Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (946) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2403616 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Broveens42(m): 3:51am On Feb 12, 2023
Govt60:
Random

Is house of freeda still functional @ mcc ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Broveens42(m): 4:05am On Feb 12, 2023
Nchenches:

When people in Imo state don't have access to treated portable water, when people in the towns of Imo state outside Owerri have no passable urban roads, no urban drainage system, no functional hospitals, nothing; but you want IMSG to build capital intensive rail network solely to join your darling city, Owerri, to wherever, you make yourself look foolish. Don't you know that the people you abandoned behind in your rural village and settled in Owerri, need treated portable water, at least? Or will you be giving them borehole water all the century? You demean yourself on this thread, thinking that you demean me. I am very much certain with whatever I contribute here.

You have a point..
That's why I'll always say;
Development is 'basic'
What do you need a rail for when you'll still settle for mediocrity in the name of locomotive train. Let's agree we need train services, is it gonna offer quality service to it's users at least.
Quality and safety first before viability

#Development is basic

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 4:27am On Feb 12, 2023
Nchenches:

When people in Imo state don't have access to treated portable water, when people in the towns of Imo state outside Owerri have no passable urban roads, no urban drainage system, no functional hospitals, nothing; but you want IMSG to build capital intensive rail network solely to join your darling city, Owerri, to wherever, you make yourself look foolish. Don't you know that the people you abandoned behind in your rural village and settled in Owerri, need treated portable water, at least? Or will you be giving them borehole water all the century? You demean yourself on this thread, thinking that you demean me. I am very much certain with whatever I contribute here.
Sounds like your village is miserable because my people have water lol. You should look into helping your people and not limit my contribution because you don't have something.

lol, you think rail is a luxury because you don't live in a society where it exists. I have an uncle who the whole family had to beg to build a toilet. He insisted that it was unnecessary because he didn't grow up with one and there were more pressing things to address. Everyone in town has a two story and shitting in the bush is no longer an option for a married man but he doesn't see it as necessary because he has never owned one. If Imo doesn't get connected to rail Imo will be in 25 years what we think Niger Republic is now.

At a point nowhere in Nigeria had functional rail, so you may have grown up in a world where everyone had 1 leg. But the generation before that every single city we are calling a city was created by rail sea and river. You don't have to believe me but find a functional first world city that isn't rail connected. This is not optional in the modern world.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Govt60: 7:30am On Feb 12, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

I thought this open gutter thing on urban roads wouldve been a thing of the past

Ikegwuru situation

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Govt60: 7:32am On Feb 12, 2023
Broveens42:

Is house of freeda still functional @ mcc ?

Due to bad road it was shut down, but I believe it will be reopened now, because Rochas Empire in Owerri has been renovating it's investments and establishments since last year

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 3:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

Sounds like your village is miserable because my people have water lol. You should look into helping your people and not limit my contribution because you don't have something.

lol, you think rail is a luxury because you don't live in a society where it exists. I have an uncle who the whole family had to beg to build a toilet. He insisted that it was unnecessary because he didn't grow up with one and there were more pressing things to address. Everyone in town has a two story and shitting in the bush is no longer an option for a married man but he doesn't see it as necessary because he has never owned one. If Imo doesn't get connected to rail Imo will be in 25 years what we think Niger Republic is now.

At a point nowhere in Nigeria had functional rail, so you may have grown up in a world where everyone had 1 leg. But the generation before that every single city we are calling a city was created by rail sea and river. You don't have to believe me but find a functional first world city that isn't rail connected. This is not optional in the modern world.

Danger here is if I insist on the truth that it is not the duty of state governmment to build intercity rail lines, your broda govano, Hope Uzodinma, will quickly start to build railway line from Owerri to Portharcourt or Umuahia. Owerri applauds.
You are from Awomama, there is no treated portable water anywhere in Awomama, not anywhere in the whole of Imo state. A place without treated portable water belongs to the dark ages villages. Treated portable water is a life saver, increases average life span in the area that has it, and it's the number one infrastructure that a gov is supposed to give to citizens. Late Sam Mbakwe did it, but his successors could not sustain it.
When you look left or right in any business place or living house in Orlu, you will see person from Oru east or Oru west. They don't have roads to move body and commerce about in Orlu, because of the development embargo placed on Orlu by governor Hope Uzodinma since 2020. Floods kill people in Orlu due to absence of urban drainage system. You want Uzodinma to build you railway lines to PH or Umuahia.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2023
Nchenches:

Danger here is if I insist on the truth that it is not the duty of state governmment to build intercity rail lines, your broda govano, Hope Uzodinma, will quickly start to build to build railway line from Owerri to Portharcourt.
You are from Awomama, there is no treated portable water anywhere in Awomama, not anywhere in the whole of Imo state. A place without treated portable water belongs to the dark ages villages. Treated portable water is a life saver and number one infrastructure that a gov is supposed to give to citizens. Late Sam Mbakwe did it, but his successors could not sustain it.
When you look left or right in any business place in Orlu you will see person from Oru east or west. They don't have roads to move body and commerce about in Orlu because of the development embargo placed on Orlu by governor Hope Uzodinma since 2020. Floods kill people in Orlu due to absence of urban drainage system. You want Uzodinma to build you railway lines to PH or Umuahia.

Some of you are ignorant. So you have not heard of PPP before? must govt build everything? dont you know they can prtner with ready investors to do that why they focus on basic and low hanging fruits?

And talking of portable water, is that not what hope is doing?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 3:15pm On Feb 12, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

That guy sounds like a village dweller.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 3:16pm On Feb 12, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

Some of you are ignorant. So you have not heard of PPP before? must govt build everything? dont you know they can prtner with ready investors to do that why they focus on basic and low hanging fruits?

And talking of portable water, is that not what hope is doing?

Ignore button for a buffoon.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 3:18pm On Feb 12, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Do both lol. That's like saying 'why should Imo build roads when it has an airport' lol

I can tell you have made this consistently in life

I was reffering to the person that said Imo does not need rail
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 3:18pm On Feb 12, 2023
Nchenches:

When they built the huge ISOPADEC headquarters in Owerri, instead of in Ohaji/Egbema/Oguta oil producing areas, you were asleep in Ohaji/Egbema.

In 47 years since Owerri was made capital of Imo state, they have used the 13% derivation from oil to develop only Owerri. Your Ohaji/Egbema remain ultra rural.
Now you develop strength because I talk about Uzodinma's abandonment of all urban infrastructures in the 2nd largest urban city of Imo state - Orlu- to rot, you are telling me of Ohaji/Egbema, a place left ultra rural through siphoning of its oil money by IMSG to development of only Owerri.
I don't have time replying to a midget. You don't know where your problems began.

Imo state is the administrative HQ. THere is no better place to site ASOPADEC than the admin HQ
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2023
Even the old narrow gauge rail from Portharcourt-Okigwe-Umuahia-Enugu is
dysfunctional.
The federal government which invited a Chinese firm to make it start to function abandoned the contact.
Ofordirinwa wants governor Hope Uzodinma to use the federal allocations of the Imo 27 LGAs to build railway lines from Owerri to wherever. Just for the fancy that Owerri also has railway lines.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

Imo state is the administrative HQ. THere is no better place to site ASOPADEC than the admin HQ

Still demonstrating that he/she is a midget. Who brought dog to church?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Naniboi17: 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 5:02pm On Feb 12, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

Delta State's oil producing areas Towering headquarters is in Warri, 25 Warri Sapele Rd, Warri GRA 332104, Warri, Delta, Nigeria;
It's built in Warri for the oil producing areas of Delta state. It's not in Asaba, the administrative HQ of Delta state. Asaba area, like Owerri area, does not produce Oil.
Owerri and the poorly educated governors of Imo state combined to fcuck your Ohaji/Egbema/Oguta oil producing area, front and back, inside out and outside in. But ignorance is a bliss for you.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 8:23pm On Feb 12, 2023
Nchenches:

Delta State's oil producing areas Towering headquarters is in Warri, 25 Warri Sapele Rd, Warri GRA 332104, Warri, Delta, Nigeria;
It's built in Warri for the oil producing areas of Delta state. It's not in Asaba, the administrative HQ of Delta state. Asaba area, like Owerri area, does not produce Oil.
Owerri and the poorly educated governors of Imo state combined to fcuck your Ohaji/Egbema/Oguta oil producing area, front and back, inside out and outside in. But ignorance is a bliss for you.

Is Warri not a city?? Will you compare Warri and Egbema? Una dey think?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nchenches: 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2023
NwekereNdoki:

Is Warri not a city?? Will you compare Warri and Egbema? Una dey think?

