Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,439 members, 7,836,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (1001) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2417477 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) ... (1021) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by christejames(m): 2:11pm On Mar 01
Broveens42:
Breaking!
...the construction of world class flyover at Assumpta has started

This is great news, I hope the quality will be taken into consideration, I don't want another abandoned bridge in Owerri like the cosmetic one done by Rochas...

But why is this new flyover bridge a single lane or carriage? One can only use the bridge why going? undecided that means those coming will still be experiencing traffic? undecided

I hope that is not the true image in the render, if not, the design should be changed biko.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:50pm On Mar 01
I wish Nigerians would end their love affair with these 'flyovers' lol. The rest of the world did then in the 70s and have now realized it was a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 5:07pm On Mar 01
Ofodirinwa:
I wish Nigerians would end their love affair with these 'flyovers' lol. The rest of the world did then in the 70s and have now realized it was a mistake.
I have never been a fan of flyovers...I believe they are an afterthought or a way to correct a planning mistake done initially

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 5:08pm On Mar 01
Broveens42:
Breaking!
would have been happier if the funds for this were deployed to orlu-mgbee-akokwa dual carriage reconstruction all the way to the anambra border
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Broveens42(m): 6:10pm On Mar 01
Ofodirinwa:

It's only a mistake when you construct at areas done by Rochas
The construction of the flyover is in order when:
1. you have alternative routes from one end of a high way(ph road) to the city center
2. Where there is high concentration of institutional activities (Assumpta, Holy ghost, Owerri girls sec, parks)
3. Where major high ways(ph road, Onitsha road) are intersected by a street(WB)

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Broveens42(m): 6:12pm On Mar 01
Breaking!
Solar lights installed at the first section of Toronto - Orji road, as Human activities are already booming
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 6:14pm On Mar 01
In years to come, it will make traffic worst, and it's unsightly. People commonly start living under them as well. That is what I mean. It also kills the neighborhoods and areas it's located by because as Nigeria develops and settles, nobody will want to invest near an overpass because it's loud, dangerous and dirty. In the US, all of the neighborhoods that have flyovers become ghettos. But Nigerians are not as sensitive to noise so hopefully this doesn't happen.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Broveens42(m): 6:15pm On Mar 01
#Toronto-ekemegbuoha road is 99% completed.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Broveens42(m): 6:20pm On Mar 01
Ofodirinwa:
In years to come, it will make traffic worst, and it's unsightly. People commonly start living under them as well. That is what I mean. It also kills the neighborhoods and areas it's located by because as Nigeria develops and settles, nobody will want to invest near an overpass because it's loud, dangerous and dirty. In the US, all of the neighborhoods that have flyovers become ghettos. But Nigerians are not as sensitive to noise so hopefully this doesn't happen.

It can never make traffic worse when you have more than 3 routes from ph road axis to the city center and two routes from Onitsha road to the city center.
The reason for flyovers is for ease of movement for persons of institutions within the city center, not really for travellers.

The project is in order

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afrocablenews2: 7:03pm On Mar 01
Hi please I am new here on Nairaland.

I need traffic to my blog website AFROCABLENEWS.com

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 7:54pm On Mar 01
Ikengawo you are one of the reasons i love what chino does to you guys. You are from imo state but you are constantly attacking Anambra until you were chained .

Now let’s face it, why are you angry that Anambra people say that they have the most developed state ? Why is it always bitter to you when Anambra people say they have the best cities and villages?

Is Anambra not more developed than imo state? Is Awka and Onitsha not better than your glorified village Owerri? All these are facts but because you cannot handle it , that’s why you are angry over it.

Why are you angry that Anambra people say that their airport is the best and busiest in igboland? Isn’t it true? Why do you have a problem with that ?

Anambra has the largest economy in igboland and Anambra people are proud to say it, why are you angry with it ? Anambra shall continue to be million of miles better than imo state and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Millions of imo indigenes live in Anambra, if ndi Anambra aren’t nice, they would have chased you guys out, but they harboured you guys from imo state.

Why are you constantly bitter and envious? You guys do same thing on YouTube, facebook, etc, but when you are attacked back, you start saying that Anambra people are the problem.

Ofodirinwa:

He's not alone. Even on social media anambras have insulting Igbo people to the point of convincing themselves that there is something happening in Anambra that doesn't happen everywhere else. This group of them have become a weakness for Igbo people in general because anyone that wants to divide Igbo people will appeal to their insecurity and desire to have conflict with others and it will work. In a stage way they have become a second Ikwerre people.
But yes, everyone has ignorned them, especially Chino. But the ignoring makes them think they are actually telling the truth or preceiving reality correctly. Everyday someone from Anambra is insulting Ebonyi people for example, but Abakaliki is like Dubai compared to Awka. Still Ebonyi people ignore and move on. I remember when they got an airport then flooded the internet with nonsense to the point that you would forget that are the 4th Igbo state to get an airport. I remember telling one mugu that Aba had more factories than Onitsha, which is something the entire world knows. Nwanne, the way this chimpa attacked me for several days after really showed there is something mental happening to a lot of our brothers.
What exactly do they think is happening in Anambra that is not normal everywhere else? Village mansions? They have even gone only to constantly declare its just Anambra that has village mansions, or that Anambra rich people are richer than rich people everywhere when Owerri (capital) and Abririba (village) are mates.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 7:57pm On Mar 01
CentralIntels:
Ikengawo you are one of the reasons i love what chino does to you guys. You are from imo state but you are constantly attacking Anambra until you were chained .

