Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,694 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:24 PM

The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion (18335 Views)

An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. / The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Atheism. / The Argument Against Atheism In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by mkmyers45(m): 12:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Oh no, you don't. How d'ya make me you, dude? Lazy brains is you, buddy grin
Feel free bro..you ofcourse abandoned our discourse just like i expected...Say Hi to your battery on my behalf
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by MacDaddy01: 12:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

Hate is such a strong word. To be honest I actually like you: you're funny and entertaining and energetic, but sadly you are not yet rigorous in thought or logic. Please read and comment (line by line) on Prizm's.

Because it is lazy comebacks;s like this one that convince me that you guys have not even bothered to think deeply about the issues you wish to debate.

How can you then be taken seriously?

Are you joking? I just read the write up that you are praising. It is only explaining a failed way of thinking. That there is something outside our physical constructs. I can explain christian theology but does that make the christian theology true or factual?

Also think of the “Equator” or “the center of gravity of the solar system”. The equator has an attribute like a certain length; one can cross the equator but the equator is clearly NOT a physical object even though it exists in time and space. The same goes for the center of gravity of the solar system which is a point moving about in space. It is not a physical/material object either. It is an abstract spatiotemporal object for theoretically the center of gravity of the solar system is a moving point in space that you can momentarily enclose in a tiny container before it passes right through the container as it moves about.
The earth's equator is an imaginary line. It does not exist in time and space.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
So long as there is a timeframe for that EVENT, then that presupposes a beginning. You can't wriggle out of that. Period.
The silly theory actually negates your statement to the extent that you use the word "before", because it holds that time did not exist before the expansion, and this is inherently illogical, as it would mean that nothing existed before the expansion, and as such, there was NO singularity to expand.

The event itself is when when time started. Time is a product of that expansion and the 13.7 billions years represents our measurement of that expansion of the singularity which gave rise to spacetime. Like I said before, you view time apart from the universe instead as a part of it, so you will find anything that goes against your views, “inherently illogical” . The singularity expanded and that’s what caused spacetime and everything else in the universe.
Even our regular everyday time is nothing but the spinning of the earth on its axis and its revolution around the sun. It’s just matter moving through spacetime and "time" is the measurement of the earth's relative motion.
I used “before” because our measurement of the expansion of the singularity(universe) starts at 10-43 seconds. It’s possible that better instruments and methods could afford a better understanding of the singularity.

Deep Sight:
Nonsense, really.

lol,that's what I call most of the stuff you hold in high regard.

1 Like

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by plaetton: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
mkmyers45: What do we know pre-big b@ng? Nothing but moronic, pseudo-philosophical, semi-religious, quasi-scientific
implausible answers is what we get so its impossible to know if the present eternal state of energy [as we know it] is a continuation of its previous state that did kick start a new universe by interactions within itself at diffrent rates...

Breath of air. Thank you. i was almost suffocating under Under Deepsights Fantasies.

Like Jayriginal Stated before. Deepsight simply cannot seperate A mere notion, a mental projection, no matter how elegant, from the reality of what we know and we dont yet know.

To him, an elegant notion has to magically transform into indisputable fact that everyone has to accept or be mocked.
Sounds more like a religion.

We all, at one time or another,have considered non-scientific notions that usually fill in the gaps of knowledge. It is called imagination. Imagine if I were to write mine donw on paper and bury it a time capsule, someone,a thousand years from today, may find it and claim that they have discovered the holy grail that contains hidden knowledge about the universe.

It amazes me how Deepsight waxes easily and confidently about pre-existence and eternity, and forgets to remind us that those are simply abstract projections that are not supported by any science. He states them as facts and not as his opinions.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Martian:

The event itself is when when time started. Time is a product of that expansion and the 13.7 billions years represents our measurement of that expansion of the singularity which gave rise to spacetime. Like I said before, you view time apart from the universe instead as a part of it, so you will find anything that goes against your views, “inherently illogical” . The singularity expanded and that’s what caused spacetime and everything else in the universe.
Even our regular everyday time is nothing but the spinning of the earth on its axis and its revolution around the sun. It’s just matter moving through spacetime and "time" is the measurement of the earth's relative motion.
I used “before” because our measurement of the expansion of the singularity(universe) starts at 10-43 seconds. It’s possible that better instruments and methods could afford a better understanding of the singularity.

lol,that's what I call most of the stuff you hold in high regard.

