Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls (4155 Views)

My Ex Who Is Married Is On My Neck. Advice Pls [screen Shots] / Should He Marry An Asthmatic? Advice Pls! / His Girlfriend Is Asthmatic And Its Hereditary ,Should He Leave Her?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by Ymodulus: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2012
well i to was little bit suprise when i read the statement sayin "around d corner".

@JOE not all asthmatic patient see the doctor regularly.

@Poster i dont want to say your gf lied i just tink she didnt put the letter well explaining her condition.
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by donigspain(m): 9:00am On Sep 23, 2012
claremont:
This statement is not well-woven. It is either your girlfriend doesn't know how to write, or she doesn't have a clue about the disease she claims to have. By the way, it is spelt 'A-S-T-H-M-A'.
^^^Does harmattan (dust laden wind) ring a bell?
Meteorologically, cases of asthma attack rise significantly during this period (October/November to February/March) due to the prevalence of dust particles in the Nigerian spatial sphere caused by the actions of the NorthEast trade wind (harmattan) blowing from the Sahara desert.

@OP,
Your girl is simply trying to tell you so you won't panic if she experiences an attack whilst with you. You just need to reason with her and inquire what necessary actions you need to take if such happens.

1 Like

Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2012
whyx06:
she knows wen she trek to a far place or colD,DUST..
She's afraid of confronting Me dat's y she wrt to Me...
Thks

so she's had it since. just like I said, sickness around the corner was a lie. just find out about it and help her in this her time of need
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by whyx06(m): 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2012
joeydozzy:

so she's had it since. just like I said, sickness around the corner was a lie. just find out about it and help her in this her time of need
Dats y I'm hear sicking advice frm fellaz...
She waz at my place yesterday nd almost attack by(asthma) bt she wanna go nd but d Inhaler b4 she branch @my house so I smutly take tinz wt her cos dats my 1st time to xperience such..
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
whyx06:
Dats y I'm hear sicking advice frm fellaz...
She waz at my place yesterday nd almost attack by(asthma) bt she wanna go nd but d Inhaler b4 she branch @my house so I smutly take tinz wt her cos dats my 1st time to xperience such..

didn't really understand much but what I know basically is that relationships are through the thick and thin.you enjoyed it when there were no tantrums and loved her dearly, what's stopping you from doing that now just because she has asthma? if anything, it's gonna tighten the bond and amoire you guys have for each other. a boyfriend ought to be supportive in every way humanly and sanely possible. be there for her, from what I see you wanna be and I know that this relationship was meant to be. the best things in life are worth waiting for and having faith in. give her a kiss every night, get her inhaler when she needs it, accompany her to the medic. that's all I got for you

1 Like

Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by Z8(m): 2:53am On Sep 24, 2012
Research on asthma nah, what are u doing here?while ur at that stack up on ventolin
inhalers
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by whyx06(m): 10:30pm On Sep 24, 2012
joeydozzy:

didn't really understand much but what I know basically is that relationships are through the thick and thin.you enjoyed it when there were no tantrums and loved her dearly, what's stopping you from doing that now just because she has asthma? if anything, it's gonna tighten the bond and amoire you guys have for each other. a boyfriend ought to be supportive in every way humanly and sanely possible. be there for her, from what I see you wanna be and I know that this relationship was meant to be. the best things in life are worth waiting for and having faith in. give her a kiss every night, get her inhaler when she needs it, accompany her to the medic. that's all I got for you
Thanks bro... really app8 but hope I'm xave cos dis girl can do wtout ME around her dis dais...
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by whyx06(m): 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
Thanks to all dat ktribute to mai post...
But wanna ask,' Is't advisable to b takin d INHALER @ public places?
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by whyx06(m): 3:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
gree-die:
Op, find out why she said around d corner cz wen symptoms occur, asthma crisis usually follows unless she takes her medication (and it works. Cz attimes, a crisis jst has to run its course- drugs, inhalers, injections even oxygen wont help)

it could be dat hers is seasonal ie happens more durin d rainy, dry or harmattan season.

An asthmatic patient can live a healthy life and may not need to ve regular checkups. She needs to identify wat triggers hers nd avoid dem. It could be stuffy places, smoke, dust, cold. She should avoid using harsh perfumes, body spray etc. Doctors ll say dont drink cold water, eat fried tins etc but i say do them in moderation.

Regular exercise helps d lungs nd thus is good 4 asthmatic patients but she shouldnt do strenuous tins.

If u ever marry her, make sure she indicates her health condition durin her ante natal cz she ll need to be monitored.

Der is also a tin called panic attack nd dis can be dangerous 4 asthmatic patients so she should learn to stay calm nd not be easily alarmed.

Ultimately, wat she needs is to study her body nd know tins dat trigger her attacks& avoid dem. She should always ve her medication wit her.