Hmmm.
Ohaji/Egbema can be built to become a city. Paris was once rural villages.
Owerri was once the 5 villages. Much of the oil earnings from your Ohaji/Egbema were used to build Owerri to become what you call a city. Stop exposing your...

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Naniboi17: 10:30am On Feb 13, 2023
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 11:41am On Feb 13, 2023
Nchenches:

Hmmm.
Ohaji/Egbema can be built to become a city. Paris was once rural villages.
Owerri was once the 5 villages. Much of the oil earnings from your Ohaji/Egbema were used to build Owerri to become what you call a city. Stop exposing your...

Please remind me, how much is Imo state Annual IGR and ALlocation again?? in dollar i mean,
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 11:47am On Feb 13, 2023
Naniboi17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfRXwzAnet8

They should plant trees na... Its an amusement park not a factory
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Anselem86: 4:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Naniboi17: 5:04pm On Feb 13, 2023
Anselem86:
what do we stand to gain from this mumu outing
I don't blame you
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 6:26pm On Feb 13, 2023
Nchenches:

When is Hope Uzodinma starting to build Underground Metro Transport system in Owerri?
Rochas Okorocha built many tangential roads to divert traffic from Owerri Town centre. Hope Uzodinma is again on building Ring Road around Owerri.
Grudges against unseen enemies in Orlu make him pour the federal allocations of the local government areas of Imo state on Owerri soil alone.
Because if Uzodinma builds in another urban centre in Imo state without building in Orlu, he will further expose the fact that he has been behind the violence in Orlu from Day 1.

Wail on, papi! Keep wailing as if the person you are complaining to can do anything to change your misfortune.

He has given you people good advice, yet you just can't let him alone. Perhaps you are confusing him with Hope Uzodinma.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
A sneak peek into the ongoing Anoh gas project.

11 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Govt60: 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mensamusa:

Bro how did you manage to get this pictures, that site is heavily restricted, what's the progress with the shell gas plant

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2023
Govt60:

Bro how did you manage to get this pictures, that site is heavily restricted, what's the progress with the shell gas plant

From their official website,however the site is still under construction.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2023
Naniboi17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfRXwzAnet8

This is really massive.

Did anyone notice the beautiful multistorey building under construction.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Govt60: 10:55pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mensamusa:

This is really massive.

Did anyone notice the beautiful multistorey building under construction.

I pray it's not a hotel, but rather a shopping plaza or office complex
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Mensamusa: 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
Govt60:

I pray it's not a hotel, but rather a shopping plaza or office complex

grin grin grin grin grin

Yeah I get you,but as much as the state is tilting towards diversification, the mainstay that emblazoned her name globally must be reinvigorated.

That Ihiagwa ongoing bridge project after its completion should serve as a precursor to a green- themed leisure park with a bridge view.

Some random pics

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Govt60: 12:55am On Feb 14, 2023
Mensamusa:

grin grin grin grin grin

Yeah I get you,but as much as the state is tilting towards diversification, the mainstay that emblazoned her name globally must be reinvigorated.

That Ihiagwa ongoing bridge project after its completion should serve as a precursor to a green- themed leisure park with a bridge view.

Some random pics

MCC road has just been completed

Focus will shift towards ihiagwa futo road

Though the outstanding stretch of Owerri ring road that connects MCC road to Eke megbu oha River has also been awarded.

The amusement park success stories will spore more investments in that sector am super sure of it.

More hotels is welcomed so far as it's human beings working there and not robots grin

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwekereNdoki: 4:55am On Feb 14, 2023
Mensamusa:

Wow. We rise
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Broveens42(m): 6:47am On Feb 14, 2023
Govt60:

MCC road has just been completed

Focus will shift towards ihiagwa futo road

Though the outstanding stretch of Owerri ring road that connects MCC road to Eke megbu oha River has also been awarded.

The amusement park success stories will spore more investments in that sector am super sure of it.

More hotels is welcomed so far as it's human beings working there and not robots grin
that would give owerri North a new look as property developers along Toronto axis and by extension, smile to the bank.
Meehn I was around owaelu and owala in Owerri North last Yuletide, I couldn't believe my eyes..the kind of houses people are building in imo state got me thinking grin though some of the roads need urgent attention around that axis

(1) (2) (3) ... (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.