You are entirely wrong in your view. Wholly and completely wrong. You see, you fellas are pretty much, as I have said of Jayriginal, just like Osuofia in London. You see and hear things that you do not understand and they appear nice sounding in your ears. Its just the same way that my houseboy would think that the housegirl who speaks slightly better english than he does, is actually speaking queens english. This is just the way I look at people like yourself and jayriginal when you attempt to even discuss things which you have zero understanding of. You both are simply bedazzled by mumbo jumbo which you have no understanding of.

If you were to have a look at what you just wrote and if you were even vaguely logical, you would be appalled at your self. The load of contradictions should be spotted by a 6 year old.

Anyway, I have wasted my time previously hammering this issue out with the equally illogical poster called thehomer. I will drop the link, for anyone interested. I simply cant start repeating it all over again.

https://www.nairaland.com/577313/thehomer-now-lets-discuss-big

Nonetheless you may recall that within that thread you had made made statements which I have traditionally contested with many scientists over and over again. Basically these statements are to the effect that -

(x) time and space were created by or at the moment of the big slam and -

(y) the physical singularity existing prior to the big slam could be self-existent - or in your own words - "could simply be the default state of universe-like objects."

I feel that (x) contradicts (y) lamentably, and I am also severely at odds with the fundamental presupposition contained in each of (x) and (y) as separate statements. I did indicate in that thread that I would open a new thread to discuss these, and you did indicate your acceptance of that proposition.

So here goes.

Premise 1

If time was created by or at the moment of the big slam, then it is not possible to speak about a period "prior to " or "before" the big slam. Accordingly it is not possible to speak of anything existing prior to that instant - and this includes the pre-slam singularity that you spoke about.

Premise 2

Physical things exist in space and time. You stated that the pre slam singularity was physical. You then stated that there was no space or time at the point of the existence of the pre-slam singularity. How is it possible for a physical thing or state to exist without space and time.

Premises 1 & 2 evince the contradiction between (x) and (y).

Premise 3 - the problem with statement (x)

The problem with statement (x) is that if space was created by the big slam, please tell me what space is expanding into?

Premsie 4 - the problem with statement (y)

The problem with statement (y) is that it presumes a physical singularity to be self-existent. Aside from the fact that you have yet to properly articulate what that singularity is, the fundamental problem is that it is an illogicality to define any physical thing as self-existent because physical things are changeable whereas self-existence connotes immutability.

Conclusion: Your belief, and the assertion of the scientific community that time and space were ignited by or at the moment of the big slam, is insupportable, and delivers more contradictions than answers.

As a closing summary let us all carefully note that -

Thehomer -

- Claimed that time commenced with the big slam but then acceded that the big slam occured within a timeline

- Claimed that time commenced at the big slam, but that the timeline commenced at the singularity: which he says pre-existed the big slam

- Accepted that physical things exist in time and space

- Accepted that the singularity was physical and yet:

- insisted that there was no time at the singularity.

- Denies the obvious fact of pre-existing space given the expansion of the universe into already existing space by saying "i don't know"

- When asked the simple question: is it not obvious that inorder for something to expand, there must be some room into which it is expanding - avoids this starkly simple and obvious fact by saying that he is not sure if there must be room to accomadate such expansion.

That is the summary of wild contradictions which thehomer canvasses as credible science. I have pointed out these contradictions ad infinitum ad nauseum. It seems to me that the difference between my worldview and that of thehomer is simply that he takes current scientific thinking on any subject to be infallible: i do not. Otherwise he would not assume that the current scientific theories on time and space are exactly and infallibly correct - especially given the obvious contradictions and deficiencies that the theories throw up. I am of the view that it behoves a genuine thinker to prob beyond that which is offered by other human beings when such offerings throw up contradictions and inconsistencies.

In this regard i should mention the fact that people like Galileo Galilei and Nicholaus Corpernicus were derided in their day for propounding ideas that ran against the accepted "scientific" worldviews of the time. As it turns out, the questions and probes conducted by these people gave rise to better and more precise knowledge. Let us not be shy of challenging concepts that even Einstein has put forward regarding these things: for Einstein was only human: and you cannot tell me that science and knowledge will not continue to grow and expand beyond that which he knew in his day. If Einstein surpassed Newton's physical theories: surely with the passage of time and the growth of knowledge someone in the future may also surpass Einstein's physical theories, possibly even by contradicting them.