She is as normal as d next girl. Dont be alarmed, just continue loving her.

Lest i forget, she shouldnt be anywhere der is unrest. D gaseous substance security normally throws? Very disastrous 4 an asthmatic patient. If she ever finds herself in such situation, running will tire her out. She should cover her nose wit damp cloth and seek medical help pronto.

Im not a health worker but im sure of d tins i ve written.

Bydway, u should move dis to d health section.
Thank alot... really app8 ur post...
But is't advisable to b using d INHALER @public places?
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by greedie1(f): 3:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
whyx06: Thanks to all dat ktribute to mai post...
But wanna ask,' Is't advisable to b takin d INHALER @ public places?
u mean should she be ashamed she is asthmatic? Nope, she should be discreet!

If she is in a public place nd is having an attack, she should use her inhaler pls except d attack is minor and she can afford to look 4 concealed place
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by Mynd44: 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
gree-die:

u mean should she be ashamed she is asthmatic? Nope, she should be discreet!

If she is in a public place nd is having an attack, she should use her inhaler pls except d attack is minor and she can afford to look 4 concealed place
I dont agree. Minor or serious, she should use her inhale immediately. Why should she be ashamed of her sickness?
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by greedie1(f): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mynd_44:
I dont agree. Minor or serious, she should use her inhale immediately. Why should she be ashamed of her sickness?
i didnt say she should be ashamed, but der r ple dat r self conscious nd wouldnt want ple to knw dey r asthmatic lyk its a plague...

I had a friend dat would rather die dan use her inhaler publicly, she claimed ple wuld see her as a weaklin nd pity her. I tried to convince her to change her mind, but she stood her ground. Der r ple lyk dat

in not sayin its good but until such ple accepts d fact dat asthma is a sickness jst lyk malaria, bein discreet ll be beta dan takin risks ryt?
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by whyx06(m): 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
gree-die:

i didnt say she should be ashamed, but der r ple dat r self conscious nd wouldnt want ple to knw dey r asthmatic lyk its a plague...

I had a friend dat would rather die dan use her inhaler publicly, she claimed ple wuld see her as a weaklin nd pity her. I tried to convince her to change her mind, but she stood her ground. Der r ple lyk dat

in not sayin its good but until such ple accepts d fact dat asthma is a sickness jst lyk malaria, bein discreet ll be beta dan takin risks ryt?
I thk u all...
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by Mynd44: 2:01am On Sep 27, 2012
gree-die:

I guess you are right
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by Gracious10: 2:20am On Sep 27, 2012
sexkillz: When i notice i have symptoms of malaria, can't i say malaria is around the corner? undecided

Now she noticed her asthma is around the corner, and you say it is technically a lie. This is what you copied and pasted "some of these symptoms go only to come back at interrupted periods called asthma attacks."

1000 likes!

So, a girl's asthma symptoms came and went and while it is yet to come back as asthma attacks, she writes her boyfriend to tell him that her asthma is around the corner, and you called it a technical lie? Even after reading what you pasted?

You must be technically dumb!

That is my opinion.
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by Gracious10: 2:24am On Sep 27, 2012
donigspain: ASTHMA?
I got a cure (remedy)... YES, I know orthodox medicine asserts it's a life-long manageable ailment but am 100% percent SURE of this herbal mixture. I was skeptical, at first, towards believing (am a science guy myself) but not until I saw it's efficacy.
I know of two persons with chronic asthma having recurring attacks but since they took the 'medicine' for a period of two months (early last year) they have not had a single attack. Please, am not saying this so that you will BUY it from me. I DON'T SELL IT. It's just an old trado-medical recipe which the 'doctor' holds tenaciously classified. Am ready to PAY for anyone interested (just one person o) so that through his/her testimony Nigerian Govt. and the Medical Association might look more into this 'medicine'.

I totally agree with u, my younger brother took this herbal remedy and this is 1yr and 8 months and there never been an episode of asthma attack or symptoms. It really works.
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by whyx06(m): 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2012
Gracious10:

