Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,852 members, 7,828,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2411400 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (1021) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 6:30am On Jul 28, 2020
asha80:
Hope uzodinma certainly going the way of rochas ..portharcourt road just near owerri girls that has supposedly been reconstructed just under two months now undergoing maintainance

There is nothing wrong in road maintenance. If the intensity of the road maintenance is very high and regular, I say it is in good direction.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 6:39am On Jul 28, 2020
sanctity454:

The problem I guess is opening the road soon after the asphalt was laid,
didn't give the asphalt time to cure, which caused some portion to depress when heavy vehicles ply on it, it's a small engineering problem.

Not true bro!!!! In developed countries, roads are plied while the asphalting is still going. A lane is opened immediately completed while the next lane is asphalted. The problem I saw from the picture of the post is adequate compaction or lack thereof. Solid road compaction process starts when the laterite is poured and onward to asphalting of the road.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 7:51am On Jul 28, 2020
Anyannwu is involved

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 28, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

My brother, I agree with Dedetwo. Our people ain't as stubborn as Lagosians.

Let the governor establish a KICK AGAINST INDISCIPLINE (KAI) unit. This unit will be responsible for going round markets and major roads ensuring that no one encroaches on the road or places their wares on pedestrian walkways. Defaulters will have their wares seized instantly.

You'll see sanity return IMMEDIATELY to all the "messed up" areas of the state.

Imo state should also establish a waste management company. Private citizens can be allowed to invest in it by supplying compactors. This private trucks will be given streets to cover. They'll visit these streets once/twice a week to cart away wastes.

Houses will be supplied with big black waste bags into which their wastes will be put, tied when full and placed in front of their houses. Bills will be charged for such and the truck owners take some percentage of the money accrued from their designated streets as profit and also to pay workers and for repair, while government takes a little percentage.

That way, all the issue of dirts currently being witnessed in different areas of Imo state will be a thing of the past.

NB: During this my fee days spent in Imo state, I have realised that aside some parts of the state capital, 97% of other areas of Imo state don't have drainage systems. Any reason for such?
Nice postulation, the current administration has established a waste management agency, whom is introducing house to house waste collection, but I believe the waste management should be privatized as you opined
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Javierleon(m): 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2020
i weep for imo state
when newly constructed roads that have not been commissioned yet are opening pot holes
image world bank road, douglas, and ph road by december

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2020
New Victoria farms Owerri. One of the largest poultry farms in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM3CWA3WlZQ

8 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
Abagworo:

Beautiful investment, in the end IMO state wins.
Abagworo na your Akuruo ulo be this?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2020
Abagworo:

nothing shows that this is in Owerri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rdokoye: 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
asha80:
nothing shows that this is in Owerri

On the 25th second it says the location, Owerri, Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2020
rdokoye:

On the 25th second it says the location, Owerri, Nigeria.
thanks watched it again and saw it
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2020
asha80:
thanks watched it again and saw it
I believe the farm is located at Ngor okpala
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maduawuchukwu(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2020
Abagworo:

This is good. I like it. Ka Chineke Meziokwu

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
IMO AIRPORT COULD BECOME NGERIA'S PREMIER AIR TRAFFICK DESTINATION.

…but facilities standardization is terminal’s undoing

FAAN MD says Imo Airport could become Nigeria's premier air traffic destination

Ben Eguzozie, in Port Harcourt

Rabiu Yadudu, the managing director and chief executive of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), the terminal regulatory body, says the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport (SMICA), otherwise called Imo Airport, Owerri, could conveniently emerge the nation’s premier air traffic destination, going by its all-year round surging passenger traffic.

“The Owerri airport has been maintaining a lead market and traffic for five years now in Nigeria; and that the airport can move to the first or second position in the country if the necessary infrastructure are put in place to make the airport more competitive,” Yadudu said while on a fact-finding visit to visiting the airport.