I will just leave a link to a discussion viaro, justcool and myself had about space a long while ago. That discussion i believe shows that some ideas about space may be wrong.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362859.0.html

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
plaetton:

Breath of air. Thank you. i was almost suffocating under Under Deepsights Fantasies.

Like Jayriginal Stated before. Deepsight simply cannot seperate A mere notion, a mental projection, no matter how elegant, from the reality of what we know and we dont yet know.

To him, an elegant notion has to magically transform into indisputable fact that everyone has to accept or be mocked.

We all, at one time or another,have considered non-scientific notions that usually fill in the gaps of knowledge. It is called imagination. Imagine if I were to write mine donw on paper and bury it a time capsule, someone,a thousand years from today, may find it and claim that they have discovered the holy grail that contains hidden knowledge about the universe.

It amazes me how Deepsight waxes easily and confidently about pre-existence and eternity, and forgets to remind us that those are simply abstract projections that are not supported by any science. He states them as facts and not as his opinions.

Please see my revert to martian above.

You gentlemen appear confused by simple precepts: and worse: u all generally seem to regard it as offensive if any person is confident of his own take on these issues. You then call such "imagination" and "assumptions" - briskly ignoring the other very simple possibility: namely the possibility that that other person has thought further, longer and better than you on the matter. That is what you hate to face. I'm not saying that is the case, but it is a possibility which you will not countenance, isn't it?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
You are entirely wrong in your view. Wholly and completely wrong. You see, you fellas are pretty much, as I have said of Jayriginal, just like Osuofia in London. You see and hear things that you do not understand and they appear nice sounding in your ears. Its just the same way that my houseboy would think that the housegirl who speaks slightly better english than he does, is actually speaking queens english. This is just the way I look at people like yourself and jayriginal when you attempt to even discuss things which you have zero understanding of. You both are simply bedazzled by mumbo jumbo which you have no understanding of.
If you were to have a look at what you just wrote and if you were even vaguely logical, you would be appalled at your self. The load of contradictions should be spotted by a 6 year old.
Anyway, I have wasted my time previously hammering this issue out with the equally illogical poster called thehomer. I will drop the link, for anyone interested. I simply cant start repeating it all over again.

lol, I'm sorry! Where's M_Nwankwo? He needs to come and tell you about "spiritual germs" and "parcifal" because those are the type of things you consider logical. You don't have to repeat yourself, I know your position already. You view time as absolute. Good for you!!! Anyway, at least Osuofia has been to London, compared to the other guy who thinks he knows more about London than Londoners themselves, but whose knowledge about London is the same as his houseboy's.

Deep Sight:
Please see my revert to martian above.
You gentlemen appear confused by simple precepts: and worse: u all generally seem to regard it as offensive if any person is confident of his own take on these issues. You then call such "imagination" and "assumptions" - briskly ignoring the other very simply possibility: namely the possibility that that other person has thought further, longer and better than you on the matter. That is what you hate to face. I'm not saying that is the case, but it is a possibility which you will not countenance, isn't it?

lmao, the great deep sight.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
mkmyers45: Feel free bro..you ofcourse abandoned our discourse just like i expected...Say Hi to your battery on my behalf

C'mon.... What kinda excuse is that? Didn't I answer your last question? If I didn't, please call it back. I really wanna see where you're going with the game. smiley
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
Martian:

lol, I'm sorry! Where's M_Nwankwo? He needs to come and tell you about "spiritual germs" and "parcifal" because those are the type of things you consider logical. You don't have to repeat yourself, I know your position already. You view time as absolute. Good for you!!! Anyway, at least Osuofia has been to London, compared to the other guy who thinks he knows more about London than Londoners themselves, but whose knowledge about London is the same as his houseboy's.

You see, this proves to me the simple fact that your only recourse is to attempt to make a mockery or ridicule of things - even dishonestly. You are ready to tell bare faced lies in order to make an argument. In this regard, you know very well that I have had thousands of arguments with M_nwankwo, rejecting his beliefs on many points and the teaching of the Grail Message. One such prominent example is this -

https://www.nairaland.com/515335/m_nwankwo-justcool-inconsistencies-grail-message

Even though there are many others. In particular I have vehemently argued against his perception of Parsifal, in the same way as I have rejected teh Christian perception of the identity of Jesus. So it is more than lame and dishonest for you to attempt mockery by claiming that such things as Parsifal are what I find logical. My own arguments and contentions have NOTHING to do with Parsifal, Yahweh, Jesus, etc - and YOU know this very well. The fact that you cannot rebutt my position except with an attempt at mockery which stands on bare faced lies is just pathetic.

lmao, the great deep sight.

