Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? (32298 Views)

Prophet Mboro: Jesus Wife Is Hot And Sexy / "Gospel Of Jesus' Wife" Fragment Is A Fake, Says Vatican / The Gospel Of Jesus Wife Papyrus Debunked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by mu2sa2: 8:29am On Sep 22, 2012
londoner: @Polokor 60

The Da Vinci Code was created by Dan Brown, an American film maker, who was raised a Christian and describes himself as a Christian.

He has disputes and questions about the religion and religious text. He claimed Jesus was married to mary Magdelene and other claims, the same as have been made in the past few days also.
Many Christians had an issue over the film and its claims and were offended by it.

However, the book was a best seller (only outsold in 2004 by JK Rawlings) and many went to watch the film.... there was no reward offered for his death.

@Dudu Negro......you do know that the man behind the offending film is Egyptian born right? He is a religious refugee in the US as he had his Egyptian citizenship revoked, just last year

He is an Egyptian coptic Christian, who lives in America now.

So, how does he respresent "the west" as you say......how can one individual represent billions of people? This is why it is irrational.
Even when US leaders and others come out to denounce the movie, people still want it to be associated with America, but not just them........but ALL Christians and all non-muslim societies, they even burned the Israel flag over it, as if there is ANY connection at all between the two.

People want so desperately to feel they have a right to violence and that there has been a legitimate provocation far and wide beyond the makers of the film.

I can understand that people are offended and that this film should never have been released, because we know that some people will kill innocent people over it, so in that sense Morris Sedak has blood on his hands

You say d coptic Xtian who produced d film does not represent Xtians, and a Muslim will say d fatwa giver and d people demonstrating on d street do not represent all muslims.

1 Like

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by KINGwax(m): 8:30am On Sep 22, 2012
carefulme:

.......YEAH that's true
.......BUT DO YOU MEAN COUNTRIES LIKE QATAR and KUWAIT?
yes! Yes! Like them. What good is their wealth when all they do with it is sponsor terrorism?
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Azumy(f): 8:31am On Sep 22, 2012
God av mercy its only on dis nairaland i see say pple dey vex say dem Call our prophet ISA(pbuh) ignorance from d highest order! But i no blame dem cos dey av turn evrybdy dat can spit trash on dre heads nd cause dem 2 roll on d floor into a prophet datz y dey dnt noe how weighty d word "PROPHET" is. How ill d tink! Hypocrites!
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by carefulme(m): 8:33am On Sep 22, 2012
IYA NGBALI: WE SERVE A LIVING GOD THAT FIGHTS FOR HIMSELF.
...YEAH THAT'S TRUE
....THAT'S WHY A DEMOLISHED CHURCH REBUILDS ITSELF.......
.......AND THE ONE WHO KILLS A MAN/CHILD OF GOD IS LEFT TO WANDER FREELY IN THE STREET .......WAITING FOR GOD TO STRIKE HIM HIMSELF

3 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by OILOFGLADNESS: 8:33am On Sep 22, 2012
@ all, @ poster, @ dudu, know you these facts>

1. christianity is a religion of peace and not violent
2. @ dudu, dont say what you dont know , i have met most muslims blasphemy Jesus sayin all manner of things that is painful to me but cos i know that He is ignorant , i tried to put him inorder, but know yee that salvation is by grace and it is a gift
3. its a matter of choice to accept gift or to reject it
4.our Lord Jesus christ through saint Paul preached against Strife
5. the warefare of christians are not canal but mighty thru God for the pulling down of strongholds
6. He that is wise talks less and dont argue over blind claims
7. Jesus the same yesterday, todaY, and forever
8. the standard of God can never be altered, the foundation of God standeth sure, having this sealed let anybody that nameth the name of Lord depart fron iniquity
9.if you believe in bible and you are a true christian you will never in any way give head to such storyu talk of arguing it.
10. what GOD WANT FROM US IS TO LOVE HIM , avoid sin of any sort, preach the gospel to the sinners, and not to star fighting and making violence for Him

YOU CAN ADD TO IT TO LET THE WORLD KNOW THE THE LORD WE SERVE IS THE PRINCE OF PEACE!

