Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,461 members, 7,954,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:46 AM

Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach (7300 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager / Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 6:43pm On Jan 18, 2008
and to think rooney started few games in wide positions? trust me, rooney is miles ahead klose. rooney scored 14 goals with 13 assists in the league alone. klose scored 13 goals with 7 assists. what is klose's contribution in other club competitions? he went to sleep. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2008
Klose made one domestic cup appearance and did not score as against Rooney who made 8 cup appearances and scored 5 times
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ dayokanu,
we can argue all day here but i wont budge. wayne rooney is better than miroslav klose. ferguson is better than ottmar hitzfeld and man utd are better than bayern munich. its not only my opinion. its a fact. let me educate u some more. only 4 clubs have done the treble. celtic in 1967, ajax in 1972, psv in 1988 and man utd in 1999. this simply means man utd was the last club to complete the treble. mr dayo, man utd is the only team in a grade a league that has ever done the treble. one can understand the scottish league and eredivisie are relatively weak  football leagues. u cannot say the same about the premiership, can u? this is the simple reason man utd is the best club in europe bar none.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by ritchboy(m): 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2008
man utd winning the treble almost 9 years ago is the reason they are the best team TODAY?
and there i was thinking dayokanu is the only person who uses daft dat logic.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2008
the only daft person here is u. no team has done the treble after man utd achieved it in 1999. pele's records of 12 goals in the world cup was talked about from 1970 till 2006 when ronaldo de lima broke the record. until another manager achieves the treble from a grade a league, alex ferguson and man united will continue to be the best in the world.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2008
I told you all Cougar is an aspiring comedian. but dont take it too far I cant laugh tonite
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2008
i could be charlie chaplin for all i care. ferguson/man utd is the last club and the only club from a competitive league to complete a treble.
bayern, milan, real madrid and barcelona have never done the treble despite their dominance in europe. until another manager from a grade a league breaks that record, man united can be regarded as the best football club in europe. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy 

too bad general hitzfeld wont be able to ever achieve that feat before he retires in may. its unfortunate for the general because as at the 90th minute on that fateful night in 1999, general hitzfeld was about doing the unthinkable for the bavarians-winning the treble. however, ferguson conjured magic with his wand and he took the ucl title away from hitzfeld's hands and won it for man utd thus completing united's treble. that alone is reason enough to place ferguson above hitzfeld. cheesy cheesy
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by BWK: 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2008
@Cougar
Well what can I say am kinda speechless
Calling the mighty Ajax Amsterdam a small club, one advise get ur facts right. Ajax is definely a bigger club than Arsenal, ManU = FU and Chelsea
Sir Alex greater than Ottmar pls give me a break. Let we ask u on what assumption. I need not need to remind u dat Ottmar has won d champions League with 2 different teams n also in terms of track record Otmar has a greater achievement to prove this. Alex has ben at manu for donkey yrs and has only managed to win D UCL once n dat was by chance. I think u need to contact ur GP.
Bayer has a better stadium and also we generate better atmosphere. Don’t let me remind of what Sir Alex said about ur so called theatre of dreams………………,
Again our clubs is better structure and hierarchy with leading figure from football and off it. We at Bayern do not rely on foreign money and sponsors
Just a comparison our major sponsor is T-mobile a german company whereas u lots have foreigner as sponsors like AIG, AUDI and so on
Checks out BBC football forum and their its even confirmed that EPL is not the best league in Europe
Calling Ajax a small club check this out
My advice do ur research first before coming with false claims
Top 5 UEFA's Badge of Honour Winners
From Alan Hylands,
Your Guide to World Soccer.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
The UEFA Champion's League (formerly known as the European Cup) is the most prestigious club competition in European football. Contested annually by the top clubs in Europe it is the highest accolade in European club football.