I was not referring to myself: I was referring to theists in general as far as these arguments on God and first cause are concerned.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
O, and by the way, in typical fashion, you did not say a word in rebuttal of the posts i quoted from my discussions with thehomer: you simply resorted to mockery based on a bare faced lie. Typical. How then can you expect to be taken seriously.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
Another thread I opened to dispute Nwankwo's views on Parsifal -

https://www.nairaland.com/429591/oracle-monk-severance-parts-god

So stop insinuating patent falsities. It's low.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

Now that was a very interesting read. What did you say again is your problem with Christ, Deep Sight? For a smart guy such as you, it's very curious that you should have problems comprehending, or at least, allowing comprehension of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
You see, this proves to me the simple fact that your only recourse if to attempt to make a mockery or ridicule of things - even dishonestly. You are ready to tell bare faced lies in order to make an argument. In this regard, you know very well that I have had thousands of arguments with M_nwankwo, rejecting his beliefs on many points and the teaching of the Grail Message. One such prominent example is this -
https://www.nairaland.com/515335/m_nwankwo-justcool-inconsistencies-grail-message

I already stated my position and your recourse was to dig up old threads of you writing the same thing. "Time is infinite, eternal bla bla bla." It's clear we disagree on the matter.

Deep Sight:
Even though there are many others. In particular I have vehemently argued against his perception of Parsifal, in the same way as I have rejected teh Christian perception of the identity of Jesus. So it is more than lame and dishonest for you to attempt mockery by claiming that such things as Parsifal are what I find logical. My own arguments and contentions have NOTHING to do with Parsifal, Yahweh, Jesus, etc - and YOU know this very well. The fact that you cannot rebutt my position except with an attempt at mockery which stands on bare faced lies is just pathetic.

I don't need to rebutt your position because your position is based on your emotions and things you think are logical, even when obervations shows that you're wrong. I clicked on one of the links you posted from 2009 and you were there saying the same thing about your disagreement with the nature of time and how you feel you are right about what time "really is". Then you name dropped Galileo and Copernicus and the opposition they faced, as if your rhetoric is akin to their assertions which were based on observations. Get off your high horse. You must have some special people around you that give you this over inflated ego. lol
You've stated your position a thousand times, you can't expect me to keep arguing about the same thing over and over and over. That will make me something like Logicboy, arguing about some people's beliefs which are not based on fact but fantasies.
About Parsifal. That's between you, Nwankwo and whoever Parsifal is. And you've called his fantasies "illumination" , so don't try back away now.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight: Another thread I opened to dispute Nwankwo's views on Parsifal -

https://www.nairaland.com/429591/oracle-monk-severance-parts-god

So stop insinuating patent falsities. It's low.

lmao, the fact that you consider parsifal something worth discussing is my point! Things like that make sense to you while spacetime doesn't.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by mkmyers45(m): 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ihedinobi:

C'mon.... What kinda excuse is that? Didn't I answer your last question? If I didn't, please call it back. I really wanna see where you're going with the game. smiley
I Asked:
Is energy eternal?
You Said:
Ihedinobi:
Funny question. Science currently knows of no method by which energy may be created or destroyed. Regardless, I do not hold that energy is eternal. I hold that God alone is eternal.
I then Said:
So indeed till it is proven otherwise and Einstein debunked..Matter/Energy is
Eternal QED unless of course you tell us why you think matter/energy is not
eternal..
You Said:
How does matter get to be eternal because energy is?
I Replied:
The mass of a body is a measure of
its energy content. In this concept,
mass is a property of all energy,
and energy is a property of all
mass, and the two properties are
connected by a constant. So they are constituents of each other..but
to disassociate this discuss from a
state of confuse i limit it to Energy
which is Eternal.
and what did you then say? NOTHING but going ahead to accuse me of bieng lazy wtf?
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
Martian:

I already stated my position and your recourse was to dig up old threads of you writing the same thing. "Time is infinite, eternal bla bla bla." It's clear we disagree on the matter.

