Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. (16371 Views)

Names Of Those Who Made 2nd Ministerial List - The Cable / Message For The Mods: Nairaland's Names Of Tribal Bigots. / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:22pm On Sep 23, 2012
Ikenna351:

An embarrasment to my family? A sell out of Igbos? What could i have said in that post to have deserve these?

Was there anything i said there that was a lie? Besides, since when has owning a shop becomes degrading? Have you bothered to findout how many millions of profits are made in some of those shops on daily, weekly or monthly basis? Have you taken time to findout how many of those shops are owned and run by graduates, Degree or Masters holders? I get it. You are still living in the past.

Not everyman is destined to make a living, a better one, with white colar job. The richest men on Earth are not salary earners, rather, businessmen. That a man wears tie everymorning to work, is not what gives value to the man, but what he was able to achieve at the end of the day, week or yearly.

But I understand why you failed to understand that my post. Some of us are still victims of mental colonization.

Ikenna.

I will not call you names or anything like that.. I don't think you had any intention spewing any form of bigotry.. However, using 'business' to describe the Yoruba mans 'source of income' and using 'shop' to describe that of the Igbo man is still what it is, which is 'ethinic profiling'. Igbo men do own companies like Innoson whose business is not a 'shop' and employs across all ethinicities, yet you subconciously chose to describe the Igbo mans business with the word 'shop'.

I would advice you simply apologise for the heck of it. I personally don't hold it against you as I am almost certain you didn't have any ulterior motives in that post..

This thread is not about ethinic bigotry but to address the abuse of authority by certain Mods.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Ikenna351(m): 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

I will not call you names or anything like that.. I don't think you had any intention spewing any form of bigotry.. However, using 'business' to describe the Yoruba mans 'source of income' and using 'shop' to describe that of the Igbo man is still what it is, which is 'ethinic profiling'. Igbo men do own companies like Innoson whose business is not a 'shop' and employs across all ethinicities, yet you subconciously chose to describe the Igbo mans business with the word 'shop'.

I would advice you simply apologise for the heck of it. I personally don't hold it against you as I am almost certain you didn't have any ulterior motives in that post..

This thread is not about ethinic bigotry but to address the abuse of authority by certain Mods.

Apologise to who and for what reason? For mentioning shops with Igbos or for trying to correct him for saying all Yorubas employ only yorubas, using myself and my office as an example?

What is it with everyone about Igbos and shops? Is it not a fact anymore that its what Igbos are known for? Have you forgotten that Onitsha Main Market is used to be referred as the biggest market in West Market?

Fine. Let me break it down for you. Name all the big markets in Lagos. Go and do headcount there and come back and tell us, out of all the shops there, how many are owned by non Igbos. I stay in Abuja. I can tell you most of the shops in Wuse market, if not more than half, are own by Igbos. We are not even talking about Utako and Nyanya markets. What about Kano and other northern states? Like I said in my first post here, lets not go there.

Igbos are good in trade: buying and selling. All those storey buildings in Onitsha were not built by govt, but by individuals, what they made from Onitsha main market. Onitsha is what it is because of the Onitsha Main Market. We are good at it and am proud of it. If you are not, thats not my problem.

90% of Igbos that own shops employ their clan, village, town or state boys or girls to help in running the shops. Some are taken to come and learn trade (as apprentices) and would be settled after some years to start theirs. I grew up in the East, incase you want me to enlighten you more.

I dont want to derail this thread more than i have done. But i just needed to let you know that using shop for Igbos as an example was ok, because thats what we are known for, and there is nothing wrong with that. Besides, that am an Igbo does not mean i must paint everything about us, the Igbos, as perfect. We have our flaws, issues. Every tribe does.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by eaglechild: 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2012
Ikenna351:

Apologise to who and for what reason? For mentioning shops with Igbos or for trying to correct him for saying all Yorubas employ only yorubas, using myself and my office as an example?

What is it with everyone about Igbos and shops? Is it not a fact anymore that its what Igbos are known for? Have you forgotten that Onitsha Main Market is used to be referred as the biggest market in West Market?