However, the airport’s biggest undoing are its facilities that are less than required standard. For example, though dreamed up as a cargo airport, yet its cargo operations terminal is yet to be completed after many years. It is still operating with a 2,700-metre (2.7 km) runway, whereas this needs to be increased to a minimum of 3,000 metres (3 km). The runway width is another snag. It currently has a width of 45 metres against a minimum runway width of 60 metres. Meanwhile, the terminal is yet to have a good taxing way as well as attain full perimeter fencing and a water-tight security.

All this Yadudu has asked Governor Hope Uzondimma to help facilitate the completion of the cargo operations terminal by ensuring that the runway length is increased to 3,000 metres (3 km) and 60 metres of width respectively.

Construction of the Imo Airport, near Owerri, began in the early 1980s under late civilian governor, Sam Mbakwe, but operation began in 1994. The state government built the air terminal and handed it over to the federal government to be managed by FAAN.

Meanwhile, Governor Uzodimma has promised to assist the FAAN leadership to get the Owerri airport attain standardisation, to enhance economic activity of the state. He assured FAAN managing director he had always believed that the aviation sector must be encouraged to be run professionally, noting that as former chairman of the senate committee on aviation, he was key to the development of a roadmap on the reform of the aviation industry.

“I have always believed that FAAN must be encouraged to run the sector professionally. The industry is not what people think in terms of funding, the reason for government intervention,” Uzodimma said, adding that many people think that a good airport is having good terminal building, but it goes beyond stressing that. “The issue of runway, perimeter fencing, aircraft parking lot, taxing way, security and insurance are indices that those who frequently fly take into consideration before buying ticket.

The Imo governor said the Sam Mbakwe cargo airport was commercially viable, and attracts traffic, and has the potentials of doing better if more attention was paid in standardising the existing infrastructure, including the insurance policy around the airport. He said since FAAN subscribes to membership of all world bodies, and was committed to submitting to the ethics of the industry in line with global practices, the leadership should also hope to reap the benefit.

Uzodimma told Yadudu that he was much willing to get the airport fully off the ground in terms of facilities standardization and upgrade. “We both have job to do,” he said, urging the FAAN boss to oblige him with the status report on the cargo airport that ought to define where the place is now in terms of what has been done; so that he can be properly guided.

“You have a willing partner. We have to just succeed,” the governor said, adding that visible and invisible partnership with government was key to survival of airports.

He regretted that it has become very difficult for the aviation sector to survive today, noting that post Covid-19 flying requires strategic thinking and that all hands must be on deck to pull out of the wools.

The FAAN boss appealed to the Governor to help facilitate the completion of the cargo operations terminal by ensuring that the runway length was increased from its current 2,700 metres and width 45 metres, to 3,000 metres of length of 60 metres of width.

Yadudu said, Governor Uzodinma by assisting FAAN to bring the runway, taxing way, parking bay, and other challenges like security at the Sam Mbakwe Airport to standard, chances were the airport will become Nigeria number 1 or 2 in passenger traffic; and the implication will be increased revenue, more employment opportunities for the people, more economic activities and better national and international recognition for the airport and the host state.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2020
Waltersmith refinery phase 1 is 100% complete waiting for the phase two which will increase the capacity from 5000BPD to 25000BPD including a power plant and an industrial park. That man from Kwara has done noble.

8 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AKswift: 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
ScotMisile:
IMO AIRPORT COULD BECOME NGERIA'S PREMIER AIR TRAFFICK DESTINATION.

…but facilities standardization is terminal’s undoing

FAAN MD says Imo Airport could become Nigeria's premier air traffic destination

Ben Eguzozie, in Port Harcourt

Rabiu Yadudu, the managing director and chief executive of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), the terminal regulatory body, says the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport (SMICA), otherwise called Imo Airport, Owerri, could conveniently emerge the nation’s premier air traffic destination, going by its all-year round surging passenger traffic.

“The Owerri airport has been maintaining a lead market and traffic for five years now in Nigeria; and that the airport can move to the first or second position in the country if the necessary infrastructure are put in place to make the airport more competitive,” Yadudu said while on a fact-finding visit to visiting the airport.

