Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,511 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1843622 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 9:19pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
Yeah finally found a thread like dis grin am a science student but didnt do biology at o'level and jamb and want to go for medicine.
I see myself as not too intelligent and decided to go for electrical am now a 100lvl student but still want to do medicine. I have intention to write anoda o'level including biology and write jamb again.
Wat is jamb cutoff for medicine, and wat school can i choose dat wont suffer me in admission pursuit. Do u advice me to continue with my electrical or forget everytin and start again with medicine.
Thanks

First of all, you need to be intelligent but not too intelligent to do medicine. It's just a plus if you are.
As for the Biology, it's a pretty straightforward subject that you can read intensively and pass at SSCE level. If you pass the others then even better as you'll have all your results at a sitting.
What you need to do now however is to do some real soul-searching. Try to find out why you really want to do medicine. If it's a strong enough reason, you can go ahead. If it's not, just stick to what you're doing or find something you love more.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2015
Chartey:

First of all, you need to be intelligent but not too intelligent to do medicine. It's just a plus if you are.
As for the Biology, it's a pretty straightforward subject that you can read intensively and pass at SSCE level. If you pass the others then even better as you'll have all your results at a sitting.
What you need to do now however is to do some real soul-searching. Try to find out why you really want to do medicine. If it's a strong enough, you can go ahead. If it's not, just stick to what you're doing or find something you love more.
yea, but is medicine really so difficult?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
yea am igbo, but i dont like uni in the east, they are so useless and impartial. I prefer from the north
That was a big exaggeration. Fallacy of hasty generalization. Work on ur mindset.
Thanks...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

D average jamb cut off is 200. Yes, it's quite hard. I tried twice before succeeding.
really, i thought it was up to 250.
And i got 242 in last years jamb.
Wat uni accept 200
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ikemsinachi:
That was a big exaggeration. Fallacy of hasty generalization. Work on ur mindset.
Thanks...
but dats da truth, u know. U can ask especially in medicine u'll either bribe or die at home
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
yea thanks. So i cant start learning biology at least a little now? Bcuz even my mates who did it in sec school didnt go so far.
I can even opt in for a lesson to take me for biology lessons. Wont dat be enough
I won't give you False hope. Or give you that "Chase your dream speech"
That somebody else has done it isn't an assurance that you'll do it and succeed.

The logical thing to do is to continue your Engineering.
Biology class, Seriously?
A Subject a normal science student, studied for three years. You want to study it before next year's jamb, then write waec.
That's not logic.

Eventually you'll just do what your heart tells you.
But this is my opinion.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
but dats da truth, u know. U can ask especially in medicine u'll either bribe or die at home
why would you say that all the univ in the east are all useless??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
really, i thought it was up to 250. And i got 242 in last years jamb. Wat uni accept 200
Some federal(e.g UNIBEN) and virtually all state unis.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ikemsinachi:
why would you say that all the univ in the east are all useless??
i said ALL and totally mean all.
I hate eastern universities wit passion such evil hearted people from VC to Students
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

thx bro. Guess i'll check in uniben
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
yea am igbo, but i dont like uni in the east, they are so useless and impartial. I prefer from the north
By going for a school that isn't your catchment, you'll only be making things difficult for yourself.
Because you'll only be admitted on Merit, which means you'll need very high scores.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
i said ALL and totally mean all.
I hate eastern universities wit passion such evil hearted people from VC to Students
Then why demanding for another break down when your words have answered your question.
Change your mindset bro. It's an advice thou..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
Catalyst4real:

