Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,038 members, 7,810,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places (7744 Views)

Erm, They Now Sell This In Public In Lagos? / FG To Ban NMA, JOHESU Over Incessant Strikes / Smoking in Public: Should It Be Banned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Biggyd2: 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2012
saxywale:
I would love to see a law on noise pollution too. Major culprits are worship centres.

Exactly! If something is not done fast, the noise decibels in Lagos, will get people deaf sooner or later.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Ariyke: 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2012
dat will be owk imagine i saw a man smoking india hemp on a popular ogba road yesterday afternoon, the guy even dey pose with the thing
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
Lagos always set the pace.............. No Doubt
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Austin117(m): 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
if dis can be don. Its really a step forward.
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2012
With the prejudice we have toward smokers in 9ja, that itself is a ban...lol.... ( Nkechi, that man smokes, he drinks, he is a sinner joor....Twaaa)....haha

Good move doe. Non Smokers would be protected from smoking inhalation if the ban goes into action.

Anything a government does that protects people's liberty is always a good thing...
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Orikinla(m): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
For the education and qualification you need for an occupation or profession so that you will not cause problems to the society by your ignorance and uncivilized character.
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by christall(m): 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
Let Nigeria be a holy country,I love it not only smoking others as fellow
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Dopefiend(m): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
Eko o ni baje oooo
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by gtmutu(m): 2:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
some times, I am amaze with Nigeria laws. but anyway, it is not a bad idea but in the act of enforcing the law that is where problems come in. because I know so many Lagosians are smokers.
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by olivertwist: 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2012
Even Fashola's critics on NL are beginning to take him for his word. They've realised that Fashola is not a joker or a comedian. When he says something, he backs it up with action. That's the number 1 sign of a very good leader.

Note: This is not a total smoking ban. There'll be designated areas for smoking like it's done in UK & some other cities.
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by dabossman(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2012
2sa2: How does smoking in public places affect Lagosians particularly and Nigerians in general. IMO, that's the least of our problems.#misplacedpriorities#

Seriously? May God not let you see someone dear to you wither away in the cold grip of cancer. Then you will know that light, water, food and house like Fela sang are the least of man's problems. Now say amen

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by greall1: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
Take it easy sir don't mind them jare

porryred: wetin concern govt if i smoke anywhere?imagine saying for health reason..wetin concern them with my health?dem wan give me money if i get cancer?where is d freedom of life then?abegii park well joor commissioner...
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by greall1: 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2012
Sir take it easy jare lol

porryred: wetin concern govt if i smoke anywhere?imagine saying for health reason..wetin concern them with my health?dem wan give me money if i get cancer?where is d freedom of life then?abegii park well joor commissioner...
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by greall1: 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
Fashola & tunubu also a smaoker.
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Clemzy16(m): 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
Very soon. We'll hear they've ban the use of condom. Mcheew.. Funny people. They should better not start what they can't finish. Because prohibiting smoking in public places, is like taking the life out of smokers.
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by dejgan: 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2012

So you are so un-educated to know that smoking is also dangerous to non-smokers who are around you when you smoke? What most of you want is freedom without responsibility like the one you have thru smart phones on social media.

You better wake up bro!
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
na Law like these naija government know how to implement. Law wey no go cost anything financially e.g

1. buy Helmet for your okada

2. ban smoking in public places

3. Dont cut trees for your compound

4. make okada no work after 10.00pm again

5. No Carry overload or pregnat person/animal etc

although all the above law na confirm, but make them dey spend money for other useful things wey go benefit the public. shkeeh
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by hardbody: 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
y'all giving thumbs up to this intended banning of smoking in public places. my question, what is teh definitin of a public place? Legally that is.
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
hardbody: y'all giving thumbs up to this intended banning of smoking in public places. my question, what is teh definitin of a public place? Legally that is.
Public place is any place you cant go unclad
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
dahonestboss: na Law like these naija government know how to implement. Law wey no go cost anything financially e.g