However, the airport’s biggest undoing are its facilities that are less than required standard. For example, though dreamed up as a cargo airport, yet its cargo operations terminal is yet to be completed after many years. It is still operating with a 2,700-metre (2.7 km) runway, whereas this needs to be increased to a minimum of 3,000 metres (3 km). The runway width is another snag. It currently has a width of 45 metres against a minimum runway width of 60 metres. Meanwhile, the terminal is yet to have a good taxing way as well as attain full perimeter fencing and a water-tight security.

All this Yadudu has asked Governor Hope Uzondimma to help facilitate the completion of the cargo operations terminal by ensuring that the runway length is increased to 3,000 metres (3 km) and 60 metres of width respectively.

Construction of the Imo Airport, near Owerri, began in the early 1980s under late civilian governor, Sam Mbakwe, but operation began in 1994. The state government built the air terminal and handed it over to the federal government to be managed by FAAN.

Meanwhile, Governor Uzodimma has promised to assist the FAAN leadership to get the Owerri airport attain standardisation, to enhance economic activity of the state. He assured FAAN managing director he had always believed that the aviation sector must be encouraged to be run professionally, noting that as former chairman of the senate committee on aviation, he was key to the development of a roadmap on the reform of the aviation industry.

“I have always believed that FAAN must be encouraged to run the sector professionally. The industry is not what people think in terms of funding, the reason for government intervention,” Uzodimma said, adding that many people think that a good airport is having good terminal building, but it goes beyond stressing that. “The issue of runway, perimeter fencing, aircraft parking lot, taxing way, security and insurance are indices that those who frequently fly take into consideration before buying ticket.

The Imo governor said the Sam Mbakwe cargo airport was commercially viable, and attracts traffic, and has the potentials of doing better if more attention was paid in standardising the existing infrastructure, including the insurance policy around the airport. He said since FAAN subscribes to membership of all world bodies, and was committed to submitting to the ethics of the industry in line with global practices, the leadership should also hope to reap the benefit.

Uzodimma told Yadudu that he was much willing to get the airport fully off the ground in terms of facilities standardization and upgrade. “We both have job to do,” he said, urging the FAAN boss to oblige him with the status report on the cargo airport that ought to define where the place is now in terms of what has been done; so that he can be properly guided.

“You have a willing partner. We have to just succeed,” the governor said, adding that visible and invisible partnership with government was key to survival of airports.

He regretted that it has become very difficult for the aviation sector to survive today, noting that post Covid-19 flying requires strategic thinking and that all hands must be on deck to pull out of the wools.

The FAAN boss appealed to the Governor to help facilitate the completion of the cargo operations terminal by ensuring that the runway length was increased from its current 2,700 metres and width 45 metres, to 3,000 metres of length of 60 metres of width.

Yadudu said, Governor Uzodinma by assisting FAAN to bring the runway, taxing way, parking bay, and other challenges like security at the Sam Mbakwe Airport to standard, chances were the airport will become Nigeria number 1 or 2 in passenger traffic; and the implication will be increased revenue, more employment opportunities for the people, more economic activities and better national and international recognition for the airport and the host state.

Believe Nigerian politicians when they ‘do’ or complete a project with its required standard and specifications, not when they say ‘ l will do it’......

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2020
Abagworo:

This is splendid I must say,
Big Dutchman is too good in agribusiness,
They helped to facilitate the equipping of olams in Kaduna,they equally spearheaded that of lynden farms in anambra,

They're too good,
The state government should consider partnering them for the rescusitation of avutu paultry farm in obowo

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jamjo: 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mensamusa:

This is splendid I must say,
Big Dutchman is too good in agribusiness,
They helped to facilitate the equipping of olams in Kaduna,they equally spearheaded that of lynden farms in anambra,

They're too good,
The state government should consider partnering them for the rescusitation of avutu paultry farm in obowo

I hope and wish they add hatchery to it a poultry farm, a farm of this magnitude need to have their own hatchery.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2020
jamjo:

I hope and wish they add hatchery to it a poultry farm, a farm of this magnitude need to have their own hatchery.

