Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2408735 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by sonature1: 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ofuzo:

I'm not doubting that the building is a mall. We seem to have a love affair with pillars. The way the pillars in the picture was set up, makes the building look like a museum not a mall. Our building styles sometimes have me scratching my head. I have seen nigerian gas stations with a building that looks like somebody's palatial mansion. I saw some factories owned by uche ogah where they had some buildings with balconies that looked like people's homes instead of the kinds of buildings built in factories. They all look very, very amateurish.

This is exactly what I've been saying for the longest time. The igbos are the most travelled tribe, and yet, they don't know how to build things. The first time I came back to nigeria after being away for 10 years was a big big shock. My first question was; what happened to all the engineers that came out of our technology schools scattered all over igboland. Why are they not being used to design and build stuff like PROPER drainage system instead of gutters. I'm not an engineer, but I can design and build a drainage system after observing what is obtainable in western countries. This is really what is making me VIOLENTLY angry everytime I come home and see how DISORGANIZED everything is. It is totally and completely unacceptable. Why the conspiracy of silence? Why is it, that every igbo son or daughter who is very well travelled, is seeing the way igboland and it's cities are and have decided to keep silent?

You know, there are igbo people in the US that are building contractors. There's one in Cincinnati Ohio that is a building contractor, building schools, libraries and residential buildings whose worth is in the millions of dollars. Why didn't the enugu government bring him back to build their brand new Secretariat? Why did sullivan chime give the contract to ARAB CONTRACTORS instead giving it to their own son.

Why can't igbo governors bring somebody like that to teach our people how to build things. His name is evans nwankwo who is an enugu man. There are several others, like the son of Chelsea group, from anambra. This is what the chinese do. At every given year, there's 100,000 chinese students studying in american universities. China have great universities, but the reason they and other countries like saudi arabia and india send thousands of their people to study in western countries is to steal what is obtainable there AND BRING IT BACK HOME TO THEIR COUNTRIES.

I think you are probably asking the wrong person because I am not a politician. grin However, I strongly believe that development is a process and that we grow to the level with time.

It could also be that those in government don't really see the need for breathtaking architectural designs. I remember telling Arinzeejikonye on Enugu thread that Gov Ugwuanyi doesn't build huge classroom blocks like Govs Rochas and Aregbesola. He answered: "What's more important is that there is enough to go round given that we have scarce resources." So, I think that's the mindset of most of our leaders. Keep in mind, however, that it doesn’t just happen in the east alone. I think it's a Nigerian thing.

Incredibleme, please if Abagworo knows what a mall means (as I guess he does), then that building cannot be a supermarket. A mall is NOT a synonym for Supermarket. Yes, a MALL is a building that houses many stores or supermarkets usually owned by different people. Let that sink in.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 6:20pm On Mar 17, 2019
sonature1 Hey I've seen it before and it's no where near a mall. It's a freaking supermaket. A mall is not that small. I doubt if 3 shops can fit into that building.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2019
sonature1:

I think you are probably asking the wrong person because I am not a politician. grin However, I strongly believe that development is a process and that we grow to the level with time.

It could also be that those in government don't really see the need for breathtaking architectural designs. I remember telling Arinzeejikonye on Enugu thread that Gov Ugwuanyi doesn't build huge classroom blocks like Govs Rochas and Aregbesola. He answered: "What's more important is that there is enough to go round given that we have scarce resources." So, I think that's the mindset of most of our leaders. Keep in mind, however, that it doesn’t just happen in the east alone. I think it's a Nigerian thing.

Incredibleme, please if Abagworo knows what a mall means (as I guess he does), then that building cannot be a supermarket. A mall is NOT a synonym for Supermarket. Yes, a MALL is a building that houses many stores or supermarkets usually owned by different people. Let that sink in.

Be rest assured, I'm not complaining to you. Your comment was an avenue I'm using to educate some of our home folks. I briefly tried doing that last year but stopped. I just resumed posting comments maybe last month.

