Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2397704 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by McStoic(m): 8:02am On Aug 05, 2020
longayink:

As your Owerri expands and attracts more population from Orlu and Okigwe zones, governments are constrained to build more social infrastructures in Owerri to match the rapidly expanding city.

There shall be little or no funds to provide basic development amenities in Orlu and Okigwe zones. Orlu and Okigwe areas shrink and possibly go to extinction.

Your Nda Ejiogu, Onwuemeodo and “Olu Owerri” knew this fact as they pushed Ohakim and Okorocha to build mega capital city first in Owerri.

Owerri zone has mass education from hosting the tertiary education institutions in Imo state at the exclusion of Orlu and Okigwe zones.

With the mass education, people of Owerri pressure and hoodwink every governor of Imo state to become quasi governor of state capital.
"Pushed Ohakim and Rochas"..You are still repeating the same old idiotic lines. Are you really okay at all My friend if you don't know what to write you log out of nairaland. Do you even realise you are insulting those past governors by making it seem as if they don't have their own mind.

Your hatred for Owerri must be choking you up. Cos I don't understand how Sam Onwuemeodo or whoever you called their had any serious influence in decision making in the past administrations. Even if they were, the governor is the one that was at the head and not them. Stop dwelling on cheap blackmail.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
jamjo:

I have given up because I have come to the conclusion that our people are in love with mediocrity.

Thanks to poverty

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
sanctity454:
Drain construction at Aladinma road

I must commend that works commissioner

He's all over your pictures

He's really trying

However, quality is more important than quantity

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2020
kikake:

Government does not run business. Government does not run industries.

Oil and Gas sectors pay royalties to government.
Government business is provide enabling environment like good roads, security, water supply, electricity, tax incentives, for entrepreneurs to establish businesses that employ labour.

Government is not a feeding bottle.

Please specify the government because the government successfully runs businesses in Saudi Arabia, China, India, etc.

That something does not work in Nigeria (because of our greed, lackadaisical attitude, and affinity to stealing public funds) does not mean that it doesn't work elsewhere in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OreMI22: 5:51am On Aug 06, 2020
AKswift:

IMO AIRPORT COULD BECOME NGERIA'S PREMIER AIR TRAFFICK DESTINATION.

…but facilities standardization is terminal’s undoing

FAAN MD says Imo Airport could become Nigeria's premier air traffic destination

Ben Eguzozie, in Port Harcourt

Rabiu Yadudu, the managing director and chief executive of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), the terminal regulatory body, says the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport (SMICA), otherwise called Imo Airport, Owerri, could conveniently emerge the nation’s premier air traffic destination, going by its all-year round surging passenger traffic.

“The Owerri airport has been maintaining a lead market and traffic for five years now in Nigeria; and that the airport can move to the first or second position in the country if the necessary infrastructure are put in place to make the airport more competitive,” Yadudu said while on a fact-finding visit to visiting the airport.

However, the airport’s biggest undoing are its facilities that are less than required standard. For example, though dreamed up as a cargo airport, yet its cargo operations terminal is yet to be completed after many years. It is still operating with a 2,700-metre (2.7 km) runway, whereas this needs to be increased to a minimum of 3,000 metres (3 km). The runway width is another snag. It currently has a width of 45 metres against a minimum runway width of 60 metres. Meanwhile, the terminal is yet to have a good taxing way as well as attain full perimeter fencing and a water-tight security.

All this Yadudu has asked Governor Hope Uzondimma to help facilitate the completion of the cargo operations terminal by ensuring that the runway length is increased to 3,000 metres (3 km) and 60 metres of width respectively.

Construction of the Imo Airport, near Owerri, began in the early 1980s under late civilian governor, Sam Mbakwe, but operation began in 1994. The state government built the air terminal and handed it over to the federal government to be managed by FAAN.

Meanwhile, Governor Uzodimma has promised to assist the FAAN leadership to get the Owerri airport attain standardisation, to enhance economic activity of the state. He assured FAAN managing director he had always believed that the aviation sector must be encouraged to be run professionally, noting that as former chairman of the senate committee on aviation, he was key to the development of a roadmap on the reform of the aviation industry.

“I have always believed that FAAN must be encouraged to run the sector professionally. The industry is not what people think in terms of funding, the reason for government intervention,” Uzodimma said, adding that many people think that a good airport is having good terminal building, but it goes beyond stressing that. “The issue of runway, perimeter fencing, aircraft parking lot, taxing way, security and insurance are indices that those who frequently fly take into consideration before buying ticket.

The Imo governor said the Sam Mbakwe cargo airport was commercially viable, and attracts traffic, and has the potentials of doing better if more attention was paid in standardising the existing infrastructure, including the insurance policy around the airport. He said since FAAN subscribes to membership of all world bodies, and was committed to submitting to the ethics of the industry in line with global practices, the leadership should also hope to reap the benefit.