UEFA's Badge of Honour is awarded to clubs who reach the very pinnacle of Champion's League success by either winning five European Cups in their history or three consecutively. So far only five clubs have achieved the award of the UEFA Badge of Honour and been allowed to keep the trophy.
1. Real Madrid
The undisputed kings of the European Cup, Real Madrid were the first recipients of the Badge of Honour after amassing an amazing haul of six European Cup wins in the first ten years of the trophy's existence between 1956 and 1966.

Even more amazing is the fact that they won the first five between 1956 and 1960 consecutively with the great Madrid side including Puskas and Di Stefano.

Never a club to rest on their laurels, Real Madrid have since won a further three European Cups in 1998, 2000, and 2002.

2. Ajax Amsterdam
Ajax were awarded their Badge of Honour after winning three consecutive European Cups between 1971 and 1973. Under coaches Rinus Michels and then Stefan Kovacs they perfected the style of Total Football allowing all players to fluidly fill all roles in the side whether attacking or defending. With a side brimming with world class players like Johan Cruyff and Johan Neeskens, Ajax were able to dominate both the Eredivisie and Europe during the early 1970s.

Since then they have won both the UEFA Cup and the now defunct European Cup Winners Cup making them one of only three clubs to have completed the European treble.

3. Bayern Munich
Bayern Munich picked up where Ajax Amsterdam left off in the early to mid 1970s and were awarded their Badge of Honour for three consecutive European Cup triumphs between 1974 and 1976.

Led on the field by such German luminaries of their day as Franz Beckenbauer, Gerd Muller and Franz Roth, Bayern Munich beat Atletico Madrid, Leeds United and St. Etienne in successive years to cement German club football's superiority at the time as their national side became World Cup champions in 1974.

Bayern Munich have went on to win the European Cup again in 2001.

4. AC Milan
Particularly dominant in the late 1980s and early 1990s, AC Milan received the award of their Badge of Honour in 1994 after winning their fifth European Cup. Having won their first two European Cups in 1962 and 1969, the Rossoneri had to wait another twenty years before winning it again in 1989 under Arrigo Saachi and then retained the trophy the following year with a 1-0 win over Benfica.

The 1994 European Cup victory over Barcelona gave Milan the trophy they coveted the most after having been beaten in the previous year's final by Marseille and they have since went on to lift their sixth European Cup in 2003.

5. Liverpool
England's most successful ever club, both domestically and in a European context, took their European Cup tally to five in 2005 when they came from behind to beat AC Milan and write their name again into European football folklore.

Back to back European Cup wins in 1977 and 1978 and further victories in 1981 and 1984 had taken Liverpool perilously close to the coveted select few in the Badge of Honour club but it was Rafael Benitez's side of 2005 who finally made it to five wins.

Domestic success may have been barren in recent years but Liverpool will always have their European record to feel proud of.

@ritchboy

well mr gooner i shouldn't be arguing with an Arsenal fan for what?
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2008
bwk,
if u dont have anything to say, dont say nothing. u keep recycling the same garbage. hitzfeld has won the ucl with 2 different clubs but does that mean he is better than someone who has won it once? is uruguay(2 world cup winners) better than france and holland? the same hitzfeld could not take bayern munich to the champions league. hitzfeld coming back to bayern munich was his greatest undoing. he should have left the game when the ovation was loud for him. now, it will be in his record that he failed to take a club in bundesliga(grade b league) to ucl. this is something ferguson has not failed to achieve in a grade a league for 15 years.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by BWK: 9:17pm On Jan 18, 2008
SOURCE: http://www.sportingo.com/football/spain_italy_england_which_is/1001,3740

Views from objective fans and experts

Based on the number of times clubs have been successful in European competition, it would appear that La Liga and Serie A have the edge.
'England's top representatives have, of course, been Liverpool. I have never seen a side come out and work so hard. It’s laughable when Jose Mourinho insists they are a small club'
Football has been played in Europe for a long time - indeed, many of the top clubs boast more than 100 years of history. One wonders, though, which European league ranks best of them all.

