Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2400461 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
MxreR:
Hopeless frustrated bastard. I hope you remember like 3yrs ago when you will always come to Anambra thread to troll. Now is my turn to troll and break your heart. Lol

Why are you CURSED that you don't like discussing your dead Abia state? I want us to discuss about the dead ABIA state because i have some new pictures..lol

So now because Abia state is dead, that is why you have suddenly become an Igbo man from Igbo state. We must always state clearly where you come from which is the dead Abia state.

[s][/s]
me, do I have that time? Bleep off attention seeker.

And I will be coming to Aba this Easter, can will meet in Aba let discuss the progress of the city and igboland in general.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MxreR: 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
Lol. Where you wan come? Abia state is dead, so there's no where to come to. See the present condition of Aba. Let us discuss it. Abia state is a disgrace to Igbos. We reject Abia state from Igbo union. lol

[s]
B2mario:
me, do I have that time? Bleep off attention seeker.
And I will be coming to Aba this Easter, can will meet in Aba let discuss the progress of the city and igboland in general.
[/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 9:27am On Apr 12, 2019
Abagworo:

Sullivan built few new roads but maintained already existing and cut out walkways from their edges while Okorocha created roads in swamps, erosion sites and hitherto inaccessible areas. Future Governors can improve on those not good enough. Meanwhile more photos of Ogboko, Ideato South LGA.

At the emboldened, I think you are very right.
However, my argument is on the quality of job done.
I remember that Rochas rehabilitated Douglas Road in 2011.
Yes, I was in Owerri then.

Some two years later, the coaltar (or whatever) that the contractors poured on the existing one was disgracefully peeling off.

Again, I know that Rochas did a good infrastructural job, but his road and bridge projects were way below acceptable Nigerian standard. Remember that COREN warned motorists to avoid one of the bridges he constructed.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
B2mario:
last time I was in Imo state the roads have nothing wrong to say about them, infact, Owerri was like London, the roads were in good shapes starting from Aba road to okigwe road, Akachi road, egwu road, Douglas road still under dualisation, Dee Sam road, bank road, Orlu road, the expanded Owerri/Orlu expressway even all the orlu city roads dualised by him apart from the abandoned ones like the old owerri road, the road besides the children park and the one opposite St. Joseph Catholic church. So why terming them substandard while they've lasted for more than 6yrs.

Mind you, Rochas patronized local contractors and local products which is appreciable and Imo is not rich. So we have all it takes to appreciate Rochas, he is a good economist and a good manager.

As you said, Rochas Okorocha made Owerri look like London,

but Orlu outside the four streets enlarged by Okorocha looks like hell.

Little rain wrecks havoc because Okorocha refused to complete Orlu urban drainage gutter.
Most of the inner streets of Orlu are dilapidated, no maintenance since 2011.

Okorocha seems bent on leaving office without completing work on the more than 15kms of roads he either scrapped or initiated in Orlu.

If he does, he has set a precedence that shall never go well in this region.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:47pm On Apr 12, 2019
kikake:

As you said, Rochas Okorocha made Owerri look like London,

but Orlu outside the four streets enlarged by Okorocha looks like hell.

Little rain wrecks havoc because Okorocha refused to complete Orlu urban drainage gutter.
Most of the inner streets of Orlu are dilapidated, no maintenance since 2011.

Okorocha seems bent on leaving office without completing work on the more than 15kms of roads he either scrapped or initiated in Orlu.

If he does, he has set a precedence that shall never go well in this region.
Oga stop lying here, you paid e-rats. Some of your colleagues will not even agree that he did anything in owerri while you are here saying that he made Owerri to look like London at the expense of Orlu.

You said just 4 roads? Chai, brother there's God ooo. Are you sure you know Orlu too well?
In Orlu, he dualised Amaigbo/nkwerre road, Old Owerri road, new Owerri road, asika ilobi avenue, bank road, Owus avenue and orlu/ideato road (which is more than 40km). So count and tell me how many they are.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 9:02pm On Apr 12, 2019
B2mario:
Oga stop lying here, you paid e-rats. Some of your colleagues will not even agree that he did anything in owerri while you are here saying that he made Owerri to look like London at the expense of Orlu.

