Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily (4969 Views)

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2012
I was shocked in another thread when my beloved JW friends denied that Jesus Christ DID NOT resurrect bodily.

And then our Trinitarian brother said Jesus existed as the second part of the trinity before he came to earth.

This brought fear and tears to my eyes.

I will tell you why :

1. If Jesus Christ did not resurrect bodily then what hope have the dead who are locked in their graves ?

"12 Now if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. 15 We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished." - 1 Corinthians 15:12-18

2. If Jesus Christ existed as second person in a Trinity, then the whole purpose of the gospel is defeated because it means that the word of GOD did not become flesh and this in my opinion is wrong.

Brethren, what is so hard in accepting that God begat a Son in the flesh through his Word , this Son scarified his life for you and me through the Spirit , died , rose again in bodly form and now has the keys of hades and death to give eternal life through the Spirit to all who will place their faith in him.

Why are we following the doctrines of men through the teachings of our institutions.

Consider this , please do, let us not be part of the apostate church .

thanks.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by ijawkid(m): 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
Frosbel....

Scriptures as this one led us to that conclusion....

1 peter 3:18.....

##.....New American Standard Bible (©1995)
For Christ also died for sins once for all, the
just for the unjust, so that He might bring us
to God, having been put to death in the flesh,
but made alive in the spirit;

##.....American Standard Version
Because Christ also suffered for sins once,
the righteous for the unrighteous, that he
might bring us to God; being put to death in
the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

.....##...

Weymouth New Testament
because Christ also once for all died for sins,
the innocent One for the guilty many, in order
to bring us to God. He was put to death in the
flesh, but made alive in the spirit,

I mean if Jesus died or was put to death in d flesh why on earth wuld he ressurect in the flesh again??

Then it means Jesus is in the heavens with flesh.....

That's d problem.......
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Enigma(m): 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2012
frosbel: I was shocked in another thread when . . .

And then our Trinitarian brother said Jesus existed as the second part of the trinity before he came to earth

This brought fear and tears to my eyes
. . . .

2. If Jesus Christ existed as second person in a Trinity, then the whole purpose of the gospel is defeated because it means that the word of GOD did not become flesh and this in my opinion is wrong.

Brethren, what is so hard in accepting that God begat a Son in the flesh through his Word , this Son scarified his life for you and me through the Spirit , died , rose again in bodly form and now has the keys of hades and death to give eternal life through the Spirit to all who will place their faith in him.

Why are we following the doctrines of men through the teachings of our institutions.

Consider this , please do, let us not be part of the apostate church .

thanks.

Is this taking things to a whole new level?

Could you please clarify what exactly you mean? Especially:

- when did Jesus first come into existence or began to be?
- was it when He was conceived of the Holy Spirit or when He was born?
- or did He exist before He was conceived and born?

Clarification will help to understand you and not misrepresent what you are trying to say. Thanks. smiley

cool
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2012
Enigma:

Clarification will help to understand you and not misrepresent what you are trying to say. Thanks. smiley

cool

It was when he was conceived of the Holy Spirit through the WORD of GOD.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Enigma(m): 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
frosbel:

It was when he was conceived of the Holy Spirit through the WORD of GOD.

Thanks.

Kyrie Eleison. cry
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2012
Awesome, Frosbel. sad This is getting very bad, brother. Very very bad. Jesus was not pre-existent? I am just tired cry

@Enigma, what does the expression mean?
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by ijawkid(m): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2012
Frosbel I need ur sincere exegesis on 1 peter 3:18....

The witnesses didn't reach that conclusion based on d fact that we know it all....

In order for scriptures to rhyme,we drew that conclusion......

Many say Jesus is with flesh in heaven,but JW believe Jesus is a spirit person right now in d heavens just as d angels are......

Why??

Because FLESH and blood or FLESH does nt live in heaven....
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2012
Enigma:

Thanks.

Kyrie Eleison. cry

To suggest otherwise is to try and explain the impossible.

Which is :

- God ( Father ) conceived GOD ( Son ) through GOD ( Spirit )

A number of problems with this.

