Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? (32304 Views)

Prophet Mboro: Jesus Wife Is Hot And Sexy / "Gospel Of Jesus' Wife" Fragment Is A Fake, Says Vatican / The Gospel Of Jesus Wife Papyrus Debunked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by ektbear: 2:30am On Sep 21, 2012
So I'm sure you've heard already about this ancient text that supposedly quotes Jesus referencing his wife (see this if you aren't aware of it: http://www.chron.com/life/houston-belief/article/Five-big-questions-about-the-Jesus-wife-papyrus-3881424.php)

So my question is, why aren't Christians in the US, Nigeria, Europe, South America, Asia etc rioting, protesting, murdering people, blowing up buildings and committing other acts of terrorism, etc?

Shouldn't they be deeply offended? And if so, isn't violence a legitimate way to express displeasure?

3 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by DuduNegro: 2:38am On Sep 21, 2012
If saying so is blasphemous, yes Christians should be offended. Is it a blasphemy? Moreover this is released by fellow Jesus followers. You will never hear Muslims blaspheme the person of Jesus....never!

31 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Nobody: 2:42am On Sep 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro: If saying so is blasphemous, yes Christians should be offended. Is it a blasphemy? Moreover this is released by fellow Jesus followers. You will never hear Muslims blaspheme the person of Jesus....never!

That's not true!

54 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Nobody: 2:46am On Sep 21, 2012
WTF is blasphemy? Who determines what is sacred or not? If I say Jesus is stewpid and Mohammed an id!ot, is it not my fcking opinion?
If you disagree, what's next? Kill me? Religion is nothing but a piece of putrid sh!!t.

18 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Kobojunkie: 2:49am On Sep 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro: If saying so is blasphemous, yes Christians should be offended. Is it a blasphemy? Moreover this is released by fellow Jesus followers. You will never hear Muslims blaspheme the person of Jesus....never!
Rather than make up ridiculous stories, it is better not to post at all. You know that, right? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Of course it is technically blasphemous to claim that Jesus, who Christians revere as God himself, took a wife and had carnal dealings with humans. I mean that is on the level of stating that Mohammed was a pedophile. I mean yes he was but yes, claiming Christ had a wife is on that level.

And please stop lying. Muslims blaspheme Jesus, especially the ones who have yet to consider that Prophet Isa in their quran refers to Jesus of the Bible.

45 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by tpia5: 2:52am On Sep 21, 2012
let's just wait for the movie, no biggie.

after all, we all watched and read dan brown.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by sultaan(m): 3:06am On Sep 21, 2012
We are still trying to decide who to kill for that statement, Muslims are responsible for all the chaos in the world, its only fair to try some other groups. Please nominate grin
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by EkoIle1: 3:29am On Sep 21, 2012
bayooooooo:

That's not true!

It's true because Jesus is a revered and respected figure in Islam. Jesus is Isa in Islam. Even Yoruba Muslims call him Anobi Isa

17 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by EkoIle1: 3:32am On Sep 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Rather than make up ridiculous stories, it is better not to post at all. You know that, right? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Of course it is technically blasphemous to claim that Jesus, who Christians revere as God himself, took a wife and had carnal dealings with humans. I mean that is on the level of stating that Mohammed was a pedophile. I mean yes he was but yes, claiming Christ had a wife is on that level.

And please stop lying. Muslims blaspheme Jesus, especially the ones who have yet to consider that Prophet Isa in their quran refers to Jesus of the Bible.

Why not site credible examples or events instead of your den say den say ....

4 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by fagamite: 3:32am On Sep 21, 2012
Eko Ile:

It's true because Jesus is a revered and respected figure in Islam. Jesus is Isa in Islam. Even Yoruba Muslims call him Anobi Isa

Tinubu is also a revered figure in Islam. Yoruba muslims call him Anobi Emperor Swiss Bank account. ISnt that lovely?

30 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by DuduNegro: 3:35am On Sep 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

.....to the point of the post, it should be expected that Christians will react in outrage that the image of Jesus was tarnished by such a blasphemous revelation. The revelation was made by followers of Jesus. Who should this outrage be directed against?

Muslims do not riot and go wild when one of their own blaspheme against Mohammed. Its only when its done by non-muslims that they react this way.

In your family if your sister or brother insults your parent it is less offensive than when an neighbor insults your parents.......and you show your displeasure to the neighbor, right? This behavior is valid for all of mankind.

America may not go on rampage for Jesus but they surw went wild when France refused to support Bush in attacking Iraq. They brought out french wine and wasted them on streets and renamed french fries to freedom fries.