You said just 4 roads? Chai, brother there's God ooo. Are you sure you know Orlu too well?
In Orlu, he dualised Amaigbo/nkwerre road, Old Owerri road, new Owerri road, asika ilobi avenue, bank road, Owus avenue and orlu/ideato road (which is more than 40km). So count and tell me how many they are.

Stop replying that guy.
He hasn't visited Imo State in 7 years.
The pictures of Orlu that he shares online are those of 2012.
He may never even know the way to his Orlu home.
All sourced from Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 9:54pm On Apr 12, 2019
SoNature:

Stop replying that guy.

I live in Orlu.

Mention of Orlu sends you mad - as usual.

I can bet that you don't know where Orlu is.

In five years here, you praised Rochas Okorocha and his Owerri one-city development policy.

Okorocha is now a persona non grata before the people of Owerri. Now Owerri even allege that Okorocha is dismantling and looting what he built in Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cjrane: 10:09pm On Apr 12, 2019
Imolites should mobilize and stop Rochas from looting the state as he is doing. This is not the time for "I don't care" attitude.

Also, the new Governor must probe the current criminal regime and impound all the illegal assets acquired through looting of state funds.

Not to mention that SOME not ALL of those useless statues erected for political reason must go down.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 10:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
B2mario:

Stop your usual exaggeration:
In Orlu urban local government area, the second most populated town in Imo state, Okorocha govt dualized/enlarged:

1) Ihioma road -- 1.8km/Amaigbo road 500meters.

2) Owus Avenue -- 600 meters.

3) Asika Ilobi Avenue/Enugu road -- 600 meters.

4) Bank road --- 300 meters.

Total 3.8 kms.

Okorocha must have dualized or paved up to 60kms of Owerri streets.

More than 40 kms of Orlu urban streets are either dilapidated or brown - unpaved

Your adding to Orlu the road from Owerri pass Orlu to Akokwa which Rochas is enlarging to lead to his Ogboko businesses and hometown - that is not it. Who is fooled?

Alhaji Tijani Street beginning from Orlu stadium to Old Owerri road is not through to Y junction, therefore hardly useful.

Next, I shall enumerate the more than 15 kms of roads either scrapped or initiated by Okorocha govt in Orlu since 2012, but abandoned since then.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 11:09pm On Apr 12, 2019
Abagworo, what's wrong with Rochas?
He's about setting a bad precedence.
Tell him he's playing with the tiger's tail.
He doesn't only want to kill his political career for good, he also wants us to chase him out of our state.
Why's he taking away stuff he bought with taxpayers' money?

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OMANBALA1: 12:57am On Apr 13, 2019
Rochas knows he is done politically, so, he might as well sweep the state coffers before hand over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:04am On Apr 13, 2019
cjrane:
Imolites should mobilize and stop Rochas from looting the state as he is doing. This is not the time for "I don't care" attitude.

Also, the new Governor must probe the current criminal regime and impound all the illegal assets acquired through looting of state funds.

Not to mention that SOME not ALL of those useless statues erected for political reason must go down.
rochas actually has a poverty mentality ..I wish I can post some videos about this his stripping bare of equipment his govt bought for the state..such a low thinking human being

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 13, 2019
cjrane:

In Dubai, monuments are part of their tourist attractions. You are free to search for "the frame Dubai" on Google. That is an example of monument used as a tourist attraction in Dubai. Anybody who organizes the destruction of those status in Freedom park is a big fool because, destroying the status will not bring back the money used to create them and it will make Freedom park less attractive to tourists. You people should apply wisdom sometimes. Do u how much it will cost to bring down the entire Akachi monument? Haven't you had of a "Town Square" before? If a town square is built around Akachi monument don't u know how beautiful the place will look?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 13, 2019
asha80:
rochas actually has a poverty mentality ..I wish I can post some videos about this his stripping bare of equipment his govt bought for the state..such a low thinking human being

Even Ambode here in Lagos is still commissioning projects despite the way he was wrongly pushed out of contesting for his 2nd term. Okorocha may end up being the most hated Igbo man in Igbo land if he continues like this. He is a big disappointment.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:51am On Apr 13, 2019
SoNature:

Stop replying that guy.
bro I've been keeping mute but I think it's high time I burst these their lies
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:04am On Apr 13, 2019
kikake:

I live in Orlu.

