Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? (4546 Views)

TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians / Trinitarians - Is there One Throne In Heaven Or Three ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
[size=15pt]1 John 5:20[/size]

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
20 and we have known that the Son of God is come, and hath given us a mind, that we may know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ; this one is the true God and the life age-during!

New Living Translation (NLT)
20 And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God.[a] And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.

New Life Version (NLV)
20 We know God’s Son has come. He has given us the understanding to know Him Who is the true God. We are joined together with the true God through His Son, Jesus Christ. He is the true God and the life that lasts forever.

New King James Version (NKJV)
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

New International Version (NIV)
20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
20 And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

The Message (MSG)
18-21 We know that none of the God-begotten makes a practice of sin—fatal sin. The God-begotten are also the God-protected. The Evil One can’t lay a hand on them. We know that we are held firm by God; it’s only the people of the world who continue in the grip of the Evil One. And we know that the Son of God came so we could recognize and understand the truth of God—what a gift!—and we are living in the Truth itself, in God’s Son, Jesus Christ. This Jesus is both True God and Real Life. Dear children, be on guard against all clever facsimiles.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we may know the true One.[a] We are in the true One—that is, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
20 We know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we know the real God. We are in the one who is real, his Son Jesus Christ. This Jesus Christ is the real God and eternal life.

English Standard Version (ESV)
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding. So now we can know the one who is true, and we live in that true God. We are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the true God, and he is eternal life.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
20 And we [have seen and] know [positively] that the Son of God has [actually] come to this world and has given us understanding and insight [progressively] to perceive (recognize) and come to know better and more clearly Him Who is true; and we are in Him Who is true—in His Son Jesus Christ (the Messiah). This [Man] is the true God and Life eternal.

This verse has ACTUALLY and completely CHANGED and ENHANCED my understanding to better understand Trinity. I will like this verse to be an open discussion and especially for the ANTI-TRINITARIANS to discuss their understand of this scripture. I love to read the view/interpretation of the anti-trinitarians on the scriptures. Trinitarians are also free to contribute. Thank you.

(I have my legs crossed with pop corn and soda in front of the computer grin waiting to read from both sides)
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Delafruita(m): 4:33pm On Sep 14, 2012
every single version of that verse makes it clear that yeshwa and yahweh are different entities.if after reading it,you felt it was in favour of trinity,i have to question your comprehension skills
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
Brother Goshen , you have to stop scoring own goals grin

"20 And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God.[a] And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life." - 1 John 5:20

1. Son of God has come
2. He has given us understanding that we can know the true GOD
3. and now we have fellowship with the true GOD
4. Because we have fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ
4. He is the true GOD
5. He is eternal life.

Now look at this again point by point and tell me if it fits the bill according to your expectation.

Point 4 is clearly referring to the one and true GOD who Jesus Christ came to reveal.

Otherwise can you explain the beginnig verse of this chapter which goes :

" Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. " - 1 John 5:1
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by PastorKun(m): 4:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
Delafruita: every single version of that verse makes it clear that yeshwa and yahweh are different entities.if after reading it,you felt it was in favour of trinity,i have to question your comprehension skills

grin grin grin

@Goshen
For someone who so much believes in searching the scriptures and holding on to biblical truth i am suprised that you are still holding on to this pagan doctrine that has no basis in scripture. Even the scriptures you quoted above makes it clear that Jesus the son is a seperate entity from his father who is the almighty God. I would rather you just leave this issue to rest. Your salvation does not depend onbelieving the trinity concept and all this verses trinitarians keep bringig up to support the doctrine can be interpereted in ways that contradict the doctrine. There is not one single verse in the whole bible that suggests or states that God is three in one or one in three. It is totally alien to scriptures and it has roman pagan origins. Let us stop adding to scriptures or forcing opinions into it.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2012
See as you guys are just running away from what the verse says.........Who is the TRUE GOD according to this verse?
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pastor Kun:

grin grin grin

@Goshen
For someone who so much believes in searching the scriptures and holding on to biblical truth i am suprised that you are still holding on to this pagan doctrine that has no basis in scripture. Even the scriptures you quoted above makes it clear that Jesus the son is a seperate entity from his father who is the almighty God. I would rather you just leave this issue to rest. Your salvation does not depend onbelieving the trinity concept and all this verses trinitarians keep bringig up to support the doctrine can be interpereted in ways that contradict the doctrine. There is not one single verse in the whole bible that suggests or states that God is three in one or one in three. It is totally alien to scriptures and it has roman pagan origins. Let us stop adding to scriptures or forcing opinions into it.

