phil 2:15, the use of "son(s) of God" did not infer equality with God as it did in Jesus' speech in John 5..
In the prophecy about his birth (Isaiah 9), Jesus was described with very powerful terms including "Mighty God" and "Everlasting father" (a title Jesus himself stated was meant only for "Yahweh"wink..was Jesus then contradicting Isaiah? I dare to say a big NO, because by inspiration Paul alluded in Phil 2:6-9, that Jesus being in the form of God, and EQUAL to him had to humble himself as a human, so that the father may be glorified.. And his reward for this? The father has greatly exalted him and bestowed greatness on his name such that it is the most powerful in God's cosmos...In short God chooses to be addressed by the name Jesus.. Now, before I'm accused of heresy please let's look at the scripture:
In Matt 28:19, Jesus specifically instructs his disciples to baptize in the name (not names) of the "Father, Son and the Holyghost" but in Acts 2:38 and several other scriptures we find the disciples baptizing in the name of "JESUS"..Could this be rebellion?
NO...These guys knew what they were doing. They have been with the master all along to make such a costly and basic mistake..
The issue of the Godhead has always been controversial..even the great apostle Paul found it mysterious (1tim 3:16)..So it's okay if we are skeptical, but the scriptures are clear about it..
Most of this write-up was typed with my fone, so I'm sorry if there's difficulty in reading it.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:29am On Sep 25, 2012
frosbel:

You and your daughter churches cannot simply accept plain scripture but must mix it with the tradition
i didnt quote tradition, i simply refered u to the language scriptures was written in
of the so called 'early church ' which should be referred to more like the 'apostate early church'
really, tell me something, if the early church was apostate and there was no other church then that means the gates of hell prevailed, it seems u are trying to call christ a liar, u have done it. hope it makes u happy
are u trying to be silly or something? Did i quote a church father? What is that u wrote above? The greek bible say christ is deity u guys are interpreting it in english, i talked abt d bible i didnt even mention the early church. Go and research the meaning of "deity" in the greek scriptures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Amazing Facts About The Spirit World / A Fine Example Of Religious Tolerance - *SARCASM* / Muttleylatff: What Does Homosexuality Serve In The Universe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.