Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,601 members, 7,816,493 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (947) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2401575 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ProudImolite: 1:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nchenches:

When they built the huge ISOPADEC headquarters in Owerri, instead of in Ohaji/Egbema/Oguta oil producing areas, you were asleep in Ohaji/Egbema.

In 47 years since Owerri was made capital of Imo state, they have used the 13% derivation from oil to develop only Owerri. Your Ohaji/Egbema remain ultra rural.
Now you develop strength because I talk about Uzodinma's abandonment of all urban infrastructures in the 2nd largest urban city of Imo state - Orlu- to rot, you are telling me of Ohaji/Egbema, a place left ultra rural through siphoning of its oil money by IMSG to development of only Owerri.
I don't have time replying to a midget. You don't know where your problems began.
Why did Orlu people harbour IPOB criminals and terrorists? The indigenes of Orlu should form an outfit and sweep out every criminal in Orlu and in their forest . If not that part of the world would be forgotten for life

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ProudImolite: 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
Are Ndi imo ready for 2023 election?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2023
Igbos miscalculate and overhype Lagos sometimes.

I did the maths and i found out that investing in the east will give you access to bigger market than Lagos.

Here is how.

South South and South East has a population of 26 and 22 Milllion people respectively. If you combine them together that's 48 million people.

South West has a total population of 32.5 million people.

Now if you observe the attached map there are two circles I drew there. The yellow and the blue circle.

The yellow circle consist of what I call the economic catchment areas of Eastern Region. This catchment areas includes SS/SE and some parts of Cameroun and Equatorial Guinea.

As I mentioned, minus Cameroun and Equatorial Guinea, the total population of SS/SE alone is a market catchment area that's more populated than SW.

What this means is that citing an industry in SS/SE will give you access to more market than the market available in SW. Some of our Igbo brothers are always deceived that Lagos has the population hence the need for them to set up industry in Lagos/Ibadan axis. That's a big lie. Only Abia, Owerri and PH will give you whatever market you need to sell your product. And also, it is a known fact that most of these stuffs produced in Lagos/Ibadan axis finds their way into SS/SE. Example snacks and biscuits.

Now if these things still comes to SS/SE and gets consumed what is the sense in now going as far as Lagos to set up this factories when in actual sense if u set it in SS/SE you get access to more ready market and population. Now if I go further to add Equitorial Guinea and Cameroun you know what this means.

Now let's talk about the blue circle.
As you might have observed, Abuja is closer to SE/SS than Lagos/SW. Now if this is the case why do our people still think they should cite their bizness in SW/Lagos/Ibadan when they can cite it in SS/SE and get to the market in Easter NC, NE and Abuja faster?

I have contemplated on this and I honestly don't see the sense of setting up industries in this areas when at the end of the day your goods gets consumed more outside the region you set up factory.

Innoson is a good example that proves that setting up in SE/SS is more viable than SW. From Nnewi Innoson can easily sell to Abuja, NC, Cameroun, Equatorial Guinea, etc.

Let me reemphasize. SE/SS has more population and ready consumers than SW. SE/SS can easily distibute to Abuja, Eastern NC and NE easily cause of proximity than shipping from Lagos to these areas.

It is important Igbo industrialists lock down the economic zones and market of NE, Eastern NC, SS, Equatorial Guinea and Cameroun.

If we can successfully lock down this market, we can then scale up and compete to get other regions like NW, Western NC and even SW, then global markets.

Let's start with the market in this areas first (NE, Eastern NC, SS/SE, Equatorial Guinea and Cameroun).

It is important we build factories within SE/SS in order to stay close to these market and capture them. Proximally speaking, it makes more sense to build industries in SE/SS than building in Lagos/Ibadan. Most of the cities and states with higher Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) exist within our market region. LET'S BUILD INDUSTRIES CLOSE TO IT AND LOCK IT.

I know people will give me reasons like Seaport and the rest not functional in SS/sE that's why people set up there. Well i disagree.

We can still set up here and push thru our leaders that the available ports be functional, or even invest towards building and owning one. We need leaders in the SE to be more proactive in the next 4 years. it should not be about just building road and flyovers now. it is now an existential matter. They must push and float investment companies that will go round and see stuffs that hinders our productivity and see ways to invest in ensuring that stumbling block is removed. Akwa Ibom state is building a seaport, this investment front funded by all SE states can go and invest in it and secure the goodwill of the state and secure right of access instead of complaining and waiting for FG to wake up. FG is slow, waiting for them will make us waste precious time.