1. buy Helmet for your okada

2. ban smoking in public places

3. Dont cut trees for your compound

4. make okada no work after 10.00pm again

5. No Carry overload or pregnat person/animal etc

although all the above law na confirm, but make them dey spend money for other useful things wey go benefit the public. shkeeh
Oga. This one no be FG. This na Lagos state ok? As for ur latter comment,when last did u enter lagos? Take a trip there and check if their policy are not affecting common man and my advice. Try get ur facts b4 posting so u dnt post ignorantly
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Revolva(m): 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2012
See make dem come my area dem go catch boiz tire can u imagine to smoke again na crime -- haha I keep wondering where and wat part ofd city dis law will work - talk about the slums where pple dey bazz 247 -so they mean if some one buys ciigerette some snitch will start monitorin dem if they lite it up ..wahala dey oo - suppose say na weed no wahala even weed is more medicinal sef - prison go full o rubbish
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by dmosthigh(m): 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
afam4eva:
When it comes to implementing, Lagos government sabi that one. It's just that they take it over the roof. They may even arrest you inside your room smoking claiming that once more than one person is in a room, it becomes public.

Believe me G̶̲̥̅̊μ̥ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ u dey high!
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by armadeo(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
Evil Brain: They should definitely ban smoking in public places. The smoke harms innocent third parties, sometimes even more than the smokers themselves. People who work in bars and beer parlors shouldn't have to risk getting cancer just to make a living. If you want to smoke, do it in your house or your car and stop forcing others to inhale poison.

Next, we need harsher sentences for drunk drivers and a review of the "prison for taking one way" law.

Demand and supply bro. No be by force to work for bar, very soon dem go ban air.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by armadeo(m): 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
dejgan:

So you are so un-educated to know that smoking is also dangerous to non-smokers who are around you when you smoke? What most of you want is freedom without responsibility like the one you have thru smart phones on social media.

You better wake up bro!

Pls define public place.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Tunmi(f): 7:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
Now this I don't mind. This makes more sense than the "no smoking in your own car" law. This is a good step.

Evil Brain: They should definitely ban smoking public places. The smoke harms innocent third parties, sometimes even more than the smokers themselves. People who work in bars and beer parlors shouldn't have to risk getting cancer just to make a living.

Next, we need harsher sentences for drunk drivers and a review of the "prison for taking Obe way" law.
I agree, we do need harsher sentences for drunk drivers and the "prison for one way" law really needs to be revised.
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by ZeusI: 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2012
afam4eva:
I hope when they ban something that you like, you'll still be impressed.
Hahahaha your manner of question makes you sound un-impress.
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by ZeusI: 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
Anyone who speak against this move shall henceforth be considered a smoker, against say nay!
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by jobaskia(m): 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
I Strongly believe that the carbon monoxide emission from all vehicles should be taken into consideration not only cigarrete . The CO is more hazaradous and not nicotine of a cigarrete . The co gives us a double secondary tuberculosis. Let them work first on how the enviroment should be greener b4 making laws and laws . Abegi they should stop putting the cart b4 the horse
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by obuksjr(m): 10:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
afam4eva:
I hope when they ban something that you like, you'll still be impressed.
Sorry my bro,we know that you will be affected with the ban development but just bear with us....kpele
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
Well I hope say dem no go stop me from smoking my GARRI undecided
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by stmarc32(m): 4:59am On Sep 19, 2012
Do there mofos travel outside nigeria and just try to apply western rules to us? Nigerians are at a higher risk of developing any sort of repiratory disease by simply inhaling the poisonous fumes coming from those danfos and BRTS ..... Misplaced priorities
Re: Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places by mbhs139(m): 7:11am On Sep 19, 2012
afam4eva:
When it comes to implementing, Lagos government sabi that one. It's just that they take it over the roof. They may even arrest you inside your room smoking claiming that once more than one person is in a room, it becomes public.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Guy, you dey madt ni?

See wetin you cause, you don let me spill tea for my shirt. Infact, I will report you to Fash that you be banned for causing this huge laughter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

City Drugs Nigerian Health / Best Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Eczema Permanently / Government To Sanction Health Practitioners Prioritizing Money Over Saving Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.