So what im saying is this behavioral pattern of becoming enraged when something we hold dear in our hearts is violated is a human trait, it is human nature to do so. What is sacred to you may not be sacred to me......what is patriotism ti me may not be a symbil if patriotism to you. We live and die by ideologies......it is human nature.

26 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by tpia5: 3:46am On Sep 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

it should be expected that Christians will react in outrage that the image of Jesus was tarnished by such a blasphemous revelation.

why would christians react in outrage over someone's opinion about Jesus?

and how is the write up blasphemous?

like i pointed out before, didnt everybody read dan brown and watch the movie/s.

what exactly is new about some folks claiming such?
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by polokor60(m): 3:51am On Sep 21, 2012
name one of CHRIST followers that release a blasphemous movie of JESUS CHRIST??

1 Like

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by EkoIle1: 3:52am On Sep 21, 2012
fagamite:

Tinubu is also a revered figure in Islam. Yoruba muslims call him Anobi Emperor Swiss Bank account. ISnt that lovely?

I know your name is FAGITIOUSME and you can not exist without Tinubu on your mind, but get the mans dickkk out of your mouth and come up for air every now and then...

3 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by londoner: 3:58am On Sep 21, 2012
@ Dudu Negro....are you seriously equating renaming of french fries and pouring bottles of french wine by a minute group of people in America, with the violence and death we have seen across the Muslim world and major cities in the west?

How wide spread was this in America anyway......as far as I know Americans still call French fries , French fries and the wine incidents must have been so minute, because I heard nothing of it reported at the time.

Are you really equating those things with physically harming human beings, even killing?

This is not the first time either......we know what happened after cartoons and other inflammatory publications.

People who have been killed have been so far removed from the original offence it is just senseless killing of innocent people.

For example, why should a cartoon in Europe cause people in Nigeria to kill Nigerian Christians?

@Fagamite......just as you have claimed Jesus to be gay.....nobody will ever imagine offering money rewards to a person who hunts you down and kills you. Yet that is what has been offered to anyone who finds the film maker and kills him.

The average Christian (in this day and age) knows that to do that would be in their own name and not the name of Christianity

There will be no kids with placards calling for beheading of those who insult Jesus or calling for blood.

33 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by DuduNegro: 4:12am On Sep 21, 2012
tpia@:

why would christians react in outrage over someone's opinion about Jesus?

and how is the write up blasphemous?

like i pointed out before, didnt everybody read dan brown and watch the movie/s.

what exactly is new about some folks claiming such?

Again, I will answer this question as i have done twice already.

1. This post is against the backdrop of Muslims showing iutrage whenever Mohammed is insulted by West. I dont think this post would be opened if it wasnt for what is going on now in mideast over the movie.

2. A revelation has come out in West about Jesus keeping a matrimony. Given the sacredness of Jesus in the Christian world you would think heads will be rolling by now.

3. The revelation is viewed as an abstract of thought.....a personal freedom to express opinion......rather than an attack on Jesus or his sacredness. Hence the reason why there is calm. Besides, if it was an attack on the sacredness, it would be a blasphemy....and in that case who should the resultig outrage be directed on, christian population or muslim population, in revenge for an assault made by a blasphemig christian?

4. This revelation is dismissed as a free opinion but when France refused to go fight an illegitimate and wrogful war America did not excuse that as a freedom of interest........they called France an enemy and displayed their outrage to that effect.

5. There is nothing called freedom of opinion......it just depends on whether what you express is a symbol of worship or not. Next time your neighbor curse you and call it freedom of opinion i want you to spit in his face and call it freedom of emotion.

6. West worship their flag and their sovereign patriotism far more than thy worship Jesus. Jesus to them is an ideological path by which to enslave the minds of people. Muslims worship Mohammed far more than they worship any flag or persons.

7. These differences are ideological polarization and is innate in every human being.

Am I clearer now that its spelt out in bulleted points?

11 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by londoner: 4:19am On Sep 21, 2012
@Polokor 60

The Da Vinci Code was created by Dan Brown, an American film maker, who was raised a Christian and describes himself as a Christian.

He has disputes and questions about the religion and religious text. He claimed Jesus was married to mary Magdelene and other claims, the same as have been made in the past few days also.
Many Christians had an issue over the film and its claims and were offended by it.

However, the book was a best seller (only outsold in 2004 by JK Rawlings) and many went to watch the film.... there was no reward offered for his death.

@Dudu Negro......you do know that the man behind the offending film is Egyptian born right? He is a religious refugee in the US as he had his Egyptian citizenship revoked, just last year

He is an Egyptian coptic Christian, who lives in America now.

