Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:33 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2489606 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (1038) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BKayy: 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
Afam4eva:
Why does it look like a hotel?
So that some girls can feel at home.

Lol, make una no mind me oh
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by hedonister: 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
I actually paid a visit to the Eastern Palm University about 2 years ago when it was just newly built and I captured the school on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xRVU6K3wFI

I went there about a year later and i could see that it was already depreciating. I wonder how it is now.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 18, 2021
Underground drain system has reached Egbu road

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 18, 2021
Rings road which includes ihechiuwa, okenze , and Golden child road has been awarded. It reduce traffic on Relief market road, mcc road and Egbu road

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
Asphalting operation continues on Naze -poly -ihiagwa-futo road

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ahamefuna0001(m): 11:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
Is it that state government doesn't have control over military operations in one's state? What's Uzodinma doing about the Military Air strike in Orlu?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Javierleon(m): 1:58am On Feb 19, 2021
Dick tiger road

What is with open drainage

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by jamjo: 2:17am On Feb 19, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:
Is it that state government doesn't have control over military operations in one's state? What's Uzodinma doing about the Military Air strike in Orlu?

So you don't know he has the monkey hand in the whole operation that was why he refused to mention (ESN OR IPOB) by name, all of sudden the word militia became the keyword from our supreme court governor.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 7:19am On Feb 19, 2021
Na so e dey start

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:
Military operation is not happening in orlu but in lily and iseke in orsu lga. The governor authorised the operation to rooted out ESN camps there.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2021
Afam4eva:

H��T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eomQ26OhRhc
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ahamefuna0001(m): 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2021
sanctity454:

Military operation is not happening in orlu but in lily and iseke in orsu lga. The governor authorised the operation to rooted out ESN camps there.

Then that's a stupid decision, why authorise such operation when you know our Military has a history of been undiplomatic. Does he want to gamble with the lives and properties of the innocent civilians? How many Northern governors have authorised Military to go root out bandits who has been killing, maiming and abducting people?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2021
sanctity454:
Asphalting operation continues on Naze -poly -ihiagwa-futo road
thickness of asphalt seems reduced
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 20, 2021
Afam4eva:

EL � HIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KE4KnKgvOc
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NEWSREPORT: 9:55am On Feb 20, 2021
Governor Hope Uzodimma is set to demolish estates built and own by former governor Okorocha. The said estate was said to have been built on water channels in Owerri Imo state. Imo state government panel in their wisdom recommended total demolition of the estate to save the water channels and environment.

Well, just like many projects of Okorocha, environment impact assessment was never considered. He jumps into any project without first thinking about EIA. That may equally be the reason most of the projects he built are either substandard or unusable, a good example is Owerri tunnel which was recently demolished by Gov Uzodimma and the flyover bridge which has remained unused till date due to poor quality project delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEiDn3a_PdI
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:38am On Feb 20, 2021
NEWSREPORT:
Governor Hope Uzodimma is set to demolish estates built and own by former governor Okorocha. The said estate was said to have been built on water channels in Owerri Imo state. Imo state government panel in their wisdom recommended total demolition of the estate to save the water channels and environment.

Well, just like many projects of Okorocha, environment impact assessment was never considered. He jumps into any project without first thinking about EIA. That may equally be the reason most of the projects he built are either substandard or unusable, a good example is Owerri tunnel which was recently demolished by Gov Uzodimma and the flyover bridge which has remained unused till date due to poor quality project delivery.

So this is how this beautiful structures that give Owerri a good look will go down due to unguided politics. May God help us.

I don't blame state governors that are not working. This has shown that someone's effort can be destroyed in a twinkle of an eye. Owerri youths should not allow this demolition to be executed. Let them protect it the way they protected Akachi tower.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:53am On Feb 20, 2021
B2mario:

So this is how this beautiful structures that give Owerri a good look will go down due to unguided politics. May God help us.