Now let’s face it, why are you angry that Anambra people say that they have the most developed state ? Why is it always bitter to you when Anambra people say they have the best cities and villages?

Is Anambra not more developed than imo state? Is Awka and Onitsha not better than your glorified village Owerri? All these are facts but because you cannot handle it , that’s why you are angry over it.

Millions of imo indigenes live in Anambra, if ndi Anambra aren’t nice, they would have chased you guys out, but they harboured you guys from imo state.

Why are you constantly bitter and envious? You guys do same thing on YouTube, facebook, etc, but when you are attacked back, you start saying that Anambra people are the problem.

Chino you're only typing all of this because somebody exposed that you had HIV this afternoon.
What is this 'imo people live in Anambra' nonsense? Anambra people notoriously live in Asaba, Enugu and Aba lol. I haven't checked Owerri but who would it surprise? The irony is Anambra people are well known for living in nearby states. Half of Asaba is from Anambra.
What are you doing bro? is it a thing of shame?

Do you know how many of those buildings in Onitsha are specifically owned by Orlu zone people? If I speak now lol

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 8:00pm On Mar 01
Ok
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 8:07pm On Mar 01
Ikengawo you have AIDS and it is a fact.

As for millions of imo indigenes that live in Anambra, it is a known fact that over 2/3rd of imo population live in Onitsha and Awka. It is an established fact.

Owerri is a glorified village and you can never see people from other igbo states living in Owerri, but imo indigenes that live in SE are mostly living in Onitsha, Enugu and Awka. It is a shame that you have a state that your indigenes cannot live in.

Onitsha and Asaba are like New York and New Jersey. Anambra people and Delta people have a lot in common, both cultures, language, marriage, etc, than they ever have with imo state. We are happy to align more with Delta than your backward useless imo state.

As for Imo indigenes that rather live and invest in Onitsha, it is a shame to you people that your indigenes have refused to invest in imo state. It is a shameful thing if you don’t know ask around

Ofodirinwa:

Chino you're only typing all of this because somebody exposed that you had HIV this afternoon.
What is this 'imo people live in Anambra' nonsense? Anambra people notoriously live in Asaba, Enugu and Aba lol. I haven't checked Owerri but who would it surprise? The irony is Anambra people are well known for living in nearby states. Half of Asaba is from Anambra.
What are you doing bro? is it a thing of shame?

Do you know how many of those buildings in Onitsha are specifically owned by Orlu zone people? If I speak now lol

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:22pm On Mar 01
If Peter Obi was from Imo State, Ebonyi State, Abia State or Enugu State there would have been strong opposition against his candidacy from Anambra because of State of origin. That's a truth everyone knows.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 8:27pm On Mar 01
Produce a Peter Obi and not an Okoroawusa

Abagworo:
If Peter Obi was from Imo State, Ebonyi State, Abia State or Enugu State there would have been strong opposition against his candidacy from Anambra because of State of origin. That's a truth everyone knows.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:50pm On Mar 01
All of una get time dey converse with chino..I comot cap for una..rather watch paint dry

7 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Zssk0003: 11:14pm On Mar 01
I think we need to be careful with the kind of comments we put out. Enough of this negative narrative. I'm for Anambra and it doesn't matter if an Ebony man is elected as a President provided he has the character, capacity, and competence to deliver the job. We must stop bringing down other people cos we believe we are the best. I don't see the reason why you should drag Peter Obi into this and please let's end this nonsense comparison. What we should be bothered about is how the Southeast should develop. This thread used to be very fun and interactive up until recently. Let's behave like civilized people. Anambra, IMO, Abia, Enugu, and Ebonyi we are all one and I see no reason to hate each other. I come in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 5:18pm On Mar 02
Ikengawo saying whatever you want to say is not an issue, the issue is that you shouldn’t say that Anambra people are the problem when we respond to whatever you have said. It’s a mutual thing, the reason you have problem with Anambra people is that people like me will never allow your comments on Anambra slide without getting even a heavier response. So say whatever you like but be prepared for the response. You people are the problem, you attack first and when we respond it becomes an issue. No one can ever intimidate us, it is fire for fire until everyone learns to behave the right way and mutual respect will stand. Until then let the vicious circle continue.