What is going on in igboland is an abomination. Every time I enter aba, coming from calabar, I feel very depressed. Aba people, nay igbo people live in hell compared to calabar people, which is a city I visit often whenever I come home. Almost all the roads within calabar cities are tarred. Some neighborhoods in calabar that was developed 10 years ago have tarred roads with HUGE WIDE gutters that are interconnected, which allows the free flow of water, preventing flooding and opotopoto. But, umungasi aba that was fully developed 40 years ago have absolutely no tarred roads. A few roads that was tarred was not maintained and have since fallen into disrepair. This is not just umungasi aba, but other aba suburbs.

What I see every time I visit home is unimaginable amateurish mediocrity of the worst kind. For example, I'm shocked that igbo states have not figured how to set up a refuse collection system. Drive around igbo cities and you'll see uncollected heaps of refuse dotting the landscape. When you travel from owerri to aba and you join enugu to portharcourt expressway, there are heads and heaps and heaps and heaps and heaps of uncollected refuse in the entire highway stretch, some of, which I saw five years ago. If one does an excavation in igboland and dig twenty feet deep, what they will find is billions of plastic refuse that was never picked up going back probably 50 years ago from the end of the civil war.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unregistre: 3:18am On Mar 18, 2019
Abagworo:

Unfortunately Imo is going to stop developing as fast as we've witnessed in recent years. I will keep posting the good side of Imo State but like what happened to the Enugu thread after Sullivan left expect that to happen here.

Abagworo, irrespective of what happens, I want to say a "Big Thank You" for all the work you put into this thread. Without you, those of us in diaspora would not have had any ideas of the achievements of Rocha's administration. Those who did not see anything good in him are just too many.

9 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ifechez: 7:13am On Mar 18, 2019
Unregistre:

Abagworo, irrespective of what happens, I want to say a "Big Thank You" for all the work you put into this thread. Without you, those of us in diaspora would not have had any ideas of the achievements of Rocha's administration. Those who did not see anything good in him are just too many.

Do you know the debt profile of imo state currently? Are you aware civil servants and teachers are owed up to 9months salary? Do you know the state of our rural roads in imo state are the worst in Nigeria? Are you aware that despite the numerous claims and propaganda that imo citizens in imsu enjoin free tuition that it is a fat lie?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by sonature1: 7:34am On Mar 18, 2019
ifechez:

Do you know the debt profile of imo state currently? Are you aware civil servants and teachers are owed up to 9months salary? Do you know the state of our rural roads in imo state are the worst in Nigeria? Are you aware that despite the numerous claims and propaganda that imo citizens in imsu enjoin free tuition that it is a fat lie?

Keep quiet, mister
We know your type.
My brother finished from IMSU, so I have all the details.
While it's not right to call what Rochas is offering at the tertiary level a free education, you may want to find out what students in state universities across your region pay in tuition.
IMSU students will know what's up when Rochas leaves.
Admittedly, Rochas has many flaws. But when it comes to education, he did an intimidating job.
With respect to debt profile and unpaid salary arrears, if you have facts, post them like Chino and Abagworo always do.
Don't come here and be asking questions like this thread is for uninformed people.
Your type is the reason I always give some credit to Abagworo because you keep stereotyping the rumors that fly around the Internet for no obvious gains.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by tysontim(m): 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2019
Absu almost 250k per year.
As a result people claim to cm from imo state just to sch at imsu. Ungrateful imo students don't worry una go see whatsupp for sch fees

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unregistre: 4:17am On Mar 19, 2019
ifechez:

Well, I know everything you stated on your post... may be more, I know that Rochas one city state... Owerri is now one of the top ten most beautiful cities in Nigeria, and that Owerri airport is now the fourth highest rated in flight frequency in Nigeria, mind you flight frequency is a measure of economic activities in an area. So I do know more than you thought.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:38am On Mar 19, 2019
Ofuzo:

Be rest assured, I'm not complaining to you. Your comment was an avenue I'm using to educate some of our home folks. I briefly tried doing that last year but stopped. I just resumed posting comments maybe last month.

What is going on in igboland is an abomination. Every time I enter aba, coming from calabar, I feel very depressed. Aba people, nay igbo people live in hell compared to calabar people, which is a city I visit often whenever I come home. Almost all the roads within calabar cities are tarred. Some neighborhoods in calabar that was developed 10 years ago have tarred roads with HUGE WIDE gutters that are interconnected, which allows the free flow of water, preventing flooding and opotopoto. But, umungasi aba that was fully developed 40 years ago have absolutely no tarred roads. A few roads that was tarred was not maintained and have since fallen into disrepair. This is not just umungasi aba, but other aba suburbs.