Thank God seaports are now in the concurrent list. SE governors can work with states like Akwa Ibom (preferable to avoid Ijaw wahala) to get concession to build ports at their coastal line. This port must not even be funded from the state covers of SE. Funds can be sourced from investors while the front runners will be the investment company set up by SE Gov Forum. I know this is what SEREDEC was design to function as. I hope we get to the point where we start having the conversation. SW is doing it already, buying and owning OML thru their investment front (Odua investment group).

It is important we realize that this time around, the next four years should not be about roads and flyovers. State governors can not develop SE within the shortest possible time. They must work with private investors which we have in abundance, but the brick wall has been trust and lack of passion from government.

Only one gov in SE has started going this route, it may sound surprising but it's Abia. As it stands, Abia State via EEC has now taken over Enugu - PH expressway and Onitsha - Aba - Owerri expressway. They will toll it and make money from it in the coming years.

This is what I pray to start seeing in SE.

Attached
- Map
- Purchasing Power Parity Chart (Only available one I could find)

8 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pascal9: 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
Broveens42:

You have a point..
That's why I'll always say;
Development is 'basic'
What do you need a rail for when you'll still settle for mediocrity in the name of locomotive train. Let's agree we need train services, is it gonna offer quality service to it's users at least.
Quality and safety first before viability

#Development is basic
even Lagos don't have water talkess of treated one, a 20liter cage is 100
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pascal9: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by 0fodirinwa: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2023
Stop posting nonsense. Abia is the worst and most backward state in Nigeria. Abia has the worst roads in Nigeria, how can you stupidly say that the same shithole backward abia state has taken over major highway like Onitsha- Owerri road. Are you insane?

NwekereNdoki:

Only one gov in SE has started going this route, it may sound surprising but it's Abia. As it stands, Abia State via EEC has now taken over Enugu - PH expressway and Onitsha - Aba - Owerri expressway. They will toll it and make money from it in the coming years.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
0fodirinwa:
Stop posting nonsense. Abia is the worst and most backward state in Nigeria. Abia has the worst roads in Nigeria, how can you stupidly say that the same shithole backward abia state has taken over major highway like Onitsha- Owerri road. Are you insane?

E shock you? sorry oh.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by 0fodirinwa: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
E no shock me because I know it can never happen. Mumu man where is even the EEC except billboards? This is the same iberiberim that kept abia state in a mess today because you abia people doesn't have commonsense to reason.

NwekereNdoki:

E shock you? sorry oh.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pascal9: 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nchenches:

Danger here is if I insist on the truth that it is not the duty of state governmment to build intercity rail lines, your broda govano, Hope Uzodinma, will quickly start to build railway line from Owerri to Portharcourt or Umuahia. Owerri applauds.
You are from Awomama, there is no treated portable water anywhere in Awomama, not anywhere in the whole of Imo state. A place without treated portable water belongs to the dark ages villages. Treated portable water is a life saver, increases average life span in the area that has it, and it's the number one infrastructure that a gov is supposed to give to citizens. Late Sam Mbakwe did it, but his successors could not sustain it.
When you look left or right in any business place or living house in Orlu, you will see person from Oru east or Oru west. They don't have roads to move body and commerce about in Orlu, because of the development embargo placed on Orlu by governor Hope Uzodinma since 2020. Floods kill people in Orlu due to absence of urban drainage system. You want Uzodinma to build you railway lines to PH or Umuahia.
Orly Orly every time, is Orly the capital, zukwanuike

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 5:00pm On Feb 14, 2023
SmartPolician:

Wail on, papi! Keep wailing as if the person you are complaining to can do anything to change your misfortune.

He has given you people good advice, yet you just can't let him alone. Perhaps you are confusing him with Hope Uzodinma.

Bros, I least expected this from you, given the good quality of contributions I read from you on NL.
Orlu is part of your state. As Orlu is being devastated and denied the development it deserves from IMSG since the beginning of vendetta on Orlu by Hope Uzodinma, Imo state is also NEGATIVELY AFFECTED. It doesn't even help urban and rural Owerri where most of the federal allocations of Imo state's 27 LGA are being put into urban development and expansion by Uzodinma.
It is same manner we shall weep if a federal government in Nigeria decides to use most of Nigeria's capital development funds to focus on development and urban expansion of Abuja or Lagos, but abandons Owerri and the other cities of Nigeria;
and further for this discourse, the same federal government invents a scheme for devastation and denial of
a peaceful environment for Owerri and rest of Nigeria outside Abuja or Lagos; and hides under the foul scheme to remove existing government devt infrastructures in Owerri and rest of the cities of Nigeria, and relocate them in Abuja or Lagos.
I don't know who gave who good advice, as you announced.
I don't know who is confusing who for Hope Uzodinma, as you announced.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
ProudImolite:
Why did Orlu people harbour IPOB criminals and terrorists? The indigenes of Orlu should form an outfit and sweep out every criminal in Orlu and in their forest . If not that part of the world would be forgotten for life

You are TYPICAL of one of those gunmen armed since the beginning of Uzodinma government to deny peaceful environment in Orlu area.
What has IPOB got to do with Orlu? Orlu is neither the capital of Biafra, nor the headquarters of IPOB.

