Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? (32306 Views)

Prophet Mboro: Jesus Wife Is Hot And Sexy / "Gospel Of Jesus' Wife" Fragment Is A Fake, Says Vatican / The Gospel Of Jesus Wife Papyrus Debunked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 24, 2012
vanstanzy:

Tunde, guessing thats ur name. Christianity is a religion and not just a way of life which culture is. Christians dont need to fight for their God, cos He fights for Himself and His children. Understand that. My point is made.
Being a Christian is the work of the Holy spirit, many call themselves christians but are they practicing it? (No). The disciples were called christians due to their acts in antioch. Read ur Bible.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Bella3(f): 10:14am On Sep 24, 2012
tintingz: maybe you explain this verse from Jesus mouth in the bible. . .
"Luke 19:27 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me."
dat verse is a parable of a rich ruler. Read from verse 11
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by uncleb(m): 11:05am On Sep 24, 2012
dayokanu: Cos they are not known to fight for their God

Who fights for who please? Who is supreme between God and man?

If you are the one doing the fighting, then you are serving a god. But if you serve the Almighty God, he is more than powerful to fight His course. You only need to talk and He would act miraculously. Even Jesus, when on the cross, some of his disciples drew sword he rebuked them. So no one can fight for God.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Rayz94(f): 11:47am On Sep 24, 2012
fortyfeet:
Jesus is not isa and isa is not Jesus. Jesus is Jesus and isa is isa. He is to be called Jesus Christ anything short of this is not the son of God who died on the cross to redeem the world. How did the name Jesus translate to isa. Stop this seasonal joke. It is only in quran that Jesus changed name because I know in Fulani, Ijaw, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Kanuri and in so many other languages of the world the name Jesus has no translation but Jesus.

y u so worked up? It our (muslims) believe that jesus is the same as isa. Not like we saying he is not jesus. you can always take him as jesus, ur saviour, while we take him as jesus(isa), the prophet of Allah.

1 Like

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by fortyfeet(m): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2012
staybydtruth: The difference between the two religions is the answer. Islam is a way of life, and it has standard. The Quran and the Sunnah. Whereas in Christianity anything goes.
Leave it for us like that.
You never here before say monkey no fine but him mama like am. Here, its not what you like but what we like. So, if you are a Mathematics teacher, you'll kill your student(s) if in a test he writes 25% of 750 is 131 and not 187.5
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by ghazzal: 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2012
tunspider:
Being a Christian is the work of the Holy spirit, many call themselves christians but are they practicing it? (No). The disciples were called christians due to their acts in antioch. Read ur Bible.
OH! but you dont believe some people call themselves muslims but do otherwise? see level of hypocrisy. "Muslim" is an arabic word... "one who submits totally to God`s will" what is your sincere notion of such persons attitude?
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by ghazzal: 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
polokor60: stop beating around the bush and answer my question.another question for you,who were the wise men from the (middle)east that came to pay tribute to JESUS CHRIST when he was delivered in the manger?can mohamed fast for forty days and forty night without eating earthy food??
who gave you this story or how many years after jesus(may God be pleased with him) die was the person born. also, why did the writer say Jesus(PBUH)fasted for 40days? Why would a God fast........!!!

1 Like

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by ghazzal: 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
fortyfeet:
Leave it for us like that.
You never here before say monkey no fine but him mama like am. Here, its not what you like but what we like. So, if you are a Mathematics teacher, you'll kill you student(s) if in a test he writes 25% of 750 is 131 and not 187.5
If i own my school, i may decide to expel such student. if he still does not know after many attempts........ must be a dull guy
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by ghazzal: 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
BĂ©lla3: dat verse is a parable of a rich ruler. Read from verse 11
no one is suporting violence but to be objective, which will you prefer if you must pick 1: God to punish man on earth by himself(i.e:Noah, Lut,Egypt ...case) of for him to us righteous men for the punishment. note that 1 is general while the other is selective. If it is confirmed that God does what he wills, which is preferable?
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by fortyfeet(m): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2012
Rayz94:

y u so worked up? It our (muslims) believe that jesus is the same as isa. Not like we saying he is not jesus. you can always take him as jesus, ur saviour, while we take him as jesus(isa), the prophet of Allah.
How did ou come about the name isa, at least He was not arab.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by fortyfeet(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
ghazzal:
If i own my school, i may decide to expel such student. if he still does not know after many attempts........ must be a dull guy
At least he still lives and may or may not learn one day.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Emary(f): 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
@meetdonald, my point was quite clear. Religious tolerance is what we need and an end to excessive arguments which are not convincing anyone. The way some so-called christians have responded here is very shameful and the same goes to our muslim brethren. So what if the other person doesn't share your faith, must you verbally or physically abuse him? Even the Christians who say they won't react the same way the muslims did to the movie are negating their actions with the words coming from their mouths. How can you share your faith or convict someeone else of your beliefs when you are insulting them or fighting them?

1 Like

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by ghazzal: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
frosbel:

And just exactly how does you allah spread ISLAM, I will tell you how :

1. Deception

2. Violence

Not sure what kind of god this one is, but I want absolutely nothing to do with him.

You maay choose not to have anything to do with the most high God, its your business. but for you to make claims you dont have proof for, that is blasphemy

1 Like

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by bukatyne(f): 8:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
staybydtruth: The difference between the two religions is the answer. Islam is a way of life, and it has standard. The Quran and the Sunnah. Whereas in Christianity anything goes.
answer to wat question please?
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by ignis: 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
Enough is enough of this religious war and exchange of words here.

1 Like

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by ignis: 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
Enough is enough of this religious war and exchange of abuses and insults here.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 25, 2012
Emary: @meetdonald, my point was quite clear. Religious tolerance is what we need and an end to excessive arguments which are not convincing anyone. The way some so-called christians have responded here is very shameful and the same goes to our muslim brethren. So what if the other person doesn't share your faith, must you verbally or physically abuse him? Even the Christians who say they won't react the same way the muslims did to the movie are negating their actions with the words coming from their mouths. How can you share your faith or convict someeone else of your beliefs when you are insulting them or fighting them?
10,000,000,000 likes.......
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2012
ghazzal:
OH! but you dont believe some people call themselves muslims but do otherwise? see level of hypocrisy. "Muslim" is an arabic word... "one who submits totally to God`s will" what is your sincere notion of such persons attitude?
you are right, thanks for contributing, Jesus is Lord.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by daadazm: 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
Fighting for your faith is a clear indication that you don't ve a god or you are worshipping a dead god.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by edekoln: 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
obowunmi:
Followers of Islam: I reserve my comment.

In the middle east and north africa, muslims have killed many innocent people.

Muslims should all come together to prove their religion is of peace.

So far, Jesus is winning.
obowunmi:

obowunmi:

That is the contradiction in islam which the average moslem will never critically examined: They always claim islam is religion of peace and yet the most horrifying violence are perpetrated under the cover of islam. If u ask bin laden he would tell u with all sense of responsibility, with all honesty that islam is a religion of peace and still he would go ahead and bombed down an embassy killing innocent men, woman and children. so much for a religion of peace!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) / Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos / Pastor Digs Out Charm During Family Liberation In Imo State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.