Right it doesn't depend of salvation BUT to deny the deity of Christ as God is what the anti-trinitarian is all about and this is even more contrary to scriptures. On the contrary, trinity teaching/doctrine is NOT a pagan originated teachings/doctrine but a bible doctrine. Also, I guess you don't understand the concept of trinity - it does not say there are THREE God(s) BUT ONE GOD who manifest Himself in Three divine and eternal being. This is the nature of God, NOT man.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
Delafruita: every single version of that verse makes it clear that yeshwa and yahweh are different entities.if after reading it,you felt it was in favour of trinity,i have to question your comprehension skills

We don't have to understand the same way..... grin For we know in part..... cool
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by PastorKun(m): 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2012
Goshen360: See as you guys are just running away from what the verse says.........Who is the TRUE GOD according to this verse?

According to this verse the TRUE GOD is the father of Jesus christ.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pastor Kun:

According to this verse the TRUE GOD is the father of Jesus christ.

What then do you say to this translationS.....

Goshen360:

The Message (MSG)
18-21 We know that none of the God-begotten makes a practice of sin—fatal sin. The God-begotten are also the God-protected. The Evil One can’t lay a hand on them. We know that we are held firm by God; it’s only the people of the world who continue in the grip of the Evil One. And we know that the Son of God came so we could recognize and understand the truth of God—what a gift!—and we are living in the Truth itself, in God’s Son, Jesus Christ. [size=15pt]This Jesus is both True God[/size] and Real Life. Dear children, be on guard against all clever facsimiles.

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
20 We know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we know the real God. We are in the one who is real, his Son Jesus Christ. [size=15pt]This Jesus Christ is the real God[/size] and eternal life.

Abi make we start dey query translationS ni ...... grin shocked
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by PastorKun(m): 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Goshen360:

Right it doesn't depend of salvation BUT to deny the deity of Christ as God is what the anti-trinitarian is all about and this is even more contrary to scriptures. On the contrary, trinity teaching/doctrine is NOT a pagan originated teachings/doctrine but a bible doctrine. Also, I guess you don't understand the concept of trinity - it does not say there are THREE God(s) BUT ONE GOD who manifest Himself in Three divine and eternal being. This is the nature of God, NOT man.

There is no doubt about the deity of christ. Christ is the son of the Almighy God so that automatically bestows divinity on him. Also kindly quote one scripture in the bible which clearly states that God manifests himslf in three divine and eternal beings.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pastor Kun:

There is no doubt about the deity of christ. Christ is the son of the Almighy God so that automatically bestows divinity on him. Also kindly quote one scripture in the bible which clearly states that God manifests himslf in three divine and eternal beings.

Bros....abeg cool down. I know you are at beef with this trinity stuff. It is not a salvation issue and same is tithing but when the bible says something, it doesn't necessarily have to go well with us or you. The bible does not explictly mention "trinity" just like other words we have today just to explain a concept/teaching. Let us treat the bible not Goshen.....okay.

Now this verse (from other translation) clearly says Jesus is the TRUE GOD......Am asking, how do you understand this?......because the thing baffle me sef and na only una anti-trinity that can explain it......So Pastor please explain this.......HOW DOES JESUS BECOME THE TRUE GOD according to this verse? grin
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by k2039: 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Frosbel

And I will pray the Father,
and he shall give you another Comforter,
that he may abide with you forever John 14:16 KJV

Explain that.

I and Father.

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN
I WILL PRAY MYSELF

1 Like

Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by PastorKun(m): 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
Goshen360:

What then do you say to this translationS.....

Abi make we start dey query translation ni ...... grin shocked

Those translatations were probably done by trinitarians trying to force their opinion on christianity. Bible history is full of several attempts by trinitarians twisting translations to suit the trinity doctrine.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Those translatations were probably done by trinitarians trying to force their opinion on christianity. Bible history is full of several attempts by trinitarians twisting translations to suit the trinity doctrine.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

[size=20pt]Pastor.......Is this YOU?[/size]
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
Goshen360:

Bros....abeg cool down. I know you are at beef with this trinity stuff. It is not a salvation issue and same is tithing but when the bible says something, it doesn't necessarily have to go well with us or you. The bible does not explictly mention "trinity" just like other words we have today just to explain a concept/teaching. Let us treat the bible not Goshen.....okay.

