Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,662 members, 7,862,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1865666 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (908) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dabss(m): 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
Amb Fitsaint: House is not conducive for study at all. I just dey sleep kulakula and movie too dey distract. ANy prescription dat can be of help?
methamphetamine. grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
methamphetamine. grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mcslize: 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
MEDICOS IN THE HOUSE,

WHEN U GOT ADMITTED INTO MED SCHOOL, WHAT WAS THE SCORE THAT GOT U THE ADMISSION?

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR MEDICINE SINCE 2009, I HAVE NOT BE ABLE TO GET IT.

WENT FOR IT THIS YEAR BUT SCORED 62. CAN THAT GET ME THE MED?

PLS THOSE THAT ARE AHEAD OF US SHOULD REPLY ME. ALL UR ADVICE IS WELCOME
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mcslize: MEDICOS IN THE HOUSE,

WHEN U GOT ADMITTED INTO MED SCHOOL, WHAT WAS THE SCORE THAT GOT U THE ADMISSION?

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR MEDICINE SINCE 2009, I HAVE NOT BE ABLE TO GET IT.

WENT FOR IT THIS YEAR BUT SCORED 62. CAN THAT GET ME THE MED?

PLS THOSE THAT ARE AHEAD OF US SHOULD REPLY ME. ALL UR ADVICE IS WELCOME

62 in UTME ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
lomaxx:

62 in UTME ?

That should be post utme

If you scored that, then let's hope your utme score could marginalize the cut off. I'm not a blunt type but the only way I see you getting admission to study Medicine is by prayers.

Luck will shine on you if you truly want it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davidcarson(m): 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
hapi new month 2 my docs in d house... u guyz are doing great work here...remain blessed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
joeydozzy:

That should be post utme

Most likely.

You've said it all.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2013
wowww....looks like the house has been infested with love bugs 10k heavens m wraped with love-quito net wink ...yeah ,,ASUU strike cann make one relax...buh u'd just have to discipline urself..just take it that ur in school and exam is a week away.. If i'm permitted ,lemme just tease my fellow 150 lvl medics with these ?s: physics:at what angle is maximum shift experienced in compton's effect? The minimum frequency needed to emmit a photoelectron is called? Zoology:eukaryotic cells have DNA that is compexed with a protein called.......... The hormone responsible for negative feedback mechanism in spermatogenesis is called? Another name for lutenising hormone is.... Organic chemistry:what reagent can be used to differentiate benzaldehyde and formaldehyde.......RCONH2 is the general formular for what group of compounds?RCONH2 plus HONO would give......
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
glowin2shyn: hotoelectron is called? Zoology:eukaryotic cells have DNA that is compexed with a protein called..........

Histone. Na the only one wey I sabi grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2013
joeydozzy:

Histone. Na the only one wey I sabi grin

grin grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mcslize: 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
lomaxx:

62 in UTME ?

ya thats my UTME.
GOT SCREENING SCORE: 69

AGGREGATE: 62

i.e my Jamb was 219 which was divided by 8 to gie 27.375
and my screening score was divided by 2. 69/2 = 34.5

27.375 + 34.5 = 62

God knows I have tried my best. Bought Books, read day and night and was actually expecting more than that.

That could get me pure Medicine by the grace of God
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mcslize:

ya thats my UTME.

27.375 + 34.5 = 62

God knows I have tried my best. Bought Books, read day and night and was actually expecting more than that.

Can we talk?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
still?lol
Yes. 300l
ok bro, all the best.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
At times I wonder if the thread is for the medical students/practioners alone.
For crying out loud, where are the Lab dudes (erm, according to oga Lagusta), Nurses, Physiotherapists and Druggists?
Later now, you will be crying of marginalization, ohh, I see.
Anyways, kudos to those making the room lively jor, ur weldone.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mcslize:

ya thats my UTME.

27.375 + 34.5 = 62

like seriously, must u study medicine?
Im asking u this not cos u'r dull, trust me, medical schl is not all about intelligence, bt simply cos time is running out nd nt on your side.
Sit down, go through the jamb's brochure and make google ur best friend to evaluate wat u actualli want.
My brother, medicine is not a do or die affair, spread out your tentacles and widen ur horizons.
In a nutshell: THERE ARE OTHER COURSES IN THE HEALTH/MEDICAL WORLD THAT WILL SATISFY YOUR YEARNS.
All the best
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Joeprince2nd: 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
m.esther96:
aspirant
which scho did u applied?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mcslize: 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
lomaxx:

Can we talk?

why not? We can talk. Where do we get hook up? On the phone or whatsapp?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mcslize: 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
#me@:

like seriously, must u study medicine?
Im asking u this not cos u'r dull, trust me, medical schl is not all about intelligence, bt simply cos time is running out nd nt on your side.
Sit down, go through the jamb's brochure and make google ur best friend to evaluate wat u actualli want.
My brother, medicine is not a do or die affair, spread out your tentacles and widen ur horizons.
In a nutshell: THERE ARE OTHER COURSES IN THE HEALTH/MEDICAL WORLD THAT WILL SATISFY YOUR YEARNS.
All the best

i know it is not a do or die affair to study Medicine. But it is a call. There is different between those that got into Med school by pressure from parents wanting their children to stidy the course and those who were born with the passion.