1. God is a Spirit, so this means automatically that 3 Spirits were involved.
2. God is supposedly one but 3 persons , So one person was missing after this exercise.

- When Jesus was born as a baby , he had GOD in him, which is to say the second person of the trinity was in a baby, and yet this same baby knew NOTHING , had to learn the scriptures, had to be nurtured, had to be anointed by the so called Third person of the Trinity.

It all starts to get messy from here.

Let us stay simple with the pure and unadulterated scripture.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Enigma(m): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
Ihedinobi: . . . . @Enigma, what does the expression mean?

It means "Lord have mercy"! cry
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
Ihedinobi: Awesome, Frosbel. sad This is getting very bad, brother. Very very bad. Jesus was not pre-existent? I am just tired cry

A thousand years of 'church' apostasy does not take 1 week to debunk grin
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2012
Enigma:

It means "Lord have mercy"! cry

Ok. Thanks. And Amen cry
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
frosbel:

A thousand years of 'church' apostasy does not take 1 week to debunk grin

What can I say? "If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" "If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death. I do not say that he shall pray for it." Dear Lord, I beseech Thee, have mercy.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2012
In John 5:30 Jesus repeats again, "I can of mine own self do nothing." Could Jesus do anything of Himself alone? He said He could of His own self do nothing.

Did God ever do anything by Himself? In Isaiah 44:24 it is said of God, "I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself."

Many say that Jesus helped to create the earth or that He was the Creator, but here the speaker said, "I stretched forth the heavens alone and spread abroad the earth by myself." Jesus said, "I can of mine own self do nothing." The disciples of Christ knew full well that Jesus was not God, neither any part of a trinity Godhead, but was the Son of God, begotten by the Spirit and power of God according to the Word of God born of the virgin Mary. Born - really born - not incarnated, but born!

I would like to say here that the words "pre-existent" , "trinity" , and "incarnate" are nowhere found in the Bible. They are terms put to use by the satanic host to deceive ministers and churchgoers and to rob them of ever knowing the real Son of God. This is what Peter had reference to in 2 Peter 2:1 when he said, "There shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction."

Friends, do you deny the Lord that bought you? Do you know which Lord bought you? It could not be God Himself, for God cannot die. It cannot be a trinity Christ, for He would be equal with God. Since God cannot die, neither could a trinity Christ. The Scriptures declare that Christ died for our sins. (1 Cor. 15:3) According to the Scriptures, the Son of God, born of a virgin, brought into existence by the power of God, being anointed with life from God, power and authority from God, died for our sins, thus giving His entire life for us. But, thanks be to God, He raised Him up from the dead.

The world, by accepting the pre-existent theory and the doctrine of the trinity, deny the flesh and bones that God caused to be born to be our Savior. Dear friends, if you deny the flesh and bones that God caused to come forth to life from Mary's womb, you deny the Lord that bought you. This is what Jesus had reference to when He said that many false Christs would arise and deceive, not a few, but many. Today more people believe and pay tribute to and glorify and pray to a false Christ, who never did die for them, than they that accept a flesh-and-bones Savior who died on Calvary. The false Christ is the pre-existent Christ, the trinity Christ, the Christ that is said to be God Himself. The true Christ is the Son of the living God and the anointed of Him.

In John 6:57 we find, "As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father." Notice that the living Father sent the Son. Could one God be equal with another when one was sent of the other? Notice also Jesus said, "I live by [and through] the Father." Without the Father, Jesus never would have existed and had life.

In John 7:16 Jesus said, "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." If Jesus were God Himself or a part of a trinity God, how could He say, "My doctrine is not mine" ? If Jesus were equal to the Father and the doctrine He was giving was not His, d[b]oes Jesus have a doctrine just as equal and powerful and strong as the doctrine of His Father?[/b] And does the Holy Spirit also have another doctrine? Would their doctrines be the same or different?

Jesus gave us to know that He had nothing to do with the origin of the doctrines which He spoke. They originated with the Father, and the Son merely spoke the doctrines of the Father. In John 7:28 Jesus said, "Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not." If Jesus were God Himself, would He not have had to send Himself? He said, "I am not come of myself." Friend, did you or I come of ourself? We had nothing to do with it. We did not come into existence by our will, for we had no will, no life, no intellect, until we were born. The same is true of Christ. Jesus did not come of Himself, but God sent Him. If there were three equal Gods, why would one God send another one of the other two to die? If one could send one of the other two to die, would not the one that had power to send be greater?