Now this verse (from other translation) clearly says Jesus is the TRUE GOD......Am asking, how do you understand this?......because the thing baffle me sef and na only una anti-trinity that can explain it......So Pastor please explain this.......HOW DOES JESUS BECOME THE TRUE GOD according to this verse? grin

I don't think there is anything funny about trying to twist scripture.

Stay with the bible and you will not miss road.

Besides your deeper life brother Ola believes that we are all going to hell because we do not agree with the tithe and trinity doctrines.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by JeSoul(f): 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
Na wa oh...Frost-belly vs. Ghost-sheng vs. Ola-Day-goo all over the section...this trinity matter don serious lol.

1 Like

Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
JeSoul: Na wa oh...Frost-belly vs. Ghost-sheng vs. Ola-Day-goo all over the section...this trinity matter don serious lol.

Yes, it's serious o...... because Frosbel is denying the deity of christ as GOD and this is unscriptural to biblical teachings. I want to laugh this weekend. Stay in house my sister.....you go laugh tire.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
Goshen360:

Yes, it's serious o...... because Frosbel is denying the deity of christ as GOD and this is unscriptural to biblical teachings. I want to laugh this weekend. Stay in house my sister.....you go laugh tire.

Brother , now you adding a LIE to my stance, SMH.

Where did I say that Jesus is not Divine

My consistent statement all along is that Jesus is not Yahweh , period.

Despite hundreds of bible verses to back this perspective you seem to be prefer tradition to the word of GOD.

Let us tread carefully !
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by mkmyers45(m): 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
JeSoul: Na wa oh...Frost-belly vs. Ghost-sheng vs. Ola-Day-goo all over the section...this trinity matter don serious lol.
If for no be Tight and Trinity matter wetin we wan talk?
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
frosbel:

I don't think there is anything funny about [size=15pt]trying to twist scripture.[/size]

You mean am writing the scriptures by myself? The way you quote from NIV, I have also quoted from many translations and TWO of those translation......even more clearly says THIS Jesus is the TRUE GOD......Is that TWISTING SCRIPTURES?

frosbel:

Stay with the bible and you will not miss road.

Off course, I am STAYING with the bible....that is the reason I gave many translation. Pastor Kun had been knocked OUT in this thread because the ONLY reason he gave was that, such translations were written by trinitarians.....So how do we know those who are not trinitarian translators and those who are not as if (anti)trinitarian is a criteria to bible translation.

frosbel:

Besides your deeper life brother Ola believes that we are all going to hell because we do not agree with the tithe and trinity doctrines.

If this is what Ola is saying.....my response is, it is NOT Goshen that said it. I leave Ola to his words and if he truly said the above statement.....such words is error and I don't support it.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by PastorKun(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Bros abeg i am still waiting for an answer to the highlighted.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
frosbel:

Brother , now you adding a LIE to my stance, SMH.

Where did I say that Jesus is not Divine

My consistent statement all along is that Jesus is not Yahweh , period.

Despite hundreds of bible verses to back this perspective you seem to be prefer tradition to the word of GOD.

Let us tread carefully !

What was your explanation recently on John 1:1 E be like say this "Trinity" is bigger than you now ooo grin grin grin
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Bros abeg i am still waiting for an answer to the highlighted.

Throughout the scripture......GOD is ONE. In the divine nature, (NOT human) GOD manifest himself through three divine nature and being.....is that too difficult for you to understand? Okay, let's start with this scripture and you tell me what it means.......

New International Version (©1984)
Now [size=15pt]the Lord is the Spirit[/size], and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Cor. 3:17 NIV

According to this scripture.....Who is the Lord? .......and Who is the Spirit
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by PastorKun(m): 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
Goshen360:

Pastor Kun had been knocked OUT in this thread because the ONLY reason he gave was that, such translations were written by trinitarians.....So how do we know those who are not trinitarian translators and those who are not as if (anti)trinitarian is a criteria to bible translation.

Bros if out of a hundred bible translations of the same verse only two ascribe Jesus to be the true God shouldn't that raise alarm bells? I maintain that you don't have any point, you are merely chasing shadows as the doctrine of trinity contradicts scripture and is not biblically sound. Meanwhile you have an outstanding kweshun to answer.
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by truthislight: 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
Goshen360:

as a bible student you should know this scripture:

"No man have come to know the mind of God, but we know the mind of christ"

but christ knows the mind of God.

Meaning?