I don't blame state governors that are not working. This has shown that someone's effort can be destroyed in a twinkle of an eye. Owerri youths should not allow this demolition to be executed. Let them protect it the way they protected Akachi tower.
unfortunately I doubt owerri youths will do anything to protect it and hope is actually a bit of a thug so if he decides those structures will go trust me they will go down..didn't he demolish one hospital like that somto? Also unfortunately rochas being the crass person he his went and built those structures on water ways
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Jman24(m): 11:16am On Feb 20, 2021
asha80:
unfortunately I doubt owerri youths will do anything to protect it and hope is actually a bit of a thug so if he decides those structures will go trust me they will go down..didn't he demolish one hospital like that somto? Also unfortunately rochas being the crass person he his went and built those structures on water ways

you can't build on water ways?
It depends on the topography. The building is on a higher topography.
What you should question is the integrity of the foundation.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BastardWike: 11:54am On Feb 20, 2021
asha80:

Don't be gullible!
That rubbish they're saying is just calling a dog a bad name so they can conveniently hang it.

This is nothing but primitive politics of victimization and nothing more. I am not a fan of Rochas (my previous posts would prove that) but we currently have a madman occupying Douglas House.

Only a madman will look at such massive investment in his state and imagine how to demolish it. Other reasonable governors are going all out to bring in investors that will build such estates to help the local economy but this bastard appology of a governor came out openly to threaten he will demolish it.

If he succeeds in demolishing that estate without being stopped, then I will be fully convinced that both Imo State, Nigeria and the black race are totally cursed!

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2021
BastardWike:

Don't be gullible!
That rubbish they're saying is just calling a dog a bad name so they can conveniently hang it.

This is nothing but primitive politics of victimization and nothing more. I am not a fan of Rochas (my previous posts would prove that) but we currently have a madman occupying Douglas House.

Only a madman will look at such massive investment in his state and imagine how to demolish it. Other reasonable governors are going all out to bring in investors that will build such estates to help the local economy but this bastard appology of a governor came out openly to threaten he will demolish it.

If he succeeds in demolishing that estate without being stopped, then I will be fully convinced that both Imo State, Nigeria and the black race are totally cursed!
hope you know it was ihedioha that actually set up that panel not hope? This was their recommendation and to be honest knowing how ihedioha felt about rochas you think similar decisions wouldn't have been reached?

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 12:14pm On Feb 20, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:

Then that's a stupid decision, why authorise such operation when you know our Military has a history of been undiplomatic. Does he want to gamble with the lives and properties of the innocent civilians? How many Northern governors gave authorised Military to go root out bandits who has been killing, maiming and abducting people?

Don't disturb yourself. That man knows that Imo State people don't like him. He was imposed on the people. Funnily enough, he doesn't even make any effort for the people to like him.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BastardWike: 12:15pm On Feb 20, 2021
NEWSREPORT:

I don't know who paid you to be doing this shameful hatchet job, but it's not too late to retrace your steps now! Don't because of chicken change you decide to sell your conscience to the highest bidder.

Which water channel was the estate built on? Do you even know what it means to build an estate on a water channel i.e. a river shocked shocked I know that estate very well and I also know a river nearby (a drone picture will show it clearly) BOTH THE RIVER AND ESTATE EXIST SIDE BY SIDE.

If you're from Imo State or even an Igbo man and you support this madness that will set us back, then shame on you!

Somto Hospital was built to replace the old market that was causing serious traffic congestion on Douglas road, and the market moved to Naze (a very good idea that would have helped to decongest the city centre) but it was demolished under the guise of poor building plan/integrity of structure. Now, a progressive minded governor who is passionate about developing his state would either look for ways to reconstruct it or rebuild it, but what did he do? He demolished it completely and started building lock up stores that are so close to the road!!

Any normal human being in Owerri already knows that a market shouldn't be built there at all but you will still see people, even supposed educated ones supporting all these madness!

It seems I'm living in the midst of primitive subhumans and I'm already losing my sanity having to experience all these disgusting acts that have become a way of life here.

I'm really considering leaving this country entirely so I can be in a place where normal human beings reside.

Tufiakwa!!!

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BastardWike: 12:26pm On Feb 20, 2021
asha80:
hope you know it was ihedioha that actually set up that panel not hope? This was their recommendation and to be honest knowing how ihedioha felt about rochas you think similar decisions wouldn't have been reached?