So, how does he respresent "the west" as you say......how can one individual represent billions of people? This is why it is irrational.
Even when US leaders and others come out to denounce the movie, people still want it to be associated with America, but not just them........but ALL Christians and all non-muslim societies, they even burned the Israel flag over it, as if there is ANY connection at all between the two.

People want so desperately to feel they have a right to violence and that there has been a legitimate provocation far and wide beyond the makers of the film.

I can understand that people are offended and that this film should never have been released, because we know that some people will kill innocent people over it, so in that sense Morris Sedak has blood on his hands

15 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by tpia5: 4:20am On Sep 21, 2012
dudu negro

^^you're looking only at your own point of view, not others.

you forget not everyone shares your ideology, or opinion.

as per someone cursing you- your response should include, among other things, a consideration of the fact that:

a. you're being intentionally provoked into picking a fight and walking into an ambush.

b. the person in question is crazy. You can respond in like manner and also be considered crazy. Or you can remain sane.

the rest of your post seems geared towards a long discussion should i attempt to respond in detail.

wont do that right now.

2 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by tpia5: 4:24am On Sep 21, 2012
i watched da vinci code.

didnt see anything new there per se.

when i was younger, the big thing then was the search for the holy grail [and king arthur/knights of the round table legends as well].

Something about the knights templar- there was a show whose name i dont recall, which was popular at the time. I probably watched almost every episode.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by DuduNegro: 4:36am On Sep 21, 2012
tpia@:
dudu negro

^^you're looking only at your own point of view, not others.

you forget not everyone shares your ideology, or opinion.

as per someone cursing you- your response should include, among other things, a consideration of the fact that:

a. you're being intentionally provoked into picking a fight and walking into an ambush.

b. the person in question is crazy. You can respond in like manner and also be considered crazy. Or you can remain sane.

the rest of your post seems geared towards a long discussion should i attempt to respond in detail.

wont do that right now.

You are correct, i already admitted that people have idologies which may agree or disagree. I am human and accept that imperfection as part of my natural make up.....something i share with the general human specie.

I do not believe in turning the other cheek for a second slap....No, not this Negro!

2 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Chanchit: 4:38am On Sep 21, 2012
Eko Ile:

Why not site credible examples or events instead of your den say den say ....

Before, during ramadan period, I use to see muslims gather for lectures, I see banners with themes like "Jesus is not the son of God" " Who is Jesus Christ" I jst laugh and pass, I no knw how dt one take concern them, but me I knw my God is bigger than what we think, so He will fight for Him self. But I'dnt see banners like that in the last ramadan, maybe u guys are beginning to find better content.

24 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Chanchit: 4:42am On Sep 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

.....to the point of the post, it should be expected that Christians will react in outrage that the image of Jesus was tarnished by such a blasphemous revelation. The revelation was made by followers of Jesus. Who should this outrage be directed against?

Muslims do not riot and go wild when one of their own blaspheme against Mohammed. Its only when its done by non-muslims that they react this way.

In your family if your sister or brother insults your parent it is less offensive than when an neighbor insults your parents.......and you show your displeasure to the neighbor, right? This behavior is valid for all of mankind.

America may not go on rampage for Jesus but they surw went wild when France refused to support Bush in attacking Iraq. They brought out french wine and wasted them on streets and renamed french fries to freedom fries.

So what im saying is this behavioral pattern of becoming enraged when something we hold dear in our hearts is violated is a human trait, it is human nature to do so. What is sacred to you may not be sacred to me......what is patriotism ti me may not be a symbil if patriotism to you. We live and die by ideologies......it is human nature.

Ok, I'll give you 1 like.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by obowunmi(m): 4:44am On Sep 21, 2012
Followers of Islam: I reserve my comment.

In the middle east and north africa, muslims have killed many innocent people.

Muslims should all come together to prove their religion is of peace.

So far, Jesus is winning.

29 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Chanchit: 4:47am On Sep 21, 2012
fagamite:

Dude, what is wrong with Jesus getting phocked in his a/s/s? You think Jesus wasnt gay when he was alive?

Bros, are you in anyway related to brother Sagamite? Or the same person perhaps, cos u r surely not making sense.

4 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by londoner: 4:47am On Sep 21, 2012
tpia@:
i watched da vinci code.

didnt see anything new there per se.

when i was younger, the big thing then was the search for the holy grail [and king arthur/knights of the round table legends as well].

Something about the knights templar- there was a show whose name i dont recall, which was popular at the time. I probably watched almost every episode.