It is unfair or even myopic to view leagues independently then go ahead and rate any one as the best. However, if the top European leagues are pitted against each other, one can claim with a level of authority which one is tops. The UEFA Champions League is now 52 years old, so let’s view the statistics which should suggest a solution to our problem. Statistics may not prove anything definitively, they do say something.

Clubs from Romania, Serbia, France and Scotland have each won the European crown once, while Portugal have taken it four times - FC Porto and Benfica both winning twice. Bayern Munich have achieved four of the six German victories while Holland have also won it six times, Ajax Amsterdam taking four of those titles. Ten victories are accredited to England, half of them collected by Liverpool, and of Italy's 11 victories, the trophy has gone to AC Milan seven times. Spain are also credited with 11 wins - nine of them, yes nine, going to the fabulous Real Madrid.

Based on these statistics, the Spanish and Italian leagues appear to be tops. Real Madrid's 1960s strike force of Ferenc Puskas and Alfredo Di Stefano was phenomenal. The '90s were quite good for Real, too, with a team sporting the likes of Raul, Fernando Hierro and Fernando Redondo a nightmare for opponents. But the Galacticos phenomenon has been Real's major undoing of late.

AC Milan and Paulo Maldini also deserve lots of respect, while England's top representatives have, of course, been Liverpool. I have never seen a side come out and work so hard. It’s laughable when Jose Mourinho insists they are a small club.

To separate Italy and Spain, we have to look at a different stage - the World Cup. Italy have been champions four times but Spain have never even been close to winning it. What a disappointment! Catennacio is the hallmark of Italian football, with gross efficacy the key word. Italians have always defined the art of defending. In the World Cup - which they won - they conceded just one goal in open play, which was in fact an own goal by Zaccardo.

Since my arguments may seem too academic, I have to concede that the most entertaining football is played in Spain. Flowing football from gifted artists resulting in the kind of intense title chase we have experienced this year. It usually goes right down to the wire.

Lastly, I pay tribute to the English. Their under-achievement on the pitch has been well documented and their lack of success is probably due to the fact that players tend to be overvalued and stuck with a 'world-class' label. But the ugly face of reality seems to pops up every time they appear in an international arena.

I REST MY CASE: The EPL is full of Rapists, hooligans like joey barton, overpriced players like darren bent and prima donnas reminds me of Hollywood

Credit where it’s due, though. England have succeeded in keeping alive the euphoria of winning the World Cup with frequent reference and highlighting - even if it was way back in 1966.
Which do you think is the best league in Europe? Post your comments below or submit an article to Sportingo.
Comment Comment
Rank it:

Print Print
Send to a friend Send to a friend
RSS Digg del.icio.us
Comments

Shane Robinson (18 / 06 / 2007 08:48)
Recommend Comment Quote
La Liga wipes the floor with the rest
Spain is far and away the best league. It's constant entertainment and there are always four or five sides competing, nopt necessarily the same sides either, each year, not counting Real and Barca of course. Granted Liverpool & Chelsea have knocked out Barca in recent seasons but the results of a knoc out competition should not dictate which league is the better. I have very seldom seen a game in La Liga that hasn't been fascinating to watch. Unfortunately in the Premiership you get so many dour encounters when one good game does come along it's lauded to the heavens and the Premsiership is regarded as the best in the World. It's not. Self praise is no praise!
Robert O Callaghan (18 / 06 / 2007 09:09)
Recommend Comment Quote
La Liga is the best.
With no doubt in my mind,La Liga is the best,like you have said Shane,I have rarely watched a La Liga game and not found it enjoying.And only with La Liga,more teams are in with a chance of winning the title.Real Madrid,Barcelona,Sevilla,Real Zaragoza,Atletico Madrid all are said to really go for the title for next year,when in England,realistically Man U and Chelsea seem to be the only real contenders this coming season,depending on if Thiery Henry goes or not,and Italy have Inter,A.C and now Juventus again maybe.So due to quality of matches and enjoyment of the football played and competition for the title I think Spain is the best,with no doubt in my mind.
Marco (18 / 06 / 2007 09:38)
Recommend Comment Quote