In John 8:28 Jesus said, "I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things." When one God has to be taught of another God, the God that does the teaching would be the greater. If Jesus were co-equal with God and co-existent with Him, He would not have to be taught from the Father.

Again, Jesus said in John 8:42, "I proceed forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me." Jesus told us in John 10:18, "I have power to lay it [my life] down, and I have power to take it again. " Where did He get this power? He said, "This commandment have I received of my Father." When one person gives another person commandments, one is supreme to the other. Jesus said in John 10:29, "My Father ... is greater than all."

Friends, do you not understand that Jesus is the anointed flesh and bones which God brought forth to life by His Holy Spirit, His own power, and that there is no other Savior of truth who could die for us? First John 2:22 says, "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Anointed One?" Friend, if you contend that Jesus is God Himself, or a part of a trinity God, or a pre-existent Jesus, with power to create before He was born, then He could never be anointed by the Father.

Understand this, "He is antichrist that denieth the Father and Son." The Father is God and Jesus Christ is His Son, born of the virgin by the power of God. They are two separate and different beings. Anyone who denies this is antichrist. Which side are you on?

May God help you to believe in His Son, even as the Ethiopian eunuch, who said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

Source
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
Enigma:

cool

Enigma, that was a brilliant kweshun. As if you had read my mind, that was the next kweshun I was about to ask him to open a pandora box.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 20, 2012
One Joy I have , is that I no longer have to subject myself to the doctrines of MEN.

I read the bible through the lenses of God's wisdom.

Anyhow , Jesus was not mainstream and neither were his disciples, I am content to remain within a small minority !

"Friends, do you not understand that Jesus is the anointed flesh and bones which God brought forth to life by His Holy Spirit, His own power, and that there is no other Savior of truth who could die for us? First John 2:22 says, "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Anointed One?" Friend, if you contend that Jesus is God Himself, or a part of a trinity God, or a pre-existent Jesus, with power to create before He was born, then He could never be anointed by the Father."

Father give insight to my brothers !
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by aletheia(m): 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2012
Why follow frosbel on his endless circular journeys that end in nowhere. . .there will be nothing said here that hasn't been said on this other thread, for example:

frosbel: But how can you use the analogy of one Molecule of water to explain the trinity , surely that is a desperate attempt
And you are desperately blind. One molecule of water? Don't you read? Can't you read. You are as ever the inconsistent hypocrite. Stop whining. If you can attempt to reduce God to Euclidean 3-dimensional arithmetic, I can also attempt to explain using examples from the physical universe.

Here is the answer I gave you. . .
aletheia:
H2O is one substance and yet to us on occasion is
1) ice (solid),
2) water (liquid - it's most common presentation) and,
3) steam (gas)

To the uneducated, this would appear to be 3 different substances, but we know it to be all H2O.

Similarly to pagans like you, God would appear to be three, but to His Children, He is One.

God has revealed Himself to man in a progressive fashion, making his attributes known to us. He has been active throughout history as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit even right from Genesis 1.1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (Gen 1:1-3)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (Joh 1:1)

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(Joh 1:14)

Your confusion arises from thinking Spirit is like Flesh. Will you now reject the witness of John.
1. The Word was with God shows that the Word is somehow separate from God.
2. The Word was God shows that the Word is God
Indeed it was a mystery only revealed in Jesus that the Word is God and yet separate and distinct, something clearly shown in the Revelation of Jesus:
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. (Rev 4:2-3) From Ezekiel, we know that what John saw here is "the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD" as Isaiah also saw. And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. (Rev 5:6)
3. The Word was made flesh - God was made flesh.

And so. . .
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. (1Co 8:6)

Notice the parallelism of the verse above similar to others that occur throughout the scripture:
1. . . there is but one God, the Father cf. one Lord Jesus Christ
2. of whom are all things cf. by whom are all things
3. and we in him cf. and we by him
This answer is clear and succinct. . .and all you can see to whine about is "one Molecule of water".

frosbel:
But you are using all sorts to explain the trinity , no ?