Uzodimma told Yadudu that he was much willing to get the airport fully off the ground in terms of facilities standardization and upgrade. “We both have job to do,” he said, urging the FAAN boss to oblige him with the status report on the cargo airport that ought to define where the place is now in terms of what has been done; so that he can be properly guided.

“You have a willing partner. We have to just succeed,” the governor said, adding that visible and invisible partnership with government was key to survival of airports.

He regretted that it has become very difficult for the aviation sector to survive today, noting that post Covid-19 flying requires strategic thinking and that all hands must be on deck to pull out of the wools.

The FAAN boss appealed to the Governor to help facilitate the completion of the cargo operations terminal by ensuring that the runway length was increased from its current 2,700 metres and width 45 metres, to 3,000 metres of length of 60 metres of width.

Yadudu said, Governor Uzodinma by assisting FAAN to bring the runway, taxing way, parking bay, and other challenges like security at the Sam Mbakwe Airport to standard, chances were the airport will become Nigeria number 1 or 2 in passenger traffic; and the implication will be increased revenue, more employment opportunities for the people, more economic activities and better national and international recognition for the airport and the host state.

Believe Nigerian politicians when they ‘do’ or complete a project with its required standard and specifications, not when they say ‘ l will do it’...

This is another trick by ab0kis to close down Owerri airport indefinitely as they did in Enugu. Their next target is to find an excuse to also close Asaba airport to make sure nobody can fly anywhere near the southeast!

SMICA is a federal airport where FAAN collects all revenue. So why must Imo state government be the one to fund infrastructure upgrade at the airport? If this were Kaduna or Sokoto airports, they won't even remember that there are state governors in Kaduna or Sokoto, they will quietly fund the upgrade through the FAAN, even when those airports generate next to nothing as a result of being dormant.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by longayink: 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
McStoic:

"Pushed Ohakim and Rochas"..You are still repeating the same old idiotic lines. Are you really okay at all My friend if you don't know what to write you log out of nairaland. Do you even realise you are insulting those past governors by making it seem as if they don't have their own mind.

Yo[b]ur hatred for Owerri must be choking you up. Cos I don't[/b] understand how Sam Onwuemeodo or whoever you called their had any serious influence in decision making in the past administrations. Even if they were, the governor is the one that was at the head and not them. Stop dwelling on cheap blackmail.

Ref: In bold;

If me and other people from Orlu area watch or cause FUTO, FERCOLAT, POLYTECHNICNEKEDE, IMSU, AIFCE located all in Orlu area, no consideration for Owerri and Okigwe areas,
I and the others from Orlu causing or watching the locations must be hate-filled people against people in Owerri and Okigwe areas of Imo state.

Owerri has fought every government which tried to remove IMSU from Owerri to another zone which has nothing.

If you are not a buffoon, explain which group hates others in Imo state.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2020
Assa north gas plant site at early stage of construction

9 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2020
Sunset at Walter smith refinery ohaji

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2020
sanctity454:
Assa north gas plant site at early stage of construction
they are still at this level?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2020
asha80:
They gone past this level for sure.
Also the proposed NNPC condensate refinery will be sited in IMO state according to the MD of Nnpc during his speech while performing the ground breaking ceremony for the nnpc hospital in orlu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2020
asha80:

My brother, I left Imo state few days back, THERE IS POVERTY IN THE LAND

I don't know what could be causing it, but I found out most people in areas I visited are suffering more now than before. Many of the youths in rural areas are now moving towards yahoo. Funny enough, they don't even know how it operates.

The roads are terrible in all the local governments along Umuahia road. Seems Emekuku has the worst of bad roads. The road leading from Eke Emekuku down to Orji (I believe) is one of the worst roads I ever travelled... All the way to Deffany homes and beyond

Mehn, "Local man cannot can"... The markets are filled with dirts and filth, no drainage system AT ALL. Majority of the local governments in Mbaise don't have light not to talk of network. Our people are suffering

Please, note that I didn't enter Orlu, Okigwe or Owerri town, so the story might be different in these areas

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I don't know what could be causing it, but I found out most people in areas I visited are suffering more now than before. Many of the youths in rural areas are now moving towards yahoo. Funny enough, they don't even know how it operates.

The roads are terrible in all the local governments along Umuahia road. Seems Emekuku has the worst of bad roads. The road leading from Eke Emekuku down to Orji (I believe) is one of the worst roads I ever travelled... All the way to Deffany homes and beyond

Mehn, "Local man cannot can"... The markets are filled with dirts and filth, no drainage system AT ALL. Majority of the local governments in Mbaise don't have light not to talk of network. Our people are suffering

Please, note that I didn't enter Orlu, Okigwe or Owerri town, so the story might be different in these areas
which part of mbaise did you go to?

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
On spot assessment of Victoria farms owned by Chief Tony Chukwu located at obike Ngor okpala
Abagworo Victoria farm video did justice to farm though

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2020
More from the farm, chief Tony chukwu has done noble

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2020
seankafor:
which part of mbaise did you go to?