The Best!
The Italian and Spanish leagues are both very good, however I believe the Serbian league to be the most entertaining!
nibu (18 / 06 / 2007 16:38)
Recommend Comment Quote
rating on Europe football
They are the true players
Baz (19 / 06 / 2007 02:45)

Recommend Comment Quote
LA LIGA RULES!!!
I personally hate Spanish football and all it's trappings but I must admit that La Liga is by far the best league in the world at the current moment. Just look at how competitive the league race for top spot as well, the relegation battle was? With five games to go, 4 clubs had a chance to win it. And what a nail biter of a last day. With all their money and talent pool, Real Madrid and Barcelona can never take an opponent lightly, not even at home. When the champions lose 8 games in a season, I think that alone shows how competitive it is. And lets be honest, the talent pool is also very rich. I much prefer the English brand of footy but the gap between haves and have nots, is getting wider and wider. The Prem has no Getafe's ready to upset the old applecart at United or Chelski.
tracey (02 / 07 / 2007 19:14)
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 9:26pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ bwk,
nothing here says bundesliga is better than epl. somebody help me, does bayern munich play in the la liga? the link u pasted is someone's myopic opinion.
how many epl teams are still standing in the ucl compared to la liga? how many epl teams were in the semis of last ucl competition? how many epl teams topped their groups in last season and this season's ucl group stages. come back to me when u have an answer to all my questions. until then, epl rules.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by BWK: 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2008
FYI
never claimed the Bundesliga was the best league in d world but its surely better than the EPL
CASE CLOSED
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Iman3(m): 10:15pm On Jan 18, 2008
See this complete nutter using multiple ids to defend the Bundesliga !!! grin

Multiple ids are for when you are banned and you have no other choice but to create another id angry angry

If everybody started creating multiple ids to defend their case,this forum will descend into a farce.What a complete idiot.You didn't even bother to change your style.I knew it was you from the very first post.Dummkopf angry
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by BWK: 11:00pm On Jan 18, 2008
@I-man
Wer ist hier der Dummkopf du schwachkoft? Ich bin ein waschechter Bayern fan!!!!!
Who is creating multiple ids?
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Iman3(m): 11:28pm On Jan 18, 2008
@Dayokanu/BWK

Wer denken Sie, dass Sie mit der BWK Identifizierung täuschen? big up to alta vista grin

Or in simple English!

WHO THE F*CK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DECEIVING WITH THAT BWK MONIKER? angry
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by BWK: 12:01am On Jan 19, 2008
@I-man
Ich muss mich nicht rechtfertigen wegen dir. Dayokanu und BWK sind zwei verschiedenen personen also behalte denie verschwoerungstheorie fuer dich

@dayakanu
Wer u at mate.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by debosky(m): 12:19am On Jan 19, 2008
those silly views posted up there claim only MU and Chelski would compete, depending if T14 left. . .and now Arsenal is level on points with MU.

what else do you need to show that the dude is just talking crap?

Italian league is blah blah blah. . .AC won the CL but came 4th or is it 5th in Italy, wow thats really a display of the league's strength!

or the year Liverpool won the CL, where were they in England? you guessed it. . .5th!

Based on those two cases, we can safely conclude that making the CL the reference point in isolation is wrong, very wrong.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by ritchboy(m): 12:21am On Jan 19, 2008
apparently any1 can come up wid any theory/yardstick dat bodes well for their team and use it to claim greatness."bayern are a better team than man utd cos theyve won more ucl trophies". . . "man utd are the BEST team in europe cos they are the last team to win the treble".
Perhaps a derby county fan can come here and say "derby are the greatest team of all time because we lost 6-0 to liverpool".
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 12:45am On Jan 19, 2008
I have always told peeps here that the best team in the world is Madrid followed by Milan The UCL is the only valid basis for comparing clubs Someone from Italy would claim that Serie A is bigger so would someone from Spain but a UCL winner has to compete with teams from all over and win So UCL is the best basis to judge the best team.