That is how we have come to know the mind of God through knowing the mind of christ since christ knows the mind of God.
Peace
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
truthislight:

as a bible student you shouknow this scripture:

"No man have come to know the mind of God, but we know the mind of christ"

but christ knows the mind of God.

Meaning?

That is how we have come to know the mind of God through knowing the mind of christ since christ knows the mind of God.
Peace

Thank God you are coming gently today. Glory to God.

Can you also explain this scripture......please?

Goshen360:
Now [size=15pt]the Lord is the Spirit[/size], and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Cor. 3:17 NIV

Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by PastorKun(m): 6:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
This was my kweshun
Pastor Kun:

This is your answer.

Goshen360:

Throughout the scripture......GOD is ONE. In the divine nature, (NOT human) GOD manifest himself through three divine nature and being.....is that too difficult for you to understand? Okay, let's start with this scripture and you tell me what it means.......

FAIL!!!
Bros abeg answer the kweshun quoting scriptures that tell us God manifests himself in three divine nature. or is it so difficult?
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Bros if out of a hundred bible translations of the same verse only two ascribe Jesus to be the true God shouldn't that raise alarm bells? I maintain that you don't have any point, you are merely chasing shadows as the doctrine of trinity contradicts scripture and is not biblically sound. Meanwhile you have an outstanding kweshun to answer.

Read up there.....I have answered your question sir. And did you say ONLY translations ascribe Jesus to be the true God? Take a look at this, maybe this will even mean a different thing to you after you read this translation,

Goshen360:

Amplified Bible (AMP)
20 And we [have seen and] know [positively] that the Son of God has [actually] come to this world and has given us understanding and insight [progressively] to perceive (recognize) and come to know better and more clearly Him Who is true; and we are in Him Who is true—in His Son Jesus Christ (the Messiah). [size=20pt]This [Man] is the true God[/size] and Life eternal.

Maybe Amplified Translation too na trinitarian....... grin grin grin
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 6:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
Pastor Kun: This was my kweshun

This is your answer.

FAIL!!!
Bros abeg answer the kweshun quoting scriptures that tell us God manifests himself in three divine nature. or is it so difficult?

Egbon mi, you are still NOT getting what am communicating to you. The issue is not quoting ONE explicit scripture to show that God manifest himself in THREE divine nature..........it's all over the scripture. God is ONE who manifest ALL THROUGH the scripture as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. If this concept is hard for you to understand.....I don't know how else I should explain it. In other words, God doesn't just manifest Himself IN/AS the Father But also as Son and Holy Spirit.......Goshen is a Son, husband and father........BUT ONE and ONLY and TRUE GOSHEN especially when I add "360".......ki n ma jaye mi lo ni...... grin grin grin
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by truthislight: 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
Goshen360:

Thank God you are coming gently today. Glory to God.

Can you also explain this scripture......please?

i think you are really confuse, if you cant understand that simple scripture then your case is worst than i thought.

Cheers anyway,
please yourself.
Peace
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Goshen360(m): 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
truthislight:

i think you are really confuse, if you cant understand that simple scripture then your case is worst than i thought.

Cheers anyway,
please yourself.
Peace

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So "the LORD is THE Spirit" is TOO HARD for you to explain . See, keep your beef away when it comes to the things of God. TRINITY IS NOT A PAGAN TEACHING, IT IS BIBLICAL. I can understand if it's bigger than your "senses". grin grin grin
Re: ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
Goshen360:

Read up there.....I have answered your question sir. And did you say ONLY translations ascribe Jesus to be the true God? Take a look at this, maybe this will even mean a different thing to you after you read this translation,

Foul grin grin

20 We know, however, that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding, that we know him that is true ; and we are in him that is true, in his Son Jesus Christ: This is the true God and life eternal.

You seem to have missed out the semicolon and in some cases a fullstop after the phrase 'in his Son Jesus Christ.'

In other words , the beginning of the new sentence clarifies the previous sentence by saying that He is the True God, not Jesus.

Besides how can Jesus come to show us the one who is true if he is the one that is true , what is the point

Let me rephrase according to your understanding :
20 We know, however, that the one that is true has come, and has given us understanding, that we know him that is true ; and we are in him that is true, in the one that is true: This is the true God and life eternal.

Trying to twist a few scattered verses here and there will not help your case, it will only add to more confusion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ / The Secrets Of Thanksgiving / Should Pastor's Wife Preach In Their Husband's Absence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.