2 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by deols(f): 8:34am On Sep 22, 2012
The question should have been,Why have christians stopped killing for christ's sake?
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by KINGwax(m): 8:34am On Sep 22, 2012
carefulme:

........HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY HE WAS CIRCUMCISED....?
....HE FELT THE PANGS OF HUNGER LIKE YOU AND I DO.......THAT MAKES HIM HUMAN....
....SO HOW THEN CAN TAKING UP A WIFE BECOME BLASPHEMOUS.....
.......MORE SO IF GOD WHO IS NOT HUMAN CAN TAKE UP A CHILD, WHY CANT IT BE SAID OF JESUS(A HUMAN) TAKING UP A WIFE?.....
.........I SWEAR GOD WILL NOT [/b]PUNISH ME FOR [b]FOLLOWING MY INSTINCT........
i hope u aint the mofo who argued the muslims are more knowledgeable? Cos if u were, i will be so outraged cos u shld undstnd dt before Jesus was born, circumcision is a must in isreal
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by chyket(m): 8:35am On Sep 22, 2012
We are not rioting because Jesus is God and therefore we do not need to fight for him because He is able.
Secondly it is true that Jesus has a BRIDE and that bride is his CHURCH!!!! And this is not known to the carnally minded which includes the Archaelogists that are pushing forward this WIFE Theory

2 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by fagamite: 8:35am On Sep 22, 2012
deols: The question should have been,Why have christians stopped killing for christ's sake?

Because they couldnt keep up with your father and brothers. Mohammed taught your folks how to kill at a pace never seen before in the history of religious killings

2 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by KINGwax(m): 8:37am On Sep 22, 2012
carefulme:
...YEAH THAT'S TRUE
....THAT'S WHY A DEMOLISHED CHURCH REBUILDS ITSELF.......
.......AND THE ONE WHO KILLS A MAN/CHILD OF GOD IS LEFT TO WANDER FREELY IN THE STREET .......WAITING FOR GOD TO STRIKE HIM HIMSELF
hahahaha..and i guess the best thing for your god is to got fought for by his slaves! Hahahaha
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by rudee007(m): 8:37am On Sep 22, 2012
bayooooooo: WTF is blasphemy? Who determines what is sacred or not? If I say Jesus is stewpid and Mohammed an id!ot, is it not my fcking opinion?
If you disagree, what's next? Kill me? Religion is nothing but a piece of putrid sh!!t.

Atheist alert!!

2 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by carefulme(m): 8:39am On Sep 22, 2012
KINGwax: i hope u aint the mofo who argued the muslims are more knowledgeable? Cos if u were, i will be so outraged cos u shld undstnd dt before Jesus was born, circumcision is a must in isreal

AND THE SIMPLE QUESTION FOLLOWS....

.....WHY WAS IT A MUST?
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by emteecve(m): 8:40am On Sep 22, 2012
newken: All muslims are blood sucking demons and vampires.

There is is nothing like gentle muslims. They are only waiting for the right time to strike.

Muhamed was a possesed man. A demon made mess of his life. His followers inherit the same demon, hence they crave for blood.

May hell torment muhamed in his decaying grave.
so stupid of u to say
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by sheyguy: 8:41am On Sep 22, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

The flag burning Muslims are not in America or they will be in jail already.

In America you can burn the Bible and it will be excused as freedom of expression. ......but let them catch you burning an American flag, you will bein jail quicker than you knew it, plus they will give your story to news media to use and rev up public sentiment against you. If you think its crap i invite you to burn an Americam flag in public and on Americam soil.
If you burn the Quran in America will muslim americans resort the normal violence we witness around Africa and the Arab world? . . . Don't get the spiritual approach of most Christians to 'Battles' confused with anything else . . . It is assumed that all battle is the Lord's by most christians until there is major confrontation and this assumption has gradually been exploited over time but that does not equate to submission to any external beliefs.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by carefulme(m): 8:44am On Sep 22, 2012
KINGwax: hahahaha..and i guess the best thing for your god is to got fought for by his slaves! Hahahaha

......why not attack the simple claim rather than pull this up?.......
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 22, 2012
Does it mean that all muslims will go to hell?
Spirituality and religion is very complicated so I don't like arguing over it.
All those critisizing the muslims, if u were born into a muslim family would'nt u be a muslim now?
For the muslims, if u were born into a christain family, what will u be now?

God is supreme, he has all the answers!
Let's mind what we say..

Meanwhile I have hot "garri" and vegetable soup to eat this morning, so pls excuse me!

2 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by KINGwax(m): 8:45am On Sep 22, 2012
carefulme:

.....WHY WAS IT A MUST?
oh God! Baseless!!! When God was giving the order that all male child in Isreal must be circumcised, did he say because they must marry? For God's sake the other non-isreali tribes are not circumcised and they are well married! God!
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Fimmy(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2012
No real muslim will speak ill of Jesus,we believe in him and his teachings.

1 Like

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by KINGwax(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2012
carefulme:

......why not attack the simple claim rather than pull this up?.......
pull what up? Read a more logical write up here
phiphis: reasons why christians can not go on ranpages ovrer the brasphemy of Jesus christ.
1. matt: 26: 52-53 Jesus told peter "put your sword back in place because allwho take up a sword will perish by a sword or do you think that i cannot call on my Father and HE will provide Me T once with more than 12 legions of angels?

