Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,784 members, 7,831,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1844226 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 7:26am On Oct 21, 2015
simba1:
Lolzzzz.
Yeah, just check the news online
what does this news mean? . .elaborate sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brannyslim: 7:46am On Oct 21, 2015
RoastedCorn:
even the dullest students in our set got medicine in O.O.U,no wonder their school fee is around 300K,and their teaching hospital does not have good repute(look up google b4 you say i'm beefing).

Congrats tho,since you're studying your dream course,i wish you all the best,

BTW,what's your jamb score

This guy funny sha.... Sure he myt b d dullest but m sure if he can survive the first 3yrs...u won't recognize him academically again.
And, for the record... Dey r not paying up to 300k and currently oou is one of the fastest state University in south/west Nigeria and will soon b one of d fastest in Nigeria . Check d Google u referred him to again and b mindful of the session Google brings out.... For the record also... Oou is one of the best state College of Medicine in Nigeria... Thank God Google is ur friend. Don't don't just open ur mouth to talk nonsense
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 8:28am On Oct 21, 2015
RoastedCorn:
a friend of mine had 293 agg,he hasn't written their p.utme b4 and he's not a pdite . . BTW what course were you doing in o.a.u??

How many times did you fail o.a.u post-ume??

And lastly,why the beef??
Guy read my early post.
I said 70 percent of the candidates admitted to faculty are either of the 3 aforementioned group.
I didn't say all.
The chances of a jambite getting it at one shot is very slim ask any oau student.
And mind u getting 293 as aggregate does not mean he is a guru.
It has been recorded that 90 percent of the best graduating students in oau didn't have high scores in their jamb and post jamb.
Oau post jamb is all about smartness.
Reading the right materials and not reading through jamb syllabus.
And when I mean the right material I mean predegree notes and some part 1 note.
Take it I or leave it.
And mind u most jambites that got it have attempted oau post jamb not once but twice or three times

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:54am On Oct 21, 2015
SEE DRAMA!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 9:03am On Oct 21, 2015
simba1:
Of course, they Jamb is never transparent.
If you can score up to 266 in Jamb and score less in Pjamb. That means u dnt deserve the score
can u explain why the guy that had the highest post jamb score had 256 in jamb and he had 86 can u explain that.
Can u explain why last year a girl called Ajari Esther she won medals in cow bell competition, nnpc quiz, Olympiad competition, she had distinction throughout she is is well known in Nigeria, she had 238 in UTME and 88 in post utme can u explain that.
I know of 15 friends that had 278, 275,276,284,282,277,and other 270+ score but had 71 68, 69,65 even50+ can u explain that.
Can explain to me why a guy that had277 265 283 and 266 all heard the same score of 74 and mbbs cutt off was 74.
Infact I know of 30 guys that had 270 and 280 but had 60+ can u explain that.
Boss forget about that we know utme and we know how they award scores.
A guy that had had 278 should be able to defend his jamb score by having such in post jamb.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 9:15am On Oct 21, 2015
lol This thread is getting more interesting by the day...
Ride on peeps!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 9:27am On Oct 21, 2015
I will be an advocate of the ui admission system.
Take it or leave it.
Their mbbs is the most transparent in admission.
No wonder they have the best medical school in Nigeria.
And produces one of the best medical personal.
Shout out to the world admission into ui medicine is the best.
just have 200 in jamb and u are good to go

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jargo89(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2015
RoastedCorn:
even the dullest students in our set got medicine in O.O.U,no wonder their school fee is around 300K,and their teaching hospital does not have good repute(look up google b4 you say i'm beefing).

i am not the type that exchange words but it will be more sensible of u to get ur facts right and stop spreading fiction. Firstly the tuition is not even close to d amount u stated. Abt reputation, i dont think theres a scale for determining dat, bt i am sure 'does not have a good repute' sounds stupid at d least. I am a 300 level student of d school, so i knw wat i am sayin....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jargo89(m): 9:40am On Oct 21, 2015
RoastedCorn:

in addition, (sorry) are u sure d so called dullest are not way intelligent than u are. Ur post supports the claim.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 9:45am On Oct 21, 2015
Yes! He must have exaggerated, but do you think OOU is one of the best State University since they share Teaching Hospital with OAU?
Brannyslim:

