Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? (27505 Views)

Pete Edochie Turns Into Gangster In New Movie Role [B-T-S Photos] / Flavor N'abania - Golibe, Featuring Pete Edochie (video) / Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by obailala(m): 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2012
Olu Jacobs & Pete Edochie

A little old skool clip of Olu Jacobs extorting cash from Christopher Walken grin grin

"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90qY-jVIp9M?version=3&hl=en
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Crown25: 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pls hw can u be comparin pete odochie an olu jacobs? Pete is de man ι̥ηcharge. U guyz shld be comparin Olu jacobs wit kanayo O kanayo joke silva taks de lead while liz benson shld go an seat down...
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by dont8(m): 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pete Edochie = Rafeal Nadal

Olu Jacobs = Andy Murray

Joke Silva = Serena Williams

Liz Benson = Maria Azerenka

For tennis lovers to judge.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
My turn now.
Pete is a natural actor, he is a pure description of what I'll call "born to act"
But Olu is jst too theatrical. He is excessively dramatic. He would do better been a lecturer in theater arts.
Joke is not comparatively adequate to Liz Benson. Liz is an actress. Joke is a script muncher. She never goess off scripts which is not so good as nigerian movie scripts are virtually hollow.She will make a good hollywood actress though where script precision is reverred.
Nonetheless, the four actors are 'gods' with a never-ending reputation.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by kcsider: 6:36pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pete Edochie & liz Benson. Shikena!
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by acidtalk: 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
ABEG I DIDNT ASK YOU GUY TO PUT TRIBALISM TO IT.
IT WAS A SIMPLE QUESTION.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by CARLISTO77(m): 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
[b]The apportionment and marginalization interwoven into Nigerian systems are being queered due to chauvinism,
traibalism, nepotism and despotism. The entity, called Nigeria, has nothing to be revered due to her populace scruples
of tandem, resulting to effete and convalescent state of adulteration of sovereignty. Virtually, many Nigerians never step up in their deterministic
echelon of thoughts, due to their bias-ply, tribalistic, pusillanimous mentality... Always comparing things based on tribal and sentimetal despicablenesswink at that stead, rather, people should always set criterions ingratiated towards judging topics, based on shrewdness, acuition of pluralism, merits, thoroughbred yardsticks and so on.. Hardly a Yoruba will accord merits deserved by an Igbo in a chosen field and vice versa...What a canticle of ridicules!!! That is among the chief reasons that Nigeria is still aback...Why will the Yorubas and the Hausas impede the Igbos the right to rule the country? And we aver that Nigeria is sovereign? I am not conceding to but receding from accusatorial asseveration, but only alluding to the bitter truth, that if we wish to move forward.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by damilarelr(m): 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
@jay1:
You forget to add the main Man Saint Obi.

I was thinking of Zack Orji.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Habeebpain(m): 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2012
I've watched a couple of Nigerian movies and believe me when I say there are no good actors. Being a good actor means being able to interpret roles ( not following the script alone but understanding the character and doing your own research work). That's why I'll always respect Colin Firth, Forest Whitaker and the late Heath Ledger for their roles in The King's Speech,The Last King of Scotland and Batman The Dark Knight respectively.
Until we have Nigerian movies that are based on original and true life stories and actors who can successfully interpret them would I choose who is a better actor and a better actress. Until then, let them continue their mumu acting, where they use Olu Jacobs as King or a rich Chief all the time.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by abysirius(m): 8:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
These guys are gr8. But not to take anything away from any of the other two: I'll simply pick Liz and Olu. Why? That's exactly what I will explain.

I Have watchd Liz played almost everything in nollyhood movies; ranging from being d bad woman as well as a good loving person with all her roles with an excellent touch of professionalism. Her sense of script interpretation is simply superb. Aunty Joke is equally good at this but I still wait to watch her play d bad woman and see if she can really match aunty liz.

The same is applicable to the male category. Uncle Olu is a complete actor that u can't even say this is his best role. Sometimes he's an angel. Another time is a devil. But definitely, we all know that Peter is alwys d 'devil'. So wen we think of eclecticism; it's Liz and Olu otherwise these 4 have done excellently well.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Chibest2000(m): 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
As 4 me o, it's olu jacob & liz benson.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by dont8(m): 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
Can we also judge them base on stage acting? If then, I'll go with Olu/Joke.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by momomomo: 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
i prefer this face and .....