2. our God is the mighty Man in battle, He said we shold hold on He will fight th battle for us and we shall hold our peace. why then should we christians fight for Him.

3. our GOD
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by deols(f): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2012
fagamite:

Dolt
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by vanstanzy(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2012
KINGwax: i biliv u knw exactly wot u practice, your prophet was all abt kill kill kill the infidels!

I am displeased that u even had time to answer leemaks' post. U dont argue with a maniac, u just ignore them and walk by.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Damon03(m): 8:49am On Sep 22, 2012
Another waste of time religious arguement makes the frontpage. See the number of pple viewing the topic and you would know how st.upid nigerians can be. Superlative mor0ns!!

*Unfollows topic*
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by freecocoa(f): 8:51am On Sep 22, 2012
Why would christians fight and kill because Jesus christ was insulted when Jesus christ will punish them for even thinking evil of someone else let alone killing?

Those muslims who kill for Muhammad are just plain ignorant and at the same time evil.

1 Like

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by peruso: 8:51am On Sep 22, 2012
why should THEY? IF YOU TRUELY KNOW WHAT YOU BELIEVE, YOU DONT NEED ANY FOOLISH PROTEST WHEN SOMEONE COMES UP WITH ANYTHING THATS NOT THE TRUTH ABOUT IT. YOU SHOULD JUST LAUGH IT OFF AND KNOW THAT THERE IS A IGNORANT FELLOW DOING SOMETHING ELSE.

2 Likes

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by vanstanzy(m): 8:52am On Sep 22, 2012
carefulme:

.....WHY WAS IT A MUST?

Cos KINGwax, himself is god who made the circumcision law. What kind of a dumb question is this?
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by carefulme(m): 8:58am On Sep 22, 2012
vanstanzy:

Cos KINGwax, himself is god who made the circumcision law. What kind of a dumb question is this?

........so you accept claims because it was said to be SO...........
.......CIRCUMCISION WAS COMPULSORY BECAUSE IT WAS SAID TO BE SO.........
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Mekky2010: 8:59am On Sep 22, 2012
Simple
Most Christians still apply a little bit of common sense
In Islam common sense is a scarce product

If u are in trouble, most Christians say "God will fight for u"
Most Muslims prefer to fight for God instead...

The big question is:

Why will any reasonable person worship, submit or pray to a God, man, idol etc that cannot fight for himself? how can such a god that cannot protect itself protect you....
Next time before you insult anybody not to mention kill a human because of his opinion please think about the above....but as they say common sense aren't common after all.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 22, 2012
And how does all these arguments affect the price of "garri" in the market?

Whether ur a xtain or muslim, we all eat "garri" so that should be the main topic of discussion cos an increase or decrease in the price will affect us all.

And how does this affect the price of "garri" in the market?

1 Like

Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by emabe: 9:02am On Sep 22, 2012
ekt_bear: So I'm sure you've heard already about this ancient text that supposedly quotes Jesus referencing his wife (see this if you aren't aware of it: http://www.chron.com/life/houston-belief/article/Five-big-questions-about-the-Jesus-wife-papyrus-3881424.php)

So my question is, why aren't Christians in the US, Nigeria, Europe, South America, Asia etc rioting, protesting, murdering people, blowing up buildings and committing other acts of terrorism, etc?

Shouldn't they be deeply offended? And if so, isn't violence a legitimate way to express displeasure?
Good question. It just proves to show that morden day Christianity is a religion with common sense unlike Islam.
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by carefulme(m): 9:02am On Sep 22, 2012
KINGwax: pull what up? Read a more logical write up here

......LOGICAL WRITE UP?
......AND THIS MUST COME FROM THE BIBLE?....
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by KINGwax(m): 9:07am On Sep 22, 2012
vanstanzy:

i tire o
Re: Why No Riots Over Jesus's Wife Story? by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 22, 2012
I love my Jesus so much!

I pray everyday that the price of "garri" should be reduced!

And I know one day he will answer our prayer!

@topic
Even we that are christains we are not united! Catholics will say there ROMAN CATHOLIC religion is the only way to heaven..
They BOW down to Mary when the bible warned us not to, yet they believe in the Bible!

Catholic religion and Islam have great similarities so I don't see why they should be critisizing the muslims.

May God have mercy on us all!

I hope my prayer for the "price of garri" to be reduced gets answered one day!

Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos / Pastor Digs Out Charm During Family Liberation In Imo State (photos) / Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Pictured With Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.