Certainly.

Jamjo, I hope you beginning to get impressed with the architectural renaissance in owerri and other eastern,Nigerian cities

For instance,the cascading structured masterpiece is nearing completion.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2020
In a way it's got resemblance with the protea hotel in Accra and four points by Sheraton in Lagos,

Some see it as wings of of a bird, some see it as a stair case,

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jamjo: 7:45pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mensamusa:

Certainly.

Jamjo, I hope you beginning to get impressed with the architectural renaissance in owerri and other eastern,Nigerian cities

My Brother I appreciate good things and I hope to see it continue.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
✨ IMO NEWS

The CEO Of Masters Energy Oil And Gas And The Current Minister Of State For Solid Minerals As Steel Development , Dr. Uche Ogah Set To Revitalize Moribund Topaza Burn Bricks Industry Okigwe, Imo State Which He Acquired In 2012, As A Modernized Machines Are To Be Installed For Maximum Production Of Burn Bricks ....

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mensamusa:

Certainly.

Mr Emenike of tummy tummy group is seriously investing back home, I await his proposed noodles plant at Onitsha road Owerri

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2020
sanctity454:

Mr Emenike of tummy tummy group is seriously investing back home, I await his proposed noodles plant at Onitsha road Owerri

Nice there,any scoop on his proposed hospitality stuff ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mensamusa:

Nice there,any scoop on his proposed hospitality stuff ?
He's the owner of the building you posted, though I heard he sold it and started a different hotel edifice, the news is still unverified for now.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2020
sanctity454:

He's the owner of the building you posted, though I heard he sold it and started a different hotel edifice, the news is still unverified for now.

Nice,
This is what unity and togetherness can achieve,
See what we do individually,imagine what we can achieve collectively,

When we put hands together,we become poised to achieve more,thats why two positive heads would always be better than one,

We need each other, I need you to raise me up when l am down, and I need you to help me mend my broken wings ,so we can soar together high in the skies,

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 8:07am On Aug 02, 2020
…Govt to partner Japan on infrastructure development

Uzodimma revives Imo oil company, raises share capital to N10b.

Enyeribe Ejiogu and George Onyejiuwa

To position Imo to play a meaningful role in the Oil and Gas Industry, Governor Hope Uzodimma has increased the share capital of the Imo State Petroleum Development Company (ISPDC) to N10 billion from the previous figure of N100 million.

Special Adviser to the Governor and Coordinator, Oil and Gas, Hon. Goodluck Nanah Opiah, disclosed this at the weekend to journalists in Owerri, and assured that the move would lead to massive job creation for youths in the state.

Opiah said that the oil and gas company partnered with Oak Company, based in the United States of America, for the establishment of a refinery in Ohaji/Egbema Local Government Area during the administration of former Governor Ikedi Ohakim.

Opiah noted that the deal could not sail through partly because of the restiveness in the Niger Delta region at the time, which forced the American government to place travel restrictions to the Niger Delta region, compelling the Oak Company to pull out.

He said that the revived company, in addition to prospecting for oil and gas, would establish a modular refinery and produce other petrochemical products.

In a related development, Governor Uzodimma has reiterated his eagerness to achieve growth and sustainable development in the state, saying that he is in a hurry to develop the state.

Governor Uzodimma made this declaration through his Special Adviser and Abuja Liaison Officer, Dr. Jimmy Imo, who paid a courtesy visit to the Country Representative of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA, Okumara Makiko, in Abuja.

In his remarks, Imo extended the invitation of the government to Japan, to invest in the infrastructural development of the state, particularly in the areas of erosion control, agriculture, health and rural electrification.

He said: “ODA Grants given by Japan represent the kind of financial assistance that would support construction work or services in the state which include procuring equipment and materials from Japan that are necessary for socioeconomic development.”