I totally agree with u, my younger brother took this herbal remedy and this is 1yr and 8 months and there never been an episode of asthma attack or symptoms. It really works.
Pls wat's d remedy?
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by etochi11(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2012
M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ galfrnd ȋ̝̊̅§ Asthmatic as well.. But, she told me DAT she ȋ̝̊̅§ getting betam. She dosnt ℓi̶̲̥̅ke̶̲̥̅ using ӇҾȓ inhaler (i dunno y). Pls wat i wanna. Ask ȋ̝̊̅§ dis, can 1 marry an Asthmatic patient and Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​oτ̣̣̥​ give birth to an Asthmatic child/ children.. If possible,, Ђδω Cos d way am seeing tins, d gal loves me
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by greedie1(f): 9:27am On Sep 29, 2012
etochi11: M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ galfrnd ȋ̝̊̅§ Asthmatic as well.. But, she told me DAT she ȋ̝̊̅§ getting betam. She dosnt ℓi̶̲̥̅ke̶̲̥̅ using ӇҾȓ inhaler (i dunno y). Pls wat i wanna. Ask ȋ̝̊̅§ dis, can 1 marry an Asthmatic patient and Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​oτ̣̣̥​ give birth to an Asthmatic child/ children.. If possible,, Ђδω Cos d way am seeing tins, d gal loves me
. Ofcz u can marry her and give birth to perfectly healthy kids except hers is genetic even so, she can still ve healty kids if d gene is not dominant
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by Abali1(m): 9:35am On Sep 29, 2012
I go with Joeydozzy on this one. Op there is no way your girlfriend will know that her Asthma attack is around the corner. Because even before she realises what is happening the attack would have come.
She just want to tell you that she has Asthma. This is not about I-know-it-all, am writing as one whose mother has bronchitis(which is related to asthma) and have a cousin who suffers from asthma.
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by Abali1(m): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2012
gree-die:

Let your friend continue being ASHAMED, when the attack comes in public and she is with people who do not know about her health status, then she will understand that DEATH does not discriminate.
WTF is she ashamed of? Most asthmatic patients have lost their lives cos their inhaler was not handy. When Asthma attack comes, it can kill the sufferer within minutes if Air is not forced down the Lungs... That is what the inhaler is for... It expands the constricted rib cage and forces air down the lungs.
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by greedie1(f): 9:54am On Sep 29, 2012
Abali1:

Let your friend continue being ASHAMED, when the attack comes in public and she is with people who do not know about her health status, then she will understand that DEATH does not discriminate.
WTF is she ashamed of? Most asthmatic patients have lost their lives cos their inhaler was not handy. When Asthma attack comes, it can kill the sufferer within minutes if Air is not forced down the Lungs... That is what the inhaler is for... It expands the constricted rib cage and forces air down the lungs.
I tried talking to her then to no avail, I hope she is better informed now
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by etochi11(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2012
She claim that †ђξ level of ӇҾȓ own can βξ handled without inhaler. She ȋ̝̊̅§ healthy and plumpy! She said that she lst went Fø̲̣̣я̅ medical check-up in January and doctor told ӇҾȓ that she ȋ̝̊̅§ getting beta
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by greedie1(f): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2012
etochi11: She claim that †ђξ level of ӇҾȓ own can βξ handled without inhaler. She ȋ̝̊̅§ healthy and plumpy! She said that she lst went Fø̲̣̣я̅ medical check-up in January and doctor told ӇҾȓ that she ȋ̝̊̅§ getting beta
Wat jargon?? Wat does she mean by d dr told her she is gettin better? She is gettin beta after an attack or she is on her way to bein completely healed?? Cz asthma has no known cure except maybe tru alternative medicine as ple claim

Yes...some ple ve minor asthma dat can be controlled wit just drugs and some ple outgrow theirs. Maybe she is one of those
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by Abali1(m): 10:24am On Sep 29, 2012
etochi11: She claim that †ђξ level of ӇҾȓ own can βξ handled without inhaler. She ȋ̝̊̅§ healthy and plumpy! She said that she lst went Fø̲̣̣я̅ medical check-up in January and doctor told ӇҾȓ that she ȋ̝̊̅§ getting beta

She is trying not alarm you. My mum is plump and my cousin is okay(she is still single). Asthma has nothing to do with body size. Let her religiously follow the doctors advise. It is a sickness that can be managed very well. My mum is over 70

1 Like

Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by Namzy(m): 1:00pm On Sep 29, 2012
Am asthmatic and am a doctor. Been living with d disease as long as I can remember and it certainly has its scares.....now let me start with telling u that there is nothing like d disease is around d corner unless she means its that time of year(esp during cold dusty harmattan) which means hers is not serious, in fact I don't think she's asthmatic at all, she's just testing you, cos if she were and iys serious you would have noticed by now.
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by whyx06(m): 7:05am On Oct 03, 2012
any MEDIC except Inhaler?
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by whyx06(m): 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
Namzy: Am asthmatic and am a doctor. Been living with d disease as long as I can remember and it certainly has its scares.....now let me start with telling u that there is nothing like d disease is around d corner unless she means its that time of year(esp during cold dusty harmattan) which means hers is not serious, in fact I don't think she's asthmatic at all, she's just testing you, cos if she were and iys serious you would have noticed by now.
She want me to b inform b4 I notice...
Re: She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls by etochi11(m): 9:43pm On Oct 04, 2012
Me....am confuse seff!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Do you love me or its just my body u want"? / Walking Naked In The House Is This Maturity Or Madness / Why Do Guys Get Angry If You Don't Give Them Attention?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.