This guy funny sha.... Sure he myt b d dullest but m sure if he can survive the first 3yrs...u won't recognize him academically again.
And, for the record... Dey r not paying up to 300k and currently oou is one of the fastest state University in south/west Nigeria and will soon b one of d fastest in Nigeria . Check d Google u referred him to again and b mindful of the session Google brings out.... For the record also... Oou is one of the best state College of Medicine in Nigeria... Thank God Google is ur friend. Don't don't just open ur mouth to talk nonsense
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 9:48am On Oct 21, 2015
RoastedCorn:

He never told you he is the most Intelligent of all men, but he told you he was successful. The least you can do is celebrate with him.

It's not like he is planning to apply, he has already gotten the admission.
What's your purpose of telling him the school he just got admitted to, doesn't have a reputable teaching hospital?
He should abandon the admission and start writing jamb to get into a university with a reputable teaching hospital??

Be mindful of what you say to people please.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ogagusps3: 9:51am On Oct 21, 2015
angiography:

So if oau admits 50 also via merit...isn't it plausible to think the others would be admitted the same way UI did??

And BTW, DE ain't admitted into 100l... please clarify
Yes, but they join the 110 in 200, same with those transferring from other courses
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jargo89(m): 10:12am On Oct 21, 2015
simba1:
Yes! He must have exaggerated, but do you think OOU is one of the best State University since they share Teaching Hospital with OAU?
They DONT share a teaching hospital wit OAU. Is dat even possible? OAU's teaching hosp is in Osun while OOU is in Ogun... The reason u are gettin confused is because OOU's college of medicine is named after Obafemi Awolowo and not even the teaching hospital. The teaching hosp is OOUTH.

As for it being among the best state teaching hospital? Affirmative YES. The only state teachin hosp i feel is superior, and dats my opinion, is LASUTH. Theres more to a medical school than the NAME of the school. Trust me.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2015
Mr. Man, I just cant comprehend what you are even trying to insunerate.
Are u supporting the notion of against it? I just can't decipher your point at all.
Vcojuro:
Take it or leave it.
No wonder they have the medical school in Nigeria.
Shout out to the world ui admission into mbbs is the best.
just your post jamb score
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 10:29am On Oct 21, 2015
RoastedCorn:

guy why do you speak like this and u are saying u are a medical student.
It seems u are not a medical student of which u claim to be.
it is known that in medical school it is not about how brilliant or intelligent u are but all about smartness.
Or do u think that Ben Carson was the best in his set.
Infact today medical consultants were not the best in their set.
Can u explain to me why three guys that exceeded the cuttoff in oau mbbs. The three guys had resit.
U stay there and continue to say he paid 300K in oou
U will see who has the last say.
There are doctors that finished from state universities and they are doing their residency in oau and ui.
Forget all the shit about mbbs.
Mbbs is mbbs once u are accredited by mdcn.
Forget all those fine buildings and structures believe me
Mdcn does not care.
I represent ui mbbs