Fine. Let me break it down for you. Name all the big markets in Lagos. Go and do headcount there and come back and tell us, out of all the shops there, how many are owned by non Igbos. I stay in Abuja. I can tell you most of the shops in Wuse market, if not more than half, are own by Igbos. We are not even talking about Utako and Nyanya markets. What about Kano and other northern states? Like I said in my first post here, lets not go there.

Igbos are good in trade: buying and selling. All those storey buildings in Onitsha were not built by govt, but by individuals, what they made from Onitsha main market. Onitsha is what it is because of the Onitsha Main Market. We are good at it and am proud of it. If you are not, thats not my problem.

90% of Igbos that own shops employ their clan, village, town or state boys or girls to help in running the shops. Some are taken to come and learn trade (as apprentices) and would be settled after some years to start theirs. I grew up in the East, incase you want me to enlighten you more.

I dont want to derail this thread more than i have done. But i just needed to let you know that using shop for Igbos as an example was ok, because thats what we are known for, and there is nothing wrong with that. Besides, that am an Igbo does not mean i must paint everything about us, the Igbos, as perfect. We have our flaws, issues. Every tribe does.

Ikenna.
Pls what is the level of manpower required to run a "SHOP" vs a "BUSINESS".
Don't u see that by the use of the former(shop), as referred to in our local context, a ceiling has been put to the nature of "business" being run and thus the subsequent manpower required?
Eg an electronic shop, a motor parts shop etc . How many pple are needed in such a shop and how feasible is it then to employ other ethnic groups.
Vs a "business enterprise" which maybe of any scale.
That is the simple reason Okija Juju referred to it as ethnic profiling by the discriminatory use of those terms. U shld have stuck to shop or business in both egs. if u wanted to be sincere.
However u unwittingly or more likely purposefully chose not to.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
I think that maclamtunji is nothin buh e-terrorist. He didnt deserve to be a mod.
I really dnt have any problem with islam section being created or for muslims alone. I dnt give a shiit abt it anyway. Buh will implore seun or other super mode! Dnt put any topic from that section to homepage since none muslims are unwanted there! Its like rubbing it on the face of non muslims in dis forum

2 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

lol who is this sef?
Your post reminds me of one old nler. But make I no talk am.

*190* lipsrsealed

angry
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
onatisi:
hahahahah,ok this is it ,some of them are boys trying to behave like men,while some of them are matured ols men trying to behave like boys just to feel young again.really really funny

there is something about NL that brings out the worst in people. grin
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
onatisi:
there is no mod with that id ,the only id similr is sexkillzs,or is he the one u are refering to?

LOL

grin

#DrySnitching.
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
@ cheddarking

Deez Niggas wanna call me FAT,Deez Niggas wanna call me FAT,Deez hoes cant hold my SNACKS, Noo angry

grin grin

wtf?

Anyway @ topic, i dont have a personal beef with any of the mods, but like I said there are a couple who instigate and take sides when beefs pop up.

Now I understand they...we are all human, but if you have a duty to monitor and prevent, then do your job.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Johnny(m): 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

ok then. But I think it will be a shame when people start listing mods and 99 percent are Yorubas. and they say it's Nairaland when it could have been ACNland oh well

Or Yorubaland!!

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by ugo2u(m): 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
cool
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by topsyking: 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2012
JUSTWISE of travel section..
Why? Cos he is a crackhead...I think he is on sometin...coke
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by topsyking: 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2012
JUSTWISE of travel section..
Why? Cos he is a crackhead...I think he is on sometin...coke I guess
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Freiburger(m): 6:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
lol @ Thread and its comments. grin
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ikenna351:

Ikenna.

That is very Good and i respect Igbos for that. that is one of the reason what tribes are meant for. to help each other members and to work for each other as mutual cooperation and brotherhood. Truly! cool
Re: NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why.. by Chekitaut: 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
please free my Topic post, Moderator show show yourself. i have question to ask

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

JTF Kill 30 Civilians In Maiduguri In Reprisal Attacks / Jonathan Gave It All As Jesus Christ Did – Fayose / We Can’t Disclose Details Of Buhari’s Assets - CCB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.