My point was to show that in fact there have been Christians who have made films and publications that were seen as blasphemous to the person of Jesus. The reaction to it is like night and day.

Did you even feel anger to the point of wanting to harm anyone or protest in the street? I didn't.

@ Dudu Negro.....yes, people would show their displeasure differently if its by who they view as an "outsider", but you are also forgetting the principles of proportionality and proximity when reacting.

If someone in my family insults my mother, I would slap that person and caution them....if its an outsider they will get a beat down......not to death though.

That is the difference.

Neither would I attack all people who live in their street, or call for the killing of all those who support the same football team as them. Neither would I burn down some Mcdonalds in the next state because he likes to eat happy meals once in a while.

That would be irrational and unrelated to the fact that the offence was caused by one individual or even a small group of people on the bother side of the country.

I fail to see why an American ambassador and three others, needed to be targeted and killed.

Why US businesses needed to be burned down, why a protest and march was held in Sydney Australia calling for beheadings, resulting in violent clashes with police

Why foreign embassies in Nigeria having to be put under heavy security etc.
Why the Isreali flag was burned etc.....how does all that relate to an Egyptian coptic offensive video being released?

A video, may I add which did not have the backing or agreement of the average Christian worldwide.

11 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by obowunmi(m): 4:51am On Sep 21, 2012
Why are terrorists and violence attracted to the religion of Islam? Why does the religion accept and condone hatred and violence?

2 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by tpia5: 4:59am On Sep 21, 2012
londoner:

My point was to show that in fact there have been Christians who have made films and publications that were seen as blasphemous to the person of Jesus. The reaction to it is like night and day.

i was agreeing with you.

there are lots of weird movies with all kinds of wild claims about Jesus and Christianity actually.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by tpia5: 5:00am On Sep 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

You are correct, i already admitted that people have idologies which may agree or disagree. I am human and accept that imperfection as part of my natural make up.....something i share with the general human specie.

I do not believe in turning the other cheek for a second slap....No, not this Negro!

it all depends- ie reaction/s.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by londoner: 5:08am On Sep 21, 2012
tpia@:

i was agreeing with you.

there are lots of weird movies with all kinds of wild claims about Jesus and Christianity actually.

Exactly!!!

So many, and I think its a cop out for people to make excuses by suggesting that Christians don't really care about Jesus, so wouldn't react the same way anyway.

As if there are no devout Christians, who undergo physical persecution every day in the name of their faith.

4 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by londoner: 5:16am On Sep 21, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Again, I will answer this question as i have done twice already.

1. This post is against the backdrop of Muslims showing iutrage whenever Mohammed is insulted by West. I dont think this post would be opened if it wasnt for what is going on now in mideast over the movie.

2. A revelation has come out in West about Jesus keeping a matrimony. Given the sacredness of Jesus in the Christian world you would think heads will be rolling by now.

3. The revelation is viewed as an abstract of thought.....a personal freedom to express opinion......rather than an attack on Jesus or his sacredness. Hence the reason why there is calm. Besides, if it was an attack on the sacredness, it would be a blasphemy....and in that case who should the resultig outrage be directed on, christian population or muslim population, in revenge for an assault made by a blasphemig christian?

4. This revelation is dismissed as a free opinion but when France refused to go fight an illegitimate and wrogful war America did not excuse that as a freedom of interest........they called France an enemy and displayed their outrage to that effect.

5. There is nothing called freedom of opinion......it just depends on whether what you express is a symbol of worship or not. Next time your neighbor curse you and call it freedom of opinion i want you to spit in his face and call it freedom of emotion.

6. West worship their flag and their sovereign patriotism far more than thy worship Jesus. Jesus to them is an ideological path by which to enslave the minds of people. Muslims worship Mohammed far more than they worship any flag or persons.

7. These differences are ideological polarization and is innate in every human being.

Am I clearer now that its spelt out in bulleted points?

@ Dudu Negro....if the west worships their flags, why are they not killing Muslims for burning flags then?

You have to know that there are very committed religious people, other than muslims. there are also devout Christians who see Jesus as more important than any flag.

Just take Nigeria as an example, do you think the flsg is more important than Jesus to many Christians.....or even any?

If you go to the "bible belt", nobody will say that the flag is more important to them than Jesus, neither would the average Catholic or Jehovah's witness.

There may not be many Christian fundamentalists about nowadays and more secularism, but to say that Jesus is no longer important to some Christians is not factual. Some Christians are still dying for their faith.

4 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by dayokanu(m): 5:37am On Sep 21, 2012
Cos they are not known to fight for their God

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) / Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos / Pastor Digs Out Charm During Family Liberation In Imo State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.