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 10:33am On Oct 21, 2015
Vcojuro:
can u explain why the guy that had the highest post jamb score had 256 in jamb and he had 86 can u explain that.
Can u explain why last year a girl called Ajari Esther she won medals in cow bell competition, nnpc quiz, Olympiad competition, she had distinction throughout she is is well known in Nigeria, she had 238 in UTME and 88 in post utme can u explain that.
I know of 15 friends that had 278, 275,276,284,282,277,and other 270+ score but had 71 68, 69,65 even50+ can u explain that.
Can explain to me why a guy that had277 265 283 and 266 all heard the same score of 74 and mbbs cutt off was 74.
Infact I know of 30 guys that had 270 and 280 but had 60+ can u explain that.
Boss forget about that we know utme and we know how they award scores.
A guy that had had 278 should be able to defend his jamb score by having such in post jamb.
Passing an exam is by Gods grace.Its very rare and i mean it RARE for someone to score low in jamb and score very high in postume.The post ume most times is a reflection of jamb score.Tension could be a cause for someone not doing too well in any of them and doing well in the other.
Someone that scored high in post ume might not be the brightest but he was favoured to get the right materials
Aggregate is far fairer.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 10:34am On Oct 21, 2015
simba1:
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2015
I just expressed my opinion and all you could do is to abuse me . .the comment i made was in respect to a post i saw on frontpage months ago about oouth,i can't find the link to it again i'd have posted it,you don't have to get angry,it was just an opinion,my opinion.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 10:52am On Oct 21, 2015
Atogirl:
Passing an exam is by Gods grace.Its very rare and i mean it RARE for someone to score low in jamb and score very high in postume.The post ume most times is a reflection of jamb score.Tension coukd be a cause for someone not doing too well in any of them and doing well in the other.
Someone that scored high in post ume might not be the brightest but he was favoured to get the right materials
Aggregate is far fairer.
story for the gods.
What I know is that if u have 278 in jamb . then u should have similar in Post-UTME.
It Is simple maths abi house.
Why were people protesting last year and last two years as regard their jamb result.
I have given u 20 examples of this year analysis of ui admission and u are still saying it is rare.
Do u want me to give u another analysis of last year ui post jamb.
In fact I know a lot of average guys that had 270+ in jamb but flop in post UTME.
It is very simple u said u had 278 in jamb then come and defend urself in Post-UTME.
2+2 should be 4 not 2 or 3

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:04am On Oct 21, 2015
Atogirl:
Passing an exam is by Gods grace.Its very rare and i mean it RARE for someone to score low in jamb and score very high in postume.The post ume most times is a reflection of jamb score.Tension could be a cause for someone not doing too well in any of them and doing well in the other.
Aggregate is far fairer.
It's not rare

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 11:24am On Oct 21, 2015
Vcojuro:
story for the gods.
What I know is that if u have 278 in jamb . then u should have similar in Post-UTME.
It Is simple maths abi house.
Why were people protesting last year and last two years as regard their jamb result.
I have given u 20 examples of this year analysis of ui admission and u are still saying it is rare.
Do u want me to give u another analysis of last year ui post jamb.
In fact I know a lot of average guys that had 270+ in jamb but flop in post UTME.
It is very simple u said u had 278 in jamb then come and defend urself in Post-UTME.
2+2 should be 4 not 2 or 3
What you are saying might not be facts.Go to lasu's past results and admission lists,its very rare for someone with low jamb score to be admitted.At least the scores were pasted.The information is genuine.Let me tell you,jamb is sincere to an extent.Someone that is brilliant should be able to score high also in jamb.Im telling you passing an exam is God's grace.Using only post ume is like using GPA and not CGPA to determine which clas a person will graduate with
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 11:34am On Oct 21, 2015
Atogirl:
What you are saying might not be facts.Go to lasu's past results and admission lists,its very rare for someone with low jamb score to be admitted.At least the scores were pasted.The information is genuine.Let me tell you,jamb is sincere to an extent.Someone that is brilliant should be able to score high also in jamb.Im telling you passing an exam is God's grace.Using only post ume is like using GPA and not CGPA to determine which clas a person will graduate with
u don't seem to get it or u saying the wrong thing how can u compare gp with jamb score.
Utme is an exam of 3hrs while cgpa is an accumulation of what u have for the past 4 to 5 years.
Mind u in lasu post utme just cram the whole of jamb past question u are good to go.
Even candidates have realized that the last 4 utme is a repetition of utme past questions.
Almost all post utme conducted in lasu uniben and d rest are repetition of jamb past questions.
So what are we saying
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 11:47am On Oct 21, 2015
In This current part 1 mbbs students it was recorded that 90+ students were on first class when they were using this method of admission. They have never had such success before.
can u explain that
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 11:51am On Oct 21, 2015
Vcojuro:
In This current part 1 mbbs students it was recorded that 90+ students were on first class when they were using this method of admission. They have never had such success before.
can u explain that
You can get such in lasu and any school that uses aggregate.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 11:55am On Oct 21, 2015
simba1:
Mr. Man, I just cant comprehend what you are even trying to insunerate.
Are u supporting the notion of against it? I just can't decipher your point at all.
sorry boss I wanted to quote the other guy not you.
I know u are on my side.
Sorry for the error
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
simba1:
Lmao!
Jamb exam is never genuine, you are never sure of what you wrote till u see ur result.
During the Jamb eras especially PPT where candidates suffer alot. Somebody would put in heavy efforts and at the end get peanut.
What UI is trying to say is that, come they can give u the oppurtunity to prove ur worth without fear.
I wish all Universities would mimic this feat.
bros abeg help me tell them.
If u really have 283 go and prove ur self in post jamb.
It is simple 2+2 should be 4 not 2 or 3.
Help me to advocate the ui admission system.
JAMB is thrash even now there are miracle Centre in cbt.
I know of a man that help people in UTME cbt and all his candidates had 275+
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
simba1:
Lmao!
Jamb exam is never genuine, you are never sure of what you wrote till u see ur result.
During the Jamb eras especially PPT where candidates suffer alot. Somebody would put in heavy efforts and at the end get peanut.
What UI is trying to say is that, come they can give u the oppurtunity to prove ur worth without fear.
I wish all Universities would mimic this feat.
yes u are right ui is trying to say that u should come there is an equal opportunity for all
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by angiography(m): 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
ogagusps3:
Yes, but they join the 110 in 200, same with those transferring from other courses
There u go