Mention of Orlu sends you mad - as usual.

I can bet that you don't know where Orlu is.

In five years here, you praised Rochas Okorocha and his Owerri one-city development policy.

Okorocha is now a persona non grata before the people of Owerri. Now Owerri even allege that Okorocha is dismantling and looting what he built in Owerri.

Guy I'm not a liar like you because I don't have time for such. I grew up in Orlu and I know Orlu more than you. I ma ihe e ina ako nwe e nini awu a nne wani.

I made mention of 7 roads then you decided to take 4 just to suit your argument. What of the old owerri road, what of the new Owerri road that runs from Owerri to Orlu which is more than 57km, what of mgbee road that runs from Orlu to Akokwa(ie boundary between imo and anambra) that is more than 40km and all the new roads dualised in Ogboko which is a suburb of Orlu city? He wanted to expand the nkwerre road to nkwerre lga but was objected by nkwerre people who don't want their houses to be demolished, he also wanted to dualised the road that led to holy Trinity cathedral, the seat Bishop of Orlu diocese and build a drainage that run through the community for collection of flood from Orlu city to ogidi valley but was rejected by Umuokpara/Orlu nwaofor people.

Brother, you said that Rochas built a one-city state, but can you give me a past imo governor that gave attention to other imo towns and cities than Rochas? In Orlu alone, he beautified it by expanding all the aforementioned roads, built new stadium, built an event center almost opposite the new stadium, built school of health and nursing technology in Okporo, upgrade Tesac to Imo state polytechnic Orlu campus, upgraded the Imsuth, which you've been shouting of the poor state of the road that leads to it without knowing the present upgrade of the teaching hospital, he built a general hospital beside the new stadium though not fully equipped which I'm expecting Ihedioha to do so, built new markets, dualised a road at back of Udenwa's house though not completed as at last 2yrs just like the ones beside the children park and opposite St. Joseph Catholic Church, the wife built skill acquisition center beside the new stadium and built houses for widows. Rochas built a building materials market still in same area, refurbished the Umuna central school, built the Eastern palm University Ogboko which was meant to be the new Imo state University but was rejected by Owerri people. The records are there for any one to verify.

He created a 20,000 job in Imo state since 2015 which Orlu people benefited like their other folks from other zones of the state. Orlu also benefited from free education.

In Okigwe, he dualised the Okigwe main road which is more than 8km, built a new stadium, built all the adjoining streets, dualised the road that leads to the new stadium, built the imo state University of engineering, Onuimo, the princess hotel under construction and a general hospital.

Other towns of Imo state are not left out like Oguta, Umuka, Mgbidi, Mbaise where he built the Imo state University of agriculture and vetenary medicine and Obowo where he built the Maleysian market.

He completed the blocks for the 27 Imo general hospitals which the incoming governor will equip the ones that have not been equipped.

Imo state does not have that money and this man really did magic in Imo state, so as Igbos I think we should appreciate he irrespective of his party affliction.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 10:59am On Apr 13, 2019
B2mario:

Guy I'm not a liar like you because I don't have time for such. I grew up in Orlu and I know Orlu more than you. I ma ihe e ina ako nwe e nini awu a nne wani.

I made mention of 7 roads then you decided to take 4 just to suit your argument. What of the old owerri road, what of the new Owerri road that runs from Owerri to Orlu which is more than 57km, what of mgbee road that runs from Orlu to Akokwa(ie boundary between imo and anambra) that is more than 40km and all the new roads dualised in Ogboko which is a suburb of Orlu city? He wanted to expand the nkwerre road to nkwerre lga but was objected by nkwerre people who don't want their houses to be demolished, he also wanted to dualised the road that led to holy Trinity cathedral, the seat Bishop of Orlu diocese and build a drainage that run through the community for collection of flood from Orlu city to ogidi valley but was rejected by Umuokpara/Orlu nwaofor people.

