Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) (10446 Views)

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects / National Media Tour Of Projects In FCT - Day 3 / New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Ijebulogic(m): 9:43am On Sep 21, 2012
Countryman93: Projects visited include the ongoing construction of Abuja Mass Transit Railway project, Abuja Airport Road 10 lane project, the National Space Research and Development Centre, New passport office, a rolling stock depot and maintenance base for the Abuja Metropolitan Railway project at Idu Abuja.

While we struggle to improve our transport,power, health and education sectors, we dont need distractions such as "Space Research" please.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 21, 2012
I may not necessarily like the president, but I must admit that his administration has made good steps in quite a number of areas, EXCEPT CORRUPTION.

Labaran Maku is finally doing his job. The next thing is to work on that website. Give it more publicity, make it more attractive.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by muyenmuyen: 9:58am On Sep 21, 2012
that good , they should remember other states too.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Orikinla(m): 11:04am On Sep 21, 2012
[size=28pt]These poor Nigerians gloating over things not better than village projects in China. No wonder the corrupt political rulers and their contractors continue to fool you cheaply. [/size]grin
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Naijagunner83: 11:22am On Sep 21, 2012
Orikinla: [size=28pt]These poor Nigerians gloating over things not better than village projects in China. No wonder the corrupt political rulers and their contractors continue to fool you cheaply. [/size]grin
[size=8pt][/size]Frankly, there is every reason to celebrate these achievements as they are in areas that have suffered neglect in the past. Rail travel will provide a cheap, efficient and effective means of transport especially for large scale movement of goods into the FCT while reducing the traffic and volume of heavy vehicles that cause wear and tear on our roads
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Naijagunner83: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2012
muyenmuyen: that good , they should remember other states too.
The tour is a Nationwide tour and will cover all 36 states across the six geo-political zones. Hopefully, as it progresses, we will see other projects being embarked on by the FG. Maku is doing a good job.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by dedeike: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2012
muyenmuyen: that good , they should remember other states too.
Every state will be visited. It's a national good governance tour covering the 36 states. From all indications, they re starting with FCT. They must surely get to your state.wait for them
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by thelastPope(m): 11:41am On Sep 21, 2012
banki: someone called me a pessimist.......but i dare ask why would you take credit for work you did not start or initiate orevn finance, someone here just said the railway project by CCECC was abandonded...and revieved by this admistration thats a BIG LIE

Let the admistration continue to monitor and ensure that this projects are completed but let no one come here and lie about what did not happen.

Why are you fighting a battle you can't win? Did you see these projects 3 or 5 years ago? Stop making a f00l of yourself. Smh
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by henrychubayo: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2012
I know the north and hausas are happy because according to them, these will all become theirs when nigeria finally divides. Nice projects anyway and replica of what we have here in joburg SA.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by dedeike: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2012
Dpeacemaker101: See dividends of democracy at work, how come am jus seeing ths post. Where is Gbawe and company? How come your dudes are not commenting on this, or is it too true to behold? I believe you die GEJ, pls more picture updates of this our needed...... God bless you countryman93.

Don't mind them Jare. You will never get to see a DEMDEM or GBAWE or KOBOJUNKIE on this kind of thread. They are like WINCHES who scavenge for bad news to feast on. This thread is too nice for them. They abhor progress of any sorts. For them, its a taboo for us to discuss anything good about Nigeria.