There has never been a time that you have attempted to rebutt any of the positions I took regarding time.

For one who says the claims of others are baseless and imaginary, why don't you just pick you your rifle and shoot down those claims with logic?

I asked key questions in that thread with thehomer about time, space and teh singularity. If I am so da.ft, just put me right with succint answers to those questions. Consider it charity, to save me from my delusions.

But you know as well as I do that you neither have any answers to those key posers, nor have the capacity to think through the posers.

Your best and highest talent is mockery - good for you.

I don't need to rebutt your position because your position is based on your emotions and things you think are logical, even when obervations shows that you're wrong.

Which observatioon has shown that I am wrong on time? Critical thinking simply shows that the current science is wrong on time. If you feel otherwise, answer the posers i raised. You and I know that you will wave your hand and claim you don't have the time. No pun intended. Coward.

I clicked on one of the links you posted from 2009 and you were there saying the same thing about your disagreement with the nature of time and how you feel you are right about what time "really is". Then you name dropped Galileo and Copernicus and how the opposition they faced, as if your rhetoric is akin to the assertions based on observation. Get off your high horse. You must have some special people around you that give you this over inflated ego. lol
You've stated your position a thousand times, you can't expect me to keep arguing about the same thing over and over and over. That will make me something like Logicboy, arguing about some people's beliefs which are not based in fact.

My questions are based on observations. As far as you and thehomer are concerned, everything is physical. You also believe that physical things exist in time and space. Accordingly the singularity, being physical, must also have existed in time and space, and as such,it is illogical to claim that there was no time and space at the point of the singularity. This is just as bad and even worse than the magical claims of religionists, which you mock.

Now, I can comfortably predict that you cannot and will not address this.

Because you lack the capacity for rigorous thought.

I am not name-dropping Galileo and Corpernicus: I mention them just to remind you lot that it is possible to think against current science and be correct even when the global intelligentsia are wholly wrong.

About Parsifal. That's between you, Nwankwo and whoever Parcifal is. And you've called is baseless claims "illumination", so don't try back away now.

Nwankwo is indeed the wisest man on nairaland along with a few other personal favorites of mine: and yes, he has said billions of illuminating things, but this is further evidence of dishonestly. I knew you were brute, but I never knew you could tell bare faced lies. Be HONEST: You SAID that I find things like parsifal logical, in an attempt to insinuate that religious dogmas are what I prefer. That was low trickery and a lie, because, as shown, I have strenuously argued against the whole Parsifal thing with Nwankwo and justcool. Its just like claiming I find the divinity of Jesus logical when you KNOW very well that I have argued strenuously against that too.

Please stop telling lies. Its low.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
Martian:

lmao, the fact that you consider parsifal something worth discussing is my point! Things like that make sense to you while spacetime doesn't.

This level of dishonesty stinks. Stop trying to obsfuscate your clear LIE. I could not possibly open several threads to debunk the Parsifal concept whilst you LIE that I find Parsifal logical. This is what you have done. It is yet another lie to claim that the mere fact that I think the issue worth discussing is what shows i think it is logical. This is nonsense because you yourself have discussed Jesus, Yahweh, and others. Does that then mean you think Jesus and Yahweh logical simply because you sat down to attempt to debunk them.

Be a man and stand up and admit you lied and you are heaping new lies on your previous lie.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
There has never been a time that you have attempted to rebutt any of the positions I took regarding time.
For one who says the claims of others are baseless and imaginary, why don't you just pick you your rifle and shoot down those claims with logic?
I asked key questions in that thread with thehomer about time, space and teh singularity. If I am so da.ft, just put e right with succint answers to those questions. Consider it charity, to save me from my delusions.
But you know as well as I do that you neither have any answers to those key posers, nor have the capacity to think through the posers.
Your best and highest talent is mockery - good for you.
Which observatioon has shown that I am wrong on time? Critical thinking simply shows that the current science is wrong on time. If you feel otherwise, answer the posers i raised. You and I know that you will wave your hand and claim you don't have the time. No pun intended. Coward.
My questions are based on observations. As far as you and thehomer are concerned, everything is physical. You also believe that physical things exist in time and space. Accordingly the singularity, being physical, must also have existed in time and space, and as such,it is illogical to claim that there was no time and space at the point of the singularity. This is just as bad and even worse than the magical claims of religionists, which you mock.
Now, I can comfortably predict that you cannot and will not address this.
Because you lack the capacity for rigorous thought.
I am not name-dropping Galileo and Corpernicus: I mention them just to remind you lot that it is possible to think against current science and be correct even when the global intelligentsia are wholly wrong.