Brother, you said that Rochas built a one-city state, but can you give me a past imo governor that gave attention to other imo towns and cities than Rochas? In Orlu alone, he beautified it by expanding all the aforementioned roads, built new stadium, built an event center almost opposite the new stadium, built school of health and nursing technology in Okporo, upgrade Tesac to Imo state polytechnic Orlu campus, upgraded the Imsuth, which you've been shouting of the poor state of the road that leads to it without knowing the present upgrade of the teaching hospital, he built a general hospital beside the new stadium though not fully equipped which I'm expecting Ihedioha to do so, built new markets, dualised a road at back of Udenwa's house though not completed as at last 2yrs just like the ones beside the children park and opposite St. Joseph Catholic Church, the wife built skill acquisition center beside the new stadium and built houses for widows. Rochas built a building materials market still in same area, refurbished the Umuna central school, built the Eastern palm University Ogboko which was meant to be the new Imo state University but was rejected by Owerri people. The records are there for any one to verify.

He created a 20,000 job in Imo state since 2015 which Orlu people benefited like their other folks from other zones of the state. Orlu also benefited from free education.

In Okigwe, he dualised the Okigwe main road which is more than 8km, built a new stadium, built all the adjoining streets, dualised the road that leads to the new stadium, built the imo state University of engineering, Onuimo, the princess hotel under construction and a general hospital.

Other towns of Imo state are not left out like Oguta, Umuka, Mgbidi, Mbaise where he built the Imo state University of agriculture and vetenary medicine and Obowo where he built the Maleysian market.

He completed the blocks for the 27 Imo general hospitals which the incoming governor will equip the ones that have not been equipped.

Imo state does not have that money and this man really did magic in Imo state, so as Igbos I think we should appreciate he irrespective of his party affliction.

Nice one, bro. You seem to have so much energy for that Orlu boy.

That said, people have problems with Rochas for many different reasons. While an overwhelmed majority of Igbos (who are not from Imo State) despise him because he is in APC, they will never admit that. Personally, I don't like Rochas Okorocha because he's a coward who would rather insult his people to be tagged a detribalized Nigerian. A man who is not proud of his identity is a waste of breath and space!

However, the fact that nobody can change, regardless of how much they try, is that no governor has addressed the infrastructural deficit of Imo State since 1999 more than Rochas. He may be stolid and loquacious, but I will never forget the positive things he did.

Now, Ihedioha has to follow in the footsteps of Enugu's Ugwuanyi by taking development to Imo's rural communities. Imo State is far beyond Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MxreR: 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2019
B2mario you are never interested in your dead Abia state, why? i have some pictures of your dead Abia state. Let's discuss
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2019
SoNature:

Nice one, bro. You seem to have so much energy for that Orlu boy.

That said, people have problems with Rochas for many different reasons. While an overwhelmed majority of Igbos (who are not from Imo State) despise him because he is in APC, they will never admit that. Personally, I don't like Rochas Okorocha because he's a coward who would rather insult his people to be tagged a detribalized Nigerian. A man who is not proud of his identity is a waste of breath and space!

However, the fact that nobody can change, regardless of how much they try, is that no governor has addressed the infrastructural deficit of Imo State since 1999 more than Rochas. He may be stolid and loquacious, but I will never forget the positive things he did.

Now, Ihedioha has to follow in the footsteps of Enugu's Ugwuanyi by taking development to Imo's rural communities. Imo State is far beyond Owerri.
Rochas does not have problem as we take it to be, everybody including me has problem but most of Rochas said this and that were doctored to tarnish and hinder his person and political progress. I used to hate him too, but when saw what he impacted in Imo state I grew in love with him.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MxreR: 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2019
Abia state is in a total mess today as the worst state in Nigeria but i have never seen you bothered, and this is the attitude of most Abia people towards their state, they are never interested. And that is the reason failures like Orjis and Ikpeazu are in charge of that backward state.