Man Utd and co should go and win enough UCL titles to be reckoned with no one cares about local Laurels.

So Hi-man thinks BWK and Dayokanu are the same because they say the same thing well the truth is always constant we have a solid basis to rate our team i.e UCL trophies not unbeaten run, Treble, Profits, and other inanities like that.

Hi-man stay off drugs Jackal just give him the address of your psychiatrist.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by tkb417(m): 8:09am On Jan 21, 2008
BMW and dayokanu dunderheads!!!

Rooney is better than Klose cos he scored more goals last season!!
Dayokanu once said we shouldnt be using Injury as excuses

Hargo is better than Van Bommel. he was never benched for Bommel. Bommel was not even good enuff for Barca. he was ostracized from Barca.

The EPL is better than the Bundesliga
Reasons:
Check results of last season Harmburg Vs Arsenal
this season's Werder vs Chelsea
this season's Shalke vs Chelsea

head to head, the EPL will annihilate all Bundesliga representatives!!! so what more proof do you want to know the EPL is better!

Your players are leaving in droves!
The German captain left for the EPL, the second highest goal scorer left for the EPL and a host of others!

So BMW, go back to jail!
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 10:48am On Jan 21, 2008
In the last 4 seasons, Van Bommel has had more appearances than Owen Hargreaves at any club. Van Bommel is miles ahead of Owen Hargreaves no doubt.

Van Bommel was the linchpin together with Philip Cocu that almost strangled Milan in 2005 UCL against PSV. Van Bommel had 40 appearances for the Dutch National team in 6 years and scored 7 goals This is Owen Hargreaves 7th year with National team he has 39 appearances and 0 goals.

Man Utd was just a sucker to buy Hargreaves for that amount he would cost far less. No club outside England wanted him, He has no chance in Chelsea, Wenger does not but players who cant speak French unless he is very young. Liverpool prefer players of Latin Origin. Bayern can no longer keep Hargreaves as he was disgruntled so Man Utd was suckered into paying that much for a plater worth far less.

Rooney is better than Klose because he scored more goals last season!!

Benny McCarthy scored more than Berbatov, Wayne Rooney meaning Mc Carthy is better than the 2 right?

Moreover 31 games 13 goals and 35 games 14 goals just a little reasoning would tell you Rooney has a lower scoring ratio. Don't you know they play more games in EPL than in Germany?

This season Miro Klose 15 games 9 goals and Rooney 14 games 6 goals

Miro Klose tops the scorers chart in his league while Wayne Rooney has at least 14 players ahead of him including Darren Bent, Robbie Keane, Dave Kitson and other 30% footballers
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2008
Wayne Rooney is actually tied on goals with Martin Laursen the Aston Villa central defender. How Prolific. A Man Utd striker tied on gols with an Aston Villa defender.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by tkb417(m): 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2008
Benny McCarthy scored more than Berbatov, Wayne Rooney meaning Mc Carthy is better than the 2 right?

Moreover 31 games 13 goals and 35 games 14 goals just a little reasoning would tell you Rooney has a lower scoring ratio. Don't you know they play more games in EPL than in Germany?

Miro Klose tops the scorers chart in his league while Wayne Rooney has at least 14 players ahead of him including Darren Bent, Robbie Keane, Dave Kitson and other 30% footballers

someone who likes arguing based on facts should be able to stomach anhy FACT presented to support arguements.
When european golden boot winner is announced at the end of the season, no one asks how many games were played. last season, Rooney scored more goals than Klose.
This season, Klose has played more games and the difference between the two is miserly 5-6/

The end of the season, you can start throwing opaks as usual again and then the comparison with the defender in Villa can hold water.

