Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1837822 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:18pm On May 19, 2013
m.esther96:
hlo docz in d auz.got sm1 applying 4 mbbs in oou.is it advisable to study medicine n surgery ther? tnx

OOU has got full accreditation for MBBS.Choice is yours cool cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 10:14am On May 20, 2013
Shoutout to Oga Lagusta, lomax, d bestDoc, buzyguy and all other medics both aspiring and practicing, pls nominate me for the mr NL contest here-
www.nairaland.com/1296123/mr-nairaland-
june-2013-contest/1#1296123.55
Just type " I nominate obinnau, www.nairaland.com/
obinnau " Thanks one love!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mesther96(f): 10:26am On May 20, 2013
ok.tnx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:39am On May 20, 2013
@obinnau, u fine small. However, put a better pic with ur full face without ur medico glasses and ur hand not resting on ur chin like as if medico tinz don almost finish ya. wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 10:50am On May 20, 2013
alutacontinua: @obinnau, u fine small. However, put a better pic with ur full face without ur medico glasses and ur hand not resting on ur chin like as if medico tinz don almost finish ya. wink
haha aunt alutacontinua U don finish me o!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:54am On May 20, 2013
Obinnau: haha aunt alutacontinua U don finish me o!!

abeg, change am sharp sharp...make i go nominate you. cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 11:05am On May 20, 2013
alutacontinua:

abeg, change am sharp sharp...make i go nominate you. cool
its done!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ubechu1(m): 6:27am On May 21, 2013
Y do some pple go into medicine as a course,becos of money....i nid a little explanation plss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 7:08am On May 21, 2013
Lots of new people here
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:27am On May 21, 2013
Ubechu1: Y do some pple go into medicine as a course,becos of money....i nid a little explanation plss

because money is important in life. cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 11:44am On May 21, 2013
Pls gr8t docs help me,i dnt anymor av the incentiv to writ oau putme due to mass pass in cbt it slims my chnce.i really want to chang my institutn,pls is uniuyo ok and recognised 4medical programme like mbbs?thks in advnce!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 21, 2013
buzyguy: Pls gr8t docs help me,i dnt anymor av the incentiv to writ oau putme due to mass pass in cbt it slims my chnce.i really want to chang my institutn,pls is uniuyo ok and recognised 4medical programme like mbbs?thks in advnce!

I don't understand you. What incentive are you talking about?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 1:04pm On May 21, 2013
Got 283 in jamb, thinking of choosing UI as 2nd choice for medicine while OAU remains d first choice as a predite dia. Is dat a nice decision? thnks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 21, 2013
Amb Fitsaint: Got 283 in jamb, thinking of choosing UI as 2nd choice for medicine while OAU remains d first choice as a predite dia. Is dat a nice decision? thnks
ppt or cbt?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 2:00pm On May 21, 2013
#me@:
ppt or cbt?
It's Cbt.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 21, 2013
^ ^ ^I be like say the CBT dey make sense oo. My broda is in his exam hall at the moment. I really hope and pray he does well....ehhhmmm, he's nt medico oo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 21, 2013
Amb Fitsaint: Got 283 in jamb, thinking of choosing UI as 2nd choice for medicine while OAU remains d first choice as a predite dia. Is dat a nice decision? thnks

I don't think either UI or OAU wld accept 2nd choice. Look critically into their admission processes and see which one favours you more. Put that for 1st choice and put a state university e.g LASU for 2nd choice. My opinion.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 3:45pm On May 21, 2013
I mean courage
alutacontinua:

I don't understand you. What incentive are you talking about?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 3:49pm On May 21, 2013
Dr lagusta,dr alutacontinua pls help oo..i need advic.thks!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 21, 2013
buzyguy: I mean courage

Are you around the east? Why Uni-Uyo. I don't know much about them. Any Uni-Uyo student in the house?

If you think ur score wld not do you for OAU, abeg, obtain change of course form sharpaly. Wisdom is the principal thing! cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 3:51pm On May 21, 2013
My score 245 ma,i dnt knw if may leav it 4oau
alutacontinua:

Are you around the east? Why Uni-Uyo. I don't know much about them. Any Uni-Uyo student in the house?