What I see every time I visit home is unimaginable amateurish mediocrity of the worst kind. For example, I'm shocked that igbo states have not figured how to set up a refuse collection system. Drive around igbo cities and you'll see uncollected heaps of refuse dotting the landscape. When you travel from owerri to aba and you join enugu to portharcourt expressway, there are heads and heaps and heaps and heaps and heaps of uncollected refuse in the entire highway stretch, some of, which I saw five years ago. If one does an excavation in igboland and dig twenty feet deep, what they will find is billions of plastic refuse that was never picked up going back probably 50 years ago from the end of the civil war.

About the architectural design, Sir, I feel if the building serves it's purpose accordingly, design shouldn't matter a lot. Its better than having a beautifully designed edifice which can't serve its purpose... Its a place to start.

Refuse collection is probably one of my greatest disgust at our leaders in the East. I once looked into t, n was plainly told that it's not as if people haven't brought d idea, but the leaders kill all such ideas. Enugu has ESWAMA although their activity is limited to just few areas.

(Apology for the abbreviations)
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:09am On Mar 19, 2019
Abagworo:

Tha
Unfortunately Imo is going to stop developing as fast as we've witnessed in recent years. I will keep posting the good side of Imo State but like what happened to the Enugu thread after Sullivan left expect that to happen here.

Why do u say that, is it because your preferred choice didn't win? You've written the new guy off even before he starts. That tells a lot, Sir
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MyGeneration(m): 10:15am On Mar 19, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Why do u say that, is it because your preferred choice didn't win? You've written the new guy off even before he starts. That tells a lot, Sir
Lets mark his words and see if they come to past
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 11:25am On Mar 19, 2019
Ofuzo:

Ofuzo, while i respect and agree with your views on the level of decadence in Igboland, i think we should actually study why this issue persists. Is it that Igbos don't just like good things or are there deeper problems that would make us not emulate what goes on in places like Calabar and Uyo.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2019
MyGeneration:

Lets mark his words and see if they come to past

Sure, we'll do that. I just feel he might be too biased to accept if the guy does right, considering his mindset now
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2019
Afam4eva:

Ofuzo, while i respect and agree with your views on the level of decadence in Igboland, i think we should actually study why this issue persists. Is it that Igbos don't just like good things or are there deeper problems that would make us not emulate what goes on in places like Calabar and Uyo.

Left to me, I'll say its negligence coupled with lackadaisical attitude. Cos I've been to Nnewi and some other Anambra towns n seen the kind of development that the community themselves brought on their community.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 4:25pm On Mar 19, 2019
The culverts, township roads, public buildings, etc built by Orlu local government councils with their federal allocations and internally generated revenues during the 1980s and 1990s still stand.

Gov Rochas Okorocha using the federal allocations of the 27 local government areas, as well as the capital development funds of Imo state, to build one city - Owerri - is a fraud. He even built federal government Prisons and Police headquarters in Owerri.

Any reasonable citizen of Imo state must condemn the fraud of seizing federal allocations of the local government councils to build one city. What happened to the funds to have been used to provide basic social infrastructures in the other locations outside Owerri?

Okorocha's poor education and grudges against his perceived enemies in a section of the state landed him into building Owerri first.

He boasts that he is building his dear state capital to a mega city, perhaps with the forlorn hope that his successors shall look into building other cities for Imo state.

If Rochas had allowed the local government councils their federal allocations of eight years, flood may not have been doing all the damages in Orlu and many other parts of Imo state outside Owerri today.

Orlu for example is in decay, in taters, after Okorocha widened four Orlu streets of total distance about five kilometers, placed street light on them and went to town that he made Orlu a city. But he in fact, scrapped and abandoned more than twenty kilometers of existing roads in the town. Thereafter, he tactically demoted Orlu to rural area status and treats it like any other rural local government area in the state.

Okorocha never understood that as he builds only in Owerri, the city expands and swallows more and more population and businesses from Orlu and Okigwe areas. His successors thus have little choice than continue to use most of the state's development money to build social infrastructures only in Owerri to accommodate the influx of population and businesses from Orlu and Okigwe areas to Owerri.