Pls tell me how many goals Etto has scored this season. Dont tell me he has been injured.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by BWK: 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2008
@tkb
Please go to bed. No arguments have no validity. As previously mentioned EPL fans have no idea about football. Yor league is full of overpriced and hyped playerz with no class.
Manager and players in d EPL have no tactical awareness and please don’t u ever compare the Rooney to Klose its an insult.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Iman3(m): 1:52pm On Jan 21, 2008
dayokanu:

Ok,you don change your argument.Remember when you told me that only the amount of goals matter,when you were counting the goals Luca Toni scored in Serie B? Now you are saying we should look at games-goals ratio,idiot.

Don't simply look at the stats,watch the football as well.Quagliarella used to have a poor goals ratio this season,a friend of mine said that shows he wasn't all he was cranked up to be.Far from that!If you actually watch Udinese you will see the reason he had a poor goals ratio,he was playing on the flanks.When Marino moved him back to a central position,his goals ratio improved.

Same applies to Rooney,rushing to Wikipedia won't tell you that Rooney has played a lot of games for United on the flanks.How many times has Klose played as a winger? If you don't watch Barca,you won't know that Henry has been moved back to the flanks.Google is no substitute for actually watching football.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by ritchboy(m): 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2008
Rooney is a better player than Klose.Its not even worth debating.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2008
Please tell me how many goals Etto has scored this season. Dont tell me he has been injured.

Etoo has 5 goals in 6 games so don't even go there.

This season Klose has just one game more than Rooney and like 5-6 goals.

@ Richboi,
Rooney is better than Klose by going almost 2 seasons without a goal in UCL
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by BWK: 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2008
I think we should save our time and energy in debating with these folks. They clearly have no idea about football. I mean look at the EPL every time u watch a game Andy Gray also refer to LAMPS and Gerrad as world class, however to me they do not possess the attributes of a world class player I mean look at their performances for England even at their clubs they are not dat outstanding either. Same applys to Rononey come on am not saying the guys is bad but def not as as Miro Klose. I mean MIRO ALSO CONSTANTLY DONE IT FOR CLUB AND COUNTRY. Even your so called best player in the EPL Ronaldo is performance for Portugal aren’t great either .
Yes there is more money in the EPL but its surely not the best. Money isn’t everything. Money cannot buy success just look at Chelski
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2008
I dont know when rational thinking became a luxury most peeps cant afford. If you play 35 games and I play 3 games you expect us to score the same number of goals?

A strikers job is to score RVNistelrooy is a striker i respect but he's not the prettiest in terms of the way he score he can score with his anus as long as the ball enters the net. Do you think style used in scoring is considered when awarding highest goal scorer? High Man
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by ritchboy(m): 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2008
So according to you gerrard isnt a world class player,ronaldo doesnt play well for portugal and chelsea havnt bin successful since abramovic took over?
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Iman3(m): 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2008
dayokanu:

I don't know when rational thinking became a luxury most peeps can't afford. If you play 35 games and I play 3 games you expect us to score the same number of goals?

A strikers job is to score RVNistelrooy is a striker i respect but he's not the prettiest in terms of the way he score he can score with his anus as long as the ball enters the net. Do you think style used in scoring is considered when awarding highest goal scorer? High Man

That is why you are an idiot.If Ruud is converted into a winger,he will score far less than as a striker.A striker is only a striker in so far as he is playing in a striker's position. It is not about how you play,but [i]where [/i]you play.

Francesco Totti used to be a midfielder,when he was converted to a striker,he started scoring goals by the bucket loads.When Rooney started at Everton,he was playing on the right-wing.At United,Fergie often alternates him between playing on the flanks and playing as a striker.

If you start playing a person out of position,then a straight-forward comparison of goals ratio is virtually impossible. Klose shares none of Rooney's versatility.There is barely any basis of comparison.

An ignoramus like you would simply rush to google and start comparing stats as a substitute to actually watching football. Why not compare Martin Laursen's record to that of Riberry and Schweinsteiger combined.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2008
Rooney on the left then where was Ronaldo and Giggs playing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Hate Watching Barcelona Play. / Carling Cup Final: Arsenal Vs Birmingham City[1- 2] On February 2011 / Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.