I already posted my view on time and space and they contradict yours. You replied by posting your old arguments and the people you disagree with share the same view as mine. I'm not going to waste time locked in the same old argument with you that you've had with homer, jayriginal etc. You view time as a distinct entity and I see it as a part of the universe that commenced at the expansion. There is nothing else to say!!

Martian:
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

You are still bringing nothing to the table, you know?

Na you know !

plaetton:

Let our baby philosopher be.
He cant escape dogmatism, lets teach him critical thinking instead.

I taya oh.

Martian:

I don't need to rebutt your position because your position is based on your emotions and things you think are logical, even when obervations shows that you're wrong. I clicked on one of the links you posted from 2009 and you were there saying the same thing about your disagreement with the nature of time and how you feel you are right about what time "really is". Then you name dropped Galileo and Copernicus and the opposition they faced, as if your rhetoric is akin to their assertions which were based on observations. Get off your high horse. You must have some special people around you that give you this over inflated ego. lol
You've stated your position a thousand times, you can't expect me to keep arguing about the same thing over and over and over.

Need I say more ? undecided

Here let me repeat for effect.

You must have some special people around you that give you this over inflated ego. lol

When I meet people like Deep Sight, I often make the observation that they dont seem to have intelligent friends.

Brush up on the basics dude. You cant be a philosopher if you cant argue, dont understand simple logic and let your emotions run riot.

Sorry.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
jayriginal:
When I meet people like Deep Sight, I often make the observation that they dont seem to have intelligent friends.

Like I said before, it must be the pentecostals and the likes that he is surrounded by.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
This level of dishonesty stinks. Stop trying to obsfuscate your clear LIE. I could not possibly open several threads to debunk the Parsifal concept whilst you LIE that I find Parsifal logical. This is what you have done. It is yet another lie to claim that the mere fact that I think the issue worth discussing is what shows i think it is logical. This is nonsense because you yourself have discussed Jesus, Yahweh, and others. Does that then mean you think Jesus and Yahweh logical simply because you sat down to attempt to debunk them.
Be a man and stand up and admit you lied and you are heaping new lies on your previous lie.

it's not about what you really think about whoever Parsifal is. It's the fact that you think the guy is an "oracle" .considering the things he writes, I'm not surprised that you find the notions like spacetime being a product of the universe absurd. afterall, M_Nwankwo's type of rhetoric are the things you're liable to agree with because they appeal to your "spiritual" views.

Deep Sight: M_Nwankwo – you are the Oracle of Nairaland. Please decipher.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
Martian:

Like I said before, it must be the pentecostals and the likes that he is surrounded by.

And then tomorrow you will claim you have not made snide insults at my family: people you do not know. Please direct your insults to me: that is only fair.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
Martian:

it's not about what you really think about whoever Parsifal is. It's the fact that you think the guy is an oracle considering the things he writes,s I'm not surprised that you find the notions like spacetime being a product of the universe absurd. afterall, does are the things you're liable to agree with.

You just are not man enough to stand up and admit you told a bare faced lie.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
You just are not man enough to stand up and admit you told a bare faced lie.

Yea yea yea.....
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2012
jayriginal:

Na you know !

Let our baby philosopher be.
He cant escape dogmatism, lets teach him critical thinking instead.

I taya oh.

Need I say more ? undecided

Here let me repeat for effect.

Brush up on the basics dude. You cant be a philosopher if you cant argue, dont understand simple logic and let your emotions run riot.

Sorry.

Clear off: I have said everything I have to say on you already. I will re post it in case you missed it. You are worthless on the forum, because, as you admit, you bring absolutely nothing to teh table. So actually reading from you is worthless for everyone.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
And then tomorrow you will claim you have not made snide insults at my family: people you do not know. Please direct your insults to me: that is only fair.

