Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1847088 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 23, 2014
Goodmorning. Please am doing a project on our school's Medigist blog (College Of Medicine ANSU) ... Please can u help us with an article on how this year has been for u .I need it b4 26th.Even if its just few sentences. Thanks waiting for your article.

My email is anaebuemaureen@yahoo.com

Or and me on whatsapp 08146225129

Thank you great Medics
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nenyeluv(f): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
Pls Wats the difference dentistry nd dental therapy..do they ve the same salary scale??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by toydgirl: 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
Nenyeluv:
Pls Wats the difference dentistry nd dental therapy..do they ve the same salary scale??
Not at all.Dentistry is a 6 year course while dental therapy is 2yrs or so.So that will imply that dentists are paid better.Dentistry deals with the treatment of the diseases of the teeth while dental therapy is probably deals with cleaning of teeth
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nenyeluv:
A dental therapist is regarded as a dental nurse. they spend 4 yrs in school + 1 yr for I.T before NYSC
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hotncold(m): 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2014
esharp:
babskid200 @yahoo.com

I need the material as well. iragreatness@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2014
please those that had provided their emails for the guide you residency document should expect it any second from now. I've been very busy with school work.

Compliments of the season to everyone.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by KVN1(m): 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
uncle lomaxx,pls send the guide to my mail...kingnickyafri@yahoo.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
Compliments of the season fellows....
Please.. if there is anyone here who participates well in Nimsa activities or who is a Nimsa official... signify by quoting this post...
Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hotncold(m): 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
lomaxx:
please those that had provided their emails for the guide you residency document should expect it any second from now. I've been very busy with school work.

Compliments of the season to everyone.

Pls, I need the material. Send to: iragreatness@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 10:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
toydgirl:
Where is Dr lomaxx,alutacontinua,Dr Gboy,Thewizzkid,ebsuguy.DbestDoc,Dr Lagusta,mesther,charleymed,Jewelbukky....Im missing you guys

Present
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JERIZO(m): 1:03am On Dec 25, 2014
DrHesjay:
Compliments of the season fellows....
Please.. if there is anyone here who participates well in Nimsa activities or who is a Nimsa official... signify by quoting this post...
Thanks.
I need it Sir. Email: jeroshizzo@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by toydgirl: 6:20am On Dec 25, 2014
ebsuguy:

Present
Merry christmas
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by toydgirl: 6:22am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry christmas everyone.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ExcessKJ(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2014
Please, did anyone here applied for Sir Emeka Offor Foundation(SEOF) scholarship? If you did, can you please update me latest happenings concerning the scholarship...thank you... I rep Ekiti State Univ. Coll. Of Medicine.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 12:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
toydgirl:
Merry christmas
History of Christmas customs
Celebrating Jesus’ birthday: “The early Christians did not celebrate [Jesus’] birth because they considered the celebration of anyone’s birth to be a pagan custom.”—The World Book Encyclopedia.
December 25: There is no proof that Jesus was born on that date. Church leaders likely chose this date to coincide with pagan festivals held on or around the winter solstice.
Gift-giving, feasting, partying: The Encyclopedia Americana says: “Saturnalia, a Roman feast celebrated in mid-December, provided the model for many of the merry-making customs of Christmas. From this celebration, for example, were derived the elaborate feasting, the giving of gifts, and the burning of candles.” The Encyclopædia Britannica notes that “all work and business were suspended” during Saturnalia.
Christmas lights: According to The Encyclopedia of Religion, Europeans decorated their homes “with lights and evergreens of all kinds” to celebrate the winter solstice and to combat evil spirits.
Mistletoe, holly: “The Druids ascribed magical properties to the mistletoe in particular. The evergreen holly was worshiped as a promise of the sun’s return.”—The Encyclopedia Americana.
Christmas tree: “Tree worship, common among the pagan Europeans, survived after their conversion to Christianity.” One of the ways in which tree worship survived is in the custom of “placing a Yule tree at an entrance or inside the house in the midwinter holidays.”—Encyclopædia Britannica.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nenyeluv(f): 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2014
smartdave1:

A dental therapist is regarded as a dental nurse. they spend 4 yrs in school + 1 yr for I.T before NYSC
plz wat does it tk for a dental therapist to be a dentistry. Thru PGD or direct entry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 4:44pm On Dec 25, 2014
Nenyeluv:
plz wat does it tk for a dental therapist to be a dentistry. Thru PGD or direct entry
D.E
Though not all school accept it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas folks smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2014
It's been a long time people. Merry Christmas!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 7:09am On Dec 26, 2014
toydgirl:
Where is Dr lomaxx,alutacontinua,Dr Gboy,Thewizzkid,ebsuguy.DbestDoc,Dr Lagusta,mesther,charleymed,Jewelbukky....Im missing you guys
Yes ma'am. Am very much around. How are you? Merry Christmas.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 8:32am On Dec 26, 2014
Pls. all! i need your help. What is the total number of years for one to become a qualified doctor(from 100l to last). pls ooo. after 6yrs med. sch. then what? housemanship, NYSC, school of surgery? pls give me a total array. thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 26, 2014
simba1:
Pls. all! i need your help. What is the total number of years for one to become a qualified doctor(from 100l to last). pls ooo. after 6yrs med. sch. then what? housemanship, NYSC, school of surgery? pls give me a total array. thanks

Depending on your specialization, probably about 12years(?) (from admission) to become a consultant
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 9:50am On Dec 26, 2014
Tenison96:

Depending on your specialization, probably about 12years(?) (from admission) to become a consultant
Hmmm! can u pls state it in series? step after step!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 26, 2014
simba1:

University admission- 6years
Housemanship- 1year
Residency- 2years(?)
Specialization- 3 to 8 years
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
Anyone have information about Uni Ilorin and uni Ibadan? Like quality of education and facilities? especially hostel facilities
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by toydgirl: 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
charleymed:
Yes ma'am. Am very much around. How are you? Merry Christmas.
Im fine.Same to you,And howz mesther? 'winks'
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 2:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
toydgirl:
lol... mesther... eeehhhhrrr. Lagusta knows better grin
toydgirl:
lol... mesther... eeehhhhrrr. Lagusta knows better
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
Tenison96:

University admission- 6years
Housemanship- 1year
Residency- 2years(?)
Specialization- 3 to 8 years
THANKS A MILLION
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by toydgirl: 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
charleymed:
lol... mesther... eeehhhhrrr. Lagusta knows better grin lol... mesther... eeehhhhrrr. Lagusta knows better
Mmmm.ok
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
I want to know if bsu can graduate doctor's nw and i want to know hw to prepare for such course
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Win95: 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
simba1:
University- 6 to 7yrs
Internship- 1yr
Nysc - 1yr
Residency- 4 to 7yrs depending on area of specialization then you come out a consultant
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IkembaCMD(m): 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
Medicine - 6 + x years... (Nigerian factor)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.