My question is how you can ever call 3 Distinct persons as ONE, even though Jesus called God ONE !

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." - Mark 12:29

3=3 and 1=1
What is there to explain? God the Father, the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit. . . 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Matthew 4)

frosbel:
I am non-denominational , so your tag will not stick

I confess that the messiah came in the Flesh,begotten of Father God through his Spirit, while you confess he came in the spirit and not in the flesh, so judge for yourself who is anti-christ.

Non-denominational is a meaningless badge. Clever attempt, using obfuscating words while attempting to deflect attention by falsely accusing me of denying the Incarnation of God in the flesh. And yet for all that you still fail to answer the simple question: So my question to you Frosbel is this: Is Jesus Christ God come in the flesh or not?
1. Who is this "messiah" you speak of? Why does the name Jesus Christ stick in your craw? Messiah simply means anointed - it is generic. Why not simply say "I confess that Jesus Christ &c"?
2. The gaping deficiency in your "confession" is apparent. Not only do you fail to say Jesus Christ, you also fail to say "Jesus Christ is God come in the flesh. . ."
3. I have repeatedly maintained that Jesus Christ who in Heaven is the Word of God became Flesh and Blood and is God manifest in the flesh. As it is written: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.. So your slander falls apart.

frosbel:
Pharisee you, you are blinded to the truth and leading others into a ditch but trying to make a simple concept of GOD Being ONE into a mathematical complexity, you will not let others enter into the kingdom .
Really? Aren't you the one dancing around with 1+1+1. . .It is you who tries to explain or squeeze God into your formulas. Hypocrite accusing others of what you are guilty of on this thread. What is mathematically complex about this example I gave you:
I am:
1. A Son
2. A Husband
3. A Father

So let's see. . . Me = A Son + A Husband + A Father = One Man. Does Me = A Son + A Husband + A Father = 3 Men. . .?
You see your absurdity in trying to use arithmetic to explain God? You are using the wrong frame of reference. Might as well try to pour the ocean into a cup. Futility.

Obviously your arguments are so much hot air and emotions tied together by scripture verses taken out of context. Advice to you: Go and do a proper and disciplined bible study instead of regurgitation of others' works all over the place.

frosbel:
You said he was a spirit as the last Adam, while the first Adam was a MAN.

See. An example illustration of your poor and ill-disciplined bible study habits. Now read this: 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. (1 Cor 15). What do these words 'the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.' tell you? Are these aletheia's words or are these from the bible?

frosbel:
So how many spirits do we now have according to you

3 , right ? plus the Father and Son making it 5 gods you believe in .
You are the one obsessed with 3 like your friend Sweetnecta. There is Only One. As I showed you much earlier:
So says, Frosbel, the Muslim wannabe.

H2O is one substance and yet to us on occasion is
1) ice (solid),
2) water (liquid - it's most common presentation) and,
3) steam (gas)

To the uneducated, this would appear to be 3 different substances, but we know it to be all H2O.

Similarly to pagans like you, God would appear to be three, but to His Children, He is One.

God has revealed Himself to man in a progressive fashion, making his attributes known to us. He has been active throughout history as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit even right from Genesis 1.1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (Gen 1:1-3)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (Joh 1:1)

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(Joh 1:14)

Your confusion arises from thinking Spirit is like Flesh. Will you now reject the witness of John.
1. The Word was with God shows that the Word is somehow separate from God.
2. The Word was God shows that the Word is God
Indeed it was a mystery only revealed in Jesus that the Word is God and yet separate and distinct, something clearly shown in the Revelation of Jesus:
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. (Rev 4:2-3) From Ezekiel, we know that what John saw here is "the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD" as Isaiah also saw. And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. (Rev 5:6)
3. The Word was made flesh - God was made flesh.

And so. . .
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. (1Co 8:6)

Notice the parallelism of the verse above similar to others that occur throughout the scripture:
1. . . there is but one God, the Father cf. one Lord Jesus Christ
2. of whom are all things cf. by whom are all things
3. and we in him cf. and we by him

Synonymous parallelism. A line strengthens, develop, reinforces or repeat the line before it.