Ofodirinwa:

So saying something about Soludo is an insult to Anambra? Now you're stuck sheepishly defending him because Anambra = Soludo?
Anyways I would not want to live like that. I've said what I wanted to say and won't go further as to not derail this thread more.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 5:22pm On Mar 02
So because they said you have HIV nobody can hear word?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CentralIntels: 5:28pm On Mar 02
So because they said you have AIDS , now you want to infect people with it. Ok
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Onyejerenima: 7:07pm On Mar 03
Broveens42:
Breaking!
Where did you get your news
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by StarRida: 11:23pm On Mar 03
I feel very bad when my Igbo brothers and sisters are dragging themselves on social media tomorrow Ndi ofe-nmanu will start using it against you people please grow up my brothers and sisters let's cover our shame you hardly see ndi ofe-nmanu drag each other on social media

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Goldsplash(m): 12:22am On Mar 04
StarRida:
I feel very bad when my Igbo brothers and sisters are dragging themselves on social media tomorrow Ndi ofe-nmanu will start using it against you people please grow up my brothers and sisters let's cover our shame you hardly see ndi ofe-nmanu drag each other on social media
it's quite unfortunate and painful. Such issues have actually kept me away from this thread and other South East threads. I don't understand why any true son of Igbo land will engage in such banter in a public forum such as this.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:26am On Mar 04
https://energydayng.com/2023/11/24/waltersmith-refinery-in-imo-achieves-record-production-of-nearly-600m-litres-of-petroleum-products-since-2020/

Isa said, “We have customers from as far as Sokoto and from all over the country. It is obvious to us that the current capacity is so limited. That is why we are working very hard to conclude the next phase and ramp up the capacity.

“We expect Phase Two to come onstream by June 2025. Our target is to achieve 40,000bpd capacity in the shortest possible time and that is where we are headed,” Isa said.

Oladapo Filani, CEO Waltersmith Petroman Oil said, “Between the Final Investment Decision (FID) and coming on stream of the Phase One project was between 18 – 24 months and we see ourselves reproducing that for Phase Two, which is a replica and an improvement on the learnings of what we achieved with Phase One”, said.

Sen. Lokpobiri, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), in his comment about the facility, expressed confidence in the operations of the Waltersmith Refinery and pledged his full support and that of the government for the expansion plans of their refinery project.

EnergyDay’s check showed that the refinery has been a stable source of all the various petroleum products for the domestic market since its commissioning in 2020.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:21am On Mar 04
This is Abia State but I'm posting it to show the minimum standard every internal roads in Southeastern cities should look like. I praised Ikpeazu for doing this and I'm glad to see Otti has started doing it too. Gutters shouldn't be open except they are arterial canals for large volume of water linking the river while all pther smaller drainages link to them. Sidewalks are basic necessity for every populated settlement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e27_Aca4RQM?si=sMifaxN7TfEsiyDF

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by InternalAuditor: 12:32pm On Mar 04
lol

Na only chino fit you imo state envious bitter baaatards. If not for chino una for don do shege in this forum. Chino kept everyone on their toes, if you bring trouble he will give it back to you double. Thank you chino for constantly putting these people in their place

asha80:
All of una get time dey converse with chino..I comot cap for una..rather watch paint dry
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Despacito1: 2:32pm On Mar 04
InternalAuditor:
lol

Na only chino fit you imo state envious bitter baaatards. If not for chino una for don do shege in this forum. Chino kept everyone on their toes, if you bring trouble he will give it back to you double. Thank you chino for constantly putting these people in their place

only you one dey talk to yourself and same you one dey reply yourself. That one no be craze? 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Despacito1: 2:35pm On Mar 04
Abagworo:
This is Abia State but I'm posting it to show the minimum standard every internal roads in Southeastern cities should look like. I praised Ikpeazu for doing this and I'm glad to see Otti has started doing it too. Gutters shouldn't be open except they are arterial canals for large volume of water linking the river while all pther smaller drainages link to them. Sidewalks are basic necessity for every populated settlement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e27_Aca4RQM?si=sMifaxN7TfEsiyDF

T
Just that Aba people are used to dirty lifestyle, it won't take time they will turn it to dustbin. I just hope Uzodinma will replicate this in Owerri, Okijgwe and Orlu at list, learn from Alex Otti.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by InternalAuditor: 3:08pm On Mar 04
Na only chino fit una. If you try nonsense you go see nonsense. You were a known troublemaker but when you saw a senior troublemaker you calmed down 🤣🤣

Despacito1:
only you one dey talk to yourself and same you one dey reply yourself. That one no be craze?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:17pm On Mar 04
This is Port Harcourt . D-Line and Rumueme well built internal roads.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Despacito1: 7:01pm On Mar 04
InternalAuditor:
Na only chino fit una. If you try nonsense you go see nonsense. You were a known troublemaker but when you saw a senior troublemaker you calmed down 🤣🤣

Calm wetin, I no even know wether you dey exist.😂

(1) (2) (3) ... (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) ... (1021) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Onyejerenima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.