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by blumail: 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
Keneking: Pete Edochie (Olu Jacobs) and Joke Silva (Liz Benson).

I know most Igbos will vote Pete as he is the Ikemba of Nollywood. Igbo kwenu...Iya....
Now on a serious part Olu Jacobs with due respect to his persona usually acts like an Igbo man who understands the tradition albeit he is only 'forming'. If only he can consolidate his strengths as an actor Yorubaly, then he will do well extremely. This is my N5,000 naira note!
Do us( Igbos) some good & speak for yourself. It's not like Pete Edochie is one mediocre actor & we're just trying to praise him unneccesarily.
Back to the question: I'll go for Liz Benson, sincerely I havent seen much of Joke Silva in films so I dont get the hype but I know she acts well. Pete Edochie all the way, Olu Jacobs has my respect too.... but there's just something about Pete, can't place my finger on it...
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Dhelake: 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
Nnamdi_g: Pete edochie and joke silva
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Willzkid(m): 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2012
cryJOKE SILVA TOO DEY FORM cry grin
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by eustocrat: 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
I prefer Olu Edochie and Joke Benson.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Sabotage4700(m): 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
This is a really though question... Cant just make a selection.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by firmcy(m): 11:52pm On Sep 18, 2012
olu jacobs beats pete edochie for sure
for joke silver and liz benson,liz has been out of the screen for quite a long time so she cant be used against joke silver but if it would be for their old movies,liz benson really beat joke silver cos she is very real when she acts.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Lenny5000(m): 12:29am On Sep 19, 2012
When you talk about good actors you have to include how versatile they are. Adapting to different personae..etc and that is where OLU JACOBS and LIZ BENSON beats EBUBE-DIKE PETE EDOCHIE and JOKE SILVER... both of them are too stereotyped. Pete just loved playing a Chief that everyone respects and he even demands it on set, while Joke Silver loves playing the aristocratic rich lady and that's where they lost it. Olu Jacobs plays different characters convincingly..and watch Liz Benson in the movie "Bridge stone" along side RMD and you will see what acting is all about. I cant even picture Joke Sliver playing a Local lady that speaks Pidgin...so there you have it! If Pete Edochie would leave this Ebube-Dike thing and ventures into more characters then we can see how versatile he is. The man once said he wont shave his beard for a role...etc Meanwhile Robert Nero was ready to eat Ice cream and any Junk food he could lay hands on to grow a big stomach for a role cos he doesn't want prosthetic but the real deal. Okay peeps I hope my take on this doesn't offend anyone.
Bless
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Meristem: 1:18am On Sep 19, 2012
acidtalk: ABEG I DIDNT ASK YOU GUY TO PUT TRIBALISM TO IT.
IT WAS A SIMPLE QUESTION.
I knew this would degenerate into a tribal war as usual. seun if u keep doing this to attract traffic ill close down NL.
@OP By the way that name is Pete EDOCHIE. Always get pples names spelled right. To do the contrary gives u away as a cheap n hollow personality who pays no attention to detail, n who is disrespectful. Back to yhe question? No Comments.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by dayokanu(m): 5:14am On Sep 19, 2012
Olu Jacobs and Liz Benson
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 19, 2012
Lenny5000: When you talk about good actors you have to include how versatile they are. Adapting to different personae..etc and that is where OLU JACOBS and LIZ BENSON beats EBUBE-DIKE PETE EDOCHIE and JOKE SILVER... both of them are too stereotyped. Pete just loved playing a Chief that everyone respects and he even demands it on set, while Joke Silver loves playing the aristocratic rich lady and that's where they lost it. Olu Jacobs plays different characters convincingly..and watch Liz Benson in the movie "Bridge stone" along side RMD and you will see what acting is all about. I cant even picture Joke Sliver playing a Local lady that speaks Pidgin...so there you have it! If Pete Edochie would leave this Ebube-Dike thing and ventures into more characters then we can see how versatile he is. The man once said he wont shave his beard for a role...etc Meanwhile Robert Nero was ready to eat Ice cream and any Junk food he could lay hands on to grow a big stomach for a role cos he doesn't want prosthetic but the real deal. Okay peeps I hope my take on this doesn't offend anyone.
Bless