Unlike Owerri where you can find up to, or more than, 5 square kilometres of uninhabited bushes up to the boundary with Rivers State, you can't find a 500 square metres of uninhabited bush anywhere in Orlu area, all the way to the boundary with Anambra state. So where would your so-called IPOB hide in this Orlu area?
Above all, if a state governor who is the Chief Security officer of the state is interested in stopping your gunmen in Orlu area, he should have done it a long time ago.
Why would anyone from Orlu declare and sustain hostility against Hope Uzodinma shortly after he was announced governor of Imo state, till now? For what purpose?
If you are not one of those gunmen, you reason from your anus.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nchenches:

You are TYPICAL of one of those gunmen armed since the beginning of Uzodinma government to deny peaceful environment in Orlu area.
What has IPOB got to do with Orlu? Orlu is neither the capital of Biafra, nor the headquarters of IPOB.

Unlike Owerri where you can find up to, or more than, 5 square kilometres of uninhabited bushes up to the boundary with Rivers State, you can't find a 500 square metres of uninhabited bush anywhere in Orlu area, all the way to the boundary with Anambra state. So where would your so-called IPOB hide in this Orlu area?
Above all, if a state governor who is the Chief Security officer of the state is interested in stopping your gunmen in Orlu area, he should have done it a long time ago.
Why would anyone from Orlu declare and sustain hostility against Hope Uzodinma shortly after he was announced governor of Imo state, till now? For what purpose?
If you are not one of those gunmen, you reason from your anus.

That's the bitter truth my friend. No development when there is no peace

We know that security in Nigeria is overstretched yet we still join people to support things that causes insecurity. What Orlu is facing now is the reperccursion. It's nobody;s fault but Orlu people's fault and Igbos fault in general. Nigerian army will try to stop it, but Orlu people must come back to their senses, Ebubegu, NPF and NA is not your enemy.

That's the bitter truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 5:33pm On Feb 14, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

We know that security in Nigeria is overstretched yet we still join people to support things that causes insecurity. What Orlu is facing now is the reperccursion. It's nobody;s fault but Orlu people's fault and Igbos fault in general. Nigerian army will try to stop it, but Orlu people must come back to their senses, Ebubegu, NPF and NA is not your enemy.

That's the bitter truth

Go sit your impostor ass down in the corner and STFU! You’re yarning complete shit! Why was Orlu in particular and Imo in general peaceful and a prime investment/tourist destination until the coming of Uzodinma!?

You’re always crawling all over Igbo-themed threads….looking for ways to get Ndigbo to hate Mazi Kanu and IPOB and ‘justify’ the terrorist tag your wicked boss Buhari unjustly pinned on them! This is one propaganda battle you ain’t gonna win!

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

That's the bitter truth

Ozu. On one of your comments earlier on this thread, I asked for who brought dog to the church.
Repercussion from what?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
When will we give Hope Uzodimma his flowers? The guy has done quite well especially in road construction and tackling insecurity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Govt60: 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
IGBOSON1:

Go sit your impostor ass down in the corner and STFU! You’re yarning complete shit! Why was Orlu in particular and Imo in general peaceful and a prime investment/tourist destination until the coming of Uzodinma!?

You’re always crawling all over Igbo-themed threads….looking for ways to get Ndigbo to hate Mazi Kanu and IPOB and ‘justify’ the terrorist tag your wicked boss Buhari unjustly pinned on them! This is one propaganda battle you ain’t gonna win!

Ipob criminals feeling funky, una days are numbered, e go shock una no worries including those of you efulefus overseas idiot

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Govt60: 7:26pm On Feb 14, 2023
Maduawuchukwu:
When will we give Hope Uzodimma his flowers? The guy has done quite well especially in road construction and tackling insecurity.

Man is trying, no unbiased individual will fault that, it's left for we imolites to decide whether he deserves second term or not come November 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Naniboi17: 8:14pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 1:17am On Feb 15, 2023
Govt60:

Ipob criminals feeling funky, una days are numbered, e go shock una no worries including those of you efulefus overseas idiot

That guy na hardcore IPOB brainwashed minion.

