Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. (1167 Views)

When You Meet Your Bae Family & See Her Younger Sister Is The Most Beautiful One / I Caught My Sister's Husband In A Club With Another Ladyy / Pleas Help!!! My Sister Husband Is Asking Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by solomto(f): 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
I hv a sista who suddenly falls in love with a guy she met recently and the guy was her choice of a man. The met months ago and my sister is crazy in love wt hm and the guy loves her too.
The guy is making plans to come for the introduction and other stuff that wl follow bt there is a problem,and the problem is that the guy is a strict vegetarian. I asked my sister if shes suspecting any cult behaviour from him or bn too religious and she said no bt said that their family including hs siblings were all vegetarians. My sista is nt a vegetarian and she likes meat that she cnt afford to deprive herself of that all d years of her life bt d difficult part of it is that d guy agreed that she cn be cooking meat seperately and be keeping it on the refrigerator for her own use and never to cook other meals wt d same pot. She said that d guy used to buy meat for her weneva they went for outing and he is too caring and a perfect gentleman.
pls cn this be a problem later for them or cn both be able to maintain it. Ur suggestions are highly welcome.tnks
Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by k2039: 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2012
He loves her and buy's meat for her.
So that means she can as well cook meat for herself when she gets married.

That one is a vegetarian doesnt mean one is in a cult

[b]Being a vegetarian means he values anything with life so much ([/b]I think his' is a family tradition).

Afterall I intend to be a vegetarian as soon as I get married

Love is all that counts and from your post the guy loves her,yeah she can proceed to marriage.

Just to be on the safer side they can as well talk about their different food orientation before they get married

Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by solomto(f): 8:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
thanks for ur reply bt if u become a vegetarian and ur wife doesnt want,can u be able to tolerate her and keep to her own principle wtout interferance?
Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by Digriz(m): 8:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
Am a type O blood and meat is what I naturally enjoys eating bt cnt marry a vegetatian as a wife. Bt in ur sisters case,i dnt think there wl be much problem since she wl be doing the cooking.,bt dnt b surprise that she wl later join her husband and bcome a vegetarian.
Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by chidyke77(m): 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2012
Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by chidyke77(m): 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
"millitant vegetarians" shouldn't date meat eaters.
Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by saintneo(m): 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2012
I find it difficult to understand the veggie philosophy. They eat living things too. Tree are living things, they've got feelings. They bleed when cut. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Back to topic
Finding a common ground is the key.
Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by Excelboi(m): 9:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
How person go dey wey no go like meat? How
Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
It sounds like they already have some amount of respect for each others choices about eating meat or not.So its a good foundation to build on in these regards. I dont see it as any problem at all. Im sure over time they will establish a routine for cooking that works for both of them. Im a vegetarian( I dont like meat) and I was in a relationship with a meat eater and it worked fine. We would still cooked meat for him, and he enjoyed the meatless food we made. No problem. smiley
Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by GeeCee(m): 10:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
Abeg why is the poster taking paracetamol for her sister's headache?
Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by jumsnarol: 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
What happens with d children, will they be allowed to eat meat or not. That is one very impt area she has to thrash out wit her soon to be hubby. Let dem agree to avoid anytin unpleasant in future.
Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by Rocktation(f): 10:43pm On Sep 16, 2012
C'mon girly, there is nothing to it. They'll be fine.
Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by Mynd44: 2:44am On Sep 17, 2012
There is noting wrong here as long as both of them are committed to making this work
Re: My Sister Is In Love With A Vegetarian Guy. by solomto(f): 6:41am On Sep 17, 2012
God bless u all for ur comments,i never believe its going to work bt nw am convinced.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Ten Commandments Of Women.. / A Truely Submissive Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.