Orlu and Okigwe areas can even wither away with time through the process of build Owerri first to standard.

But as Owerri overpopulates, slums with all the social vices follow.
This is already the situation in Okorocha's dear state capital city.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by whirlwind7(m): 6:32am On Mar 21, 2019
Abagworo:

You mean Owerri is going to stop developing as fast?

The rest of your comments shows that you don't believe anyone else other than the Rochas Okorocha family dynasty can govern and develop Imo State Owerri State.

That's downright nasty. Don't weep for your pocket for too long. Man up and forge ahead. I commiserate with you over your loss. Cheer up a little, biko. Governments come and go. Ndo tongue

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:40pm On Mar 21, 2019
whirlwind7:

The rest of your comments shows that you don't believe anyone else other than the Rochas Okorocha family dynasty can govern and develop Imo State Owerri State.

That's downright nasty. Don't weep for your pocket for too long. Man up and forge ahead. I commiserate with you over your loss. Cheer up a little, biko. Governments come and go. Ndo tongue

Same thing I thought o. I never imagined such from him, whether he is being paid or not.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2019
Ofuzo:

You got it all wrong.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:50pm On Mar 22, 2019
whirlwind7:

Your allegation is unfounded. First of all I don't believe Okorocha has a dynasty as that is more or less a propaganda. Imo State will generally retrogress because the new government will be like Wike in Rivers anchoring on propaganda and show off. We are all here and shall surely see with our own eyes and remember to quote this so that when it starts you will know I'm smarter than average.

1 They will not be able to continue free education citing lack of funds. My question how did Okorocha do it?

2 They will not be able to complete the interconnected 8 lane highways cutting across Owerri and outskirts citing lack of funds. My question how did Okorocha fo it?

3 They won't be able to pursue aggressive construction and reconstruction of schools in hundreds like Okorocha but rather build one to ten and make too much noise about it.

4 The pension they used in blackmailing Okorocha will still not be paid except they negotiate percentage cut like Okorocha.

5 We shall start seeing flag off ceremony and commissioning ceremony as a form of propaganda which was never seen in Okorocha government. Rather projects after projects from day one till this day without noise.

6 The major reason Owerri will stop experiencing real estate boom is because the new Governor is not a businessman. Okorocha brought the boom because he is a land speculator and owned dozens of properties in Owerri before even thinking of becoming Governor so he knew that by opening up some areas and bringing completely new concept there would be speedy appreciation of property value. The reason why the markets he built at the outskirts are booming today is because of the Ekeukwu that was demolished which he did for the future generation.

7 The new Governor is coming on the platform of conspiracy involving many godfathers cutting across States. What it means is that he will not have enough funds and space to work. One of the reasons Okorocha was able to do much is because he came to power by popular votes thereby owing no godfather. He does what he believes is interest of the State even if it could affect his popularity.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2019
World water day in Owerri today.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by sonature1: 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2019
Abagworo:

Your allegation is unfounded. First of all I don't believe Okorocha has a dynasty as that is more or less a propaganda. Imo State will generally retrogress because the new government will be like Wike in Rivers anchoring on propaganda and show off. We are all here and shall surely see with our own eyes and remember to quote this so that when it starts you will know I'm smarter than average.

1 They will not be able to continue free education citing lack of funds. My question how did Okorocha do it?

2 They will not be able to complete the interconnected 8 lane highways cutting across Owerri and outskirts citing lack of funds. My question how did Okorocha fo it?

3 They won't be able to pursue aggressive construction and reconstruction of schools in hundreds like Okorocha but rather build one to ten and make too much noise about it.

4 The pension they used in blackmailing Okorocha will still not be paid except they negotiate percentage cut like Okorocha.

5 We shall start seeing flag off ceremony and commissioning ceremony as a form of propaganda which was never seen in Okorocha government. Rather projects after projects from day one till this day without noise.

6 The major reason Owerri will stop experiencing real estate boom is because the new Governor is not a businessman. Okorocha brought the boom because he is a land speculator and owned dozens of properties in Owerri before even thinking of becoming Governor so he knew that by opening up some areas and bringing completely new concept there would be speedy appreciation of property value. The reason why the markets he built at the outskirts are booming today is because of the Ekeukwu that was demolished which he did for the future generation.

