Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1836667 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tboysalau(m): 5:43am On Sep 04, 2015
Good morning great medics Please somebody should help me with where to buy medical textbooks in Lagos
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
Raphael9:
pls sir is it only students of clinical sciences(medicine and surgery) or basic medical sciences(pharmacology) can also write the exam
aint sure check out the information
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LabbyAB: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2015
Alright house, thanks 4 answering my question
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by donhils: 10:01am On Sep 05, 2015
Is there any UNIZIK aspirant for this year in the house?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
Anything??
donhils:
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rimini: 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2015
I had 13 points BBB in Cambridge a levels, I put OAU o, any chance of admission?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
Rimini:
I had 13 points BBB in Cambridge a levels, I put OAU o, any chance of admission?

Didnt u write exams?? Hw well did u do?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rimini: 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
dearpiriye:

Didnt u write exams?? Hw well did u do?

I had 91%

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 7:26pm On Sep 05, 2015
Rimini:

I had 91%

Im sure u have entered already...congrats
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rimini: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
dearpiriye:

Im sure u have entered already...congrats

Im still praying, thanks anyway. Are you a student or aspirant?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
Rimini:

Im still praying, thanks anyway. Are you a student or aspirant?

Im a de aspirant but for ui. Im using cambridge sha
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rimini: 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
dearpiriye:

Im a de aspirant but for ui. Im using cambridge sha

What were ur grades?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
Rimini:

What were ur grades?

A* and 2As...aldo i finished last yr
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rimini: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
dearpiriye:

A* and 2As...aldo i finished last yr

U tried o, mehn if u see the grade threshold this year, i lost hope of a's
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
Rimini:

U tried o, mehn if u see the grade threshold this year, i lost hope of a's

Could u send me that of my yr and this yr too? Well u guys stated a new syllabus so cie just felt like rocking ur boat. Aldo ive cin som As from this yr but more Bs and Cs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rimini: 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
dearpiriye:

Could u send me that of my yr and this yr too? Well u guys stated a new syllabus so cie just felt like rocking ur boat. Aldo ive cin som As from this yr but more Bs and Cs

Well, i just thank God it is cie o, no university will refuse.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rimini: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
dearpiriye:

Check out the biology, for a* last yr it was179, this year it was 208

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ngkessy: 12:38am On Sep 06, 2015
ngkessy:

Thank u simba
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ngkessy: 12:40am On Sep 06, 2015
donhils:
yes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ngkessy: 12:42am On Sep 06, 2015
donhils:
Yes, am one.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 2:49am On Sep 06, 2015
Rimini:

Check out the biology, for a* last yr it was179, this year it was 208
Tanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 0393: 9:20am On Sep 06, 2015
6-0... 7-0... NOW, I WANT A WIFE!
Like I have not tried?!? I have friends who played 4-4 and have now graduated with a new 'goal' not part of the '4' as wife and have their own family. Let me even assume those ones were just being Okocha-ish with their relationships... score here and there. What of those who caught one young damsel in their 200l and have held on tight till now? What of those everyone had termed celibates who are now going round, WITH THEIR WIVES, giving marriage seminars? Here I am and all I have to show is my dear MBBS certificate that does not know how to say "I love you". For more, click on /p6jTcb-4K
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
dearpiriye:

hmn, from the look of things it seems this A levels sounds palatable, hey bro if you don't mind i would like to know more about the exam. Can i send you a pm or maybe i should ask the questions here if it's okay with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
Yes, ask here, so that others would benefit
Gbsks:
hmn, from the look of things it seems this A levels sounds palatable, hey bro if you don't mind i would like to know more about the exam. Can i send you a pm or maybe i should ask the questions here if it's okay with you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
Gbsks:

You can ask here. Im sure there will be others that will have better explanations
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
dearpiriye:

You can ask here. Im sure there will be others that will have better explanations
okay thanks here are my questions. (1) what is the syllabus structure, exam structure, subject combinations, grading and other components of the exam like? (2) is it very difficult as people claim it is? (3) what is the duration of the programme and how expensive is it? (4) and also if i write it in a particular year will i be able to take jamb d.e form that year? (5) do tutorial centres determine the success of the candidate and also what are the minimum points required for entry into any university?. Thanks as i await your reply.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 2:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
Gbsks:
okay thanks here are my questions. (1) what is the syllabus structure, exam structure, subject combinations, grading and other components of the exam like? (2) is it very difficult as people claim it is? (3) what is the duration of the programme and how expensive is it? (4) and also if i write it in a particular year will i be able to take jamb d.e form that year? (5) do tutorial centres determine the success of the candidate and also what are the minimum points required for entry into any university?. Thanks as i await your reply.