The objective minds on nairaland know quite well that this Media Tour offers everyone an opportunity to appraise the performance of this govt so far. But these other paid agents will not bother to come round and evaluate these projects. They rather enjoy peddling their blackmail and propaganda on other threads.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by mokola1(m): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
I can see that a lot of people are getting overly excited by the pictures of construction works going on in Abuja. I am not. here are some of the reasons why; since abuja was designated to become the federal capital of Nigeria, all these infrastuctural projects were commissioned and at different stages money had been allocated to develop roads, rail and bridges so my question is why has it taken more than 30 yrs for these projects to get off the ground? More importantly, where are the funds that have been allocated to execute these projects over the years? let me tell you a "secret", since the return of the shambles called democracy in 1999, almost $10 billion dollars have been approved and paid out to companies and individuals to provide power for the country but ask yourselves, are my confident enough to sell my generator because NEPA will always provide light? I think we all know the answer to that. So while some may jump in joy after seeing these projects I say it is too little too late and Nigerians are still being short changed. Fly over lagos at night and you'd think you are flying over the atlantic or a desert because it is almost pitch black. We haven't even started mentioning other parts of the country and probably best not to because the level of development can only be compared to bronze age.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Mandelaguy(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
ubandire: I heard the Abuja Mass Transit rail stuff is being financed through a loan. How true is it?
It is a partnership, symbiotic relationship between FG and the Chinese govt. the loan is at 2.5% and money is disbursed through the foreign consultants according to the level of work done to ensure clarity and accountability. The project will be completed b 2015 and every indicator points towards successful completion and on the scheduled date.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Mandelaguy(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
mokola1: I can see that a lot of people are getting overly excited by the pictures of construction works going on in Abuja. I am not. here are some of the reasons why; since abuja was designated to become the federal capital of Nigeria, all these infrastuctural projects were commissioned and at different stages money had been allocated to develop roads, rail and bridges so my question is why has it taken more than 30 yrs for these projects to get off the ground? More importantly, where are the funds that have been allocated to execute these projects over the years? let me tell you a "secret", since the return of the shambles called democracy in 1999, almost $10 billion dollars have been approved and paid out to companies and individuals to provide power for the country but ask yourselves, are my confident enough to sell my generator because NEPA will always provide light? I think we all know the answer to that. So while some may jump in joy after seeing these projects I say it is too little too late and Nigerians are still being short changed. Fly over lagos at night and you'd think you are flying over the atlantic or a desert because it is almost pitch black. We haven't even started mentioning other parts of the country and probably best not to because the level of development can only be compared to bronze age.
Our past leaders stole us silly and abandoned some of those projects,who will you hold? But the fresh air transformation drive of President Goodluck Jonathan has refused towing that line and is now showing you where he is taking us from where we used to be.

2 Likes

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by tunapar(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2012
The rail project was awarded by Obasanjo to a Chinese company in late 2006 or thereabout.. But you know that continuity is one of the problems we have in naija so it was abandoned. Anyway, I'm giving saying kudos to GEJ(for the first time) for revitalising the project. Also I pray we have Metro rail in naija someday.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by tunapar(m): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
The rail project was awarded by Obasanjo to a Chinese company in late 2006 or thereabout.. But you know that continuity is one of the problems we have in naija so it was abandoned. Anyway, I'm saying kudos to GEJ(for the first time) for revitalising the project. Also I pray we have Metro rail in naija someday.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Lalaska(m): 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2012
Lord, may these projects come to a successful completion. Our problem has never been that of beginning but completing projects
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by billante(m): 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
More pic of the ongoing abuja light rail!

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by billante(m): 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
A factory manufacturing component parts for the Abuja Light Railway Project of which work is at an advanced stage

Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Adolite(m): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
Naijagunner83: [size=8pt][/size]Frankly, there is every reason to celebrate these achievements as they are in areas that have suffered neglect in the past. Rail travel will provide a cheap, efficient and effective means of transport especially for large scale movement of goods into the FCT while reducing the traffic and volume of heavy vehicles that cause wear and tear on our roads

They Failed to Dualize ABUJA to LOKOJA for many years now.....WHy celebrating what they have not completed yet, they always start but they dont finish, stop praising yet.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by remmyton(f): 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
nice work Mr. President, More grease to your elbow
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by idmanzik: 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
Adolite:

They Failed to Dualize ABUJA to LOKOJA for many years now.....WHy celebrating what they have not completed yet, they always start but they dont finish, stop praising yet.