I will like to say that if I don't study Med then my Destiny has been terminated. I pray it should not be terminated in Jesus name.

There is something God want to use me to accomplish in the Health sector. I am not just saying it cuz I knew right from time.

I will get this Medicine as a surprise and every soul will be Bless.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Simplefemo(m): 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mcslize:

i know it is not a do or die affair to study Medicine. But it is a call. There is different between those that got into Med school by pressure from parents wanting their children to stidy the course and those who were born with the passion.

I will like to say that if I don't study Med then my Destiny has been terminated. I pray it should not be terminated in Jesus name.

There is something God want to use me to accomplish in the Health sector. I am not just saying it cuz I knew right from time.

I will get this Medicine as a surprise and every soul will be Bless.
You have strong faith, with God on your side, all mountains are summontable.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mcslize:

why not? We can talk. Where do we get hook up? On the phone or whatsapp?

No, here. Nairaland - this thread.

I don't want to make you lose faith that 62 can give you the admission you desire. But at the same time, 219 as UTME score was low. Too low for MBBS.
How have you been preparing for these exams since 2009 ?
I mean target scores and study strategies.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mcslize: 10:40pm On Aug 02, 2013
lomaxx:

No, here. Nairaland - this thread.

I don't want to make you lose faith that 62 can give you the admission you desire. But at the same time, 219 as UTME score was low. Too low for MBBS.
How have you been preparing for these exams since 2009 ?
I mean target scores and study strategies.

2009 Jamb 232, 2010 Jamb 236, 2011 Jamb 245, 2012 Jamb 196, 2013 Jamb 219.

Post Jamb 55, 50, 62, nil, 62 respectively

i read text Books, Modern Biology, New school chemistry, Lamland series Bio and Chem. Past Jamb questions.

2011 I was given Animal and Environmental Biology but refuse to do clearance. Thats same year someone got that Med surg with 50 for post ume.

At present I am studying Biomedical engineering TECHNOLOGY in UBTH benin city. I am even writing my project now. And I am writing my last exam by this August to round off The ND
program.

I spent all the time reading for my post ume and it is now I am reading for my final ND exam.

I believe I will be given the Med this time around.

I will be coming here with the testimony soon
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dabss(m): 10:56pm On Aug 02, 2013
#me@:
At times I wonder if the thread is for the medical students/practioners alone.
For crying out loud, where are the Lab dudes (erm, according to oga Lagusta), Nurses, Physiotherapists and Druggists?
Later now, you will be crying of marginalization, ohh, I see.
Anyways, kudos to those making the room lively jor, ur weldone.
lol.
Bro pls change your signature.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 6:11am On Aug 03, 2013
glowin2shyn: wowww....looks like the house has been infested with love bugs 10k heavens m wraped with love-quito net wink ...yeah ,,ASUU strike cann make one relax...buh u'd just have to discipline urself..just take it that ur in school and exam is a week away.. If i'm permitted ,lemme just tease my fellow 150 lvl medics with these ?s: physics:at what angle is maximum shift experienced in compton's effect? The minimum frequency needed to emmit a photoelectron is called? Zoology:eukaryotic cells have DNA that is compexed with a protein called.......... The hormone responsible for negative feedback mechanism in spermatogenesis is called? Another name for lutenising hormone is.... Organic chemistry:what reagent can be used to differentiate benzaldehyde and formaldehyde.......RCONH2 is the general formular for what group of compounds?RCONH2 plus HONO would give......
hmm...let me answer some...The minimum frequency is threshold frequency,RCONH2 is amine group,luitenizing hormone?....chai!,i tink i never heard of d oda name.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 6:19am On Aug 03, 2013
@great medicos,What is Hematuria?,Uremia occurs where?,which vitamin is responsible for hair growth?,what is osteoporosis?.....#racking my brain for questions#
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dabss(m): 6:23am On Aug 03, 2013
Prince adebayo: @great medicos,What is Hematuria?,Uremia occurs where?,which vitamin is responsible for hair growth?,what is osteoporosis?.....#racking my brain for questions#
I don't want to kill your vibe. But don't u think anybody who has access to nairaland also has access to Google?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 6:29am On Aug 03, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
I don't want to kill your vibe. But don't u think anybody who has access to nairaland also has access to Google?
meaning?..or u mean i searchd google for d questions?....if so...i dey laff in chinese...i learnt all these things at my jamb lesson class togeda wit self reading becus of my passion 4 biology nd i stil hav more to ask if u want....#GBAM#
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dabss(m): 6:49am On Aug 03, 2013
Prince adebayo: meaning?..or u mean i searchd google for d questions?....if so...i dey laff in chinese...i learnt all these things at my jamb lesson class togeda wit self reading becus of my passion 4 biology nd i stil hav more to ask if u want....#GBAM#
you missed my point.
It's o'right sha. More power to your elbow
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JewelBukky(f): 6:52am On Aug 03, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
still?lol
Yes. 300l
course pls?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dabss(m): 6:59am On Aug 03, 2013
Jewel Bukky: course pls?
pharmacy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 7:00am On Aug 03, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
you missed my point.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Princeadebayo1(m): 7:01am On Aug 03, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
you missed my point.
damn!....i missd d point(remorse mood).....sorry boss if u were offended in anyway...tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (908) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.