Matthew 7:7-8
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find;
knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth;
and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (KJV)

Isaiah 44:22a

I have swept away your offenses like a cloud,

your sins like the morning mist.(NIV)
Since you like counting, notice that Rev 5:6 says. . .seven Spirits of God. You see that number seven and have no difficulty accepting that God is One. Be consistent. Had the number seven to your supposed and imaginary pantheon.

frosbel:
The Spirit of God is GOD , his presence in the world and filling of the universe, not seperate from him, how on earth can you separate your spirit from your body and call it a different being ?
So you agree that the Holy Spirit is God. . .isn't that what "Trinitarians" have been saying all along. Confused frosbel!

frosbel:
So what did Jesus Christ exist as prior to coming to earth

Already shown you that in Heaven, Jesus is the Word of God. He was and is the Word of God pre-Incarnation and post-resurrection.

frosbel:
If our Lord overshadowed Mary with the Spirit and Christ was Spirit are we not talking of 2 spirits here ?
Be consistent. . .add the seven Spirits of God in Rev 5:6 too.

frosbel: Who is the beginning and end of God's creation , the Alpha and Omega, the very Word of GOD.
And Who is God as shown by. . . 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. (Rev 21)

He who says I am Alpha and Omega says I will be his God, showing He is God. Throughout the book of Revelation we see Jesus saying this: I am Alpha and Omega.
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. (Rev 1)

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Rev 1)

frosbel:
This is the KJV cult translation, the correct translation as all other bibles state from the more reliable manuscripts is :

"6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. 9 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son." - 1 John 5:6-9

What makes the other manuscripts "more reliable"? 1 John 5:7 (Johannine Comma) is both internally and externally consistent with the rest of the scriptures. . .
1. While the Greek textual evidence is weak, the Latin textual evidence for the Comma is extremely strong. It is in the vast majority of the Old Latin manuscripts
2. Although not found in most Greek manuscripts, the Johannine Comma is found in several. It is contained in 629 (fourteenth century), 61 (sixteenth century), 918 (sixteenth century), 2473 (seventeenth century), and 2318 (eighteenth century). It is also in the margins of 221 (tenth century), 635 (eleventh century), 88 (twelveth century), 429 (fourteenth century), and 636 (fifteenth century). There are about five hundred existing manuscripts of 1 John chapter five that do not contain the Comma.
3. It is clear that the reading found in the Textus Receptus is the minority reading with later textual support from the Greek witnesses. Nevertheless, being a minority reading does not eliminate it as genuine.
4. Internal Evidence: The structure of the Comma is certainly Johannine in style. John is noted for referring to Christ as "the Word." If 1 John 5:7 were an interpretation of verse eight, as some have suggested, than we would expect the verse to use "Son" instead of "Word." However, the verse uses the Greek word logos, which is uniquely in the style of John and provides evidence of its genuineness. Also, we find John drawing parallels between the Trinity and what they testify (1 John 4:13-14). Therefore, it comes as no surprise to find a parallel of witnesses containing groups of three, one heavenly and one earthly.
5. The strongest evidence, however, is found in the Greek text itself. Looking at 1 John 5:8, there are three nouns which, in Greek, stand in the neuter (Spirit, water, and blood). However, they are followed by a participle that is masculine. The Greek phrase here is oi marturountes (who bare witness). Those who know the Greek language understand this to be poor grammar if left to stand on its own. Even more noticeably, verse six has the same participle but stands in the neuter (Gk.: to marturoun). Why are three neuter nouns supported with a masculine participle? The answer is found if we include verse seven. There we have two masculine nouns (Father and Son) followed by a neuter noun (Spirit). The verse also has the Greek masculine participle oi marturountes. With this clause introducing verse eight, it is very proper for the participle in verse eight to be masculine, because of the masculine nouns in verse seven. But if verse seven were not there it would become improper Greek grammar.

frosbel: The SON came to reveal the father and he did that 1000% very well. He is the express IMAGE ( not PERSON ) of GOD.
And Jesus Christ is God.