This is not about politics, it is not about PDP or APC but it's all about common sense!

Ihedioha or PDP couldn't contemplate destroying such massive estate. Even when attempts were made to demolish Akachi Tower (there were rumour that it was Onyeagocha that was behind it), there was a backlash and the state government denied it and stopped the move.

The saying that people deserve the sort of government they experience is indeed true. We experience all these madness because we as a people have not yet evolved fully as advanced humans. We are still a little above animalistic jungle level.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 20, 2021
NEWSREPORT:

that's rubbish you just posted.This is witch hunting.
first he demolished a tunnel Rochas built (he hasn't built a better one ).
Then he demolished owerris iconic roundabout's (which wasn't necessary) and awarded a firm from Lagos to modernise them
He demolished a structurally completed hospital (somto hospital)
Next he annexed Eastern palm universities (watch out for the state of that university in the year to come)
Now he wants to demolish some of the best estates in owerri and for what ? obstruction of waterways? Biko which one? am not even talking of the military operation in orsu.
In all of this,he has not done anything about the two flyovers in owerri that truly are poor.
He left them to stand as a testament of Rochas shame and corruption ,while he goes around destroying the few positives from Rochas era.
It's only an idiot that will support this

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2021
uote author=onuman post=98996232]

Rochas Okorocha is smarter than his critics: his government registered Eastern Palm university as IMSG university with the National Universities Commission, never as a PPP. You may wish to go to prison on his behalf for laying claim for what does not belong to him or his associates.

IMSG shall recover a lot of the money it put in building Eastern Palm university by selling the now highly valued land in Owerri where IMSU is temporarily located with only two TETFUND buildings as solid university structures.

Hoteliers in Owerri are expected to team up to buy the Owerri land, and build a City University of Owerri there.

Our young and impressionable students move down to main IMSU campuses in Eastern Palm university in Ideato, Umuna Okigwe and IMSUTH.
The ultramodern structures university built by Okorocha government in Ideato, and very well equipped, is in a very serene area good for studies, it has hostels that can accommodate tens of thousands of residents, rent is very cheap outside the campus.
There is no convention or constitution stating that State university must be in the state capital. Abia State university is in Uturu.

Anambra State university is in Igboariam and Uli.
Owerri already has FUTO, AIFCE government universities, and Polytechnics Nekede.

Imo state university deserves to be on the site of Eastern Palm university in Ideato.[/quote]

Been a while I visited this thread. You gave a very wise suggestion... "No constitution states that the state university must be in the state capital", so true

There have been numerous well justified calls for the relocation of IMSU, I think Uzodimma should write his name in gold by doing so. I just hope he doesn't decide to destroy it same way he plans to do the estate built by Rochas under another muddled claim

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2021
asha80:
Na so e dey start

Lol, if you check am, it might be a just constructed road o... I really don't get it

Side note: The roads in Owerri no dey finish? This government is still constructing majority of its roads in Owerri... When will such spread to other areas

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2021
NEWSREPORT:

And Rochas thought Ihedioha was vindictive. Lol. This Uzodimma is not normal at all o... Water CAN ALWAYS BE RECHANNELED, it's flow path isn't cast in stone

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:

Lol, if you check am, it might be a just constructed road o... I really don't get it

Side note: The roads in Owerri no dey finish? This government is still constructing majority of its roads in Owerri... When will such spread to other areas
when you understand that the previous govt messed up owerri with substandard projects then it is understandable

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:

it is a recently constructed road (dick tiger to be precise)
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:06pm On Feb 20, 2021
asha80:
when you understand that the previous govt messed up owerri with substandard projects then it is understandable

But they seem to be doing exactly the same thing the previous one did...constructing substandard roads

When will development now get to other areas... That means those ones are on a long thing
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by vanunu: 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2021
sanctity454:

Yes, the road should be dualized, IMSG is dualizing stadium road. I hope there dualize okpara road also

They should use concrete because of clay.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2021
Abagworo I haven't heard any comment from you as uzodinma is now confiscating Okorocha's properties..when ihedioha did similar you were ranting

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (1038) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70