By going for a school that isn't your catchment, you'll only be making things difficult for yourself.
Because you'll only be admitted on Merit, which means you'll need very high scores.
i can make it grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Hi, how was your day? Have i confirmed your request? If yes, please try to identify by sending a message, cos i received several requests last week.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
yea, but is medicine really so difficult?
Me I no know o. Difficult na how you take am na. I can tell you it's very very demanding though and it gets tougher as you go higher.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
i can make it grin
Hmmmmmm. Though it's good to have self confidence is not good to have over confidence. Be wise in your choosing of uni to avoid wasted effort.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:51pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ikemsinachi:
Hi, how was your day? Have i confirmed your request? If yes, please try to identify by sending a message, cos i received several requests last week.
Yes sir. You've confirmed. I'll send a message tomorrow.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 19, 2015
I cant even understand why pple are rushing medicine and surg so much even more than dentistry. I just checked UNIBEN jamb aspirant for medicine and they were 12,000+ while dentistry were 450+.
Medical students, are u that many in ur department?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 9:54pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
yea, sorry 4 disturbing but wat is the average jamb cut off 4 medicine. Is d admission really hard to get as they say?
How many times did u try b4 succeeding
For most federal universities,the cut-off ranges between 68-74 in aggregate.Same for state universities tho it can be lower for some state universities
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:
Yes sir. You've confirmed.
Ok boss! Can you do as i said?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
Drdonzeez:
You may reach me with this line 08101701771...from my research,It took so many years I.e 10,12 years for pioneer medical students of some Nigerian universities to graduate bcuz of mdcn saga and I don't want to experience such trauma...And to buttress my point,I don't trust the next ondo state Govt
what state are you from and what course are you presently doing??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
I cant even understand why pple are rushing medicine and surg so much even more than dentistry. I just checked UNIBEN jamb aspirant for medicine and they were 12,000+ while dentistry were 450+.
Medical students, are u that many in ur department?
ppl are not enlightened about dentistry,they think its only teeth.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ikemsinachi:
Ok boss! Can you do as i said?
Sure. I'll send a message tomorrow.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
RoastedCorn:
lol. Wat more is to dentistry then. If not only bout teeth.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
Yeah finally found a thread like dis grin am a science student but didnt do biology at o'level and jamb and want to go for medicine.
I see myself as not too intelligent and decided to go for electrical am now a 100lvl student but still want to do medicine. I have intention to write anoda o'level including biology and write jamb again.
Wat is jamb cutoff for medicine, and wat school can i choose dat wont suffer me in admission pursuit. Do u advice me to continue with my electrical or forget everytin and start again with medicine.
Thanks
please,focus on your engineering and forget about medicine, . . same advice i'll give my bro. . .you only like medicine cos you feel they are respected,if not i don't see any reason why you shouldn't "LOVE" biology in your sec.school,after writing jamb you didn't change,now you've gained admission that other ppl are dying 4,u now want to go for med . .abeg guy rest,no vex

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
i rest my case

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
RoastedCorn:
I've always taught dentistry was only teeth until I joined nairaland. I was even shocked some time ago when my dad will always refer to his friend who is a dentist as doctor. Thank God for nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
RoastedCorn:
please,focus on your engineering and forget about medicine, . . same advice i'll give my bro. . .you only like medicine cos you feel they are respected,if not i don't see any reason why you shouldn't "LOVE" biology in your sec.school,after writing jamb you didn't change,now you've gained admission that other ppl are dying 4,u now want to go for med . .abeg guy rest,no vex
Lol lai lai. Medicine alllll the way. grin
shebi u be med student ba? I must join u.
Medicine all theeee way grin

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
@Durentt, its obvious you already know what to do, you just wanna ask irreleveant questions.
What has Eastern varisities got to do with the poo you just spilted out.
No wahala, by the time you've tried your other beloved Unis for like 3 times, den u'd know.
I'm not discouraging you o, because I know they are peeps who got in on merit.
But ranging from the points you enlisted.
Is it that difficult as people say?
Is the cutoff too high?
Which Uni can I use to stand a better chance?
Then u answered urself, "I prefer the North".
I didn't take Biology in O'level.
I got 242 in my Jamb(Remember this time Biology go dey, and Putme na another thing, meanwhile you'd be competing with people wey ur score go fear fear)
Another thing is, you might regret when you get in. Especially, when it turns out not to be what you thought it was.
The choice is urs, but the earlier you start embrassing your state the better for u!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 10:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
Chai! Na your type people for this thread dey like.
Meanwhile, why Dentistry aspirants are few is because of the quota, the cut offs are very related.
Example in a school
MEDICINE - 180 SPACE
DENTISTRY- 12 SPACE
NOW U SEE WHY?
Durentt:

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2015
simba1:
Chai! Na your type people for this thread dey like.
Meanwhile, why Dentistry aspirants are few is because of the quota, the cut offs are very related.
Example in a school
MEDICINE - 180 SPACE
DENTISTRY- 12 SPACE
NOW U SEE WHY?
shiit, so they accept only few dentistry students. Why na
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
Durentt:
Lol lai lai. Medicine alllll the way. grin shebi u be med student ba? I must join u. Medicine all theeee way grin
sensed passion ,

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.