Oau admits the others also in 200l.

I will say u shld talk bout UI that u know....and leave oau to be discussed by those that know her
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
angiography:

There u go

Oau admits the others also in 200l.

I will say u shld talk bout UI that u know....and leave oau to be discusses by those that know her
Don't say any thing u don't know I also know of oau.
The current part one student that were admitted are just 86.
There is no crossing from any department in oau to mbbs it is not allowed, there is no space for them.
In this current part two set nobody was allowed to medicine and dentistry.
The current part 3 set only 1 deeper life guy from micro biology was allowed to join mbbs.
The current part 4 set only 1 lady and she was not the person with best cgpa but because she was chanced to know the VC.
The current part 5 nobody crossed to mbbs.
Slot give to oau mbbs is 100.
And they most graduate more than that.
Their DE candidates are not more than 10.
And it includes jupeb and a level.
Who tell you I don't know much about the school.
See this guy
This year 16 were admitted on merit into mbbs
12 from catchment 4 from elds 10 from pd.
That is a total of 42.
The remaining 46 will be through leg.
If u want to argue i will upload the admission list.
Why do you think oau don't paste their admission list on their websites for the whole world to see.
They call themselves the leading ict University and u can't paste simple admission list on your website.
Why do you think admission process takes oau 4 month to conclude.
What are they afraid of.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 2:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
A girl in my department crossed to dentistry(this present part 2).
Vcojuro:
There is no crossing from any department in oau to mbbs it is not allowed, there is no space for them.
The current part 3 set only 1 deeper life guy from micro biology was allowed to join mbbs.
The current part 4 set only 1 lady and she was not the person with best cgpa but because she was chanced to know the VC.
See this guy
That is a total of 42.
Why do you think oau don't paste their admission list on their websites for the whole world to see.
They call themselves the leading ict University and u can't paste simple admission list on your website.
What are they afraid of.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by angiography(m): 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
Vcojuro:
See this guy
That is a total of 42.
What are they afraid of.
Lol...I rest my case

10 from PD??

You obviously don't know what ure saying

Stop confusing eager students who desire to study medicine in OAU... pls.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by angiography(m): 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
Vcojuro:
Take it or leave it.
No wonder they have the best medical school in Nigeria.
Shout out to the world admission into ui medicine is the best.
just have 200 in jamb and u are good to go
Guy e be like say OAU has fallen ur hands a lot of times.

If you love your school, good. But don't denigrade others. Does graduating from UI or LASU or OAU whatever has effect in ur eventual career??...Nay.

And all those conjured figure u put up there, abeg just edit them out....they re all lies. Though, I wish to bring a counterpoint, but why the need for argument....especially ones that doesn't make sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.