I quite disagree! We re comparing Pete and Olu and we knw both of dem are quite limited to almost same kind of roles. I dnt think Pete hav acted King or Chief as much as King Olu. So as regards to this case, u shud basically compare them on how well they interpret roles and not d kind of roles they ve played.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by twizzymakazi: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2012
Pete edochie and Liz Benson
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by jayceejeffrey: 7:37am On Sep 19, 2012
LIZZZZZZY!!!...I love this Woman so much and I miss Her Just as i miss COSMO FM..LIZ BENSON AND PETE EDOCHIE ARE MY BEST
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by chucky234(m): 7:38am On Sep 19, 2012
Olu Jacob and Liz Benson are more versatile with roles,Pete and Liz are natural born actors.
In terms of stage act Olu Jacob and Joke Silva will dust Pete and Liz any day because no one can beat those two when it comes to stage act.
Overall Olu Jacob and Liz Benson any day,they are amazing and striking to watch.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by safarigirl(f): 7:50am On Sep 19, 2012
Qualities of a good actor include versatility and interpretation of roles. I've seen Pete in movies where he played the good character, saying Pete only plays evil roles is like accusing Patience Ozokwor of same (why isn't she included btw?). Though based on versatility, Olu gets an 8 as opposed to Pete's 5, Olu has acted King, Chief, Chief Priest, Elder, as he's played a rap!st, poor man, pervert, his versatility is just like Amaechi Muonagor's, Pete on the other hand won't be caught dead playing rap!st, he's almost as fixed as Chiwetalu Agu, but based on interpretation, Pete gets a 9 to Olu's 7, especially when you compare according to similar roles. Liz, though, is far ahead of Joke as far as on screen acting goes, but Joke takes it for stage. My final call, lies with interpretation, it's not about quantity but quality, Olu Jacobs is a jack of all trades, master of none, Pete Edochie is an ace in the few he commands. So it's Edochie and Benson.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Generalsmith(m): 8:06am On Sep 19, 2012
Time goes nd cum der tym is ova nw in d film industy
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Rachel123: 8:15am On Sep 19, 2012
r
hornipipe: Pete odochie and Liz Benson
cool
olu jacob and joke silver
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by daviesmania(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2012
Pete Odochie is to nigerian movie industry wat Pele is to world football. Olu jacobs can be compared to john terry. As 4 those 2 lousy chics, i give dem draw
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:44am On Sep 19, 2012
Pete Edochie.. Local Champion

Nigerias Number one..

Olu Jacobs .. His Pedigree is international.. Go and check his Wikipedia page.. His movies are are even on Wikipedia.. Pete Edochie has virtually acted as only 'OKONKWO' in all his movie career.. He dosent have a single international film under his belt!

Olu Jacobs has a greater C.V than Pete Edochie.. If we put sentiments aside, Olu Jacobs wins Pete Hands down..
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Afam4eva(m): 9:52am On Sep 19, 2012
Okija_juju: Pete Edochie.. Local Champion

Nigerias Number one..

Olu Jacobs .. His Pedigree is international.. Go and check his Wikipedia page.. His movies are are even on Wikipedia.. Pete Edochie has virtually acted as only 'OKONKWO' in all his movie career.. He dosent have a single international film under his belt!

Olu Jacobs has a greater C.V than Pete Edochie.. If we put sentiments aside, Olu Jacobs wins Pete Hands down..
Pete Edochie is a Nigerian actor and that's his base. Why should he act foreign movies to validate himself? The OP was asking for Nigeria's number one and thank God you alluded to the fact that Okonkwo owns that title.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maria Emerges Head Of House, Chooses Boma As Deputy / Celebrities Storm Kigali Rwanda For AMAA 2018 (photos & Updates) / Behind-the-scenes Raunchy Pictures Of 'Days Of Sin'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.