In her response, Makiko expressed her delight at the visit and the willingness of JICA and Japan to associate with the state government, saying, “More than ever before, JICA will focus on scientific perspectives to realise universal health coverage through building resilient and flexible health systems in developing countries by effectively combining the schemes of technical cooperation, ODA loans and grant aid. JICA will support Imo State in realizing human security and achieving the MDGs, as well as providing basic infrastructure for sustainable economic growth that is balanced.”

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
ScotMisile:
…Govt to partner Japan on infrastructure development

Uzodimma revives Imo oil company, raises share capital to N10b.

Enyeribe Ejiogu and George Onyejiuwa

To position Imo to play a meaningful role in the Oil and Gas Industry, Governor Hope Uzodimma has increased the share capital of the Imo State Petroleum Development Company (ISPDC) to N10 billion from the previous figure of N100 million.

Special Adviser to the Governor and Coordinator, Oil and Gas, Hon. Goodluck Nanah Opiah, disclosed this at the weekend to journalists in Owerri, and assured that the move would lead to massive job creation for youths in the state.

Opiah said that the oil and gas company partnered with Oak Company, based in the United States of America, for the establishment of a refinery in Ohaji/Egbema Local Government Area during the administration of former Governor Ikedi Ohakim.

Opiah noted that the deal could not sail through partly because of the restiveness in the Niger Delta region at the time, which forced the American government to place travel restrictions to the Niger Delta region, compelling the Oak Company to pull out.

He said that the revived company, in addition to prospecting for oil and gas, would establish a modular refinery and produce other petrochemical products.

In a related development, Governor Uzodimma has reiterated his eagerness to achieve growth and sustainable development in the state, saying that he is in a hurry to develop the state.

Governor Uzodimma made this declaration through his Special Adviser and Abuja Liaison Officer, Dr. Jimmy Imo, who paid a courtesy visit to the Country Representative of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA, Okumara Makiko, in Abuja.

In his remarks, Imo extended the invitation of the government to Japan, to invest in the infrastructural development of the state, particularly in the areas of erosion control, agriculture, health and rural electrification.

He said: “ODA Grants given by Japan represent the kind of financial assistance that would support construction work or services in the state which include procuring equipment and materials from Japan that are necessary for socioeconomic development.”

In her response, Makiko expressed her delight at the visit and the willingness of JICA and Japan to associate with the state government, saying, “More than ever before, JICA will focus on scientific perspectives to realise universal health coverage through building resilient and flexible health systems in developing countries by effectively combining the schemes of technical cooperation, ODA loans and grant aid. JICA will support Imo State in realizing human security and achieving the MDGs, as well as providing basic infrastructure for sustainable economic growth that is balanced.”

This is a wrong decision which Uzodinma should avoid like Covid-19 except he will be involved in the fraud. Government has no business running business but rather support private investors to succeed. Like NNPC like ISPDC

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2020
Abagworo:

This is a wrong decision which Uzodinma should avoid like Covid-19 except he will be involved in the fraud. Government has no business running business but rather support private investors to succeed. Like NNPC like ISPDC
Except you are stereotypical of seeing government's involvement in business as fraud,it's not altogether a bad idea for Imo State to get major benefits of the oil and gas sectors.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2020
Chec has lost the contract of Emmanuel college round about to Naze junction to another company due to non performance of the job

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
I heard chec will also loose the ihiagwa -futo road for the same reason.
More from the Naze site

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 1:25am On Aug 04, 2020
ScotMisile:

Except you are stereotypical of seeing government's involvement in business as fraud,it's not altogether a bad idea for Imo State to get major benefits of the oil and gas sectors.

Government does not run business. Government does not run industries.

Oil and Gas sectors pay royalties to government.
Government business is provide enabling environment like good roads, security, water supply, electricity, tax incentives, for entrepreneurs to establish businesses that employ labour.

Government is not a feeding bottle.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eseosa85: 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
#obaseki4edo2020
#Obaseki2020
#VoteGodwinObaseki
#ggoproject
#MakeEdogreatagain
#LetsGOFurtherTogether
#ForwardEverBackwardNever
#Edo
#VotePDP
#VoteWisely

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (1021) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.