I don dey ignore am self.

He will leave to call out IPOB for bringing destruction into Imo and wants to blame Uzodimma.

As long as Uzodimma was sworn in by the CJ, he remains the governor of Imo state. Cry from now till tommorow it changes nothing. If PDP were innocent they would've reclaimed their sit. But no, they weren't.

PDP is not Igbo party, if APC sits there and work nwanne it is fine.

Election will come, Ihedioha should test his strenght again. THAT'S ALL

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mistacoco2: 7:17am On Feb 15, 2023
Please is the IMO- port harcourt road completed?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Govt60: 9:00am On Feb 15, 2023
mistacoco2:
Please is the IMO- port harcourt road completed?

I think the few bad spot was taken care of by ferma, am not sure ooo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Broveens42(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

That guy na hardcore IPOB brainwashed minion.

I don dey ignore am self.

He will leave to call out IPOB for bringing destruction into Imo and wants to blame Uzodimma.

As long as Uzodimma was sworn in by the CJ, he remains the governor of Imo state. Cry from now till tommorow it changes nothing. If PDP were innocent they would've reclaimed their sit. But no, they weren't.

PDP is not Igbo party, if APC sits there and work nwanne it is fine.

Election will come, Ihedioha should test his strenght again. THAT'S ALL

3 things to clarify/support in your submission..
The truth
The speculative
and the Reality

The truth is that he may have been sympathetic with ipob on the basis of global perception of the group as freedom fighters.

The speculative is when you blame ipob for bringing destruction in imo state and not SARS, infighting between two brothers from orlu etc ,

The reality is that PDP is not an Igbo party..

Please let's speak up for development of Igbo land, imo state in particular

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Kelvin3476: 11:30am On Feb 17, 2023
I never knew that this kind of thread exists

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
Broveens42:

3 things to clarify/support in your submission..
The truth
The speculative
and the Reality

The truth is that he may have been sympathetic with ipob on the basis of global perception of the group as freedom fighters.

The speculative is when you blame ipob for bringing destruction in imo state and not SARS, infighting between two brothers from orlu etc ,

The reality is that PDP is not an Igbo party..

Please let's speak up for development of Igbo land, imo state in particular

myself I was an IPOB sympathizer. But I left the camp when I noticed they were not making any progress but was hell bent on turning SE upside down with violence.

IPOB is responsible for Violence in SE directly or indirectly. That is the fact we must not shy away from.

Igbos says that when you bring ant infested woods into your house........ you know the rest.

IPOB encouraged violence in SE, and the ripple effect is that it has now gone beyond their control and management. Criminal elements now masquerade as ESN to cause mayhem, and now we can't differentiate which is IPOB ESN or criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
Kelvin3476:
I never knew that this kind of thread exists

YOu are welcome my brother.

For a greater Igboland

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Kelvin3476: 12:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

YOu are welcome my brother.
For a greater Igboland
AMEN

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Govt60: 9:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
If you love paint ball game

Alpha Charlie Paint balling Arena is open at Heroes Arena very close to Heroes Square New Owerri

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Govt60: 9:49pm On Feb 17, 2023
Somewhere in uptown

We need better road infrastructures

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 2:39am On Feb 18, 2023
Pascal9:
even Lagos don't have water talkess of treated one, a 20liter cage is 100

Hmm.
In other words, since Lagos doesn't have treated portable water supply system, Imo state cannot have treated portable water supply system. Nothing one cannot hear here.
FYI, availability of treated portable water supply system is the number one sign for regarding a place as a city. That our giant city, Owerri we showcase daily here remains a village without a functional portable water supply system.
Even gov Umahi built a recent portable surface water supply system in Ebonyi State, the type former governor Mbakwe built and completed in Owerri, could not complete that for Okigwe, and completed the feasibility studies for that of Orlu before military take over. Since 1999, all we have been having in Imo state leadership are people scrambling for Owerri lands where they build only roads in rural and urban Owerri, to increase the value of their landed properties.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ariesbull: 3:29am On Feb 18, 2023
0fodirinwa:

abia folks keep distracting igbo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oilykid(m): 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2023
Heard that lots of truck load is soldiers have been deployed to imo from enugu 82 division.. other SE states will follow this week

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Govt60: 1:40pm On Feb 19, 2023
oilykid:
Heard that lots of truck load is soldiers have been deployed to imo from enugu 82 division.. other SE states will follow this week

It's nationwide deployment for the election, same in SW and North

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.