Cc Rimini need ur help here.
1)Syllabus structure remains with the teachers. For the exams we have 5 papers. Alevels comprises of AS and A2. paper 1 is AS obj,2 is AS essay, paper 3 is practical, 4 is A2 essay and paper 5 has to do with applying ur understanding in practicals basically A2. You think up practicals urself in line with what is given to you...dnt really know how to explain that. For subject combinations it depends on ur course for medicine it is bio,phy and chem...but some pipl add maths,engineering is maths,phy and chem. Note that the 1st three is very important for medicine if you plan to school in nigeria. No. of subjects is 3-4 aldo most people do 3.
2)I wont say it is difficult. You just have to know ur books and textbooks to ur fingertips. You must understand whatever you are being taught. The exams are so tactical unlike waec. Cie twists questions such that if u dont understand what u read u will give wrong answers...this is my opinion.
3a)It ought to be a 2yr programme. AS for the 1st yr and A2 for the 2nd. But u can do it under 9months if u can handle it. Thats what most centres in nigeria offer.
4)Yes you can. The exams are concluded.in early june and results come out usuallg on the 10th-14th of august. But that is for may/june. Those who write in oct/nov have to wait till the next yr as they get results in january.
5)To an extent. You need teachers who know the syllabus inside out and preferably mark cambridge exams. But majority of the work lies on the student. For the minimum points i will advice you to aim for A*s. This is 90 and above. When u aim for this the least u can fall down to is an A or if too bad B with adequate preparations amd God.
3b)For the cost it depends on where you want to do it. Just try to find out the price from those around you and also hw well their past students have done.

1)For the grading im sure of A*90 and above,A- 80-89 and B-70-79. Dont know the figures for the other grades but there is c,d,e,f and u. U is the lowest. It is equivalent to having written nothing.
5) For the minimum points i will use ui since thats where im applying to for medicine it was 15pts as of last yr which is equivalent to 2As and a B. In nigeria the A*s are not regarded but incase u change ur mind and study outside they are a plus.
To the best of my little knowledge iv explained all im sure of. Any area ur not clear u can ask me or Rimini.

Also u need to lay your hands on past questions. So that u know the exact points they want as answers.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingjms010(m): 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
As we are starting a new week, an examination week, I'm using this medium to wish our brothers and sisters having their post utme examinations this week goodluck and success.. May Jah Almighty blesses their hardwork and efforts towards pursuing their dreams and goals..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
dearpiriye:

Cc Rimini need ur help here.
1)Syllabus structure remains with the teachers. For the exams we have 5 papers. Alevels comprises of AS and A2. paper 1 is AS obj,2 is AS essay, paper 3 is practical, 4 is A2 essay and paper 5 has to do with applying ur understanding in practicals basically A2. You think up practicals urself in line with what is given to you...dnt really know how to explain that. For subject combinations it depends on ur course for medicine it is bio,phy and chem...but some pipl add maths,engineering is maths,phy and chem. Note that the 1st three is very important for medicine if you plan to school in nigeria. No. of subjects is 3-4 aldo most people do 3.
2)I wont say it is difficult. You just have to know ur books and textbooks to ur fingertips. You must understand whatever you are being taught. The exams are so tactical unlike waec. Cie twists questions such that if u dont understand what u read u will give wrong answers...this is my opinion.
3a)It ought to be a 2yr programme. AS for the 1st yr and A2 for the 2nd. But u can do it under 9months if u can handle it. Thats what most centres in nigeria offer.
4)Yes you can. The exams are concluded.in early june and results come out usuallg on the 10th-14th of august. But that is for may/june. Those who write in oct/nov have to wait till the next yr as they get results in january.
5)To an extent. You need teachers who know the syllabus inside out and preferably mark cambridge exams. But majority of the work lies on the student. For the minimum points i will advice you to aim for A*s. This is 90 and above. When u aim for this the least u can fall down to is an A or if too bad B with adequate preparations amd God.
3b)For the cost it depends on where you want to do it. Just try to find out the price from those around you and also hw well their past students have done.

1)For the grading im sure of A*90 and above,A- 80-89 and B-70-79. Dont know the figures for the other grades but there is c,d,e,f and u. U is the lowest. It is equivalent to having written nothing.
5) For the minimum points i will use ui since thats where im applying to for medicine it was 15pts as of last yr which is equivalent to 2As and a B. In nigeria the A*s are not regarded but incase u change ur mind and study outside they are a plus.
To the best of my little knowledge iv explained all im sure of. Any area ur not clear u can ask me or Rimini.

Also u need to lay your hands on past questions. So that u know the exact points they want as answers.
Thanks a lot!. If i may ask where did you do yours? And how much did it cost you in total?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
Gbsks:
Thanks a lot!. If i may ask where did you do yours? And how much did it cost you in total?

Divy college 1.5mshould be enough and it is a sec school incase u dont want rules and uniforms u shld try others. but know that cambridge exam fees is not stable. They can change it anytime and late registeration attracts extra charge. Lectures for may/june exam next yr has already stated.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 3:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
dearpiriye:

Divy college 1.5mshould be enough and it is a sec school incase u dont want rules and uniforms u shld try others. but know that cambridge exam fees is not stable. They can change it anytime and late registeration attracts extra charge. Lectures for may/june exam next yr has already stated.
hmmm.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by KVN1(m): 4:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
Good evening peeps... This' a 200 level medic from the den (UNN)... Please i seriously need inspiration from those of you who succeeded with the mighty Last's Anatomy during your time... # PEACE

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.