At the end of the day all that frosbel advances for his thesis are emotional arguments to support his own conception of God and Jesus Christ. Nothing new there.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
aletheia: Why follow frosbel on his endless circular journeys that end in nowhere. . .there will be nothing said here that hasn't been said on this other thread, for example:

Here comes the Christian 'snider' if there is such a word.

I tried to read your comment, but got tired at the first line.

Many , in these last days seem to be operating under an anti-Christ spirit.

God help us.

"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible." - Matthew 24:24
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2012
Anyways , regarding the pre-existence of Jesus as a being, you guys are on the same page with the JWs and Catholics.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by MrAnony1(m): 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2012
frosbel:

To suggest otherwise is to try and explain the impossible.

Which is :

- God ( Father ) conceived GOD ( Son ) through GOD ( Spirit )

A number of problems with this.

1. God is a Spirit, so this means automatically that 3 Spirits were involved.
2. God is supposedly one but 3 persons , So one person was missing after this exercise.

- When Jesus was born as a baby , he had GOD in him, which is to say the second person of the trinity was in a baby, and yet this same baby knew NOTHING , had to learn the scriptures, had to be nurtured, had to be anointed by the so called Third person of the Trinity.

It all starts to get messy from here.

Let us stay simple with the pure and unadulterated scripture.

frosbel, would you be willing to have a phone conversation concerning this?
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
frosbel, would you be willing to have a phone conversation concerning this?

We can setup a room on Pal talk and invite all and sundry.

Giving out my number is an issue , a security issue.

Throughout my time on Nairaland I have only ever spoken to Goshen grin and that was because he gave me his number , which I dialled anonymously.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by MrAnony1(m): 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
frosbel:

We can setup a room on Pal talk and invite all and sundry.

Giving out my number is an issue , a security issue.

Throughout my time on Nairaland I have only ever spoken to Goshen grin and that was because he gave me his number , which I dialled anonymously.
cool, I can give you my number if you want. By the way, what's pal?
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by aletheia(m): 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2012
frosbel:
Here comes the Christian 'snider' if there is such a word.
I tried to read your comment, but got tired at the first line.
Many , in these last days seem to be operating under an anti-Christ spirit.
God help us.
"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible." - Matthew 24:24

But of course, you would get tired at the very first line. Such lazy scholarship is revealed by your penchant for cut-and-paste jobs instead of disciplined and prayerful Bible study.

I can see you are still hurting. . .eeyah sorry. Try to address the issues you yourself raised. Hypocrite. Always quick to call others names. Yet feeling aggrieved when they return the compliment.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
Mr_Anony:
cool, I can give you my number if you want. By the way, what's pal?

sure.

Paltalk is just a meeting place for groups, religious or non-religious.

Also used for debates etc.

Has full voice, video and data functionality and the added advantage of no personal details shared.

You install on your laptop or smart phone , register, create a room and invite others to join. Fairly straightforward.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
aletheia:

But of course, you would get tired at the very first line. Such lazy scholarship is revealed by your penchant for cut-and-paste jobs instead of disciplined and prayerful Bible study.

I can see you are still hurting. . .eeyah sorry. Try to address the issues you yourself raised. Hypocrite. Always quick to call others names. Yet feeling aggrieved when they return the compliment.

hurting

Wow !! You lost me with this one, anyway I don't blame you , Nigerian mentality on display grin
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by aletheia(m): 5:38pm On Sep 20, 2012
frosbel:

hurting

Wow !! You lost me with this one, anyway I don't blame you , Nigerian mentality on display grin
Now this is an interesting reaction! Frosbel seems to have lost his "cool" just because aletheia commented. grin

And just what exactly is "Nigerian mentality"? The sort of mentality displayed by frosbel who himself is a Nigerian? You keep uttering nonsense. I repeat: Try to address the issues you yourself raised. . .and stop demonstrating your innate insecurity. . .the other day you claimed you were being persecuted on this anonymous online forum. What absurdity.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2012
aletheia:
Now this is an interesting reaction! Frosbel seems to have lost his "cool" just because aletheia commented. grin

And just what exactly is "Nigerian mentality"? The sort of mentality displayed by frosbel who himself is a Nigerian? You keep uttering nonsense. I repeat: Try to address the issues you yourself raised. . .and stop demonstrating your innate insecurity. . .the other day you claimed you were being persecuted on this anonymous online forum. What absurdity.