You will always see other SE states from Anambra to Enugu to Imo to Ebonyi, all discussing how to make further progress but Abia people are indifferent, they are not bothered that Abia is the worst state in Nigeria right. This is the same thing b2mario does here, he tend to know about other states than his dead Abia state.

B2mario let us discuss about the mess called Abia state.

[s]
B2mario:
Rochas does not have problem as we take it to be, everybody including me has problem but most of Rochas said this and that were doctored to tarnish and hinder his person and political progress. I used to hate him too, but when saw what he impacted in Imo state I grew in love with him.
[/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cjrane: 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2019
[s]
nnamdijonathan:

In Dubai, monuments are part of their tourist attractions. You are free to search for "the frame Dubai" on Google. That is an example of monument used as a tourist attraction in Dubai. Anybody who organizes the destruction of those status in Freedom park is a big fool because, destroying the status will not bring back the money used to create them and it will make Freedom park less attractive to tourists. You people should apply wisdom sometimes. Do u how much it will cost to bring down the entire Akachi monument? Haven't you had of a "Town Square" before? If a town square is built around Akachi monument don't u know how beautiful the place will look?
[/s]

Senseless post!

Everywhere in the world, monuments of heroes and notable people who played a positive role in the development of the place are celebrated and are tourist attractions.

Instead of Okorocha making monuments of our heroes, he made monuments of people who played an ignoble role to relegate Igbos as second or third class citizens in a country we gallantly fought for it's independence.

It is an insult to erect statues for us to revere such men who gleefully boasted how they denied Igbos and Igboland of any meaningful development and how he would continue to maltreat them with everything in his power. Those evil statues of oppressive men MUST come down when they leave power. Whether you like it or not!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 3:29pm On Apr 13, 2019
cjrane:
[s][/s]

Senseless post!

Everywhere in the world, monuments of heroes and notable people who played a positive role in the development of the place are celebrated and are tourist attractions.

Instead of Okorocha making monuments of our heroes, he made monuments of people who played an ignoble role to relegate Igbos as second or third class citizens in a country we gallantly fought for it's independence.

It is an insult to erect statues for us to revere such men who gleefully boasted how they denied Igbos and Igboland of any meaningful development and how he would continue to maltreat them with everything in his power. Those evil statues of oppressive men MUST come down when they leave power. Whether you like it or not!
When you become a governor you do things the way you want. Rochas was the person that initiated this idea in Imo state so let him mould whoever he wants for the fact that Odumegwu Ojukwu and Sam Mbakwe are there. The new governor may decide to mould Arthur Nzeribe, Kaduna Nzeogwu or Ozurumba Mbadiwe.

Thank God the idea has been created and all credits should go to Rochas.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
cjrane:
[s][/s]

Senseless post!

You did not differentiate between the status in your previous post. I guess u mean Obasanjo and Buhari's statues lol. When its time, I may even apply to be part of the people to bring down Buhari's status. I was disappointed when I discovered that Obasanjo's status was built there and Buhari's own was underway.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MxreR: 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2019
Mad man what are you saying about your dead Abia state? lol

[s]
B2mario:
When you become a governor you do things the way you want. Rochas was the person that initiated this idea in Imo state so let him mould whoever he wants for the fact that Odumegwu Ojukwu and Sam Mbakwe are there. The new governor may decide to mould Arthur Nzeribe, Kaduna Nzeogwu or Ozurumba Mbadiwe.Thank God the idea has been created and all credit should go to Rochas.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2019
Imo State today beyond destraction

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2019
A lot of development has occurred in recent years

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 7:27pm On Apr 13, 2019
More

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by MxreR: 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
Abagworo aka Imo1stson, why did Okoroawusa decorate the collapsing flyover he hasn't completed yet? cheesy

Okoroawusa obviously failed woefully in his 8 wasted years with nothing to show despite massive debt he incurred.

1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
Around Freedom square

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 7:39pm On Apr 13, 2019
Welcome to Orlu the land of peace

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 7:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
Glowing palm streets

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.