If you think ur score wld not do you for OAU, abeg, obtain change of course form sharpaly. Wisdom is the principal thing! cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 21, 2013
buzyguy: My score 245 ma,i dnt knw if may leav it 4oau

Dt ur score low for OAU sha oo...dunno how the cbt jamb is gonna be bt from previous yrs, if u no get connection, 245 na long tin for OAU medicine. cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SamConquer(m): 3:58pm On May 21, 2013
Great Docs I Hail thee.Lagusta,alutacontinua,and the rest I can see You Guys Handiwork.kudos for that.I need You Guys opinion on this.Between Anatomy,Biochemistry,Physiology which Is more respected,which have more Job Opportunity and off course Good Pay.*smiles*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 21, 2013
SamConquer: Great Docs I Hail thee.Lagusta,alutacontinua,and the rest I can see You Guys Handiwork.kudos for that.I need You Guys opinion on this.Between Anatomy,Biochemistry,Physiology which Is more respected,which have more Job Opportunity and off course Good Pay.*smiles*

In this our naija, i'll say go for biochemistry. Dt looks lyk it has better prospects than the odas on d list. They're all great courses but I bliv u know the situation of our country.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 21, 2013
To all doctors in d house, senior medical stdnts and all who can chip in some advice, pls I got dis Q?s always bodering me, I want 2 knw if a sound (excelent) knowledge of PHYSICS will be needed at any level in medicine other dan 100/200 level. I ask dis foolish Q?s because my ability to comprehend physics isnt up2 standard, I jst read physics 2 pass which av never failed, but its always d subject dat draws down my mark in JAMB exams.
Tnx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyestephen(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2013
244 going for unilag's medicine and surgery
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 21, 2013
Chelcy10: To all doctors in d house, senior medical stdnts and all who can chip in some advice, pls I got dis Q?s always bodering me, I want 2 knw if a sound (excelent) knowledge of PHYSICS will be needed at any level in medicine other dan 100/200 level. I ask dis foolish Q?s because my ability to comprehend physics isnt up2 standard, I jst read physics 2 pass which av never failed, but its always d subject dat draws down my mark in JAMB exams.
Tnx

You don't need it except you want to go into the engineering part of medicine. Also, courses like radiography and dose that deal with stuffs like ultrasound and so on might need d knowledge. Besides that, just pass ur phy 101 and 102 in 100 level and proceed to enjoy ur stay in medicine. I believe simple everyday calculations should nt be a problem to you.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SamConquer(m): 4:23pm On May 21, 2013
alutacontinua:

In this our naija, i'll say go for biochemistry. Dt looks lyk it has better prospects than the odas on d list. They're all great courses but I bliv u know the situation of our country.
wow! biochem?*A bit surprise*when am even thinking it will be the third.Ma'am can you please expanciate a bit why you say biochem is at ''pole position'' of the listed opportunity than the others.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 21, 2013
alutacontinua:

You don't need it except you want to go into the engineering part of medicine. Also, courses like radiography and dose that deal with stuffs like ultrasound and so on might need d knowledge. Besides that, just pass ur phy 101 and 102 in 100 level and proceed to enjoy ur stay in medicine. I believe simple everyday calculations should nt be a problem to you.
hmmmm, am realy reliefed, tnx 4 clearifyng me. Simple everyday calculations is what I regard as arithemetics, loollz. Dat aint a problem.
Tnx 4 ur responds
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 4:38pm On May 21, 2013
I go with Biochemistry.
I don't advice people to opt for basic medical sciences like Anatomy and Physiology,you gain a great deal of knowledge about the structure and function of the Human body but their markettability isn't encouraging especially in Nigeria.Some of them Anatomy graduates compete for slots for bank jobs these days.

My opinion though!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DBestDoc(f): 4:41pm On May 21, 2013
buzyguy: Pls gr8t docs help me,i dnt anymor av the incentiv to writ oau putme due to mass pass in cbt it slims my chnce.i really want to chang my institutn,pls is uniuyo ok and recognised 4medical programme like mbbs?thks in advnce!

Answer to your last question-UNIUYO is recognized for MBBS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buzyguy: 5:00pm On May 21, 2013
Thks ma,am gr8tful
D_BestDoc:

Answer to your last question-UNIUYO is recognized for MBBS

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.