Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) (32310 Views)

Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / I’ll Query Any Pastor Who Hosts Comedians In Church — Assemblies Of God Leader / Chidi Okoroafor, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent New Year Wishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by ifyakanu(m): 9:50am On May 06, 2021
The 4th and retired General Superintendent of Assemblies of God Church, Nigeria Rev. Dr. Charles Osueke have gone to be with the Lord.

The God's General aged 79years was said to have died while praying on his knees.

Former General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God Nigeria, the Rev. Dr Charles Osueke is dead.

The late GS who led the church for 22 years as GS before his retirement in November 2010, died in the early hours of Thursday according to a source close to the church.

The source said the 79-year old preacher was hospitalized sometime last week following ill health but was later discharged from the hospital.

According to the source, the late cleric had his night devotion as usual on Wednesday night before going to bed but could not make it in the morning as he passed on later.

Confirming the news of his demise, a former Executive Council member of the church, the Rev. P. K Emeaba, when contacted, told our Correspondent that he just arrived at the Enugu residence of the former GS to condole with the family.

He said he (Osueke) was reported sick a few days ago and taken to the hospital but discharged two days ago, adding that upon the receipt of the sad news he left Okpoto where the church leaders had gathered for a summit, to commiserate with the family.

The late Osueke who was born on May 31, 1942, hailed from Umuomumu, Mbieri, Mbaitolu in Imo State.

Some of his major achievements as the General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God Nigeria include the launch of the Decade of Harvest which resulted in great missionary work and revival across Nigeria, Evangel University, Evangel Camp Okpoto, Peniel annual convention of the church, among others.

He is survived by his wife, Rev. Mrs Blessing Osueke, three children and many grandchildren.

Facebook is inundated with tributes and pictures of the late cleric by millions of AG members and other sympathizers.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/breaking-assemblies-of-god-former-gs-osueke-is-dead/amp/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by StanbicDesign: 9:53am On May 06, 2021
Haha! Rip

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by liajosh(m): 9:55am On May 06, 2021
RIP
Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by peteregwu(m): 9:56am On May 06, 2021
Rest in peace sir!

12 Likes

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by vibre: 9:57am On May 06, 2021
Which one be he died while praying on his knees? You guys are becoming better and better with this scam.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by ejighikemeuwa: 9:57am On May 06, 2021
Go well sir.

2 Likes

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by Righteousness2(m): 10:00am On May 06, 2021
The God's General aged 79years was said to have died while praying on his knees

What a Glorious Death!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by peteregwu(m): 10:03am On May 06, 2021
vibre:
Which one be he died while praying on his knees? You guys are becoming better and better with this scam.

Where you there when he died? The people that saw are giving us information on how he died and you are here arguing. Are you jealous?

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by Amotolongbo(f): 10:24am On May 06, 2021
Righteousness2:

What a Glorious Death!
deluded mind

So death while praying on one’s kneels is glorious?
If Shekau also dies while praying on his kneels, that makes his death glorious also?

You seriously need mental salvation

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by illicit(m): 10:27am On May 06, 2021
It's my church

One of the former General superintendents stole church money and was punished

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by Amotolongbo(f): 10:32am On May 06, 2021
illicit:
It's my church

@Righteousness2

Come and see your glorious death o

3 Likes

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by illicit(m): 10:36am On May 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
@Righteousness2

Come and see your glorious death o

Not this man o

It's another GS

2 Likes

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by Amotolongbo(f): 10:39am On May 06, 2021
illicit:

Not this man o

It's another GS
Your church get as e be o

2 Likes

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by cybersoldiers: 10:39am On May 06, 2021
vibre:

Because he didn't die like Adeboyes son?

You Yoruba's are so terrible.

Very disgusting attitude.

The man is dead simple.

4 Likes

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by cybersoldiers: 10:41am On May 06, 2021
illicit:
It's my church

Yoruba liar.

Must you people continue to display your ethnic bias on people or churches not owned by Yoruba's?

Igbo's who attend attends Yoruba owned churches are the biggest fools on this earth.

5 Likes

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by cybersoldiers: 10:44am On May 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
deluded mind

If Shekau also dies while praying on his kneels, that makes his death glorious also?

You deliverance from incubus and succubus.

Jealous people.

When you people ever stop this madness of being against anything Igbo?

Very petty attitude.

2 Likes

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by illicit(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2021
cybersoldiers:

Yoruba liar.

Must you people continue to display your ethnic bias on people or churches not owned by Yoruba's?

Igbo's who attend attends Yoruba owned churches are the biggest fools on this earth.

Why should I lie

It's on public record

U are d tribalist here cos I don't see where I made reference to any tribe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by illicit(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Your church get as e be o

It's a nice church actually

Evengelism is their thing, no miracles

1 Like

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by Rickbronz(m): 10:57am On May 06, 2021
rip

Meanwhile get a quick and affordable loan with no collateral requirements. Check my signature.
Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by jUeLiZ: 10:59am On May 06, 2021
StanbicDesign:
Haha! Rip
Oga wetin come funny now
Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by peteregwu(m): 11:08am On May 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
deluded mind

Why don't you let him be na. Kilode go ni. Yes, it's a glorious death. According to the Bible, the death of the righteous is glorious and precious in Gods sight. Its not the one that bomb people and expect 72 virgins in paradise...turning heaven to hotel. Make una dey deceive una self.

Psalm 116:15 KJV
"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."

5 Likes

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by Amotolongbo(f): 11:24am On May 06, 2021
peteregwu:

Why don't you let him be na. Kilode go ni. Yes, it's a glorious death. According to the Bible, the death of the righteous is glorious and precious in Gods sight. Its not the one that bomb people and expect 72 virgins in paradise...turning heaven to hotel. Make una dey deceive una self.

Psalm 116:15 KJV
"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."
And righteousness is about praying on the kneels
Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by peteregwu(m): 11:41am On May 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
And righteousness is about praying on the kneels

Righteousness is giving one's life to Jesus with true repentance from sin. You probably don't even know who the man is, do you? Pele oo...

4 Likes

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by Amotolongbo(f): 12:00pm On May 06, 2021
peteregwu:

Righteousness is giving one's life to Jesus with true repentance from sin. You probably don't even know who the man is, do you? Pele oo...
countinue with your paedolalia
Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by peteregwu(m): 1:10pm On May 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
countinue with your paedolalia

You own it.

1 Like

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by akata1: 2:40pm On May 06, 2021
rest on Gods general
Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by UDbester(m): 5:34pm On May 06, 2021
cybersoldiers:

Yoruba liar.

Bruh, I think he might be an actual member of AGC. Let's leave ethnicity out of what he said
Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by UDbester(m): 5:37pm On May 06, 2021
illicit:

Why should I lie

It's on public record

U are d tribalist here cos I don't see where I made reference to any tribe

Bruh just leave this ethnic bigot alone. One thing I have come to realize is; people who have no idea about the ongoings of a particular issue put ethnic colourations to it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by ifyakanu(m): 9:50am On May 10, 2021
illicit:

It's a nice church actually

Evengelism is their thing, no miracles
There are a lot of Miracles in the church, just its not publicly announced like every other church would

2 Likes

Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by Futurecrypto1: 10:13am On May 10, 2021
Rip sir
If you want to earn money online check my signature. All you have to do is roll every hour. My friend got 8k after two weeks. Click and start earning
Re: Charles Osueke Is Dead (Assemblies Of God Ex General Superintendent) by DamnNiggar: 10:13am On May 10, 2021
I don't care right now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gay Church In Nigeria / Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? / Pastor Digs Out Charm During Family Liberation In Imo State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.