I might be a Nigerian in 'skin' but I AM very much English in mentality and reaction. !

btw, notice the bolded words above , it's me not someone else !! grin
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2012
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by haibe(m): 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2012
John 20:24-28
King James Version (KJV)
24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them,
Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails,
and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus,
the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy
hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

If jesus didnt ressurect bodily, how can thomas touch him?
There is a spiritual body that Jesus ressurected in, not a corrupt body(flesh and blood used to mean sinful or corrupt body), thats the same body that saints will be ressurected in, the corruptible body puts on incorruptible.

1 Corinthians 15:35-49
King James Version (KJV)
35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may
chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts,
another of fishes, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and
the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for
one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a
spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a
quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that
which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also
that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

It is évident that Jesus ressurected in a body as we have seen above, but not a corrupt body but an heavenly body without corruption

1 Corinthians 15:52-54
New King James Version (NKJV)
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and
the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on
incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on
incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that
is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” [a]
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 20, 2012
haibe:
If jesus didnt ressurect bodily, how can thomas touch him?
There is a spiritual body that Jesus ressurected in, not a corrupt body(flesh and blood used to mean sinful or corrupt body), thats the same body that saints will be ressurected in, the corruptible body puts on incorruptible.

Thank You , we are in alignment here.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by aletheia(m): 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2012
frosbel:
frosbel:
I might be a Nigerian in 'skin' but I AM very much English in mentality and reaction. !

btw, notice the bolded words above , it's me not someone else !! grin

Your underlined statement above reveals quite alot about your state of mind. You slyly suggest that having an "English mentality" is innately superior or better than having a "Nigerian mentality" (whatever that means)? How truly deluded and confused you are. That's what comes from copying-and-pasting rather than engaging in disciplined and prayerful Bible study.

Here are some scriptures for you to meditate on 'English man':

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
(Heb 11:13-16)

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
(1Co 2:16)

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
(Col 3:2-3)

P.S. You can call yourself I, Robot, for all I care, it makes not one difference to Jesus' direct and unambiguous claims to be God.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2012
aletheia:

Your underlined statement above reveals quite alot about your state of mind. You sly suggest that having an "English mentality" is innately superior or better than having a "Nigerian mentality"? How truly deluded and confused you are. That's what comes from copying-and-pasting rather than engaging in disciplined and prayerful Bible study.

Here are some scriptures for you to meditate on 'English man':

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
(Heb 11:13-16)

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
(1Co 2:16)

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
(Col 3:2-3)

P.S. You can call yourself I, Robot, for all I care, it makes not one difference to Jesus' direct and unambiguous claims to be God.

I never said an English mentality was superior to that of a Nigerian, that's your interjection into my statement.

Jehovah God is not a God of confusion.

He wants us to know. Jeremiah 33:3

Jeremiah 33:3
New International Version (NIV)
3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by haibe(m): 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2012
ijawkid: Frosbel I need ur sincere exegesis on 1 peter 3:18....

The witnesses didn't reach that conclusion based on d fact that we know it all....

In order for scriptures to rhyme,we drew that conclusion......

Many say Jesus is with flesh in heaven,but JW believe Jesus is a spirit person right now in d heavens just as d angels are......

Why??

Because FLESH and blood or FLESH does nt live in heaven....

Flesh and blood you say, how are you So sure the spiritual body has blood?
. Flesh and blood used in that context by apostle paul was to mean our corrupt earthly body, not a spiritual one which christ ressurected with. Infact apostle paul made it clear that saints will put off the corrupt body and put on incorrupt body, thats it, jesus resurrected bodily, not in the spirit as you think. I know different attempts have been made by JWs to equate Jesus with an angel but that will only trick the little ones which has been tricked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free / When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? / Atheists, Christians, Muslims And Deists Are All Irrational People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.