7 The new Governor is coming on the platform of conspiracy involving many godfathers cutting across States. What it means is that he will not have enough funds and space to work. One of the reasons Okorocha was able to do much is because he came to power by popular votes thereby owing no godfather. He does what he believes is interest of the State even if it could affect his popularity.

Oga, stop this speculative tendency.
U are not God.
Don't ruin this thread that u have contributed reasonably to.
Rochas got power-drunk and his in-law was kicked out...
Just hope that INEC recognizes him as a senator because he acts as a man who has lost his senses
I won't plead with u to give the in-coming governor a chance.
Just share picture of his projects like u always do..that's all I ask of you.
Rochas was a big lesson to everyone.
Igbo enweghi eze!

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2019
Okoroawusa actually destroyed Imo state with his family dynasty and iberiberism. Ihedioha is coming to put things in order.

Look at the present condition of Owerri after Okoroawusa wasted 8yrs with no reasonable project to show except massive debt hanging on Imo state. Ihedioha will probe Okoroawusa and jail him. Your propaganda cannot change the reality on ground.

[s]
Abagworo:

7 The new Governor is coming on the platform of conspiracy I spoke with the man on phone. I may proceed on transfer next week. I need to conclude with him as soon as possible if he is serious. many godfathers cutting across States. What it means is that he will not have enough funds and space to work. One of the reasons Okorocha was able to do much is because he came to power by popular votes thereby owing no godfather. He does what he believes is interest of the State even if it could affect his popularity.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2019
Abagworo:

You still de talk about continue to build Owerri interconnected eight lane streets.

People live on scores of dilapidated two lane streets in Orlu, rain floods owing to uncompleted urban drainage do havoc on the entire town.

We don't have pipe borne water.

Yet your Owerri, Owerri and Owerri madness still day?

Except their villages, rest of Imo state outside Owerri has been the blind spot of your mentors, Okorocha and Nwosu for seven years.

Okorocha and his son-in-law infected you with their Owerri Owerri and Owerri madness.

I laughed seeing Owerri crowd shredding Uche Nwosu's photos on the eight lane streets of Owerri.

The new govt must be a people inclusive govt, not the type of this outgoing, grudge ravaged and rogue govt which reduced Imo state to become Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 3:11pm On Mar 23, 2019
Abagworo is already wishing bad for the next gov of Imo state, Emeka Ihedioha.

Hopefully, after May 29, 2019, Abagworo shall stop featuring on this thread.

For about four years, we warned Abagworo and his Rochas Okorocha about the dangers in reducing Imo state to Owerri, told them that Imo state extends beyond Owerri.

Iberiberism blocked their ears.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MyGeneration(m): 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2019
kikake:
Abagworo is already wishing bad for the next gov of Imo state, Emeka Ihedioha.

Hopefully, after May 29, 2019, Abagworo shall stop featuring on this thread.

For about four years, we warned Abagworo and his Rochas Okorocha about the dangers in reducing Imo state to Owerri, told them that Imo state extends beyond Owerri.

Iberiberism blocked their ears.
I am eager to see how Emeka will perform
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 11:50pm On Mar 23, 2019
Abagworo:
World water day in Owerri today.

You show World Water Day in Owerri, Gov Okorocha's mega city without pipe borne water.

You mock your oga Rochas Okorocha's Iberiberism at times, I think so.
Okorocha tells us: "I am building our dear state capital city" to international standard. No educated state governor can say that.
Is there any city of international standard without pipe borne water?

And Rochas Okorocha wanted to govern Imo for another four, perhaps eight years.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by DanielOc: 2:53am On Mar 25, 2019
Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by DanielOc: 2:54am On Mar 25, 2019
CBN Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by DanielOc: 2:55am On Mar 25, 2019
Coming through

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by DanielOc: 2:57am On Mar 25, 2019
New Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by DanielOc: 2:59am On Mar 25, 2019
This is Akwakuma, Owerri

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by DanielOc: 3:00am On Mar 25, 2019
Akwakuma beautiful lake, Owerri...

This place is fun...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.