Not trying to sound like a broken record but I visited areas in Ahiazu and Aboh Mbaise; Ogbe, Otulu through to Aguneze and Obowo... Then stayed a little in Ekwerazu, Umuokrika through to Nguru. Although not in Mbaise, I finally lodged somewhere in Emekuku for some days before leaving, SIR

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:09pm On Aug 07, 2020
sanctity454:
On spot assessment of Victoria farms owned by Chief Tony Chukwu located at obike Ngor okpala
Abagworo Victoria farm video did justice to farm though

I heard about this farm. Great work to the initiator. Please where can I find the video?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I heard about this farm. Great work to the initiator. Please where can I find the video?

The video is on this thread check Abagworo posts
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2020
Innoson Motors Set To Open Factory In Imo
By Watchdog Newspaper -August 5, 20200

Delegation of ISIPA led by the Director General, Dr. Jude Nzeako on a courtesy call to Chief Innocent Chukwuma, Chairman of Innoson Group, recently.
Spread the love

– As ISIPA DG promises enabling environment

By Martin Nwoko

The Chairman of Innoson Group, the producers and manufacturers of the foremost Nigerian made Innoson vehicles in Nnewi, Anambra State, Chief Innocent Chukwuma (OFR), has expressed readiness to commence work at its Imo State factory site located at Naze in Owerri North LGA, which was allocated the company by the Imo State government anytime soon.

Chief Innocent Chukwuma disclosed this at his country home in Nnewi shortly after receiving delegation from Imo State Investment Promotion Agency (ISIPA) led by its Director General, Dr Jude Nzeako, who came to find out ways its agency (ISIPA) can assist the foremost car manufacturer in Nigeria to set up its factory in the state to boost the economy of the state and as well encourage local content in the country.

Speaking while receiving the Jude Nzeako led ISIPA, the Chairman Innoson Group, reiterated that Imo State is indeed lucky to have Senator Hope Uzodinma as the Governor at such a time, adding that, Uzodinma is a man who believes in the well being of others and that the visit of ISIPA to his factory showcases how well the government means.

He expressed satisfaction with the visit and posited that Imo State is in dire need of industries to improve its economy and that his company has since resolved to locate one of its factories in the state, having seen that the current Governor of the State believes so much in local content which made it to purchase vehicles in large numbers for government functionaries immediately it came into office.

Chukwuma called on the Uzodinma led administration through the office of Director General of Imo State Investment Promotion Agency (ISIPA) to resolve all issues surrounding the site allocated to his company to enable him establish the factory, as soon as possible to enable them start work immediately.

Responding, the Director General of Imo State Investment Promotion Agency (ISIPA) Dr Jude Nzeako, thanked Chief Innocent Chukwuma for his unwavering interest to partner with the Imo State Government to industrialize the State as quickly as possible.

He assured that his agency will be willing to lend it’s hands and enter into partnership with Innoson Motors, so as to realize the dream of getting the proposed Owerri car manufacturing industry accomplished.

Nzeako promised on behalf of the state government to provide the required enabling environment for the company and other intending industries to thrive.

He further commended the Chairman of Innoson Group for doing the entire South East and the entire nation proud maintaining that there is every need to encourage local content as been displayed by Innoson Group.

He called on other investors all over the world and more especially Igbo sons and daughters to come to Imo State and invest as the present administration in the state is ready to support their businesses to thrive in Imo State.

Spread the love

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Javierleon(m): 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
kudos to innosson, I hope they start adopting breathing designs

orlu would've be perfect for this factory because of proximity to onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2020
Crystal lake resort is expanding into beech resort
IMO wins
Please where's my friend arinzekonye

8 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 12:46am On Aug 09, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Liar, how's your own state and local government?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 12:51am On Aug 09, 2020
Owerri[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 09, 2020
Marking of Assumpta -pH road

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
Can't they cover up the gutters?

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
Update on shop rite road by chukwuma Nwoha

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
Update on Dick tiger road opposite owerri mall

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
Dick tiger underground drain system, I suggest that this should replicated at works layout

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
Naze to Emmanuel college round about, I pray that ihiagwa road should also be fast tracked.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:56am On Aug 10, 2020
[quote author=sanctity454 post=92635381]Update on shop rite road by chukwuma Nwoha [/quo

Thank God they finally attended to this road. Must cost quite a lot because of the BIG ditch/hole at the end of the road. I really wonder which construction company worked on it previously.

This road will make it easier to connect Mbaise road from MCC, rather then going through the junction and then fire service

Kudos again for this
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:58am On Aug 10, 2020
sanctity454:
Naze to Emmanuel college round about, I pray that ihiagwa road should also be fast tracked.

Please, any info on that Poly/Nekede road? It was even on front page few days back
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 10, 2020
Incredibleme:
Can't they cover up the gutters?
I wish they did, these open drains is not pleasant to the eyes at all.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 10, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, any info on that Poly/Nekede road? It was even on front page few days back
Not yet dede

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.