What about University of Abuja Students of this University are still studying under trees.
I visited Idu-Karmo (a suburb in FCT) last week...the journey that was suppose to take about 15-20mins from Jabi lasted over 1 hour due to bad road. They should tell us something else joor.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by Krucifax(m): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
What’s your point exactly? Given in comparison it's no where near the sophistication and advancement of the rail/subway infrastructure in say Japan, Germany, U.S,U.K it is however to be welcomed. Doesn’t matter who initiated or the fact that it’s coming many years later than initially planned, it’s a development that should be lauded by anyone who cares about Nigeria.

To appreciate it you have to view it from an economical stand point. It’s not just another means of getting from A to B. Let me elaborate;
Community development: Because it improves access, local communities would in turn thrive from investments that would follow in the various regions.
Environment : It would reduce vehicle usage and pollution.
Direct Job creation: There would be demand for maintenance engineers, drivers, admin staff, security staff ,controllers, station attendants, construction engineers(station),surveyors, etc.
Wealth creation: It would greatly improve trade and services within the regions as more raw materials and finished goods are able to move quickly, safely and in larger quantities from point to point.
Productivity: Workers and the like are able to move quicker between work and home because it would provide an alternative to the roads, thereby decongesting them.
Commodity prices: In Nigeria as in many places fuel prices are directly correlated to commodity prices. Providing the rail system would reduce the dependence on traditional means of moving commodities thereby also reducing the dependence on fuel costs and reducing their ability to affect commodity prices.
Indirect job creation: As more communities are easily accessed and developed, the following investment would also lead to creation of jobs within the regions.
Reduced accidents: As more people switch to rail not only will there be saving in personal income, there would be reduced road accidents.

I for one commend the works.

Orikinla: [size=28pt]These poor Nigerians gloating over things not better than village projects in China. No wonder the corrupt political rulers and their contractors continue to fool you cheaply. [/size]grin
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by aikorodo(m): 4:59am On Sep 22, 2012
Louis88: But seriously this govt is working. Let's shun sentiments. In every area of governance they hve something going on. I feel the subsidy withdrawal thing gave them a bad name. The policy was just ill timed. Aside the subsidy thing, they look impressive. Railways that have been forgotten for ages are being revived. See new metro line tracks under construction. Power is a bit stable more than before. GEJ might just be it finally
. This GEJ is actually in control oo. He said it dat before 2013 there will b positive confessions, and within 2012 before even 2013 9aigerians have started to prove him right. Onu kwuru njo ga ekwuriri mma. Ride on my action and silent perfomer.
Re: National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) by mikemic: 3:37am On Sep 23, 2012
All na wash...abegi do lokoja Abuja road that kill people everyday simple!

Countryman93: The National Good Governance Tour of Projects started with the FCT today. The team visited various projects executed by President Jonathan under the Ministry of Federal capital Territory so far. Projects visited include the ongoing construction of Abuja Mass Transit Railway project, Abuja Airport Road 10 lane project, the National Space Research and Development Centre, New passport office, a rolling stock depot and maintenance base for the Abuja Metropolitan Railway project at Idu Abuja.

The pictures below show the on going Abuja mass transit rail project which will serve as a big accelerating engine that will effectively promote the development of the national economy. The organization and management of the metro operation is systematically planned from Abuja Station to Kubwa Station. A rolling stock depot and maintenance base is designed to Idu Site, providing comprehensive maintenance services to all railway lines within Abuja area. It covers 30.6hectare floor space and 77,297msqr. building area including an operation control centre

FOR MORE INFORMATION :www.fmi.gov.ng

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Borrow To Pay Salaries, Says Ortom / Ozubulu-Ihembosi-Ukpor Road Flag-Off: Soludo Promises More Dividends Under APGA / Southern Kaduna Group (SOKAPU) Adopts Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.