It's not an insult. It's an observation based on your constant bloviating and you've mentioned how you "teach" people stuff. lmao If they accept the bullsh*t you spew, they must special.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
Clear off: I have said everything I have to say on you already. I will re post it in case you missed it. You are worthless on the forum, because, as you admit, you bring absolutely nothing to teh table. So actually reading from you is worthless for everyone.

Awwwww, you're very emotional today boo boo.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
I wrote it already - here is my final position on you, Mr. Jayriginal.

Deep Sight:

As shown above, it is open and fair reason and logic. If you have a different understanding, please show it to me for consideration, not so? It helps nothing to repeatedly advance as your only position the fact that you believe no one can or should have a position. I hope you realize that this "as far as we know" game which you play, or "according to your understanding" - is a game that can be applied to insist that we should all shut up and never advance any positions because whatever we may construe will simply be only "as far as we know" and "according to our understanding" and thus will amount to arguing from ignorance.

THIS attitude renders every discusssion meaningless. I will suggest that if that is all you have to bring to the table, then there is no point in your coming to the table. Really. Think on it.

You know, the thing about you - and I mean this in good faith - is that you are seldom, if ever, to be seen tackling the meat of any matter. I don't know if it is a tactic or just a part of your "we don't know anything and should all shut up" attitude. I just wearies me because you are always happy to snack on side matters, petty distractions and most often even outrightly refuse to engage issues. You dont need to give examples, you say. You dont rely on science, you say. What then is the purpose having a discussion with you. Seriously, I mean this in good faith. How can you help teach me knew things with such an approach. Where is the added value?

It would be nice to see you focus more on the meat of discussions and actually put a foot forward, instead of hanging back where its dark and safe and you cant be said to have said anything, as you claim.

And this is an excellent example of my point about you above: shall we all pack our bags up, eschew discussions and cease to postulate our ideas on existence and the universe, since as you say, knowledge is not absolute, and it is at all events only our "limited view" always in operation, and as such all discussions are assumptions upon assumptions upon assumptions, no?

What's the point making any point?

You have obviously taken that position and that's why you admitted that you do not put your foot forward on anything in discourses. That may be okay for you, but frankly does not bring anything to the table for anyone else. You are, in effect, without realizing it, asking us to stop thinking.

What's the point?

You bring nothing to the table. Scoot off.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
Look Deep Sight, the minute you proffer your opinions as opinions, albeit with your reasons, you will cease to be an object of ridicule. Even of you are ridiculed, the scale will not be on this level.

When you assert them as the truth (examples being your oneness of infinity, ancient aliens, se x in public places and alters and dreaming your future into existence) then only "god" knows what you want people to think.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by jayriginal: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
Deep Sight:
I wrote it already - here is my final position on you, Mr. Jayriginal.

You bring nothing to the table. Scoot off.

Suit yourself my dear. undecided

You bring nothing to the table either.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
Martian:

It's not an insult. It's an observation based on your constant bloviating and you've mentioned how you "teach" people stuff. lmao If they accept the bullsh*t you spew, they must special.

Third lie.

You're on a roll. Carry on.

You must have a PHD in the art and science of shameless lying.

Frankly I think this just shows you are horribly out of your depth, or suffering from a bad case of inferiority. Don't take it out on me.
Re: The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion by DeepSight(m): 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
jayriginal: (examples being your oneness of infinity,

There is nothing strange, special or unusually absurd about the idea that God is ONE and INFINITE.

This has been the perception of most of mankind throughout the ages up till this day.

ancient aliens,

There is nothing unsual in seeing ancient inscriptions as highly suggestive of extra terrestial origins.

In normal archaelogy, if a piece of paper is found with someone's name on it, it is taken as evidence. It beats me that people seek to apply double standards with highly suggestive ancient art works that depict and strongly suggest such things.

se x in public places and alters

I am an artist. You won't get that one.

and dreaming your future into existence) then only "god" knows what you want people to think.

This happens every day. Still happened even this week. Please leave my dreams alone. If you want prophecy, i will dream and give you your future ok? But if you don't believe, then leave me to my delusions.

Stop obsessing. All of the above just appears as what it is: a desperate attempt to cobble together what you think is irrational in my views or past in some sort of mis guided ad hominem. If it is to make proper arguments or answer questions, you run away. If it is to cheer-lead insulting Deep Sight, you arise with your desperate inferiority complex. Give it up mate. I ain't your ex girlfriend, am I?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops / Deeper Life Has Never Changed Their Doctrines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.